Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

KoB posted:

I havent loaded it up on my Ps4 before with it. Would it prompt me when I log in for the first time?
Yes, that's what mine did. It's all in scribble shapes instead of letters, but if you're familiar with the prompts, you should be good. Or just click through all of the defaults. =)

Yoya posted:

Except for avatars for some reason.
Oh, good point. I guess it's because those follow your account. It would defeat the purpose if I just went to my buddy's house, logged in, and set one of his paid avatars to my PSN account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Awesome! posted:

i think hands of fate is supposed to be pretty good. if its down to $6 though it will probably be free soon

It's alright. For $6 I'd take a flyer on it (I got it when it came out at full price), just don't expect smooth framerates throughout--there's noticeable lag on some animations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/690659318379651072

Buying Skullgirls Second Encore on the sale for :10bux: will net a copy of the Vita version when it comes out.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Probably getting it anyways at $4, but is outlast any good?

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Shnag posted:

It's short, gross, and sweet. Had a hoot playing it with headphones on loud in the dark.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Any champions for Teslagrad or Tiny Brains?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Armor-Piercing posted:

Is Eiyuu Senki any good? I'm not seeing a lot of reviews for it.

are you searching hentai review sites

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Ape Agitator posted:

Any champions for Teslagrad or Tiny Brains?

Teslagrad is good, but I thought it was a PS+ game. Anyway, it's a nice... metroidvania implies a lot more exploration and combat. Hmm. Ability-gaining puzzle platformer? It's fun.

Tiny Brains has a demo, and I remember that turning me off the game completely, though I can't remember why.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Shnag posted:

If you like "things screaming in your face" horror that's pretty much its only trick and it uses the same scares over and over again for a couple hours and then ends in a dumb way.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Awesome! posted:

i think hands of fate is supposed to be pretty good. if its down to $6 though it will probably be free soon

I've been playing it recently and it starts out good but becomes pretty much pure luck a little over halfway through the game.

Some runs become nigh on unwinnable because of the cards you draw early on in the later levels.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

epitasis posted:

are you searching hentai review sites
I am now:

quote:

To unlock new skills the “King of Lust” you control needs to flirt with his attractive minions. This meant that a good chunk of my playthrough involved skimming through cut scenes of seduction rather than directing troops on the frontlines. Thankfully the clips in question are rather amusing. Some highlights of note include teaching Sex Ed to Alexander the Great and reading Nostradamus’ kinky novels, which feature tales of all male romance.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Shnag posted:

I also recommend the dlc it

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Safe Driver posted:

It's short, gross, and sweet. Had a hoot playing it with headphones on loud in the dark.

Surlaw posted:

If you like "things screaming in your face" horror that's pretty much its only trick and it uses the same scares over and over again for a couple hours and then ends in a dumb way.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I also recommend the dlc it

I really enjoyed alien isolation so I got it, going to play it tonight. Might get the dlc if I end up liking it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy poo poo, three things on my wishlist - Flower, Hohokum, and Guacamelee - are super cheap now. How's Rogue Legacy?

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

Holy poo poo, three things on my wishlist - Flower, Hohokum, and Guacamelee - are super cheap now. How's Rogue Legacy?

Rogue Legacy was the PS+ game I played the most last year by quite a large margin. I loved it. For a PS+ game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hotline Miami for $2 with crossbuy is too good to pass up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dwarf74 posted:

it really nails rogue-lite progression in a great way but the actual runs you go on aren't the best examples of platforming, 2d action, or whatever other genres it takes from. its an addictive game though so a lot of people can look past it being fairly clunky feeling to play

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i liked the idea of rogue legacy more than actually playing it. after like an hour youve seen all their prefab rooms

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

i liked the idea of rogue legacy more than actually playing it. after like an hour youve seen all their prefab rooms

That was my first experience. Its also easy to gently caress yourself by buying things that dont help you that much so my first run was a disaster. A couple months later i went back because of the praise the game got and played up to the 4th boss. I like the game now but i had my fill. Lotta people are on ng+ 7 or whatever though. It hooks some people.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I got hooked on RL. I played it on both PS4 and Vita for dozens of hours last year. It's my most played game of 2015 but that's probably because my circumstances changed near the middle of the year and I have a lot less time for single player games now.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

It was fun up until my save was corrupted, and I didn't want to redo everything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rogue legacy's a pretty cool game and worth playing, especially if you have a vita because it's crossplay between that and ps4

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Top 3 ps+ game definitely.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I had somehow manged to get this far along without ever playing Hotline Miami (my sub was lapsed when it was a PSN+ game). I figured at $2, I didn't really have an excuse to not give it a try. It downloaded quickly enough, and I loaded it up, thinking I'd play the tutorial or whatever before leaving to run some errands.

...*two hours later*

:stare:.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 24, 2016

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

Also grinding for higher stats sucks all the fun out of it. I ditched the game after I couldn't get past the third boss no matter what.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I liked Rogue Legacy enough that I did a level 1 run when it came out on PC but I honestly have had no urge to revisit it since then.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I see Shadow of Mordor season pass is half off. Is the DLC for the game any good

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Mr Hootington posted:

I see Shadow of Mordor season pass is half off. Is the DLC for the game any good
Nope, totally forgettable.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If you REALLY like the base game and want more or felt like the base game was too short, sure. But all it does is add very minor twists on the same exact gameplay and gives you a new set of orks to murder.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ok thank you.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Weavered posted:

Rogue Legacy was the PS+ game I played the most last year by quite a large margin. I loved it. For a PS+ game.

Rogue legacy is straight up good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yechezkel posted:

Also grinding for higher stats sucks all the fun out of it. I ditched the game after I couldn't get past the third boss no matter what.

Huh, I think that's about where I gave up too.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
To give the obligatory dissenting opinion, I really didn't like Rogue Legacy; the movement and combat just didn't feel right to me. It kinda felt like they put post-Symphony of the Night Castlevania into this procedural generation framework but didn't take any cues from the actual mechanics that make those games enjoyable. Plus the generational thing sounds cool on paper but doesn't end up being that compelling of a gimmick.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Anyone know why the PS1 Ape Escape games aren't on PSN? And is the PSP one any good?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I usually don't get too into the indie PS+ games, especially anything platformy, but Rogue Legacy might have been the most fun I've had on my PS4. Granted, it came after a frustrating first hour/hour-and-a-half, but after starting over and being marginally better than before, I got incredibly addicted to it. Controls felt better to me than any other slashy/jumpy game I've played in forever. I also think the ancestry gimmick works just fine, especially as you unlock more and more classes and it becomes a matter of choosing if you want to make a concerted effort at slaying the next boss, going for gold, opening up the map so you can save the castle layout and have an easier time when you get to the next generation, etc.

I had no interest in playing it any further after beating it once, not counting the stronger versions of bosses that you can unlock, but there are so many games out there now that I rarely feel like replaying anything straight away. I would've felt like I got my money's worth had I paid for it.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
New things revealed on The Drop:

Saturday Morning RPG for PS4 and Vita with cross-buy.

PS4 closed beta of The Division, starting on Friday, January 29

Flash Sale: Indie Deals will go on until Monday at 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern.

:pt: There might be PSN maintenance tomorrow night. :pt:
Final Fantasy XIV site confirms it, along with the Japanese PSN status page:

quote:

メンテナンス"PlayStation Network"メンテナンスのご案内更新日:2016年01月22日
このたび、下記の日程にて"PlayStation Network"のシステムメンテナンスを実施させていただきます。

【期間】
2016年01月26日(火) 10:30 ~ 17:00 (予定)
【影響について】
メンテナンス中は、"PlayStation Network"("PlayStation Store"を含む)のご利用と、
各Webサイトからのサインインがご利用いただけない場合がございます。
その際は、再度お試しいただくか、しばらく時間をおいてお試しいただきますようお願い申し上げます。

ご利用のお客様には、ご迷惑をお掛けいたしますが、ご理解のほどよろしくお願い申し上げます。
Times convert to Monday night 5:30pm to 12am Pacific / Tuesday morning 1:30am to 8am GMT

Both NA and EU PS support forums haven't said anything about it yet.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 24, 2016

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Cross-post from PS4 thread:

Instant Grat posted:

The GOTY edition of Bloodborne (Game + Old Hunters DLC) is 40% off (50% with PS+) in Denmark, and presumably the rest of Europe, on the PSN store.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Wow, can you believe they're remastering Vakyria Chronicles for PS4? Maybe I'll make it past that cursed tank this time...

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

barren_sky posted:

Wow, can you believe they're remastering Vakyria Chronicles for PS4? Maybe I'll make it past that cursed tank this time...

$30 for the physical version with a special steelcase is pretty nice! Glad that they're discounting the remasters (this and Gravity Daze) recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Skychrono posted:

$30 for the physical version with a special steelcase is pretty nice! Glad that they're discounting the remasters (this and Gravity Daze) recently.

Well poo poo, I never thought it's be a physical release in the west. I'll buy this game again for $30 bucks, especially with a goddamn steelbook. With this and Yakuza 0 coming west, I guess it's about time to finally buy a PS4.

• Locked thread