Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lemming posted:

They have a thing that disables the dash and the throw, so if they do that after an invis that gives them some distance sometimes they do have five seconds available. Not common, but can still happen.

Sleeping the cat is a good idea though, I'll definitely have to give that a shot.

It's true, but if you let them get into that situation it's mostly your fault for hitting dandelion in the first place and giving them what is basically the perfect setup. Definitely focus more on when your openings are available and don't give them the chance to get the upper hand with invis. This applies to fighting against deflect windows like BDs and Destroyers have too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lemming posted:

Edit: Lmao their counter lasts 1 second with a cooldown of 1.3 seconds, so you have .3 seconds + lag to hit if they just stand there

There's a variant of Counter that has zero cooldown, deals more counter-damage, goes through your defensive skills, increases our crit rating on a counter, and also elbows you in the face even if we mistime the counter. The big drawback to it is that it doesn't give us the 1-second stance of the other Counter types, though.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schubalts posted:

There's a variant of Counter that has zero cooldown, deals more counter-damage, goes through your defensive skills, increases our crit rating on a counter, and also elbows you in the face even if we mistime the counter. The big drawback to it is that it doesn't give us the 1-second stance of the other Counter types, though.

Elbow Strike owns but yea you have to have some precise timing with it. It pays off when you do, you also hurt them, throw their damage back at them, get the boosts and a twin snake attack.

I swapped iron shoulder's knockback for a hellfire kick set up so i can be more combo wombo instead of having to close the distance in constantly. It makes me more evasion oriented though, which is fine because I also put points in triple kick for a fire kick too and it does a solid amount of damage on a successful evade and it just looks cool as hell 8)

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You might want to get Iron Shoulder's knockback effect back, because it is one of the ways you trigger Smite, aka the Shoryuken, which gives you another way to close the distance and launch dudes into the air at the same time. You can even spec it to be AoE so you grab everybody and take them to space.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
Who can be messaged for the Old Man Cho guild? level 38 and I need some Cho Bros, hoppinggoblin in game

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm finding that between ping, and getting older :stat: :wal: a 0.3s window from some of the stuff I have to do as an assassin might just be impossible :shobon:

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm finding that between ping, and getting older :stat: :wal: a 0.3s window from some of the stuff I have to do as an assassin might just be impossible :shobon:

In both PvP and PvE, there are a lot of situations where I find that I just don't have the time to react, so instead what I do is preempt them by holding down whatever key. For example, when you're thrown into the air by a player or mob, just start holding F while you're still in the air to retreat/get up as soon as you hit the ground. This does mean you need to be a little more familiar with situations though, so you know what to do next beforehand.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
So are there any more class tutorial quests past the level 14 one? As I've just hit 16 on my blade dancer, which has given me a new stance and doubled the poo poo I've got to learn.

Also got a warlock weapon from a dungeon which is pretty funny

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Please don't kick me from Shanghai Goons, I've been on a business trip the last few days. :v:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Is there a site anywhere that has datamined drop rates or something? I'm on like run 15 of tomb of the exiles with no summoner pet drop :(

i understand 15 isn't a lot but you know i was hoping not to have to run it 100 times

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
This game seems.... ok. I hate a lot about it, but the combat is so good that I'm letting a lot of it slide for now. Is there a cerulean guild on Mushin with space?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Tsurupettan posted:

anyone have an idiot's guide to FM? i made one for an alt and they seem pretty chill.

posted this a few pages ago, FM is pretty rad so far. anyone with a high level one have some input on playing them? I'm kind of in the dark still.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Tsurupettan posted:

posted this a few pages ago, FM is pretty rad so far. anyone with a high level one have some input on playing them? I'm kind of in the dark still.

FM does a stupid amount of damage, but until we get lv 50 and actual defensive skills they're going to have a glass jaw and there will be some dailies you're going to find just aren't gonna be a good time for you. The ice puddle you can turn Dragonchar into, while it does a lot of damage when it crits, can be a massive pain in dungeons, because a lot of mob FMs are specced for it, turning a 6 man into an exciting game of 'whose murder puddle am I standing in?'

I am genuinely scared of what happens when I upgrade my weapon above lv 36 though, I'm already pulling hate off other people in the Big 4.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Isn't that the one you turn frost's Z into? Dragonchar's ice form is a really delayed meteor that deals more damage if you use it consecutively but in practice seems really hard to get to grips with.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Dabir posted:

Isn't that the one you turn frost's Z into? Dragonchar's ice form is a really delayed meteor that deals more damage if you use it consecutively but in practice seems really hard to get to grips with.

That's right, that's right, sorry, I had things crossed up.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Amante posted:

Due to the actiony and fast paced nature of the combat, B&S is very ping dependent. You can choose certain classes to minimize the impact of ping, but it's hard to avoid regardless.

Well given that it seems I have around 250 ms on EU and like 90 on NA, which server would be better to roll on Mushin or Jiwan?

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Shanghai Goon back at maximum capacity.

Everyman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 24, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Where are you guys seeing your ping? I don't see it in the options anywhere.

I still can't pick what class to play past 20. I knew I should have picked up one of the more expensive founders packs, I'm gonna be spending money just on character slots :(

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ciaphas posted:

Where are you guys seeing your ping? I don't see it in the options anywhere.

I still can't pick what class to play past 20. I knew I should have picked up one of the more expensive founders packs, I'm gonna be spending money just on character slots :(

I'm not entirely sure if this is accurate, but basically you have to check your tcp latency yourself. The game sure as poo poo doesn't give you an option to view ping.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Eimi posted:

I'm not entirely sure if this is accurate, but basically you have to check your tcp latency yourself. The game sure as poo poo doesn't give you an option to view ping.

Well according to windows resource monitor I'm running somewhere between 80 and 150, if I'm looking at the right connection. I'm guessing that's too high to reliably play KFM or the other fast-reaction classes (whatever those are) at upper levels, right?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Now that the game has been 'live' for a few days and the queues are (kinda?) evening out, what would you guys say are the classes you're seeing the most / least of at present?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I played KFM in China with a ping almost twice that. You'll be fine.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Gearhead posted:

FM does a stupid amount of damage, but until we get lv 50 and actual defensive skills they're going to have a glass jaw and there will be some dailies you're going to find just aren't gonna be a good time for you. The ice puddle you can turn Dragonchar into, while it does a lot of damage when it crits, can be a massive pain in dungeons, because a lot of mob FMs are specced for it, turning a 6 man into an exciting game of 'whose murder puddle am I standing in?'

I am genuinely scared of what happens when I upgrade my weapon above lv 36 though, I'm already pulling hate off other people in the Big 4.

Are there some classes that will fare better at 50 than most, or is just a everything gets better and stays viable situation?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Innerguard posted:

Now that the game has been 'live' for a few days and the queues are (kinda?) evening out, what would you guys say are the classes you're seeing the most / least of at present?

Blade Master is most popular, which was a given, and Summoner is least popular.

jaffyjaffy posted:

Are there some classes that will fare better at 50 than most, or is just a everything gets better and stays viable situation?

I hear talk that Warlocks are overpowered as poo poo, but beyond that it's fairly even at 50.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Son of a bitch. I was an idiot and decided not to log in and reserve my spot on the server early enough in the morning. premium queue is 67 peeps long and it's not going down until bedtime or if the servers poo poo themselves and I can snake my way in. Rip in piss, my entire loving day.

This is the first game I've ever played where there's so much people who have premium to the point where it's practically restricting free play during prime times. It's unreal. But whatever, I've got plenty of other games to play.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Liberatore posted:

I hear talk that Warlocks are overpowered as poo poo, but beyond that it's fairly even at 50.

AFAIK that was before the balance patches we are getting.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Stormgale posted:

AFAIK that was before the balance patches we are getting.

Then it should be fine, especially since that means we're skipping the builds where BM and KFM dominated PvP.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I wish there was a gun-fu class inthis. All the enemies shooting guns at me makes me really want to be those enemies.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

KittyEmpress posted:

I wish there was a gun-fu class inthis. All the enemies shooting guns at me makes me really want to be those enemies.

I hope we get one some day before the game dies. I so wanted Machinist in FFXIV to be more gun-fu and it just kind of wasn't :(

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Holy *poo poo* is there any way to block the gold spam in this game other than just turning off chat completely? It's horrendous and likely is why the queues are so long. :(

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

LegionAreI posted:

Holy *poo poo* is there any way to block the gold spam in this game other than just turning off chat completely? It's horrendous and likely is why the queues are so long. :(

You can individually report them for gold selling, which also lets you block them. I just turn off region chat and report the ones in faction chat.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Old Man Cho bros, still looking for an invite on Humble Hwang, keep trying to whisper those who said they can incite and I either don't get a response or they aren't online :(.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Lemming posted:

If anybody wants to 1v1 and tell me how to beat them if they're one of the bullshit donkey fucker classes, feel free to let me know! I would love to learn.

I play the summoner class which is on the top of your bullshit donkey fucker class list. I'm not very good at PvP but I'm always willing to spar with someone so add me at Velveteen in game if you want to practice against summoner without watching your rank drop.

This goes for any other goons that wants to spar! I'm currently at gold and definitely need more practice!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Son of a bitch. I was an idiot and decided not to log in and reserve my spot on the server early enough in the morning. premium queue is 67 peeps long and it's not going down until bedtime or if the servers poo poo themselves and I can snake my way in. Rip in piss, my entire loving day.

This is the first game I've ever played where there's so much people who have premium to the point where it's practically restricting free play during prime times. It's unreal. But whatever, I've got plenty of other games to play.

Idk man, skip a coffee and buy the student pack. Week of premium for $5, cheap entertainment.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Well, so I thought that I'd be able to play this weekend, but apparently the estimated queue time is 766 minutes. Did goons migrate away from Jiwan? I've not even been able to play once so far.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

jaffyjaffy posted:

Everything is more or less even as far as PvE goes. Some classes are gonna be uuuugly in PvP but that's a core conceit of those classes.

And even then I would hesitate to say one class rules all in all situatioms.

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
I rolled on Master Hong as Destroyer. Destroyer loving owns. Let me know if you want to learn how to PvP like a Professional Gamer.

I saw a Goon Squad on this server and no info in the thread about there being a Goon Squad on Master Hong, so I assume it's fake.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I dunno if I am missing something but besides expensive buns are there any days tonheal faster outside of combat? My destroyer takes a beating because I am bad at games.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Couple questions:

1. Does the game have a group finder? I am way past the point of shouting for a group, left that behind me in FFXI.

2. Is it true Jiwan is infested with BRs, because that's where my wife wants us to play and I'm a bit worried.

3. Where do I get the code thinger the game is asking for when I launch it? As far as I know I never chose one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Couple questions:

1. Does the game have a group finder? I am way past the point of shouting for a group, left that behind me in FFXI.

2. Is it true Jiwan is infested with BRs, because that's where my wife wants us to play and I'm a bit worried.

3. Where do I get the code thinger the game is asking for when I launch it? As far as I know I never chose one.

1. Yes, and it's far better than almost any game's I've seen. F7 then click "cross-server lobby".

3. If it says you already have a pin, it's the WildStar authenticator you used to use. If you don't have it, just log into the website and remove the authenticator from your account.

Dunno about 2, sorry man.

• Locked thread