Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Speaking as someone who managed to make it to the end of janky RPG masterpieces like Gothic 4 and Two Worlds 2, I kind of want to play it. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God I love the no song track FNF intro from that one time someone hosed up. It's so unnerving.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When's Metall Slug 2

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dear Matt,

Are you (or any zaibatsu) aware that the Japanese subs sound much, much better than English in FFX?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_rDnIKyX0g

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think they're probably fine Grouchio.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pleas stop fueling the worst version of Woolie

like half the reason why FFX LP is funny is because of the english mocking

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rodyle posted:

I think they're probably fine Grouchio.
TBF, I was a Spoony hardliner with FFX before I started watching this LP. They made it fun.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Dear Matt,

Are you (or any zaibatsu) aware that the Japanese subs sound much, much better than English in FFX?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_rDnIKyX0g

That's why they're worse.

Also the laughing scene is WAY worse on JP, if such a feat is possible.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's supposed to be bad!!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Yes! And people are shocked that there's another version that's even more bad than the one they're used to!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I was making fun of how that's what people say every time that scene was mentioned, thanks

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blockhouse posted:

wow this scene where two characters are very obviously forcing fake laughter has really bad acting, wtf were they doing in the booth cmon square...............

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Blockhouse posted:

I was making fun of how that's what people say every time that scene was mentioned, thanks

It is tho

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yardbomb posted:

It is tho

oh it totally is but it comes up every single time

the people who know know and the people who don't know don't care

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's not a good scene no matter how often you say forced laughter

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's actually great and one of the better "Yuna and Tidus are two dumb teens trying to flirt with one another" scenes especially all the rest of the cast's reaction.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's supposed to be bad, but Titus sounds like a crow and I think that adds another layer of deserved mockability.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JP FFX is bad, especially since it doesn't have the Macarena joke

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Did I miss an episode of Metal Wolf or something? What is Jody talking about when she's like "Mr President! Why did you come to save us ... After we betrayed you?"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Been going through some older best friends LPs I missed, have to say the I have no Mouth and Must Scream LP was pretty solid given how much best friends can really bumble around and not give some games room to breath. I had seen the game before but it was long enough that I didnt remember most of the poo poo, but Pat was pretty decent job calling a few things. (The best being the "yellow is for dicks" save file that made Woolie nearly lose his poo poo)

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Roach Warehouse posted:

Did I miss an episode of Metal Wolf or something? What is Jody talking about when she's like "Mr President! Why did you come to save us ... After we betrayed you?"
Nope, you missed nothing. Sense is something this game does not make much of.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So did anyone watch the Royal Rumble, cause Rick Flair pulled a really weird move and I dunno why but all the Rick Flair is a mummy jokes came back rushing to me in a bad way.
Also Roman Reigns hate is universal.

Oxyclean posted:

Been going through some older best friends LPs I missed, have to say the I have no Mouth and Must Scream LP was pretty solid given how much best friends can really bumble around and not give some games room to breath. I had seen the game before but it was long enough that I didnt remember most of the poo poo, but Pat was pretty decent job calling a few things. (The best being the "yellow is for dicks" save file that made Woolie nearly lose his poo poo)
I think it was "yellow is boners" which was even funnier.

EDIT: Holy crap

HGH fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 25, 2016

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Oxyclean posted:

Plague did a good LP of this game too. None of the "stand around and speculate lore" stuff from his Dark Souls videos and he's better with puzzle games than Pat.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

HGH posted:

EDIT: Holy crap

:eyepop: That is incredible. What was the context?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's just the Afro Samurai 2 objectives someone pasted onto a loading screen, found it in a comments section for a WWE 2k16 Royal Rumble video.

HGH fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 25, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mighty number 9 is delayed to spring

Lmfao

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Lmfao

The indie market needed its Last Guardian.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean

if you wanna get real dark benoit probably thought he was saving his family

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Tae posted:

Lmfao

The game honestly looks like it will probably be alright based on recent trailers, but because of all the poo poo that's happened with it I'm kind of glad I had second thoughts and pulled my pledge out a few days before it got funded.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
MN9 looks like garbage and Inafune is a hack who has somehow convinced people he's a Miyamoto-level genius mastermind

Meanwhile the actual father of Mega Man is languishing in obscurity somewhere

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

MN9 looks like garbage and Inafune is a hack who has somehow convinced people he's a Miyamoto-level genius mastermind

Meanwhile the actual father of Mega Man is languishing in obscurity somewhere

he's waiting inside a capsule for the day our true savior will come

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mighty No. 9 is the reason I don't donate to kickstarters anymore. What a poo poo show. (Indivisible was an exception because those guys at Lab Zero had a studio fall from out from under them and still released Skullgirls DLC on time.)

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/691643472411959301

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The wording on that should make Matt happy :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

he's waiting inside a capsule for the day our true savior will come

But Lightning has already returned!!!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Dias posted:

our true savior will come

Rest in peace vice president richard hawk

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Depths posted:

Rest in peace vice president richard hawk

Not dead, rescued by Russians

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still disappointed Richard didn't do a face turn, because that would've been the best way to cap off metal wolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cmykjester posted:

Mighty No. 9 is the reason I don't donate to kickstarters anymore. What a poo poo show. (Indivisible was an exception because those guys at Lab Zero had a studio fall from out from under them and still released Skullgirls DLC on time.)
One bad experience means every other kickstarter isn't worth it ever? That's a real bummer of a mindset. I've backed dozens of kickstarters and this is the only one I've had issues with, though it will still come out and probably be fine.