Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
he's back, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

no way, can you confirm ct?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

no way, can you confirm ct?

I've spent thousands of dollars on the best people and equipment to comb this thread and *looks up and down page* poo poo wait, maybe he's still gone.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

He's back, guys!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zogo posted:

Future plane design will make planes much safer:
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/detachable-cabin-invented-to-save-lives-during-plane-crashes-a6814311.html

Next time a crazy pilot/terrorist wants to fly into the ocean or a mountain range the passengers can vote on their keypads if they want to eject.

I like how they designed it so the luggage would be ejected from the crashing plane as well, so the passengers wouldn't lose their precious belongings.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I like how they designed it so the luggage would be ejected from the crashing plane as well, so the passengers wouldn't lose their precious belongings.

wasnt there a fire on a taxiing plane last year, and half the passengers took the time to grab their overhead luggage before evacuating

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
when mh 370 is recovered, i am traveling to san diego and personally face-loving chinertwon.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Saw 17 posts got excited thinking it was found, but nope its still gone.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

WaryWarren posted:

when mh 370 is recovered, i am traveling to san diego and personally face-loving chinertwon.

does Malaysia Airlines go to San Diego

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

also what's the over/under on the passengers being dead by now

i figure after a week or so of being gone, they'd have gone through all food on the plane, but maybe cannibalism has kept a few of them going?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

smoobles posted:

i figure after a week or so of being gone, they'd have gone through all food on the plane, but maybe cannibalism has kept a few of them going?

The plane crashed into the ocean and they were all eaten by lobsters shortly after.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Angela Christine posted:

The plane crashed into the ocean and they were all eaten by lobsters shortly after.

Whoa, are you saying what I think you are saying? The we could all get a piece of MH370 if we eat at the Red Lobster?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Whoa, are you saying what I think you are saying? The we could all get a piece of MH370 if we eat at the Red Lobster?

airplane food is bad the first time, let alone post lobster digestion

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

It's :lost: guys.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zogo posted:

Future plane design will make planes much safer:
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/detachable-cabin-invented-to-save-lives-during-plane-crashes-a6814311.html

Next time a crazy pilot/terrorist wants to fly into the ocean or a mountain range the passengers can vote on their keypads if they want to eject.

can't wait for the news article for the world's first plane crash due to trolls

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Angela Christine posted:

gonna be spooky when a passenger's limb washes up on some beach in indonesia a decade from now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

smoobles posted:

who cares. life is short. we exist upon the warm field of grass that is existance but for a short moment. make terms. live your life.

its gone.

guys

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Dude, you need to write a book. The Dao of Chinatown.

The meaning of life is literally that it's gone, guys.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ratjaculation posted:

airplane food is bad the first time, let alone post lobster digestion

Thats why its being served at Red Lobster.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

smoobles posted:

that plane had like a ton of mangos on it so maybe they're growing and living off the mangos.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Thats why its being served at Red Lobster.

im unfamiliar with the establishment, is it like wetherspoons?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ratjaculation posted:

im unfamiliar with the establishment, is it like wetherspoons?

its the olive garden of seafood.

Well its better than olive garden, but its not top class seafood.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Red Lobster down the street from John Wayne Gacy's house has good workers

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Update:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/plane-wreckage-found-thailand-fuels-talk-missing-malaysian-174823708.html

"Villagers found the wreckage, measuring about 2 meters wide and 3 meters long (6.6 by 9.8 feet)."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Ratjaculation posted:

wasnt there a fire on a taxiing plane last year, and half the passengers took the time to grab their overhead luggage before evacuating

Yes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/09/10/its-crazy-to-flee-a-burning-airplane-with-your-luggage-heres-why/

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34191035

They also did it in the Asiana crash in SF where the plane FLIPPED IN THE AIR upon crashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVaQYhd_Qy0&t=206s

Thi is what the plane looked like inside FYI

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
lol. im sure whatever was it their bags are of value when they're all dead.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
If I'm in an international plane crash, I am sure as hell going to bring all my duty free booze with me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

MH370 search setback as equipment lost after hitting Indian Ocean mud volcano

Updated 55 minutes ago
The Fugro Discovery's sonar vehicle towfish
Photo: The towfish hit a mud volcano in the Indian Ocean.
Map: Fremantle 6160

A key piece of equipment involved in the search for missing Malaysian Airlines jet MH370 has been lost after it crashed into an underwater mud volcano in the Indian Ocean.

The Fugro Discovery's sonar vehicle towfish hit the ocean formation while searching the ocean floor yesterday, forcing its tow cable to break.

"The towfish collided with a mud volcano, which rises 2,200 metres from the seafloor, resulting in the vehicle's tow cable breaking," the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) said in a statement.

"The towfish and 4,500 metres of cable became separated from the vessel and are now resting on the sea floor."

Crews are hoping to recover the vehicle at a later date.

The ship is heading back to Fremantle and its spare towfish vehicle will be prepared for future search activities.

The Australian-led underwater search, the most expensive ever conducted, has so far found no trace of the plane, which went missing with 239 passengers and crew during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-25/setback-in-mh370-search-as-equipment-lost-on-ocean-floor/7111798

Chinatown do you think they will be able to find their sonar vehicle?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

For now I think their sonar vehicle is gone. The official search ends in a few days too doesn't it?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Microwaves Mom posted:

For now I think their sonar vehicle is gone.

They just need to build a bigger sonar vehicle to find it

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
A mud volcano sounds awesome

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A mud volcano is what happens after you eat bad Mexican food

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Kurtofan posted:

A mud volcano is what happens after you eat bad Mexican food

Or what you call the ganges.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

Or what you call the ganges.

Did anyone check the Ganges for the missing plane?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ChrisHansen posted:

Did anyone check the Ganges for the missing plane?

It's not there. Nor are the river dolphins.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Just remembered this flight, did they find it yet? Is everyone okay now?

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 11, 2016

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Stars War posted:

I'm struggling to figure out why this plane "needs" to be found at all. Like the good man has been saying, it's loving g-o-n-e.

A gazillion dollars dumped into a snipe hunt instead of malaria research or whatev just so we can say, "Ohhhhh, wow -- we thought it crashed there, but it really crashed over here. Our bad, LMAO!"

Will putting a big red X somewhere on a map of the Indian Ocean somehow make things any better for anyone? You're still gonna wake up in this hellscape of a world the next day and life will go on.

If they find the black box they can find out what happened and make sure other planes don't become gone too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Stars War posted:

I'm struggling to figure out why this plane "needs" to be found at all. Like the good man has been saying, it's loving g-o-n-e.

A gazillion dollars dumped into a snipe hunt instead of malaria research or whatev just so we can say, "Ohhhhh, wow -- we thought it crashed there, but it really crashed over here. Our bad, LMAO!"

Will putting a big red X somewhere on a map of the Indian Ocean somehow make things any better for anyone? You're still gonna wake up in this hellscape of a world the next day and life will go on.

Malaysia is running out of planes, so they could do with getting one back.

• Locked thread