Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i remember playing this game and it was pretty dang good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipline
May 9, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Also while it's not grindy in the conventional sense, I wasn't working or at uni those 2 months and even playing the poo poo out of it I still felt behind the curve. I'm not sure I'd have the time for it anymore.

So it's like in AoW where you have to keep up with the power curve to do well at all? I don't want to get into a situation where I start 3 months late and have no chance.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Yeah probably a little. Granted, we could have just been doing something wrong because we were working off hearsay and poor automatic translation. I had a lot of fun even with scrub tier stats though, the game has a lot to do. But there's like 10 different things you have to keep up on if you want to compete stat-wise, and even playing actively I never felt like I had enough resources to do that.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Zipline posted:

So it's like in AoW where you have to keep up with the power curve to do well at all? I don't want to get into a situation where I start 3 months late and have no chance.

I don't remember this being the case in AoW, though? When the cap was Spiritually Balanced, at least...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I kept up with the curve just to kill pay2wins (and didn't pull a feedz and dump college loans into a chinaman game)

It sucked.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So how viable is it to make one of those guys that puke alcohol on people these days? Or do all these cash shop sets make that pointless? I really liked the story of the roving ball of drunk guys causing a riot.

Zipline
May 9, 2013

TheRagamuffin posted:

I don't remember this being the case in AoW, though? When the cap was Spiritually Balanced, at least...

It was pretty pronounced at the very top tiers that a lot of goons played at. I didn't feel it as strongly because I never had the reaction time for real PvP, but a friend of mine started up when we were already Spiritually Balanced and struggled for a while. Eventually he rerolled as Wudang and used their OP internal combined with the Tangmen dart set to rout people conning red and purple to him. It's possible but requires specific builds and crazy skill, in other words.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Zipline posted:

It was pretty pronounced at the very top tiers that a lot of goons played at. I didn't feel it as strongly because I never had the reaction time for real PvP, but a friend of mine started up when we were already Spiritually Balanced and struggled for a while. Eventually he rerolled as Wudang and used their OP internal combined with the Tangmen dart set to rout people conning red and purple to him. It's possible but requires specific builds and crazy skill, in other words.

And then they released Iron Headbutt, and made darts a joke.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

-Troika- posted:

So how viable is it to make one of those guys that puke alcohol on people these days? Or do all these cash shop sets make that pointless? I really liked the story of the roving ball of drunk guys causing a riot.

Most people made scripts to chug alcohol about the time drunken boxing came out so they have stupid high tolerance

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Haquer posted:

I kept up with the curve just to kill pay2wins (and didn't pull a feedz and dump college loans into a chinaman game)

It sucked.

To be fair your ping was also awful.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

To be fair your ping was also awful.

My ping was 50ms until they started downgrading servers :(

About the time you quit I was at nearly 120 until I got battleping which kept me around 80 which let me go back to nuking most pay2wins :unsmigghh:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I averaged 300 ping in moonlight blade and it was still playable. That was probably the most surprising bit.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ewn32hs1IE

Memories.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Can someone confirm the instructions to install that chinagame in the OP still works?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can confirm it worked when I wrote it

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

How is this thread still alive?! :psyboom:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Skylight posted:

How is this thread still alive?! :psyboom:

Hope springs eternal that the chinagame shall rise again and lead us all to the promised land of pubbie tears and goonunism.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

TheRagamuffin posted:

Hope springs eternal that the chinagame shall rise again and lead us all to the promised land of pubbie tears and goonunism.

Yeah, that sounds about right now that you mention it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this thread has been less of age of wushu and more of a chinagame.exe general chat thread

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

It's like the COH thread except our game is still alive.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
It's still alive in the same way a vegetable with third degree burns is alive.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Liberatore posted:

It's still alive in the same way a vegetable with third degree burns is alive.
Do people still play this poo poo in Chinatown?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Maybe. Maybe some bored triad guys are playing it and throwing their money at it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hy_C posted:

It's like the COH thread except our game is still alive.

It being dead would be a better outcome I think.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I'd say the same about the vegetable

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If someone had a private server with just the first internal I'd play. Also working guild halls, gently caress Snail USA for leaving most of the buildings broken for months.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm playing the mobile AoW game, it's just as confusing as the chinagame we all knew and loved, but it's missing some of the charm of the Not Speaking Up Toaists and Judging Buttflys. I did see a pulsating red lantern and have a horrible flashback but I wasn't sure how to do anything about it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm hoping the success of Blade & Soul makes Tencent host that loving NA publisher roadshow event they were talking about back in 2014.

That's assuming they didn't sign with Nexon in the West too.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Age of Wulin still going healthy. New world expansion was delayed to February (Jan was the original target) but the VIP team sales numbers still above 300 week after week.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC-PXLS4BQ4

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

aleksendr posted:

Age of Wulin still going healthy. New world expansion was delayed to February (Jan was the original target) but the VIP team sales numbers still above 300 week after week.

Wow and I've been making fun of Eve Online only having daily peaks of 31,000 players

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

If it didn't take like 8 months of playing constantly to get skills and level and poo poo then playing age of wulin might be ok.

Christopher
May 29, 2006

angerbeet posted:

I'm playing the mobile AoW game, it's just as confusing as the chinagame we all knew and loved, but it's missing some of the charm of the Not Speaking Up Toaists and Judging Buttflys. I did see a pulsating red lantern and have a horrible flashback but I wasn't sure how to do anything about it.

There's a goontang clan that i joined. Is that not us?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Christopher posted:

There's a goontang clan that i joined. Is that not us?

there's no effort to group play the game as far as I know

it's probably some salty as gently caress person, like the Huatah that literally stole my wushu in-game name on the SEA servers to spam world messages to join their guild

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't know, I haven't figured out how to join a clan yet, or indeed how to buy a different weapon as I randomly got Yangyang blade... somehow?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

what did you do to your anime avatar

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't know someone bought me an anime

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
c-can I be an anime?

an anime princess like that weird rper dude I don't even remember his name it's been too long

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

HEY GUYS REMEMBER DRAGONS PROPHET?

NO?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mosLyAdDyg

Nexon is bringing another koreagame.exe to the us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF_GQL5CbHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oIaTcG7yV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQSPiqD-YF4

beta sign up just opened

I don't care about this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Boy I can really respect the desperate attempt at trying to make the blandest thing seem interesting.