Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Octopode posted:

Limited data--mostly just if a user is banned currently or not, and whether it's a permanent ban or not, along with aggregate data for the same. I'm heading out shortly, but if there's anything specific you're looking for let me know and I'll see if I can do it or not.

Number of permanent banned users might be interesting if you can get it, even better if you could filter on users with more than 50 posts (to cut out the bots/spammers, lazy/obvious trolls). If I'm making a wish list too, can you pull their backer level if they've set it too?

I'd be interested to see how many High Admirals & Space Marshalls etc have been banned.

AP fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tippis posted:

Let's do the opposite, because it's hell of a lot easier:
• Not bleeding edge — it may be untested and unstable, but it's actually pretty old, and is more a case of lock-in and over-engineering.
• Design by committee is iffy — it's only one insane guy who constantly changes his mind, but I suppose the community ideas could count.
• Not Peter Principle — no person of any competence is being moved upwards, and the people at the top didn't get there because of what they did at a lower level.

Agreed, plus not cash cow because they haven't put out a product yet. Or analysis paralysis because that implies some design beyond the fever dreams of a human thumb.

Everything else applies

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Not a cult

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ghostlight posted:

The free space costs $250

I was thinking that'd be the referral code spot :v:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen: DO WE ALL HAVE AUTISM?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i am proud of purchasing video game stuff as a grown adult

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Toops posted:

I'm 100% serious about writing hacks/cheats. Brb drafting kickstarter pledge.

do you take IOU's?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Wing commander is on syfy HD right now...

Quick! someone watch it cause there's no way I will......

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Daztek posted:

That made me wikipedia the Ninety-ninety rule which led me to Anti-pattern and well...

How many of these can you attribute to CIG? :v:

100 million dollars of moral hazard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Let me save you the trouble

It's poo poo.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Has anyone made CiG bingo cards yet?

It seems someone has.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

a while ago i thought it would be entertaining to watch like Mars Attacks. You know, the so campy that it's funny and fun to watch? Wing Commander is just plain bad and poo poo.

it tries so hard to be a serious sci-fi movie and the "comedic" lines the blonde dude spouts are painfully baaaaaaaad.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Google Butt posted:

that guy owns

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
"Something finite cannot exist in something infinite"

makes sense

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made these today and they're great.

quote:

The Woodchuck® Winter Chill Snickerdoodle

The Woodchuck® Winter Chill Snickerdoodle cookie is baked with one of our unique seasonals. Winter Chill is aged with French and American oak and finished with a touch of vanilla. Added to the makings of a Snickerdoodle delight, the cider adds its own sweet spin on the traditional dessert. Ready to test it out? Here’s the recipe for our Woodchuck Winter Chill Snickerdoodle!

The Woodchuck Winter Cider Snickerdoodle

Recipe yields 10-12 cookies (depending on how big you make them!)

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup of Woodchuck® Limited Release Winter Cider
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of shortening
1 egg
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp. of cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. sugar
Recipe:

Preheat the oven to 350° F.

Pour the Woodchuck Winter cider into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook down until the cider is syrupy. This process should take about 10 minutes. Once the cider has boiled down to about several tablespoons, set aside and bring to room temperature.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, sugar, butter, and shortening until fluffy. Once the cider is ready, add the boiled cider and egg to the mixture, and continue to whisk.

In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the whisked mixture and continue to stir until it forms a fluffy dough.

In a small bowl, sift together the 3 tbsp. of sugar, and the 1/2 tbsp. of cinnamon. Take the dough, and roll into balls about 1 ½ inches thick. Take the dough balls, and roll them in the sugar/cinnamon mixture until the exterior of the dough is coated. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. When the cookies have finished baking, they will still appear dough-like towards the center, but will firm as they cool! Take the cookies out of the oven, and let cool.

Pour your glass of milk, heat up that hot cocoa (or again… hot cider!), take a seat beside the fire and get ready to dunk!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ben's a fat gently caress and I shamelessly family shame him and won't feel pity when his heart gives out for the way he's such a prick.

In other news, I totally stole those recipes because Goons are good cooks I've found.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YTy35ELR8Q

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Agrajag posted:

a while ago i thought it would be entertaining to watch like Mars Attacks. You know, the so campy that it's funny and fun to watch? Wing Commander is just plain bad and poo poo.

it tries so hard to be a serious sci-fi movie and the "comedic" lines the blonde dude spouts are painfully baaaaaaaad.

The dumb part of my brain went "heh maybe I should w-" and the rational part went "shutthefuckup dummy"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
treating infinity as an amount is pretty dumb

Infinity is more like a progression dowlphin

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

"Something finite cannot exist in something infinite"

makes sense

Can't argue with that logic.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

dawlphin please post here eonwe will buy you an account

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Can't argue with that logic.

nope, that guy would be pretty much immune to persuasion

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Star Citizen: Where finite meets infinite and wins

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's poo poo.

The gifs are all I need...

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Google Butt posted:

dawlphin please post here eonwe will buy you an account

i dont think SA can handle the combined powers of Seraph and Dawlphin. it would be like smashing two galaxies together.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This thread convinced me to resub for EVE. gently caress.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That Works posted:

I'm so sorry

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Resubbed for eve, downlood the client , selected 30 days of skills into training queue. Promptly closed the game and never opened it again. drat it feel good to be back

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

That Works posted:

The thread giveth and taketh away (your time and dignity)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's poo poo.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

That Works posted:

You have reached the wrong conclusion from this thread

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ok out of morbid curiosity i had a look at his blog

Skipped over the nutcase stuff and found a funny post about witcher 3, he's upset that the loading screen wastes your time https://dowlphinblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/why-do-game-designers-do-incredibly-idiotic-things/

Dude have you even played fart shitizen yet :psyduck:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

No Mods No Masters posted:

You have reached the wrong conclusion from this thread

Eh. Could be worse.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Berious posted:

Skipped over the nutcase stuff and found a funny post about witcher 3, he's upset that the loading screen wastes your time https://dowlphinblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/why-do-game-designers-do-incredibly-idiotic-things/

man this is the type of guy that thinks he is a genius when everyone else around him knows he is a basic bitch retard

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

SelenicMartian posted:

Somebody suggest noddle machine to be server side on the CIG forums, so that people could steal or buy them and attach them to the outer hulls of ships as extra shielding and snack sources.

Are the noodle machines destructible? Has anyone tried? Honest to goodness, if they were server-side and indestructible and you could find a way to get it stuck in your spaceship's geometry (which doesn't seem that hard) you could make an invincible ship covered in vending machines. The imagery is amazing.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Berious posted:

and the title of that blog was

quote:

Why do game designers do incredibly idiotic things?

:ironicat:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
apparently this video proves that star citizen is "real 64-bit".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G29b0GKX6Sc

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing :shrug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Berious posted:

The about page on that blog links to their other blogs and "Main website".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mirificus posted:

The about page on that blog links to their other blogs and "Main website".

someone tell this guy to: GET OFF THE loving INTERNET AND GO INTERACT WITH REAL PEOPLE!!!

• Locked thread