Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Zelder posted:

anger at the system + vague understanding of politics + blinding, lily white skin

Yeah but no but yeah but actually I'm angry at the system and I understand politics pretty good and it's coincidence that I happen to have blinding lily white skin. Please don't microaggression me I have worth as an individual w feelings & thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Vile posted:

Except single payer sucks and every doctor I talk with hates it 100%

its objectively the best system by every single metric, also why would doctors know anything about the best method to organize the healthcare market

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
It's immoral and antihumanist not to be an accelerationist y'all. Hail Satan.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

crazy cloud posted:

Yeah but no but yeah but actually I'm angry at the system and I understand politics pretty good and it's coincidence that I happen to have blinding lily white skin. Please don't microaggression me I have worth as an individual w feelings & thoughts

im going to macroagression you into a locker you big ol nerd

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Zelder posted:

I am switching my support to jeb! now because he is the candidate who best understands my plight as a cyberbullying victim

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

i cannot understand the people that supprot both trump and sanders, seems like such contradictory and idiotic beliefs

Both support:

progressive drug law reform
single-payer healthcare
avoidance of foreign wars/entanglements
tariffs/protectionism
lower the tax burden on working and middle income households.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

babypolis posted:

its objectively the best system by every single metric, also why would doctors know anything about the best method to organize the healthcare market

It's not the best at the metric of funneling your money into a corporations pockets!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Both support:

progressive drug law reform
single-payer healthcare
avoidance of foreign wars/entanglements
tariffs/protectionism
lower the tax burden on working and middle income households.

ok you are objectively wrong on those first 3, and the last 2 are pretty questionable

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Trump doesn't support single payer as well as supporting it. Also his tax plan is horse poo poo.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

trump actually came out against single payer healthcare in his book I CRIPPLED AMERICA AND YOU'RE NEXT

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/03/politics/donald-trump-book-crippled-america-5-things/

CNN posted:

Still, Trump doesn't deny his past support for a single-payer health care system, simply explaining that "the world has changed; I've changed. I don't think a single-payer system makes sense anymore. If I did, I would say it."

But still, Trump insists the liberal take on health care is right for some countries: "It works incredibly well in Scotland, for example, and maybe it could have worked here at a different time. But not anymore."

edit: and trump is definitely about bombing the poo poo out of ISIS and taking their oil, that's like one of his 2 big campaign things.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

im pretty sure trump has basically said nothing about drugs and he certainly wont say anything during the republican primary, and he has shown himself to be hard on crime before so i have no idea where that came from. and he wants to destroy isis and gently caress up iran so the "avoiding foreign entaglement" doesnt make any sense

honestly you dont seem to actually know what trump stands for besides KICK THE ILLEGALS OUT

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

neither trump nor sanders are beholden to THE BILLIONAIRE CLASS and i hunger for a class war.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I'm not fully a non-ironic Trump supporter just yet but I'm coming around the idea more and more every day. Why? Because if Trump becomes president I believe he will be above all a disrupter.

Out of all the candidates, if they become president and have to deal with the lobbyists, the political money men, the power brokers, the banksters, the mainstream media - all of these greedy, corrupt, parasitic, interests who wield overwhelming and completely undue influence in our economy and our society, Donald Trump seems by far to be the one most likely to to tell them to go gently caress themselves and actually back up his threats with actions.

The fact that he is over 60 and a world famous multi-billionaire makes it hard to imagine anything substantial that any these people can really do for him. His status is such that he says he can't be bought off by special interests it is actually somewhat believable. The only thing he has left to achieve is a lasting legacy of being adored by the masses for Making America Great Again, and I think if given the chance he will at least attempt to take some of these fuckers down a notch if for no other reason that it'll feel great doing it, and he can write a book bragging about his war stories and body count.

I also don't believe for a second that he will actually try to build a border wall or track Muslims in a database. He is saying these these to pander to the republican base because if he talked about his actual positions he wouldn't be able to win the nomination of either party. If Trump gets the nom his pivot to the center will be the biggest pivot ever, and an actual centrist working to move the country forward and do something for the %99 is far more palatable to me than a life long corporatist elitist with nothing but lip service and platitudes for us but everything else for them.

Our politics are so broken and dysfunctional in this country that we need a major disruption, a serious shock to the system to have any hope dislodging the political and economic elites robbing us blind daily from their position of owning two branches of government and renting out the third. I had high hopes for Obama but in hindsight those were foolish and naive hopes in the first place. I'm on the verge of honestly supporting Trump because he seems to be in a better position than anyone else I've seen in my lifetime to actually start changing the system from within, simple as that.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If there was any platform there to support other than one that the person simply projects onto him I'd be a whole lot less frustrated with Trumpeters

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

breaklaw posted:

I'm not fully a non-ironic Trump supporter just yet but I'm coming around the idea more and more every day. Why? Because if Trump becomes president I believe he will be above all a disrupter.

Out of all the candidates, if they become president and have to deal with the lobbyists, the political money men, the power brokers, the banksters, the mainstream media - all of these greedy, corrupt, parasitic, interests who wield overwhelming and completely undue influence in our economy and our society, Donald Trump seems by far to be the one most likely to to tell them to go gently caress themselves and actually back up his threats with actions.

The fact that he is over 60 and a world famous multi-billionaire makes it hard to imagine anything substantial that any these people can really do for him. His status is such that he says he can't be bought off by special interests it is actually somewhat believable. The only thing he has left to achieve is a lasting legacy of being adored by the masses for Making America Great Again, and I think if given the chance he will at least attempt to take some of these fuckers down a notch if for no other reason that it'll feel great doing it, and he can write a book bragging about his war stories and body count.

I also don't believe for a second that he will actually try to build a border wall or track Muslims in a database. He is saying these these to pander to the republican base because if he talked about his actual positions he wouldn't be able to win the nomination of either party. If Trump gets the nom his pivot to the center will be the biggest pivot ever, and an actual centrist working to move the country forward and do something for the %99 is far more palatable to me than a life long corporatist elitist with nothing but lip service and platitudes for us but everything else for them.

Our politics are so broken and dysfunctional in this country that we need a major disruption, a serious shock to the system to have any hope dislodging the political and economic elites robbing us blind daily from their position of owning two branches of government and renting out the third. I had high hopes for Obama but in hindsight those were foolish and naive hopes in the first place. I'm on the verge of honestly supporting Trump because he seems to be in a better position than anyone else I've seen in my lifetime to actually start changing the system from within, simple as that.

trump will be every bit as greedy and corrupt as any of them

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah Trump will basically be President Cheney

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

ok you are objectively wrong on those first 3, and the last 2 are pretty questionable

Pretty sure I've heard exact quotes from Trump supporting

Legalization of drugs as the only way to win the drug war
Single Payer Healthcare
Replacing Obamacare with "something better that gets value for money" ie single payer
Opposed war with Iraq

And let's not forget he Literally predicted 9/11

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, Trump already has money!! No one with money ever wants more of it. QED motherfuckers

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Pick posted:

Yeah, Trump already has money!! No one with money ever wants more of it. QED motherfuckers

People actually think this.

It's me, I am those people.

... Trump supporters want someone to shake the pillars of heaven and watch it all crumble. That's what really drives this whole thing.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

breaklaw posted:

lmao if you project any harder you could probably get a job at a movie theater

The Saurus posted:

Single Payer Healthcare
Replacing Obamacare with "something better that gets value for money" ie single payer
Opposed war with Iraq

I'm doing research! the legalization of drugs thing is something he said in 2011, it's unknown what is current stance is on things. link: http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Donald_Trump_Drugs.htm and http://www.ontheissues.org/Drugs.htm

he does not support single payer healthcare. he did oppose the war on iraq

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Single Payer Healthcare
Opposed war with Iraq

lol he sure as gently caress doesnt support legalization

and he already walked back on single payer

maybe you should actually pay attention to what he says

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Isn't it about time the USA had a truly awful president, though? I mean we've had plenty of this everyday "just evil enough to split the historians' opinion" stuff. We need someone who's an honest-to-god insane megalomaniac. The USA needs its own Idi Amin or Saparmurat Niyazov.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Pick posted:

Except he's not taking large corporate donations, the same as Bernie. He didn't need to refuse to take the donations, it was his idea in the first place.

Trump is a rich person who is just sane enough to understand money is a means to an end, not the be-all and end-all of existence.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
easy solution to stop corruption in congress, make them all so rich they don't want more money

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

... Trump supporters want someone to shake the pillars of heaven and watch it all crumble. That's what really drives this whole thing.

Trump supporters are bored white people who think they have it hard and can be convinced to buy a sponge on the teevee if the man says it's really good, a better sponge than you are probably familiar with

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The Saurus posted:

Except he's not taking large corporate donations, the same as Bernie. He didn't need to refuse to take the donations, it was his idea in the first place.

Trump is a rich person who is just sane enough to understand money is a means to an end, not the be-all and end-all of existence.

I'm not sure his run isn't merely a scheme to get rid of the estate tax

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zelder posted:

Would a micro-swirlie be a really quick swirlie or a full length one using a smaller portion of the hair?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
ugh politician x supporters are so STUPID why cant they think like ME

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

easy solution to stop corruption in congress, make them all so rich they don't want more money

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Saurus posted:

It's key to his entire image of not being beholden! They can't donate enough to offset the "value" of him not taking it, it's still money.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump isn't beholden to the billionaire class because he IS the billionaire class

He would absolutely be the first person against the wall in a commie revolution. He's like Iron Man except doesn't do any good and all of the turbo capitalist bad stuff is even worse somehow

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

expand selective service to include women, draw a new congress from that pool by lottery every year, same penalties for evading service

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
eh I don't think the bern/trump comparisons are insane, both have economic platforms/rhetoric around protecting american labor. Trump has 45% tariffs on china, opposition to the TPP, taxes/penalties on companies that use inversions, opposition to illegal immigrants, remove taxes for onshoring cash to encourage domestic mfg investment, etc. Bern has high minimum wages, opposition to the TPP, higher/more progressive taxes, more social safety nets, limits on H1Bs, free college education, etc. Same protectionist rhetoric, same working class anger - different means to accomplish it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I, too, feel that the devastation of my nation's infrastructure and institutions is totally worth it if it means people on the TV who annoy me are, maybe, sort of humiliated, possibly, at some future point in time. Indeed, my anticipation of this outcome is more important than not drinking piss from a water fountain or being paid a half-passable wage.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

ugh politician x supporters are so STUPID why cant they think like ME

i think it's fair to bust someone's chops for supporting a candidate based on a policy that they don't actually support

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

breaklaw posted:

Should've supported Lessig while he was still in the running.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Would a micro-swirlie be a really quick swirlie or a full length one using a smaller portion of the hair?

it's a regular swirlie applied with a quarter-scale model toilet

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Trump 2016:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

breaklaw posted:

finally we can elect uber president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Nessus posted:

I, too, feel that the devastation of my nation's infrastructure and institutions is totally worth it if it means people on the TV who annoy me are, maybe, sort of humiliated, possibly, at some future point in time. Indeed, my anticipation of this outcome is more important than not drinking piss from a water fountain or being paid a half-passable wage.

wethespiteful.txt

• Locked thread