Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Epic High Five posted:

Trump said ... Muslims should all wear patches announcing their faith.

I don't remember this and I've been following Trump pretty closely, are you 100% sure?

Edit: I looked it up and he didn't say he supported this, but did say that he "wouldn't rule it out." Which is probably just pandering, but still pretty bad, and reminds me of why his chances in the general are so low.

Jewel Repetition fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i believe he called for a big muslim database

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Voyager I posted:

Question for the apparently unironic Trump supporters who have recently appeared; are you recent converts, or have you been quietly supporting him for some time before choosing to make your loyalties public? If the former, what was it that brought you over to his side, and if the latter, what was it that made you decide to come out with your support?

I guess you can go ahead and answer this one too, Boosted.

I've opposed the idea of uncurtailed immigration for most of my life, both from culturally backwards Islamic countries and from poorer countries that simply provide an easily exploitable cheap labour force for the rich to drive down the wages and conditions of legal workers. I also don't see anything inherently wrong with nationalism in and of itself so long as it doesn't cross over into jingoistic expansionism - And Trump was against the Iraq war.

I also want a social democracy as laid out by Bernie Sanders.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

Question for the apparently unironic Trump supporters who have recently appeared; are you recent converts, or have you been quietly supporting him for some time before choosing to make your loyalties public? If the former, what was it that brought you over to his side, and if the latter, what was it that made you decide to come out with your support?

I guess you can go ahead and answer this one too, Boosted.

Trump support was a gimmick but somewhere along the way I decided I was actually going to vote for this beautiful madman.

Serious for a moment: I think Trump is completely full of poo poo on a lot of his "conservative" positions and that other candidates would be FAR more likely to actually reduce MY family's income tax burden, aggressively combat unconstitutional state and local laws that violate the second amendment, reduce federal spending and return us to the GOP fiscal restraint of the 1990s, etc. I also, however, think he is 100% genuine when it comes to his economic nationalism and despite the tired stereotype of Republicans not caring about others I actually really loving care a lot about my fellow American and am willing to eschew candidates more likely to personally benefit me financially or strongly crusade for my pet constitutional issue in favor of helping my fellow man get out from under the boot of the Bushes, the Clintons, the GOP, the DNC, Wall-Street, and all of the free-traders and open borders globailists who are destroying them. I actually do care about the black Americans in inner cities missing out on jobs at places like linen services for example where most of the jobs are going to people from places like Guatemala. I actually do care about tech dweebs on the left coast who train their replacements and then have their lives torn apart economically. I actually do care about people in my part of the country who are less fortunate than me.

Donald Trump is an rear end-hole of the highest order and absolutely a phony when it comes to his conservative turn. But I am convinced he's genuine when it comes to saving this country and saving the American worker from screwing they've been getting for a LONG, LONG time.

We can focus on getting a budget slashing, bill of rights crusading, conservative champion for POTUS AFTER Trump if he wins.

But there's no point in fighting for conservative principles if they're going to be instituted in a country that has become a festering 3rd world poo poo-hole.

Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush are more of the same poo poo. Bernie Sanders is a joke who would just put the decline on fast forward by taxing the poo poo out of the middle class directly, and indirectly via insane deficits.

There's only one serious candidate when it comes to serving the AMERICAN people, and ironically enough it's the least serious guy in the race overall.

I don't think I'm "stooping" down like some of the conservative wonks on TV and at the National Review think it would be to support Trump. I don't look down on the people whose interests he will serve, I love them and understand that my life would be poo poo without all the hard work they do. Or sadly USED to do in all to many cases.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

He said "generally." You even quoted it.

hes just one of those retards who gets 'offended' whenever possible about some dumb bullshit

hes wearing political correctness like a suicide vest

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
And of course I would be remiss if I left out the fact that, YES, on some primal level, I really do find great satisfaction in seeing Trump poo poo all over the corrupt political class slime like Bush and Clinton, seeing him piss of the annoying cry-baby politically correct SJWs, seeing him run circles around the morally bankrupt media, and seeing him laugh in their faces and flash his poo poo-eating grin at them when they impotently try to take him down.

It's an immature emotional response, but I'm only human. gently caress all of these rear end-holes they deserve every ounce of poo poo Trump force feeds them.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

wait are you actually mad that someone said "don't make broad stereotypes about a racial/religious group, even if they're positive"?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Palin is pretty good at trolling.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
FREEP DRAMA!

So Jim Rob the owner/operator of Free Republic has been banning the more militant and annoying members of team Cruz for constant poo poo posting and trolling. These people are now upset with Jim Rob and are trying to start their own Free Republic free of Trump posters...

https://consistentconservatives.wordpress.com/2016/01/22/regrouping/#comments

The consistent conservatives! Finally a safespace for internet tough guys to post about Ted Cruz!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Montasque posted:

FREEP DRAMA!

So Jim Rob the owner/operator of Free Republic has been banning the more militant and annoying members of team Cruz for constant poo poo posting and trolling. These people are now upset with Jim Rob and are trying to start their own Free Republic free of Trump posters...

https://consistentconservatives.wordpress.com/2016/01/22/regrouping/#comments

The consistent conservatives! Finally a safespace for internet tough guys to post about Ted Cruz!

How will they ever find a forums software that's better than FR's?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zelder posted:

wait are you actually mad that someone said "don't make broad stereotypes about a racial/religious group, even if they're positive"?

I don't frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn't have time either.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Baloogan posted:

I don't frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn't have time either.

okay but surely you realize the irony of calling him out about getting offended by every little thing, right?

it's a dam ouroboros of getting offended, my friend!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Baloogan posted:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Boosted_C5 posted:

Bernie Sanders is a joke who would just put the decline on fast forward by taxing the poo poo out of the middle class directly, and indirectly via insane deficits.

If you include the money single payer would save on premiums, his plan is equivalent to one of the biggest middle class tax cuts in history. Just saying.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
I'm trying to imagine the thing he is doing where political correctness is the time limiting factor

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I don't support trump but I will defend him against stupid attacks or at least find the truth in what he does. I will probably go to the texas caucus and vote for him, but mainly as an event to go drinking, shooting, and caucusing with my brother in law. I would not vote for him in the general and would probably not vote at all if it was between trump and hillary.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jewel Repetition posted:

If you include the money single payer would save on premiums, his plan is equivalent to one of the biggest middle class tax cuts in history. Just saying.

Except single payer sucks and every doctor I talk with hates it 100%

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Third World Reggin posted:

I don't support trump but I will defend him against stupid attacks or at least find the truth in what he does. I will probably go to the texas caucus and vote for him, but mainly as an event to go drinking, shooting, and caucusing with my brother in law. I would not vote for him in the general and would probably not vote at all if it was between trump and hillary.

cool

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

The Hitler and Nazi crap is getting old.
I agree with you, Boosted.

As you can easily on this chart, there are several key differences between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler:

Moreover, you will notice that Trump is ahead of Hitler in all categories (except for the number of Polands invaded).
I hope this will put an end to these silly comparisons.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

I don't remember this and I've been following Trump pretty closely, are you 100% sure?

Edit: I looked it up and he didn't say he supported this, but did say that he "wouldn't rule it out." Which is probably just pandering, but still pretty bad, and reminds me of why his chances in the general are so low.

Yeah you beat me to it. It was supposed to be a softball "what? no I wouldn't support that" but he said he wouldn't rule it out. Instead he was full-bore behind a tracking database (which I'd argue is pretty much the same thing considering how likely something like that is to "leak" or "get hacked" but that's speculation) and cautiously in favor of people walking around with MUSLIM patches

He also refused to rule out having reporters executed

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hammy posted:

I'm trying to imagine the thing he is doing where political correctness is the time limiting factor

"oh hey john, sorry we missed your party. You know, me and barb were all ready to go, about to get out the door, but *hangs head sheepishly* this darn political correctness, you know? i'm sure you understand."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vile posted:

Except single payer sucks and every doctor I talk with hates it 100%

Well every doctor I talk with loves it. Your move.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jewel Repetition posted:

Well every doctor I talk with loves it. Your move.

Did you work in the healthcare sector and talk with hundreds of doctors for years?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah you beat me to it. It was supposed to be a softball "what? no I wouldn't support that" but he said he wouldn't rule it out. Instead he was full-bore behind a tracking database (which I'd argue is pretty much the same thing considering how likely something like that is to "leak" or "get hacked" but that's speculation) and cautiously in favor of people walking around with MUSLIM patches

He also refused to rule out having reporters executed

To be fair to trump there is a 10000000% chance that the NSA has a database of people's religion.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The AMA is pretty much the NRA in that they cannot be ignored, but it's pretty easy to want to.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i cannot understand the people that supprot both trump and sanders, seems like such contradictory and idiotic beliefs

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

babypolis posted:

i cannot understand the people that supprot both trump and sanders, seems like such contradictory and idiotic beliefs

anger at the system + vague understanding of politics + blinding, lily white skin

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

babypolis posted:

Because both are against the illuminati man... like open your eyes man... globalism...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

babypolis posted:

"im white and confused about things happening around me"

The same logic that led teens to read Divergent, where being unsure of what you wanted to do with your life was an awe-inspiring superpower.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Cnut the Great posted:

FYI, statements like "Sikhs are generally very chill and friendly" strikes me as being kind of weirdly patronizing, a bit like when people go around saying "Asians are generally very good at math."

I'm pretty sure every Sikh is an individual with varying levels of chillness and assholery, just like every other group of human beings on this planet. I mean, it's good that you're trying to push back against unfair negative stereotypes that have developed around them, but maybe you could try doing it by pointing out that they're just normal people?

Saying groups of people who have a strong connection not just racially but by a value system have any discernable more likely traits is "weirdly patronizing"

Everyone is a normal person guys, saying people who worship Satan are more prone to be sociopathic white losers in high school is by this logic UNFAIR STEREOTYPING

Believers in the free market grew up richer usually? Weirdly patronizing!

First generation Japanese immigrants are generally quieter in public than longtime average Americans? RACIST AND WRONG

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 25, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
part of it may be that the left and right rarely have people who believe 100% of their partys platform and there may be some overlap between trump and sanders like old white guy. I need a venn diagram

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yes the graphs are back the thread is good again

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

well they're both loud, outspoken, and they have truly awful hair - you may be onto something here

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

NotJesus posted:

I agree with you, Boosted.

As you can easily on this chart, there are several key differences between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler:

Moreover, you will notice that Trump is ahead of Hitler in all categories (except for the number of Polands invaded).
I hope this will put an end to these silly comparisons.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Cnut the Great posted:

"Asians are generally very good at math."

Behold the evil nazi graph agenda of the disgusting DALLAS MORNING NEWS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

babypolis posted:

Well, they're similar on trade. But I for one only support Trump for the nomination, not the presidency.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

Behold the evil nazi graph agenda of the disgusting DALLAS MORNING NEWS

i feel like we're two terrifying posts away from you busting out black iq stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Zelder posted:

i feel like i'm two terrifying posts away from you busting out black iq stats

See that'd be an issue with the test because IQ should account for socioeconomic disadvantages, no?

This isn't genetics. Doesn't mean asian Americans at this point in time are not objectively better at math, on average.

• Locked thread