Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

That70sShirt posted:

I've gotten paying work because people have tracked me down from my watermark.

can't argue with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Seriously lolling if you watermark your images

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Pulled the trigger on the GW690. loving yeah!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Panzano by alkanphel, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I for one am happy to not watermark my photos, such as this one:

:chloe:
http://desmotivaciones.es/7103937/La-vida-es-fascinante

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I remember a dorkroom poster who had a photo stolen by a nazi tumblr but I think there were mountains with pines, was it you too ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

First MF photos hehe :dance:

I need to take good photos now

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

I remember a dorkroom poster who had a photo stolen by a nazi tumblr but I think there were mountains with pines, was it you too ?

Yeah it was me, it ended up getting stolen by about 20 fascist tumblrs, but tumblr were great about taking everything down very quickly.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Imagine how many unnatural red skin tones there are here :v:

Just as an aside, goddamn people, make sure you buy good tripods. I was using one I stole from my school for ages and it was a ridiculous heavy piece of poo poo and thank god for carbon fiber

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Teck Whye by alkanphel, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Imagine how many unnatural red skin tones there are here :v:

Just as an aside, goddamn people, make sure you buy good tripods. I was using one I stole from my school for ages and it was a ridiculous heavy piece of poo poo and thank god for carbon fiber

the mefoto travel tripod owns owns owns

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Mido posted:

the mefoto travel tripod owns owns owns

I have the manfrotto 190CXpro4 tripod and 460MG tripod head. A bit on the expensive side but weighs absolutely nothing and could very easily handle a metal folding 4x5 (Toyo 45A2). Pretty handy when you're carrying weighty gear, you don't even notice the extra.

fail son rebate
Apr 10, 2007

Corruption is why we WIN !!
re-re-revisited this image, referenced before as the problem project due to hand developing.
only took the last week or so.

made from and

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

I am hoping this will help me burn through my lot of expired c-41 film a little quicker so I can focus solely on B&W for a while. I need to get more use out of my enlarger and waiting for a large batch of c-41 film to do development at home is always annoying.

Feels weird having a MF camera with auto exposure and an auto winder.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
fwiw still really looking forward to 'try it with a lime'/'aliencowboys' projects... how's it coming along, bud?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Untitled-60 by Harvard J Nasty, on Flickr

Untitled-42 by Harvard J Nasty, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

What's that line going through the bottom image?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Just noticed it, I think the film was being bent in the film holder.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I've made the decision to get rid of all my wet-plate gear, dangerous chemicals, and alternative process stuff, with a baby on the way I want to minimise the amount of dangerous stuff around the house and I know I won't have the time during the day to do it either.

BUT, on the plus side, we've moved to a new place with a public darkroom a 10min walk away, so I'm keen to do some early morning/late night printing sessions. So I'll stay with medium format and 4x5, and get back into doing some proper printing.

Anyway.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

I've made the decision to get rid of all my wet-plate gear, dangerous chemicals, and alternative process stuff, with a baby on the way I want to minimise the amount of dangerous stuff around the house and I know I won't have the time during the day to do it either.

BUT, on the plus side, we've moved to a new place with a public darkroom a 10min walk away, so I'm keen to do some early morning/late night printing sessions. So I'll stay with medium format and 4x5, and get back into doing some proper printing.

Anyway.

Nice "I had sex" post m8

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
RIP your free time to do any of that stuff, man

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

8th-snype posted:

Nice "I had sex" post m8

I could easily be some cockhold/IVF/adoption dad eunuch.

From what my bothers are telling me, free time is wishful thinking, but I can always dream.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Spedman posted:

Anyway.
The Fox, Strange Neighbour, or somewhere else I don't know about?

I did a session at the Fox just recently and really enjoyed it, planning to try out Strange Neighbour soon as it's much more conveniently located for me. Even in my childless state it's a nightmare finding the time to use the darkrooms, doesn't help that they don't open late very often...

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Spedman posted:

Anyway.

Congrats on the baby, man. :cheers: Although sad to hear you won't be keeping on the wet plate game.

Have you got rid of it all yet? Hows about I take all your chems off you? I'm gonna need some more for the new system. Particularly more AgNO3 and developer etc etc etc

re: rohan, my friend is a 'member'(?) of Strange Neighbour. He loves it there. Been meaning to come check it out, maybe next time I'm in Melbs

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 22, 2016

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Developed my first roll out of the GSW690 last night. I dig.

Morning by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I decided to flush some money down the toilet (buy a Lubitel 166) on impulse.

It's just so small and light. I dream that I'll take it to places that I wouldn't want to lug my big MF camera.

It has a red frame counter window on the back. Is that safe to use with color film?

I've got a feeling that this thing is going to have some light leaks anyway. I just hope the lens is in decent condition.. I've actually seen a lot of fairly nice sharp photos taken with this type of camera.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

SMERSH Mouth posted:

It has a red frame counter window on the back. Is that safe to use with color film?

120 (i.e. with paper backing) only - no 220.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Pukestain Pal posted:

Developed my first roll out of the GSW690 last night. I dig.

Morning by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

Too blue, and composition is lacking. It's not a very interesting photo.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

rohan posted:

The Fox, Strange Neighbour, or somewhere else I don't know about?

I did a session at the Fox just recently and really enjoyed it, planning to try out Strange Neighbour soon as it's much more conveniently located for me. Even in my childless state it's a nightmare finding the time to use the darkrooms, doesn't help that they don't open late very often...

The Fox, it's just a short walk from my new place, my only hope is making friends with the people who work there and be able to work after hours. I've got a ton of trays and red-glass to donate so hopefully that'll curry some favour. When life settles down in a month or so I should be able to get to the darkroom and make some prints, we should go ruin some paper together.

what the gently caress posted:

Congrats on the baby, man. :cheers: Although sad to hear you won't be keeping on the wet plate game.

Have you got rid of it all yet? Hows about I take all your chems off you? I'm gonna need some more for the new system. Particularly more AgNO3 and developer etc etc etc

re: rohan, my friend is a 'member'(?) of Strange Neighbour. He loves it there. Been meaning to come check it out, maybe next time I'm in Melbs

I've got rid of none of my stuff yet, just moved in last weekend, cleaning the old place this weekend. I've got a fair bit of unused AgNO3, and the Fe compound for developer, along with half a bottle of unmixed collodion and the assorted chems to make more working collodion. The only issue is getting this stuff to you, as even shipping from Vic to Tas will cost a shitload. If you can't take them I was going to give them to Ellie up at Goldstreet Studios in Trentham. But, you're more than welcome to them.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Spedman posted:

The Fox, it's just a short walk from my new place, my only hope is making friends with the people who work there and be able to work after hours. I've got a ton of trays and red-glass to donate so hopefully that'll curry some favour. When life settles down in a month or so I should be able to get to the darkroom and make some prints, we should go ruin some paper together.
I asked them about this last week while I was there and they're planning a late-night session for members once a week, so at least that sounds like an option. And definitely, yell out whenever you feel like breathing fixer fumes with a goon.

what the gently caress posted:

Yeah, I've heard good things about it from the place I get my C41 developed. I'm hoping they're open more than their advertised 12–6 though as that does nothing for me during the week. Going to swing by when they re-open next week and scope it out.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Spedman posted:

I've got rid of none of my stuff yet, just moved in last weekend, cleaning the old place this weekend. I've got a fair bit of unused AgNO3, and the Fe compound for developer, along with half a bottle of unmixed collodion and the assorted chems to make more working collodion. The only issue is getting this stuff to you, as even shipping from Vic to Tas will cost a shitload. If you can't take them I was going to give them to Ellie up at Goldstreet Studios in Trentham. But, you're more than welcome to them.

I'll shoot you a PM.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

This rocks.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’ve got an interesting/irritating Hasselblad problem.

I’ve done 12 exposures, and the numbers advanced from 1 through 12 as they should until the end of the roll. However, the red and white indicator on the other side of the film back hasn’t completed. After the 12th exposure, the film wouldn’t advance anymore, suggesting (correctly?) that I’ve come to the end of the roll. The problem is this: I can’t get the spool/film holder (what do you call the «inner» part of the film back?) out of the film back. It’s literally stuck. I suspect that the red and white indicator might be involved in the troubles, as it’s suggesting that I haven’t shot through my roll.

The film back has been hosed for a while and I need a new one, but first I’d like to develop the roll that’s in there now. But for that to happen I need to get it out of there.

Any suggestions?

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Xabi posted:

I’ve got an interesting/irritating Hasselblad problem.

I’ve done 12 exposures, and the numbers advanced from 1 through 12 as they should until the end of the roll. However, the red and white indicator on the other side of the film back hasn’t completed. After the 12th exposure, the film wouldn’t advance anymore, suggesting (correctly?) that I’ve come to the end of the roll. The problem is this: I can’t get the spool/film holder (what do you call the «inner» part of the film back?) out of the film back. It’s literally stuck. I suspect that the red and white indicator might be involved in the troubles, as it’s suggesting that I haven’t shot through my roll.

The film back has been hosed for a while and I need a new one, but first I’d like to develop the roll that’s in there now. But for that to happen I need to get it out of there.

Any suggestions?

I think something else might be wrong because you're supposed to be able to remove the insert at any time. Have you fully wound the film onto the take-up spool after shooting? Or maybe turn harder on the locking knob?

fail son rebate
Apr 10, 2007

Corruption is why we WIN !!

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

I very much enjoy this photograph.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

alkanphel posted:

I think something else might be wrong because you're supposed to be able to remove the insert at any time. Have you fully wound the film onto the take-up spool after shooting? Or maybe turn harder on the locking knob?
Yeah, the back is hosed and needs replacing (but I need money first).

I've wound the film onto the take-up spool and the locking knob is impossible to turn any harder or further. Something prevents the insert from coming out, it stops completely after moving 2mm.

Also, it might not be the troublemaker, but it seems strange that the red and white film indicator isn't completely red since the counter went to 12 on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Xabi posted:

Yeah, the back is hosed and needs replacing (but I need money first).

I've wound the film onto the take-up spool and the locking knob is impossible to turn any harder or further. Something prevents the insert from coming out, it stops completely after moving 2mm.

Also, it might not be the troublemaker, but it seems strange that the red and white film indicator isn't completely red since the counter went to 12 on the other side.

If you have the right screwdrivers, you can disassemble the back. Just google for steps on how to replace the light trap in the back.

• Locked thread