Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Eddain posted:

Isn't Daka's heal based off her max HP? I try to keep my healers leveled up for that reason.
True yeah, but I treat Daka's heal as a stopgap for 'it's not lumis turn next and enemies will act in between', given how lumi tends to heal everyone to max especially as I now have the +duration on heal over time upgrade for her. Suppose you make sense, but the fact that the highest team I fight in GW is one 61 and it still throws 45s at me at the beginning, I think it pays off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Not really sure who I want to get with cantina shipments next. Poe seems like a gamble with an inevitable nerf coming soon, and you can't farm him quickly enough to take advantage of him. I'm thinking I might just sit on them.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Zotix posted:

Not really sure who I want to get with cantina shipments next. Poe seems like a gamble with an inevitable nerf coming soon, and you can't farm him quickly enough to take advantage of him. I'm thinking I might just sit on them.

I've heard that fives is supposed to be pretty good, but considering how slowly they accumulate holding them and waiting for new characters isn't a bad plan.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I recently starred up Daka to 7 myself, and haven't bought any Cantina Shipments since, except for a couple to finish up characters I already had nearly unlocked, for the Vader cheevos.

We're likely less than a month away from a likely Poe nerf along with the implementation of a shard market, so it's the worst possible time to start shard farming new characters.

Also, they might be giving us Galactic Civil War-era Palpatine in the new update:

He's the last boss of 7-G and 7-H. He's got an AOE offense up like poggle, and what I think is two different force lightning abilities. I think one stuns and does special damage, and the other is just his regular attack. Reason being, I stuck him with ability block, and he was able to use one kind of lightning, and then the next one did damage in blue numbers, and stunned my Chewie.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Fives value drops with a farmable seven star Dooku. I'm splitting mine too much right now. 6* Dakka. 6* Fives. 5* Poe. But I also do two refills a day from Kylo farming and soon Dooku.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mooktastical posted:

I recently starred up Daka to 7 myself, and haven't bought any Cantina Shipments since, except for a couple to finish up characters I already had nearly unlocked, for the Vader cheevos.

We're likely less than a month away from a likely Poe nerf along with the implementation of a shard market, so it's the worst possible time to start shard farming new characters.

Also, they might be giving us Galactic Civil War-era Palpatine in the new update:

He's the last boss of 7-G and 7-H. He's got an AOE offense up like poggle, and what I think is two different force lightning abilities. I think one stuns and does special damage, and the other is just his regular attack. Reason being, I stuck him with ability block, and he was able to use one kind of lightning, and then the next one did damage in blue numbers, and stunned my Chewie.

I'm surprised he doesn't come with a lightning AoE as well.
Likely new characters:
Emperor Palpy [Is already ingame]
Yoda
Lightsaber (JSB) Luke [Is already ingame]
Rey with lightsaber (and Finn? Probably not)
OT Chewie [Is already ingame]
OT Han?
B2 Super Battledroid [Is already ingame]
Commando Droid [Is already ingame, but not finished? The diplomat version seem to lack an attack SFX]

Less likely candidates:
Baton FO Stormtrooper / Flametrooper :retrogames:
Droideka
Clone Wars Obi-Wan?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

More KotoR would be welcome. Maybe someone from Rebels. More clones seem likely. If doing force awakens I can see Maz. Less likely Hux.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Hughlander posted:

More KotoR would be welcome. Maybe someone from Rebels. More clones seem likely. If doing force awakens I can see Maz. Less likely Hux.

I would spend the GDP of a small island nation to have Revan.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Pimpmust posted:

I'm surprised he doesn't come with a lightning AoE as well.
Likely new characters:
Emperor Palpy [Is already ingame]
Yoda
Lightsaber (JSB) Luke [Is already ingame]
Rey with lightsaber (and Finn? Probably not)
OT Chewie [Is already ingame]
OT Han?
B2 Super Battledroid [Is already ingame]
Commando Droid [Is already ingame, but not finished? The diplomat version seem to lack an attack SFX]

Less likely candidates:
Baton FO Stormtrooper / Flametrooper :retrogames:
Droideka
Clone Wars Obi-Wan?

You forgot the big forehead Jedi guy. And there's a major Nightsister person missing. And most importantly, JABBA

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mooktastical posted:

I'm planning to get Poe to 5*, regardless of an incoming nerf...he's just too good in arena right now, which has pushed me into the top 5 since I got him to 4*/G7.

From there, I'm going to work on Daka again, get her from 4 to 7, although it's hard not to save for upcoming heroes.

I just got R. Pilot to 5*, he's hitting super hard, but I'm putting GW tokens into Poggle now.

After I get a the rewards for tonight, I can get Sid to 7*...still short 500k, hoping I can round that out tomorrow, I don't think I'll level for another couple days.

As far as nerfs go, here are the heroes I see most likely to get hit by the bat: Poe, FOTP, and GS. I'm assuming they will fix Rey so that she no longer hits a billion times, so I guess that's also a nerf. If Leia wasn't a P2W champ only, I'd say they'd nerf her too.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Leia is one of the poorest P2W champs, but still P2W nonetheless.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

Leia is one of the poorest P2W champs, but still P2W nonetheless.

Combine her crit up with Poggle's power up, and you suddenly have a very dead team. Add in Poe, FOTP, and another heavy hitter, or Vader, Sid, and another AOE.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Combine her crit up with Poggle's power up, and you suddenly have a very dead team. Add in Poe, FOTP, and another heavy hitter, or Vader, Sid, and another AOE.

True but at least Leia is bad on D (she always stealths first), so once you fix her Crit bug she's good but not broken IMO

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

If they revamp Def/Penetration to actually matter balance can end up way different. At least I think I saw some sort of math thread showing how little def actually does (subtracts ~200 dmg per attack at best? Obviously pen does even less of a difference).

They'll not want fights to be all super slow battles of attrition with health/heal/tank focus but it should at least be possible to build a defensive team, where taunting tanks besides Poe are useful (and by extension, taunt-removers like Asajj). Maybe have high damage-high speed characters have bad Penetration on their own, so they do *way* less damage versus tanks? And make it so tanks generally go first... feels like they need to do something more with most tanks besides Poe to make it relevant to try to kill them besides the taunt (which would be pretty useless if the glass canons can just go first and kill everyone that's not a tank before there's a chance to taunt).
Besides that another idea is to push everyone's speed up by 50-75, so it's not such a massive difference between the 80 speed guys and the 140+ speed people after the "who goes first" coin flip (so less "this guy gets to go twice for each turn of yours" issues).

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hughlander posted:

I don't think they're going to do any Legacy / EU stuff, we're stuck with Episodes I-VII, Clone Wars, and Rebels. At least, I went through the leaked characters list and didn't recognize any (Ko)TOR names.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

kaschei posted:

I don't think they're going to do any Legacy / EU stuff, we're stuck with Episodes I-VII, Clone Wars, and Rebels. At least, I went through the leaked characters list and didn't recognize any (Ko)TOR names.

HK 47

E: Which is to say he's in right now.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Oh, good point! Maybe there is hope after all.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

kaschei posted:

Oh, good point! Maybe there is hope after all.

I think so. Obviously, the Post-GCW stuff all has to go because they're overwriting it all with the new movies. The Old Republic Era doesn't have that problem, so you'd think it's relatively safe.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
If anyone I'd adore seeing Kreia but I wonder if she'd be light or dark side. If anything they'd probably just go with Darth Traya though.

Anyways how the gently caress do you beat light side 4-L? I've tried a few times and even borrowed Old Ben but I just get my poo poo kicked in by their loving grenade spam.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Tracula posted:

If anyone I'd adore seeing Kreia but I wonder if she'd be light or dark side. If anything they'd probably just go with Darth Traya though.

Anyways how the gently caress do you beat light side 4-L? I've tried a few times and even borrowed Old Ben but I just get my poo poo kicked in by their loving grenade spam.

More healers, or wait until you have several more levels.

e: Also, Luke and Lumi are really good here for their stun and ability block. If you can stall a couple of the grenades by a turn, it'll make a huge difference. Lumi as team lead, plus her heal is really what's going to get you through it.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 25, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I love watching an enemy hero die and revive 2 loving times because of Daka's passive, and then Daka revives once. Mine never, ever goes off unless I do an auto battle. I swear to god some of these abilities don't work unless you use auto.

I just really dislike how RNG this game is.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 25, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
So far today's arena climb is looking good. I've gone from 22 -> 13 -> 5 (5 was 3k points easier than 4). Taking 13th was super sketchy though...Their poe and poggle went first, and then Rey hit Poe for 10k. I'm not quite sure how I recovered from that one...I think I had a couple lucky dodges.

e: 5 -> 2

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 25, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where is this version of Sidious from? The Clone Wars cartoon?

Also if you watch his feet during his animations, he has no legs.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Yeah, Clone Wars. The animation for his AOE is from the show too.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I'd rather they just boost a lot of unused characters rather than nerfing whoever is flavour of the month.

Poe aside, the reason why a lot of the characters like FOTP or Sid are used in almost every team is because there are so many tras characters that are completely useless and take up the same space as the valuable ones.

Pimpmust posted:

If they revamp Def/Penetration to actually matter balance can end up way different. At least I think I saw some sort of math thread showing how little def actually does (subtracts ~200 dmg per attack at best? Obviously pen does even less of a difference).

They'll not want fights to be all super slow battles of attrition with health/heal/tank focus but it should at least be possible to build a defensive team, where taunting tanks besides Poe are useful (and by extension, taunt-removers like Asajj). Maybe have high damage-high speed characters have bad Penetration on their own, so they do *way* less damage versus tanks? And make it so tanks generally go first... feels like they need to do something more with most tanks besides Poe to make it relevant to try to kill them besides the taunt (which would be pretty useless if the glass canons can just go first and kill everyone that's not a tank before there's a chance to taunt).
Besides that another idea is to push everyone's speed up by 50-75, so it's not such a massive difference between the 80 speed guys and the 140+ speed people after the "who goes first" coin flip (so less "this guy gets to go twice for each turn of yours" issues).

You've put way more thought into this game than they ever will.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I feel like they need a sliding scale for promoting characters. poo poo like Ewok only has 2 abilities yet why does he need as many shards as Sid who has 4 abilities? They should balance it out so it's really easy to max Ewok to make him somewhat viable earlier on.

I'd also like to see them increase the viability of tanks by tying speed to taunt duration. The faster the tank, the shorter the taunt duration. So Poe with the highest speed gets a 1 turn taunt, but super slow Chewie gets 4 or something. This way you can decide if you want someone to taunt first but for a short time versus someone taunting last but having it protect the team until he basically dies. And fix that fucker Teebo. Why is a tank stealthing?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Disney seems to indicate that SWTOR is cannon, so maybe we'll get Emporer Valkorian/Arkann.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Tracula posted:

Darth Traya for dark side healing would be pretty rad. We should push this idea on their forums (oh god).

Eddain: These games usually add abilities for characters as they go along, so maybe Ewok will get more skills whenever. It's either that or them patching it to 360 shards to rank up Sid vs 100 for Ewok :shepicide:

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Just spent 88 energy grinding purple dildoes with zero dildoes to show for it at the end. gently caress this game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Present posted:

Just spent 88 energy grinding purple dildoes with zero dildoes to show for it at the end. gently caress this game.

With what?

With what? :negative:

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Present posted:

Has anyone started grinding those purple blow dryers yet? I'm gonna need about 200 for my A-team (more after the cap raises again) and I just can't be arsed to, so many other guys I'd rather get gear for. You need 10 energy a pop, don't get any from Challenges, and only get 25 AGI for the completed item.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

oops wrong forum posted:

Has anyone started grinding those purple blow dryers yet? I'm gonna need about 200 for my A-team (more after the cap raises again) and I just can't be arsed to, so many other guys I'd rather get gear for. You need 10 energy a pop, don't get any from Challenges, and only get 25 AGI for the completed item.

Just double buy shipments daily. You'll get them through that over time.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Kylo Ren got some purple poo poo needed to reach gear lvl 7 and it's all Hard Missions 7+, aka 16 energy per attempt :negative:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringes. I buy all the shipments that come up, and I've never seen those. Does crystal-refreshing give exotic stock or something?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Zotix posted:

I haven't seen those in shipments yet, and I'd rather not throw away more crystals to gamble that they (or any other purple gear) MIGHT show up, it's IMO just as bad as rolling the dice on Chromiums. I do buy whatever purple gear shows up in those shipments 3x a day and it's nice as a bonus but not something you can rely on especially in the quantities needed. Maybe I'll bother grinding once I gear out my B team to 8, but why couldn't they have added those to the new higher Challenges instead of the MK V keyboards that aren't nearly as needed?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Apparently upgrading Dooku's basic attack to level 7 goes from 40% chance to cause an additional attack to 5% chance to cause an additional attack, missing the 0 to make it 50 in the code :downsbravo:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Metos posted:

Apparently upgrading Dooku's basic attack to level 7 goes from 40% chance to cause an additional attack to 5% chance to cause an additional attack, missing the 0 to make it 50 in the code :downsbravo:
Finally, the devs get something right!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Metos posted:

Apparently upgrading Dooku's basic attack to level 7 goes from 40% chance to cause an additional attack to 5% chance to cause an additional attack, missing the 0 to make it 50 in the code :downsbravo:*

*AI Dooku now has 500% chance for additional attack

commish
Sep 17, 2009

If the devs were Bungie, they would say they meant 5% all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Man, getting Daka on my PVP team turned me from struggling at 87-122 band (granted, still finished <100 daily) to getting down to #40. Double stun chance is a huge leg up, almost comparable to Expose&Timer reduction of Poe. Stunning the enemy Sid/Lumi/Glass cannon at these ranks are such a huge deal.

Seeing a lot of Darth Vaders popping up, he's not a huge deal and I haven't chosen to get him on my PVP team due to his limited shards (rank 4 certainly doesn't cut it even if he's swole and got some nice DoTs).

• Locked thread