Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tiberius Thyben posted:

In all fairness, libertarians are liberals. Then again, so are most American conservatives, so.

What? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Just had a single mom of a 10-year old post this

(it was linked from a radio station, of course).

I WILL LITERALLY MURDER YOU IF YOU HAVE CASUAL SEX WITH MY SON. Very tempted to comment on how creepy and possessive it is, but I guarantee it'll just end with no reply and me being blocked.

#6 suggests that if I marry another man, I can relentlessly bully your son. HACKED

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

No to which part?

Edit: Was referring to the actual definition of liberalism, rather than the American colloquial usage.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Jan 24, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

American politics is easier to understand once you realise that "liberal" and "conservative" are just words for "goodie" and "baddie", the application of which depends on your own personal outlook.
Nah, they're just synonyms for Democrat and Republican, utterly divorced from their dictionary definitions.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

In all fairness, libertarians are liberals. Then again, so are most American conservatives, so.
This is true, but Americans never use the word "liberal" that way.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Tiggum posted:

Nah, they're just synonyms for Democrat and Republican, utterly divorced from their dictionary definitions.

This is true, but Americans never use the word "liberal" that way.

Which led to the Liberal party in Australia getting loads of abuse from the American right an election or two ago because they couldn't grasp the concept that the Liberal party here is our right leaning party (but also has some of the most staunch monarchists so would hate the name 'republican').

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I have no idea what I just read and would like to forget it ever existed.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Birb Katter posted:

Which led to the Liberal party in Australia getting loads of abuse from the American right an election or two ago because they couldn't grasp the concept that the Liberal party here is our right leaning party (but also has some of the most staunch monarchists so would hate the name 'republican').

Conservapedia once posted how PM Tony Abbot was ousted by liberals. Made it sound like the equivalent of "President Republicanman removed from office in a coup by Democrats!"

They curiously ignored the part where Abbot himself was a Liberal, and that he was replaced by a different Liberal in an internal selection of new party leader. In fact, the headline had a lowercase-l on liberal, to make it not seem like the party.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Conservapedia once posted how PM Tony Abbot was ousted by liberals. Made it sound like the equivalent of "President Republicanman removed from office in a coup by Democrats!"

They curiously ignored the part where Abbot himself was a Liberal, and that he was replaced by a different Liberal in an internal selection of new party leader. In fact, the headline had a lowercase-l on liberal, to make it not seem like the party.

Did they at least mention he ate a whole raw onion with the skin on?

edit: what is that statement without the gif

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Birb Katter posted:

Its the Coriolis effect in action. In the Southern hemisphere, Liberals are right wing and Republicans are left wing.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

Its the Coriolis effect in action. In the Southern hemisphere, Liberals are right wing and Republicans are left wing.
:golfclap:

Man what about the Liberal-Democrats in England? Did the Conservatives in the US get confused by them?

Or all the drat liberal parties in the rest of Europe for that matter. Or are they just too ignorant of the rest of the world for it to come up?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Haha why would they care about other countries?

As an aside I'll never stopped being amused at Japan's political parties. The Democrats and the liberal democrats...the liberal democrats are the conservative ones.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Birb Katter posted:

What in the actual gently caress

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So do all sovereign citizens carry cameras around with them to record every instance of their rights being violated?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm conflicted about my penis size being divided but I'm totally down with doing it with friends

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So do all sovereign citizens carry cameras around with them to record every instance of their rights being violated?

It's part of the handbook, I'm sure.

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

Who needs titan gel when you've got titan jelq?

Also I'm slightly concerned by the "test yourselves together" bit at the end :stare:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pBougV1JK4

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

cash crab posted:

#6 suggests that if I marry another man, I can relentlessly bully your son. HACKED

Please tell me more about how you plan to assault a ten year old boy

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

bleughmacaroni posted:

Who needs titan gel when you've got titan jelq?

Also I'm slightly concerned by the "test yourselves together" bit at the end :stare:

It's kinda like mutual masturbation but more scientific. Gives a whole new meaning to "peer review".

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Biplane posted:

Pictured: The prior prime minister of Australia, Tony Abbott (recently kicked out of office because he was an utter shitwit) - eating an onion like an apple.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Some people need to prove they are not a vampire more regularly than others.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what kind of middle name is Box

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Yes, the few who are upset about the race distribution of the Oscars represent the entirety of black Americans' concerns. All of them, every single one.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Danyull posted:

Yes, the few who are upset about the race distribution of the Oscars represent the entirety of black Americans' concerns. All of them, every single one.

The African-American community actually does care about that poo poo, like a whole bunch. However, that's not usually a conversation that involves white people, and happens in black communities. What this image is trying to say is "black people aren't allowed to complain about things that involve white people."

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Birb Katter posted:

The guy in the background looks like he's thinking, "haha, poo poo, he's actually doing it"

There's a lot going on here

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

EDIT: Wrong thread.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Being a man sounds boring, I think I'll pass.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

SpliffClavin posted:

"Play at work and work at play"
An E-Sportsman?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

SpliffClavin posted:

Rear children?

Thanks but no thanks. Not planning to go my granddad's footsteps.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SpliffClavin posted:

"are selfless and sacrificial"

cut out your father's heart

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

SpliffClavin posted:

I'm not sure I understand the difference between "content with companionship" and "welcomes intimacy"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

cash crab posted:

I'm not sure I understand the difference between "content with companionship" and "welcomes intimacy"

Probably "OK being friends due to not being an immature manchild" and "Wants to gently caress"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:jerkbag:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Ahh yes if we keep mentioning the Kardashian family they'll go away faster

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ahh yes if we model ourselves on one corporate pop culture product instead of on another corporate pop culture product we are more special and unique individuals.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I don't know much about comics but didn't Harley Quinn kill people?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

In a world full of attention whores, be a different kind of attention whore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Biplane posted:

He is a lizard person from outer space that doesn't understand how human food works.