Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In a world full of Kanye Wests, be Gambit.

There I put as much thought into it as the person who made that image. Where are my upvotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I'm...confused.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

trapped mouse posted:

I'm...confused.

Translation: "Black Christians of the world, why did you pray for the white people who died in France but not black people who are being poisoned in Flint? Because you're a race traitor, that's why."

hth

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why is including a screenshot of a famous person's tweet and a hash tag supposed to signify that it's not trendy?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

YeahTubaMike posted:

Translation: "Black Christians of the world, why did you pray for the white people who died in France but not black people who are being poisoned in Flint? Because you're a race traitor, that's why."

hth

I was wondering why nobody was mentioning this thing I see all over the place

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
OH look, a story on Facebook about 4 people shooting each other in a gun store.

Let's read through some of the public statuses.

Huh. OK.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Guys who are really attracted to Harley Quinn worry me. Especially the guys who actually work in comics that make her more and more sexualized as they make her more and more violently psychotic.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I forgot that's how that ruling turned out. Good thing the government is able to completely control religious communities, or else that would be unenforceable!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

About the same time they're forced to "begin" in Christian churches: never, unless they want to

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

EvilGenius posted:

In a world full of attention whores, be a different kind of attention whore.

In a world full of attention whores be a violent criminal that stays in an abusive relationship.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

ToxicSlurpee posted:

In a world full of attention whores be a violent criminal that stays in an abusive relationship.

Isn't the most recent canon that she dumps her abusive and manipulative boyfriend to start dating Poison Ivy, another mass murderer? And we're supposed to be happy for her?

Comic books are dumb.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Boywhiz88 posted:

Huh. OK.

Can someone translate? I don't speak this dialect of stupid.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Isn't the most recent canon that she dumps her abusive and manipulative boyfriend to start dating Poison Ivy, another mass murderer? And we're supposed to be happy for her?

Comic books are dumb.

I haven't read the comics, but she dumps someone who is bad for her and abusing her for someone who isn't? I mean Poison Ivy isn't a good person, but it's still a good move for Harley from the sound of it.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Indolent Bastard posted:

Can someone translate? I don't speak this dialect of stupid.

Same old rhetoric, said in the most confusing way possible.

"Increasing gun control doesn't matter because you can easily buy them on the black market. If you're in a mass shooting situation, you better hope there are people who carry so you don't have to rely on the police to save you. Blacks and Hispanics are all in gangs, so we need guns to protect ourselves from them."

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

cash crab posted:

The guy in the background looks like he's thinking, "haha, poo poo, he's actually doing it"

That's a pretty accurate description of his whole time in power really.

I know he's not social media just regular media but there were some moments like this when he found out a grandmother needed to work on a sex line because her pension wasn't enough to live off.

And this is him being asked to explain why he said "poo poo happens" to the soldiers who were explaining how one was killed over in the middle east.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wT9XS_TvzQ

Basically imagine if George W Bush was completely incompetent.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Birb Katter posted:

I know he's not social media just regular media but there were some moments like this when he found out a grandmother needed to work on a sex line because her pension wasn't enough to live off.

And this is him being asked to explain why he said "poo poo happens" to the soldiers who were explaining how one was killed over in the middle east.

What in the actual gently caress

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

"I've given you the response you deserve" hahahah

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Boywhiz88 posted:

Huh. OK.

People don't really understand how illegal guns come into the market. They're legally bought somewhere, then they are resold and made less traceable. It's not like there's a black market gun factory.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Wow. I think this is the first time I've actually seen Tony Abbott speak, I think I can see why people don't seem to like him! Jesus christ.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Thanks to tony Abbott I believe that the lizard people are real and he is one of them.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Obligatory Toast posted:

Thanks to tony Abbott I believe that the lizard people are real and he is one of them.

Lizards don't have this much hair

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

Lizards don't have this much hair

Never heard of a fursuit?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

"you're not saying anything, tony."

loving lol

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Serperoth posted:

I haven't read the comics, but she dumps someone who is bad for her and abusing her for someone who isn't? I mean Poison Ivy isn't a good person, but it's still a good move for Harley from the sound of it.

Actually we're suppose to be happy for her because lesbians are hot am i right guys? :pervert:

I mean there would be outrage a plenty if 2 dude superheros/villians got together (if they haven't already, i don't read comics :() but that's not the case so yay!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Practical Demon posted:

Guys who are really attracted to Harley Quinn worry me. Especially the guys who actually work in comics that make her more and more sexualized as they make her more and more violently psychotic.

DC is run by shitheads who run everything into the ground. Harley Quinn is just one of the more notable characters to undergo slutification. I remember reading about a girl who liked reading Teen Titans comics getting upset when the New 52 comics turned Starfire into a literal whore.

Comics are bad, but DC is the worst.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Birb Katter posted:

Okay, seriously. That's just an alien wearing a people suit. I accept no other explanation.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Birb Katter posted:

Yeah......imagine

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

cash crab posted:

Okay, seriously. That's just an alien wearing a people suit. I accept no other explanation.

The way he just stood there nodding in silence that long was freaking me out. If he had peeled his face off to reveal an alien and bit the other guy's head off, it would have been completely unsurprising. Was he having a fit? I give props to the reporter for maintaining his cool and not backing away saying "Dude, seriously, you're creeping me the gently caress out."

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Arcsquad12 posted:

DC is run by shitheads who run everything into the ground. Harley Quinn is just one of the more notable characters to undergo slutification. I remember reading about a girl who liked reading Teen Titans comics getting upset when the New 52 comics turned Starfire into a literal whore.

Comics are bad, but DC is the worst.

Yeah, what they did to Starfire was pretty awful, as were most things involving women in the New 52 relaunch. But it's been happening forever. The lesbian fantasy stuff with Harley Quinn and Ivy started during the loving cartoon specifically aimed at kids because Paul Dini is gross.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

cash crab posted:

Duality of man, etc etc

e:

Real person, btw, but I found this screenshot elsewhere hence no blur/edit, tbh if you want to browse the rest of his profile it's just as eugggh.
What the gently caress? I was way off - I'm 5"5" and 125. Looks like I have a lot of not eating to do

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

zVxTeflon posted:

Yeah......imagine

I think W's greatest triumph was that he actually got people to believe in that "simple country boy" persona of his. His supporters liked it because it made him a relatable guy you could have a beer with that wasn't tied up in all that fancy Washington bullshit despite being a Ivy League educated son of a president who was vice-president before that. His opponents bought it because LOL BU$HITLER IS A BRAINLESS MONKEY.

I mean I don't think he's any sort of genius but I think he's probably by far the smartest Bush brother.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey posted:

The way he just stood there nodding in silence that long was freaking me out. If he had peeled his face off to reveal an alien and bit the other guy's head off, it would have been completely unsurprising. Was he having a fit? I give props to the reporter for maintaining his cool and not backing away saying "Dude, seriously, you're creeping me the gently caress out."

Yeah, I think he's an actual psychopath,.and his veneer fails when he's in the spotlight like that, and cant dodge the question or redirect the interviewer

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

I think W's greatest triumph was that he actually got people to believe in that "simple country boy" persona of his. His supporters liked it because it made him a relatable guy you could have a beer with that wasn't tied up in all that fancy Washington bullshit despite being a Ivy League educated son of a president who was vice-president before that. His opponents bought it because LOL BU$HITLER IS A BRAINLESS MONKEY.

I mean I don't think he's any sort of genius but I think he's probably by far the smartest Bush brother.

He likely had the same intelligent people his father had and his father had. If JEB gets it now, it'll be the same. I can see them playing JEB as a fool even harder so they can get into power.

Bush family is a front

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Karma Monkey posted:

Tony Abbot is a literal psychopath and that was him completely blanking on what the appropriate emotion to display was. At the end he decided to play it off as distain. This is the only reasonable explanation I can come up with for how Tony Abbot acts.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Actually we're suppose to be happy for her because lesbians are hot am i right guys? :pervert:

I mean there would be outrage a plenty if 2 dude superheros/villians got together (if they haven't already, i don't read comics :() but that's not the case so yay!

Better are the tumblr-ites that rally for these characters because they are "queer" and for no other reason. They could be as lovely and two-dimensional as any other character, but the fact that they are now "queer" makes them above reproach and anyone levying any criticism against them is a bigot.

I recently had to hear how Deadpool is awesome because he is pan-sexual, so that makes him cool. Yup that is why I should care about a character, because he would gently caress/date anything and everything, no other reasons needed.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
You're going to love all the endless Imgur comic book posts then

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

Better are the tumblr-ites that rally for these characters because they are "queer" and for no other reason. They could be as lovely and two-dimensional as any other character, but the fact that they are now "queer" makes them above reproach and anyone levying any criticism against them is a bigot.

I recently had to hear how Deadpool is awesome because he is pan-sexual, so that makes him cool. Yup that is why I should care about a character, because he would gently caress/date anything and everything, no other reasons needed.

Man, you're seeing some dumb people then. All I've ever seen of it is that it's a good thing mainly that she's not in the abusive relationship anymore. Like the one comic part where she's fighting Black Canary and she has to stop because she's got morning sickness and Harley goes into how she left to have her kid and the Joker didn't even notice she left.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Oh so THAT'S why the Deadpool movie is rated R. Just to cover Marvel's rear end in case he decides to gently caress a gay waffle iron or something on camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish there was a remedial comic book thread to catch people up on all the stupid decisions people have made, because the trainwrecks you guys have been mentioning so far sound very interesting.