Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

and brock vs.... wyatts?

Sign. When is the next NXT PPV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My 2015 wrestler of the year was prolly Prince Puma

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I actually would of been fine whether Ambrose Reigns or HHH won that but the way it happened was so lackluster regardless. Plus I dont know if it's the crowd or stadium or what but the ATmosphere was some serious fail in this show, though maybe it's just because most of the performances were fail and too long and boring.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

My quick thoughts after HHH won the rumble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gB3pD3UYf0&t=2h9s

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Match of the Year 2014 v. Minoru Suzuki
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gbl6q_aj-styles-vs-minoru-suzuki-01-08-14_sport

v. Shinsuke Nakamura 2016
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ky0fe_aj-styles-vs-nakamura-shinsuke-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-10_sport

Match of the Year 2005 v. Christopher Daniels v. Samoa Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U28pyOAMXcI

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

yea ok posted:

My quick thoughts after HHH won the rumble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gB3pD3UYf0&t=2h9s

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They were good during the first two matches and the first half of the rumble but they clearly went dead once Lesnar was eliminated and got bored when reigns came back. You could even see people filing out like it was a home game and their team was up by 2 and they figured now would be a good time before the parking lot got too full.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

yea ok posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yea ok posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Owens and Ambrose are essentially the same character and the match was waaaay too long that it ended up being forgettable even though it's supposed to be why them being in the Rumble is so dramatic, Charlotte and Becky was just meh and standard boring Divas with Ric Flair not even able to do his gimmick anymore, due to age and alcoholism, New Day and Usos stopped being cool after Big E dropped the mic, I sort of liked Del Rio and Kalisto though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't remember the last time I saw a WWE match that I didn't think was too long

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Owens and Ambrose are essentially the same character and the match was waaaay too long that it ended up being forgettable even though it's supposed to be why them being in the Rumble is so dramatic, Charlotte and Becky was just meh and standard boring Divas with Ric Flair not even able to do his gimmick anymore, due to age and alcoholism, New Day and Usos stopped being cool after Big E dropped the mic, I sort of liked Del Rio and Kalisto though.

what do you mean ric flair kissed the lady and went WOO in her face. i dont think ric flair said a single thing except woo the entire time he was out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NXT matches are like the perfect length and pace most of the time other than now they let baron corbin go longer than 30 seconds, I find. The last man standing was like proof positive of the stuff people say about how ridiculous it will start having to be since kevin owens had to be dropped through a literal tower of tables to finally die. The stupidest thing was probably Flair murdering Becky Lynch with his stinky suit jacket.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah NXT is great, I meant main roster with that statement.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

what do you mean ric flair kissed the lady and went WOO in her face. i dont think ric flair said a single thing except woo the entire time he was out

Yeah but he does the woo like he has a pull cord in his rear end and his selling looked like crap. He looks like a clumsy old fat man and he sounds like my dad's impression of his Woo.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

Yeah but he does the woo like he has a pull cord in his rear end and his selling looked like crap. He looks like a clumsy old fat man and he sounds like my dad's impression of his Woo.

Even the greatest can only defy father time for so long...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And the jacket was so bad that IIRC they didn't even show a replay of it even after Cole said they were queuing it up.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

And the jacket was so bad that IIRC they didn't even show a replay of it even after Cole said they were queuing it up.

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

They just screamed I hate you at each other. Vicious...

I couldn't believe this part. lmfao. Like come on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

To anyone who was thinking back on the Last Man Standing match fondly remember the part where they yelled I hate you! each in turn like they were auditioning for the television adaptation of Nick Smith's Legend of the Ten Elemental Masters.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

To anyone who was thinking back on the Last Man Standing match fondly remember the part where they yelled I hate you! each in turn like they were auditioning for the television adaptation of Nick Smith's Legend of the Ten Elemental Masters.

Now I like it even more lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

KEVIN OWENS [growling]: I hate you!
DEAN AMBROSE [growling]: I hate you!
ME: :suspense:
DAD:
MOM: *collects coins in fruit ninja*

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

DAD:

Lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's so sad haha

jerichos like 90 years old and he came in at 6th

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

jerichos like 90 years old and he came in at 6th

Jericho does DDP Yoga.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me, biting into a Hot Pocket Pepperoni Pizza so hard the cheese burns my face and hands: :rant:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I did think it was epic when Roman Reigns comes out of the crowd(??) flying over the barricade like a house of flying daggers scene presumably, and punches Sheamus in the face.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wait did shamus enter the ring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They use the exact same shot during the uso match and it made me think the camera was probably annoying to set up so they wanted more spots there to make it worth it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

wait did shamus enter the ring

Yeah he had to help HHH beat up Reigns for a few minutes but I forgot who put him out, probably Ambrose.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

shamus eliminated wyatt also

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Wormskull posted:

DAD:

lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nasally nerd voice from the crowd: You've got a girlfriend, Kevin. You can do this.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That was worse than Roman reigns winning. A scenario so awful that I couldn't even fathom it happening lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Where to start in attitude era so I don't feel like I wasted 10 dollars in that shite.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's uh October or November 1997. That's where the good poo poo starts

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sigh...time to sift through 55 pages of Wormakull posts to find the exact date.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Where to start in attitude era so I don't feel like I wasted 10 dollars in that shite.

September 22 1997 episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol at him going from saying rey mysterious is the only wrestler he knows to making pages of posts full of wrestling jargon in a year.