Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

You're talking about the anime and not the mang right
no, im talking about the manga

i do not like one piece post timeskip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

no, im talking about the manga

i do not like one piece post timeskip.

Why

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Julias posted:

I personally don't like Fairy Tail. The manga author is good (Liked Rave Master), and there are cool characters/setups, but none of the writting is really clever, and it is litterally Asspull: The Manga" when it came to beating enemies.

It also has the Bleach problem where you keep hoping that someone other than the same one guy will get the cool climactic fight of the arc and then nope. Even just A big fight in the arc would be nice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

unlike pre timeskip one piece, where there was a gradual escalation in threats and arc length, culminating in the impel down/whitebeard war arc combo, post timeskip one piece is all over the place and arcs are insanely long to the point that it barely even feels like an adventure manga anymore. and the core cast is being misused hardcore. sanji hasn't even been in it for like 4 years at this point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I hate the Fairy Tail thread because they somehow keep posting about how disappointed they are that Mashima is 80% of the time drawing Lucy and Erza on sexy poses while I'm like come on nigga!!! He's been doing that for 400 chapters!!!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzsWt7NtxM

I need to find more Love Live songs...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

sanji hasn't even been in it for like 4 years at this point.

you're not caught up

you need to get caught up

this problem is getting addressed incredibly, get caught up

E: it's even cool-guy sanji

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I like that A-Rise is in there, too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont want to get caught up because the manga being bad for 4 years killed all my motivation to get caught up

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I hate the Fairy Tail thread because they somehow keep posting about how disappointed they are that Mashima is 80% of the time drawing Lucy and Erza on sexy poses while I'm like come on nigga!!! He's been doing that for 400 chapters!!!

The other 20% of the time should be Lucy and Erza doing cool things.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

unlike pre timeskip one piece, where there was a gradual escalation in threats and arc length, culminating in the impel down/whitebeard war arc combo, post timeskip one piece is all over the place and arcs are insanely long to the point that it barely even feels like an adventure manga anymore. and the core cast is being misused hardcore. sanji hasn't even been in it for like 4 years at this point.

Sanji has been in for a few weeks and the next arc is gonna be completely about him and his backstory.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This is now pyf plastic neesan. Mine is neesan

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

The sanji arc just began last week actually...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They are finally gonna tell what the hell was Sanji's past before he got on the Baratie and how he was wanted only alive unlike the others. He's a frickin' Tenryuubito!!!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

Already has a child.

Oh god he's halfway there!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Sanji has been in for a few weeks and the next arc is gonna be completely about him and his backstory.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The sanji arc just began last week actually...

that sounds cool but id have to read like 200 chapters at this point, lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

i dont want to get caught up because the manga being bad for 4 years killed all my motivation to get caught up

Where did you quit, Dressrosa? Punk Hazard was poo poo but Dressrosa got really good once poo poo hit the fan.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

the black haired lass

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think the only people who care about One Piece spoilers itt are people who already know them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

that sounds cool but id have to read like 200 chapters at this point, lol

that's literally nothing

also Oda actually called this the year of Sanji, it made the anime news and everything

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Namtab posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Where did you quit, Dressrosa? Punk Hazard was poo poo but Dressrosa got really good once poo poo hit the fan.
mid punk hazard. i wanted it to be good but it kind of wasn't.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hate that girl who thinks shes pretty but isnt. stupid bitch

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

mid punk hazard. i wanted it to be good but it kind of wasn't.

Punk Hazard is garbage, make it through and the next arc is fine.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

loathsome person

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

that's literally nothing

also Oda actually called this the year of Sanji, it made the anime news and everything

The Year of Luigi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Punk Hazard is garbage, make it through and the next arc is fine.
i think ill read golden kamui instead

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

that's literally nothing

The Year of Luigi and now the Year of Sanji? I can't wait to see what lucky guy finally gets his chance in the spotlight in 2017.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

i think ill read golden kamui instead

I have no idea what that is but ok, ganbatte

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Idk if all the swearing in the scans is translator liberty and I don't care.

Davincie posted:

the black haired lass

Her name is okappa

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

The Year of Luigi and now the Year of Sanji? I can't wait to see what lucky guy finally gets his chance in the spotlight in 2017.

Namtab

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bathrooms! Yeah! Toilets...!!

When you think of another place to just relax and hang out at that isn't your own room, what do you think of? Well, for some people, it's the bathroom! It's your own space, your own time... it's a bit cramped and maybe narrow for some but it's a place you can just relax. Read a book, think about stuff, zone out... a great place to just be with you, yourself, and ... you.
Today's Spotlight is all about illustrations that show that personal, private time in the bathroom. Check them out!

http://spotlight.pics/en/a/979

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rn I'm toilet posting while taking an epic dump lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

A motorcycle with a built in toilet would be very powerful

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to know how the Pixiv spotlight gets chosen.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

just finished taking a poo poo...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I have no idea what that is but ok, ganbatte
you should read golden kamui

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU