Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Come on dude if you like meth you'll be super excited about moving to Indianapolis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Jeez the Rams already have 45,000 season tickets deposits in just 2 days. Also heard on the radio that the Rams value doubled after moving to LA.

edit: also a second lawsuit from PSL holders in St. Louis was just filed.

I mean, it's only a $100 dollar deposit.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

edit: also a second lawsuit from PSL holders in St. Louis was just filed.

Looks like at some point the contracts were modified to let the Rams cancel them and refund a portion of the licensing fee. Wonder if the originals do as well, and if that option for the Rams holds up in court

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
All the Rams have to do is honor the licenses and charge 20 times for the tickets.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lol

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/691270695871995904

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Raiders moving to San Diego is worst case scenario for everyone involved. Not only do Raiders move away from their fans, into a place with no Raiders fan, but they end up with just a slightly-less-garbage-but-still-pretty-garbage stadium.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

I cannot imagine a thing more tragic. Sorry San Diego but at least Oakland would be finally free!

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Scramble the entire AFC West

Go Kansas City Broncos

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
That's loving stupid. I hate all your teams but I sincerely hope you guys get to keep em. For fucks sake San Diego Raiders? If they do any of these moves I expect you guys to the right thing a pull a hostile take over and give them back to the people. Viva La Oakland Raiders! Viva La Sandiego Chargers!

I dont care about the rams

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
That's my bread and butter you're loving with Spanos

This is a bluff because if the Raiders move to San Diego(where they have a shitload of fans) the LA Chargers will lose a ton of fans

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Raiders moving to San Diego is worst case scenario for everyone involved. Not only do Raiders move away from their fans, into a place with no Raiders fan, but they end up with just a slightly-less-garbage-but-still-pretty-garbage stadium.
Just thought of this in the shower.

Raiders/Chargers Switcheroo: a Modest Proposal

Step 1: Raiders move to San Diego, Chargers move to LA. This goes down just like the owners apparently want it to.

Step 2: Swap names. The NFL already proved it can move team names, uniforms, records etc. from team to team with the Ravens/Browns transaction. All we're doing here is the same thing. The LA Chargers are now called the LA Raiders and wear black and silver. The San Diego Raiders are now called the San Diego Chargers and wear powder blue because the powder blue uniforms are loving sweet.

Step 3: Each team trades all its coaches and players and draft picks to the other team, in exchange for all that team's coaches and players and draft picks. The San Diego Chargers send Del Rio, Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Khalil Mack et al. in exchange for McCoy, Philip Rivers, Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates etc. from the LA Raiders. Granted, this is easily the biggest trade in league history. But it's still just a trade. No new league rules need to be created here, just a great big ol' trade.

Step 4: Each team releases its GM and all its scouts. They are free to go work for any team, particularly the one other team in the NFL that all of a sudden has just a ton of front-office vacancies.

Step 5: Profit. Now there's a team called the "San Diego Chargers" playing in San Diego with Philip Rivers at QB, Mike McCoy coaching, and the same front office as the old Chargers. There's a team called the "LA Raiders" playing in LA (where they have at least some fans, unlike San Diego) with Derek Carr at QB and Jack Del Rio coaching and (for better or for worse) Reggie McKenzie still GM'ing. The only difference is that now Alex Spanos owns the "Raiders" and Mark Davis owns the "Chargers." But since they obviously care more about making shitloads of money than they do about their teams' history and traditions, I doubt they'll mind.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Spanos and Davis should just switch identities Face/Off style

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

San Dieeegoo... RAIIIIIDERS RAID!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Aside from that Face Off situation I don't understand this move at all from the Raiders perspective. So they move from a city with a dilapidated stadium that doesn't want to finance a new one to...a city with a dilapidated stadium that doesn't want to finance a new one? I guess they wouldn't have to play on a baseball field anymore, but the tradeoff is losing their Oakland fanbase.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Because if there's one thing the Raiders would never do, it's relocate to the other side of the state to play in an old busted-rear end stadium.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

I cannot imagine a thing more tragic. Sorry San Diego but at least Oakland would be finally free!

That's not true at all, you can imagine any team trading for Alex Smith just fine.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
*Reminder that the relocation fee to move an NFL team and Mark Davis' net worth are pretty equal*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Donkwich posted:

Scramble the entire AFC West

Go Kansas City Broncos

This post is an abomination. It's like incest crossed with molestation and I am morally outraged.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Blitz7x posted:

*Reminder that the relocation fee to move an NFL team and Mark Davis' net worth are pretty equal*

The billionaires in San Antonio will pay it no problem.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

There's actually a solid Raiders fan base in San Diego

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All of California really. And Mexico now that I think about it.

edit: move the Raiders to Baja. Los Raiders de Rosarito.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Aside from that Face Off situation I don't understand this move at all from the Raiders perspective. So they move from a city with a dilapidated stadium that doesn't want to finance a new one to...a city with a dilapidated stadium that doesn't want to finance a new one? I guess they wouldn't have to play on a baseball field anymore, but the tradeoff is losing their Oakland fanbase.

That's because the Raiders aren't moving to San Diego. It's just bargaining leverage to throw at the city of Oakland.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

warcrimes posted:

That's because the Raiders aren't moving to San Diego. It's just bargaining leverage to throw at the city of Oakland.

Except literally everyone can see through it. It's a stupid thing to let out, even if it's unofficial.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

What are they trying to leverage? The city of Oakland has done zero to keep the Raiders.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
"please give us money, someone? please?"
*crickets*

i cant tell you how loving happy this makes me

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

go3 posted:

"please give us money, someone? please?"
*crickets*

i cant tell you how loving happy this makes me

San Antonio and St. Louis were just offering a lot of money. There's no chance the Raiders go to SD if SD isn't any offering anything more than Oakland is. That's stupid.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

How about all these local governments stop competing with eachother to see how much public money they can throw at billionaires? Why don't they just have a loving convention or something where they all agree to that, we'd be way better off.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ross Angeles posted:

What are they trying to leverage? The city of Oakland has done zero to keep the Raiders.

That's actually not true.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Volkerball posted:

San Antonio and St. Louis were just offering a lot of money. There's no chance the Raiders go to SD if SD isn't any offering anything more than Oakland is. That's stupid.

If the Raiders are going to move, it's absolutely going to be to San Antonio. Red McCombs pledged help with money if they go there, and Mark Davis owns enough land between SA and Austin they could build a stadium there, and they could use the Alamodome in the meantime, which is nicer than a bunch of other teams' regular stadium.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 24, 2016

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The city of Oakland has offered the Raiders the coliseum property and the smelly parking lots but it still would require the Raiders to go deep in their own pocket, which Marky won't do as he thinks his special show pony should get whatever it wants.

My insane solution is to have the Raiders share Jerry's world with the Cowboys. Heaven (Hell). When the Raiders host it turns into Mad Max thunderdome with blood fountains and flames everywhere. This scenario works with Jeddy's world in Santa Clara too.

Are there no Qualcomm/BioTech/Defense industry deranged billionaires available to rescue the Chargers from Spanos and throw down some cash to rebuild in Mission Valley? Use Navy Seal teams to apply pressure to various parties as needed to get it done.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Keyser S0ze posted:

Are there no Qualcomm/BioTech/Defense industry deranged billionaires available to rescue the Chargers from Spanos and throw down some cash to rebuild in Mission Valley? Use Navy Seal teams to apply pressure to various parties as needed to get it done.

SDSU could partner with the Chargers organization to help rebuild a new Qualcomm, maybe throw in $50 or less. That also keeps the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, so I wonder if the NCAA would be interested in helping out rather than relocating one of the big bowls.

That being said, Spanos either needs to foot 60% of the bill on his own or he needs to sell the team to someone in the area who will.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's kind of funny to think about but if Spanos isn't a rich enough billionaire to afford to keep the Chargers in San Diego than he needs to sell the team to somebody who is. Because moving the team anywhere else is going to doom them.

I just don't think there's a happy ending for the LA Chargers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

SD is offering more than Oakland is. The Chargers just won't come to the table. The Raiders might.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

SD is offering more than Oakland is. The Chargers just won't come to the table. The Raiders might.

They aren't offering $550 mil, that's for sure. Not to mention SD is a bums market with the Chargers and Rams in LA, so even if the NFL waives the relocation fee, there's probably 5 better options out there for the Raiders

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

aperion posted:

That's not true at all, you can imagine any team trading for Alex Smith just fine.

I would like to imagine a team trading for him again so it's not the most tragic thing. Rams, Texans, get on it and take him from us!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It might be better to trade Houston Charles for Hopkins. :D

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The idea has been floated that Kroenke might contribute more to the Chargers to keep them in SD, but that just means the LA Raiders become a reality and that's a more competitive team in the market.

I don't understand (other than the obvious greed motive) why they can't come up with a revenue-neutral or positive facility for any team. The city can issue the bonds to help pay the upfront costs and take some of the risk, and the team can repay the cost of the bonds over 20 years or whatever. Otherwise, nothing gets done in San Diego. Has a team ever actually released their balance sheets?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

It all falls back to the Skull Boat option.
There is no other realistic nor awesome way to relocate the Silver & Black.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Skull Boat forever. Can also be retrofitted to launch nuclear attacks if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

What happens when Marks mom dies? US he going to have to sell off a chunk of the team to pay for inheritance tax?

• Locked thread