Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

bonerstorm posted:

I rolled on Master Hong as Destroyer. Destroyer loving owns. Let me know if you want to learn how to PvP like a Professional Gamer.

I saw a Goon Squad on this server and no info in the thread about there being a Goon Squad on Master Hong, so I assume it's fake.

I far as I know the only goon presence on Master Hong is myself... and maybe one other goon? I can't recall, think I saw something about someone rolling on Hong early in the thread.

So yeah, fair chance of being fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Verranicus posted:

Couple questions:

1. Does the game have a group finder? I am way past the point of shouting for a group, left that behind me in FFXI.

2. Is it true Jiwan is infested with BRs, because that's where my wife wants us to play and I'm a bit worried.

3. Where do I get the code thinger the game is asking for when I launch it? As far as I know I never chose one.

1. Yes.

2. Brazilians on red, RPers on blue. Why does this matter?

3. Did you add two factor authentication to your NCSoft account? Through WildStar maybe?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Pryce posted:

1. Yes, and it's far better than almost any game's I've seen. F7 then click "cross-server lobby".

F8 also works to get directly into it.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

KittyEmpress posted:

I wish there was a gun-fu class inthis. All the enemies shooting guns at me makes me really want to be those enemies.

There was
Too bad it got scrapped, there are still a few references to it in the files though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well after the chi master was announced in the korean version they mention that a very requested class was going to be added this year in the korean version so thats going to be a gun wielder or a bowman. Watch it be a spear man instead :shepface:

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I wish I could buy the apprentice pack as a gift so I could play with my friend instead of getting these in my steam chat

Verranicus posted:

2. Is it true Jiwan is infested with BRs, because that's where my wife wants us to play and I'm a bit worried.
Don't worry, they are as socially inept as the Americans.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 24, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well after the chi master was announced in the korean version they mention that a very requested class was going to be added this year in the korean version so thats going to be a gun wielder or a bowman. Watch it be a spear man instead :shepface:

Spears are very cool.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
spears/staves would make more sense in a wuxia game than guns/bows

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Brackhar posted:

Well, so I thought that I'd be able to play this weekend, but apparently the estimated queue time is 766 minutes. Did goons migrate away from Jiwan? I've not even been able to play once so far.

We are still on Jiwan, we also chill in the CTS mumble.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

General Morden posted:

spears/staves would make more sense in a wuxia game than guns/bows

otoh this game has flamethrowers and spear shotguns, so hey yo

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So do any of you goons care to share your thoughts on the game as it is right now? Just opinions, pros and cons and the like.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

It's also not a loving wuxia game. Have you people not played other Korean/Chinese MMOGs? This is how 90% of them do fantasy.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i was talking more thematically in terms of martial arts but ok

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
This guy http://www.twitch.tv/lsjjws3 just got comboed down from 100 to 34 by a blade dancer as a destroyer in one go lmao

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Lemming posted:

This guy http://www.twitch.tv/lsjjws3 just got comboed down from 100 to 34 by a blade dancer as a destroyer in one go lmao

I clicked the stream

He's just been like reading chat and banning people since i got in there.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think he was taking a break, now it's a destroyer mirror where they both spin at each other and one seems to fall down inexplicably.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Holy poo poo. Fighting trash mobs in dungeons while playing a kung fu master is hilarious.

It's just a never ending tide of enemies rushing towards me as I rampage through the place. In other games this would be bad due to the average strength of a given mob. In here it's fun. Because be it with flesh and arms of steel, chitin, or just some really hosed up weeaboo poo poo it all ends the same way.

Because if you play the class right you're a raging flurry of kicks, punches, tackles, and oh-god-I-think-I-straight-up-just-broke-that-guy's-face-in-half attacks that sends everything flying in a tangle of limbs. When you know your combo's and when to use them you move so fluidly that everything near you is just kind of either in the air, stunned, on the ground and thrashing about as you pin it down and beat the living hell out of it, or reeling backwards in agony from a high speed headbutt.

Between the counters and all the stuns and knocks I think I tanked like eight enemies at once at one point. It was hysterical. Everything just went flying everywhere as they rushed me one by one due to being constantly knocked back/down. Cue the stereotypical kung-fu beatdown. And when I ran out of skills for that i'd just parry them and headbutt the poo poo out of them like the most metal fucker around. :black101:

Edit: Also the fact that the class gets several spammable headbutts is amazing. I have one that heals me and one that allows me to pin someone to the ground, climb on top of them, and apply more headbutts at my discretion. I'm like a recursive generator of vicious headbutts. It makes me wish I had checked to see if I could give my character a really sharp nose or something. :allears:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 25, 2016

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

KittyEmpress posted:

I dunno if I am missing something but besides expensive buns are there any days tonheal faster outside of combat? My destroyer takes a beating because I am bad at games.

You have a couple options. I don't remember when they unlock specifically but at level 12ish or so, when you grab a humanoidish monster you should have an ability called Wedge that you can use with f. Each hit restores life and you can do 5 hits of it per grab. Also during grab, Power Slam restores life as well so managing to grab something, doing 5 wedges and a Power Slam works out to about 20-25% health back. Around 17 or so you get Stone Shield which has a 40 second or so cooldown but also heals 20% health.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So uh, professions.. Go Pottery or go home? I liked the idea of the Talismans profession (seals, teleports, etc.) but of course they need pottery ingredients to make any of the cool stuff and it looks like it would be easier to make money off of Pottery and then just buy whatever you need :geno:

shwag
Apr 23, 2008
So as a new 45 what am I supposed to be doing. I have awakened Infernal Axe stage 10 , trying to make gold to buy a Moonwater Transformation Stone that cost 10 ish gold on the ah. Then 2 and a half gold to use it. I see people running around in fully upgraded profane weapons... isn't that like hundreds and hundreds of gold worth of mats? I am just trying to farm gold to get the 10 I need to keep on truckin.

That and running the blue dungeons for the soul shield in the spider dungeon, so is that like what you are suppose to do or am I missing something. All the "now i'm 45 what now guides" say to do the 24 man is that a thing yet?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

shwag posted:

So as a new 45 what am I supposed to be doing. I have awakened Infernal Axe stage 10 , trying to make gold to buy a Moonwater Transformation Stone that cost 10 ish gold on the ah. Then 2 and a half gold to use it. I see people running around in fully upgraded profane weapons... isn't that like hundreds and hundreds of gold worth of mats? I am just trying to farm gold to get the 10 I need to keep on truckin.

That and running the blue dungeons for the soul shield in the spider dungeon, so is that like what you are suppose to do or am I missing something. All the "now i'm 45 what now guides" say to do the 24 man is that a thing yet?

Posted this a few pages ago, it's in the OP as well.
  • East Fleet Supply Chain (Poharan 24man) dailies. This is an "open-world" instance so you just run in and kill stuff and the bosses will respawn on a timer and such. There's a dude outside who gives a ton of dailies, then go in the instance and follow people around or try and find a group and get the dailies done. Poharan herself takes a bit to spawn, I believe you have to kill each of the other bosses 3 times. You can easily get like 3 gold from all of these dailies.

• Blackram Supply Chain (Poharan 6/4man) daily. 6man is easy mode, so do this for awhile to get used to it and farm up the purple Blackram soul shield set. Try to get crit on as many pieces as you can, all of them should be able to roll it except 3. Then you can do 4man if you want for a chance at some cool costume stuff off Poharan herself. 4man is "hard mode" and has much higher damage though, and removes all the aoe indicators and boss ability timing help, so you gotta get good. Just hop in dungeon lobby (F8) and get it done, you should be able to get the daily in the staging area before entering after your group is formed.

• Misty Woods PvP dailies. Put on your faction outfit and head to your side's base in Misty Woods (once you put on the outfit you can see PvP dailies on your map as well as PvP specific windstride points at the bases). You'll need to be at least rank 2 in your faction to get these, so you may need to go back to the desert in Cinderlands and do a few pvp dailies there to rank up first. The reason these dailies are so important is they provide Soulstones, which you will need a TON of for both weapon evolution and crafting. At any rate, do all the Misty Woods quests you can (the Blackwyrm one is kind of impossible to do right now on Mushin because red side is completely uncoordinated). The quests will give you a choice between a set amount of soulstones or a "soulstone pouch" that gives a random amount of 1-4. If for whatever reason you get off on RNG then I guess you could get the pouch, but it usually fucks you over so it's better to go with the set amount. Then go to the base on the beach in Hogshead Pastures and there will be 2 more dailies to do there for more soulstones.

• (Optional)At some point you may want to look for a group on your faction that is farming the named enemy base NPCs that spawn every 10 minutes or so in Misty Woods if you're killing the quest NPCs in the base. These guys drop seals that you can use to buy the Moonwater Arena Soul Shield set which is a great world pvp set as it has a ton of health and defensive stats. It costs 120 seals for the whole set. Piece 2 is guarenteed crit, Piece 6 can roll crit. You can also get your faction's elite outfit (like the fancy fur coat for Red) for 100 seals.

• The "Big 4" dungeon dailies. These are the four level 45 blue dungeons: Skittering Tunnels, Brightstone Ruins, Hall of Ogong, The Pigsty. Same with Poh 6, just hop in the dungeon lobby, grab the daily there, and run em. If you get lucky the Merry Potters recipe will drop and people will bid out of their fuckin minds (we're talking 30-50 gold and sometimes higher) and then you can GET MONEY. Or if you're a potter you could try and get the recipe so you can make the refiners for Moonwater Transformation Stones but in that case I hope you have money in the first place. These dailies also give a fairly hefty amount of silver.

The reason people have true profane already is they got (or know someone who got) the potters recipe from the blue dungeons, enabling them to craft moonwater stones every day and a half or so. The mats for the upgrades are pretty trivial otherwise.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Just looking at character creation and the game lists every class available to the non-midget race as hard or expert. Are they really so difficult to play if I'm not looking to be top rank in arenas or whatever?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Verranicus posted:

Just looking at character creation and the game lists every class available to the non-midget race as hard or expert. Are they really so difficult to play if I'm not looking to be top rank in arenas or whatever?

Destroyer is listed as Normal, and is pretty easy to play. The reason Summoner is the only 'easy' one is because it has a summon, which is really, really useful.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

KittyEmpress posted:

Destroyer is listed as Normal, and is pretty easy to play. The reason Summoner is the only 'easy' one is because it has a summon, which is really, really useful.

I was more looking at kung fu master or whatever because I so rarely get to play in an MMO with fists weapons. I just want to know if it's so hard that I won't even be able to level as it without loving up.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Verranicus posted:

I was more looking at kung fu master or whatever because I so rarely get to play in an MMO with fists weapons. I just want to know if it's so hard that I won't even be able to level as it without loving up.

Complexity ramps up pretty slow and they have some tutorial quests to give you a handle on basic combo's. Hardest thing for me is timing the evades, but you can get by just fine with counters.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It seems strange to me that crimson seems to be losing on every channel in Mushin's Misty Woods

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lemming posted:

It seems strange to me that crimson seems to be losing on every channel in Mushin's Misty Woods

This unchecked aggression by the blue menace cannot stand!

We should world PVP or something this week.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Well, for the sake of finishing the dailies, I have switched to Cerulean, so

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Are Hongmoon keys special compared to regular keys? I have a few in my bank and am out of regular keys, but need to open plague boxes to upgrade my weapon.

Also, for any young FMs out there, The necklace from the blackram Narrows dungeon gives 3k health at level 20, which makes me want to run out and do some world pvp.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Fenris13 posted:

Are Hongmoon keys special compared to regular keys? I have a few in my bank and am out of regular keys, but need to open plague boxes to upgrade my weapon.

Also, for any young FMs out there, The necklace from the blackram Narrows dungeon gives 3k health at level 20, which makes me want to run out and do some world pvp.

They just don't open everything the regular keys do. Feel free to use them.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

So the Mushin queue is still kinda frustrating, which is sad on many levels. Any goon guilds on other servers, or should I just suck it up and accept the wait time?

e: Should've clarified - I meant Crimson Legion goon guilds.

Skylight fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 25, 2016

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Skylight posted:

So the Mushin queue is still kinda frustrating, which is sad on many levels. Any goon guilds on other servers, or should I just suck it up and accept the wait time?

Three goon guilds are on popular servers (Mushin, Old Fart and Jiwan). However there is one poharan and I hear the queue is a lot better there.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 25, 2016

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Lemming posted:

Well, for the sake of finishing the dailies, I have switched to Cerulean, so

And this is why Blue is so much larger than Red on Mushin :sax:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Lemming posted:

The odd time that we crimson have a party to attack the cerulean camp, a pack of them show up and we get stomped, pushed back into our camp and then have it raided and burned to the ground. Being crimson sucks right now.

On another note, I just did the 6 man Blackram Supply Depot with a 5 man group in a pug and it was way easier than I expected.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

Liberatore posted:

Three goon guilds are on popular servers (Mushin, Old Fart and Jiwan). However there is one poharan and I hear the queue is a lot better there.

Poharan, eh? What's the guild name?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

No idea. Some wushu goons. Contact Haroshia or leffe I think. Haro posted in the thread about it.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!

Liberatore posted:

wushu goons

That's some fine pedigree (says a former Wushu casual.) Guess I know where I'm heading.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Monster Mash posted:

And this is why Blue is so much larger than Red on Mushin :sax:

I am quite happy to be part of the problem as long as it's bringing in the fat stacks of soulstone cash.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I'd honestly roll on Jiwan if I were looking to play this for awhile. Just ride out the queues or grab premium if you enjoy the game.

The population will probably drop after a month and it would suck to be on an empty server. Jiwan has a mix of people from several countries and it's the unofficial RP server. So even if the game suddenly takes a nose dive for some reason it'll still have people to mess with play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Archonex posted:

I'd honestly roll on Jiwan if I were looking to play this for awhile. Just ride out the queues or grab premium if you enjoy the game.

The population will probably drop after a month and it would suck to be on an empty server. Jiwan has a mix of people from several countries and it's the unofficial RP server. So even if the game suddenly takes a nose dive for some reason it'll still have people to mess with play with.

That's a good idea, but server choice is not that important in this game. It's a choice of whether you want to play the long game or just want to minimize queues.

Edit: And yeah, servers with international communities are loving great. Everyone within that community picks the same server which ensures a constant stream of new arrivals.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 25, 2016

• Locked thread