Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

Barto posted:

If I didn't live here, then how would I have had lunch with your ex-coworkers recently? :)

Offer still stands, but I don't teach people for free, sorry.

I don't know who you think I am, but I am not that person, because I don't have ex-coworkers. Have been self-employed for more than three years.

Also, you can stop with the bait. Seriously. It's clear you have nothing to say of substance and are just trying to get a rise out of me. It's kinda sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

I don't know who you think I am, but I am not that person, because I don't have ex-coworkers. Have been self-employed for more than three years.

Also, you can stop with the bait. Seriously. It's clear you have nothing to say of substance and are just trying to get a rise out of me. It's kinda sad.

You haven't been self-employed your entire time here :)
And certainly, the things you did and said have not faded over time.
Anyway, there's no need to put too fine a point on it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

I mean you are there now. You know the kind of local that frequents bars and clubs generally speaking in this part of the world.

I'm not going to compare bars in Bangkok to bars in Taiwan or any other country. Bangkok is its own universe. I'm also not going to compare my wisdom or experience I have now to when I met my future wife.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Pandemonium posted:

Why would you assume someone's Chinese is bad because of that?

Because people at a very low level of skill in something, like a foreign language, tend to be exceptionally overconfident and do the things you do like where you stick incredibly common first-year Chinese into your English sentences and then explain it like you're teaching a class in basic-rear end Chinese 101. You may consider that your listeners are either: less versed in Chinese than you, in which case they will find your constant use of words they don't know annoying, or more well-versed in Chinese than you, in which case they will think you sound like an absolute toolbox.

quote:

More! I love it! WTF does recognizing that average chicks in X Asian country don't frequent bars, let alone ex-pat friendly/English-speaking bars have anything to do with this dumb loving statement you've just made that again assumes more nonsense.

I'm being 100% serious. You sound like someone who has never really been comfortable or good in social situations and who has a lot of hate for people who are. You probably don't understand how blatantly obvious it is because you assume everyone else is as bad at reading subtext as you are.

Spanish Matlock fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jan 25, 2016

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

url posted:

While this thread is great, a gift that truly keeps on giving:

0970 22 99 02

add me as a friend Pandemonium, I'll add you to the LINE group, it's a smaller readership than here, but, it's obviously more conversational and personal.
That may or may not help get your point across.

I've posted my details in the thread on several occasions either,to bring people into the LINE chat, or for the poker game etc., surprised you didn't dig it up.

new page, same invite

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

Why would you assume someone's Chinese is bad because of that? Where is the logic there? You are always going off on whatever tangent you want for whatever reason you want without a thread tying you down to reality. You need to reconsider the way you approach reading other people's posts, and how you yourself post ba.

It's not about competing, either. It's about you drawing every conclusion under the sun about me or about anything really without knowing a god drat thing. That's maybe not a great thing to do, as I have shown you several times, yet you persist. So I'm just going to leave you to it. Assume on, bro.
半瓶水響叮噹, that's why.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Pandemonium posted:

I mean you are there now. You know the kind of local that frequents bars and clubs generally speaking in this part of the world.

They met in Taiwan

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pandemonium posted:

It's about you drawing every conclusion under the sun about me or about anything really without knowing a god drat thing...

Pandemonium posted:

Dude, you are in Bangkok. You have to know your situation is an exception to the rule.

Pandemonium posted:

Pandemonium posted:

...That's maybe not a great thing to do, as I have shown you several times, yet you persist. So I'm just going to leave you to it. Assume on, bro.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

caberham posted:

They met in Taiwan

Full disclosure, this isn't true either. It doesn't really matter where I met her, however. Pandemonium hasn't really narrowed this particular generalization down to Taiwan. He's consistently said "in Asia" or "in this part of the world". So if I'd met her in Taiwan, Thailand, Japan, Korea, China, or Vietnam it wouldn't have mattered. I met an Asian girl in an Asian bar in Asia. Further, the more important thing is that she's Taiwanese, and therefore the type of Taiwanese girl that would go to a bar or nightclub and I guess that implies something about her character.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

Because people at a very low level of skill in something, like a foreign language, tend to be exceptionally overconfident and do the things you do like where you stick incredibly common first-year Chinese into your English sentences and then explain it like you're teaching a class in basic-rear end Chinese 101. You may consider that your listeners are either: less versed in Chinese than you, in which case they will find your constant use of words they don't know annoying, or more well-versed in Chinese than you, in which case they will think you sound like an absolute toolbox.

:lol: if you think I am not doing what I am doing with all of the above in mind I don't really know what to say.

Barto posted:

You haven't been self-employed your entire time here :)
And certainly, the things you did and said have not faded over time.
Anyway, there's no need to put too fine a point on it.

Dude, you are super creepy. You have admitted to thinking you have doxxed me, yet I am still not who you think I am. It's really not healthy what you are doing. I'm having fun (there, I said it again), and you are off pretending to know who I am (you really don't; please stop pretending you do), and making a whole bunch of posts about how my two Chinese sentences were so wrong but not never once have you said where precisely they were wrong. Please stop with the posting. You think you are clever, but you are not.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Knew the guy was in Bangkok. Did I say I knew he met his wife there? There you go reading way too much into my posts. Welcome to the club, I guess. I wrote he was there, and he should know the general type of character that goes to bars and night clubs. I feel like I haven't been a broken record enough in this thread :lol:. But, yeah, feel free to misinterpret like your other buddies.

Yeah, it's not specific to Taiwan. It's a bit unnerving that some people seem to think I mean every girl that walks through the doors of a bar at any point in time in Asia is in my mind a trollop skank and Atlas Hugged clearly married one. Maybe people should try to read less into a general statement. And maybe people shouldn't apply general statements to individual cases.

I would have joined the LINE group, but Barto's creepiness has thoroughly turned me off of having much to do with you guys outside of this poo poo thread.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

Yeah, it's not specific to Taiwan. It's a bit unnerving that some people seem to think I mean every girl that walks through the doors of a bar at any point in time in Asia is in my mind a trollop skank and Atlas Hugged clearly married one. Maybe people should try to read less into a general statement. And maybe people shouldn't apply general statements to individual cases.

Maybe you shouldn't apply general statements to individuals, groups of people, or regions. :shrug:

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Pandemonium posted:

:lol: if you think I am not doing what I am doing with all of the above in mind I don't really know what to say.

So again, you're socially colorblind, but this doesn't fool anyone. There is no world in which your behavior can be reasoned into some kind of trolling :master:

There is nothing to gain in making people think that you're an idiot, except an opportunity to aggressively defend yourself from their completely understandable misapprehension, which makes you an rear end in a top hat.

I thought you were an idiot, when you're actually just a douche. Congratulations?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

Knew the guy was in Bangkok. Did I say I knew he met his wife there? There you go reading way too much into my posts.

quote:

I would have joined the LINE group, but Barto's creepiness has thoroughly turned me off of having much to do with you guys outside of this poo poo thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubU-dB8B-94

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pandemonium posted:

I wrote two sentences, and the best you can do is generalize and hand-wave. What exactly are you referring to.

I'll bite.

真笨的你 is awkward as gently caress. You aren't calling him dumb here. You've used "the really dumb you" as a subject, similar to how one might say "the new me" or whatever, and it doesn't link up with the rest of your sentence. If you change the 的 to 誒 or something, it works verbally. 笨誒你!

謝天謝地 is also out of place at the end of that sentence. Would you ever say thank heavens that you laughed at someone unskilled trying to speak a language? Maybe, but you'd be weird for saying it.

還有一件事: you aren't announcing anything. 還有 is enough.

The biggest problem with this post is that it is obviously foreigner Mandarin. 得重複上面的人說你和你的醜字 is not something you should be writing if you passed the TOCFL. Your whole edit should just be 簡體字滾開啦幹 tbh. Barto is right. It's poorly constructed, but hey, any native or fluent speaker will think it's cute that you're trying!

e: I spend five whole minutes typing with freezing hands on this. Pandemonium please accept my love

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Pandemonium posted:

afaik Barto isn't in the LINE chat

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

So again, you're socially colorblind, but this doesn't fool anyone. There is no world in which your behavior can be reasoned into some kind of trolling :master:

There is nothing to gain in making people think that you're an idiot, except an opportunity to aggressively defend yourself from their completely understandable misapprehension, which makes you an rear end in a top hat.

I thought you were an idiot, when you're actually just a douche. Congratulations?

Your mistake is in thinking I must or I'm supposed to address you and others here as if we were buds. Most of the posters here are all too happy to make a poo poo post calling me an autist or something equally unoriginal. So I'm supposed to reply to such poo poo posts with my best manners? No thanks. I think I'll just poo poo post like you all! Except minus the continual incorrect assumptions. And plus stuff I know will just absolutely trigger you :cool:

And yeah, I'm gonna stay on Bar to being an absolute creeper with the insinuations he keeps making that he knows my ex-coworkers and by extension who I am. With a nice dash of ominous I did or said something or things terrible before that everyone still talks about or something. None of which is true, and all of which is a super creepy frosting to his cake of empty gesticulating at my super terribad Chinese.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

He has already said several times he's in Bangkok. drat, keep up. Did you miss when he posted the article aimed at veteran ESL teachers in Thailand that was full of advice for newcomers and said "be glad you aren't here"? Consider deleting this post cuz it makes you look pretty bad in your gambit to always have a cute quip or video that you think is somehow relevant.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's v cool how any time anyone levels an actual informed criticism you ignore it like it were a woman's feelings.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

this is a stickup posted:

I'll bite.

真笨的你 is awkward as gently caress. You aren't calling him dumb here. You've used "the really dumb you" as a subject, similar to how one might say "the new me" or whatever, and it doesn't link up with the rest of your sentence. If you change the 的 to 誒 or something, it works verbally. 笨誒你!

謝天謝地 is also out of place at the end of that sentence. Would you ever say thank heavens that you laughed at someone unskilled trying to speak a language? Maybe, but you'd be weird for saying it.

還有一件事: you aren't announcing anything. 還有 is enough.

The biggest problem with this post is that it is obviously foreigner Mandarin. 得重複上面的人說你和你的醜字 is not something you should be writing if you passed the TOCFL. Your whole edit should just be 簡體字滾開啦幹 tbh. Barto is right. It's poorly constructed, but hey, any native or fluent speaker will think it's cute that you're trying!

e: I spend five whole minutes typing with freezing hands on this. Pandemonium please accept my love

And you made the same mistake of assuming that what I wrote wasn't exactly what I meant to write. You think I honestly call simplified 醜字 outside of this thread or ever use 謝天謝地? You can't be serious. Everyone else gets to write jokey mandarins but me? Am I doing that good of a job ruffling feathers that you can't see a joke post for what it is?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

No no no you guys you don't get it I meant to be terrible! Dance my puppets!

Cepcepen kiso to hemot no mako.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

It's v cool how any time anyone levels an actual informed criticism you ignore it like it were a woman's feelings.

What about it is informed? Your denseness is troubling and you post such vague bullshit that it is mildly frustrating. Did you or did you not see Atlas Hugged's post where he said he is in Thailand? How is me saying that he is there anything at all close to Barto going "hey bro, had dinner with people who know you and they dished all about some terrible stuff you Did or said." I really wanna give you the benefit of the doubt that you are also just posting bait because you can't be this dense in pursuit of a sweet (and non-existent) "gotcha".

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

And you made the same mistake of assuming that what I wrote wasn't exactly what I meant to write. You think I honestly call simplified 醜字 outside of this thread or ever use 謝天謝地? You can't be serious. Everyone else gets to write jokey mandarins but me? Am I doing that good of a job ruffling feathers that you can't see a joke post for what it is?

Seriously, you've got a chip on your shoulder the size of a blind man's walking stick.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

Seriously, you've got a chip on your shoulder the size of a blind man's walking stick.

And you suck at analogies :lol:! Please don't do them.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

I really wanna give you the benefit of the doubt that you are also just posting bait because you can't be this dense in pursuit of a sweet (and non-existent) "gotcha".
Fortunately I'm not after a "gotcha" because your rear end may as well be called Nokia for all the self-owning you do.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

And you suck at analogies :lol:! Please don't do them.

Haha, you fool! That's just what I wanted you to think.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

Fortunately I'm not after a "gotcha" because your rear end may as well be called Nokia for all the self-owning you do.

More refusing to address the content of the post. Just give up, dude. It's pathetic.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm actually going to give Pandemonium the benefit of the doubt and say what he meant, and what everyone including myself misinterpreted as meeting a Taiwanese girl in a Bangkok bar was somehow different than meeting one in Taiwan, was that as a long time expat who has lived in Bangkok, I of all people should know the types of people who live in Asia.

That may or may not be true, but it's still irrelevant to criticizing his comment about the type of girl that goes to a bar in Asia. He has since walked that back a bit by saying not to apply his generalizations to every person. I'd say go further and just don't make assumptions about people because of where you or they are in the world.

I've made some legitimate friends in some pretty questionable places.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

I've made some legitimate friends in some pretty questionable places.
Having seen a couple of these places, I can 100% confirm their questionableness.

Pandemonium posted:

More refusing to address the content of the post. Just give up, dude. It's pathetic.
How does one go about addressing the content of a fart on a windy day?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pandemonium posted:

Based on your English, I absolutely believe you would use 謝天謝地. You've missed my point with the last part, as well. I'm not calling you out on 醜字, I'm calling you out on starting that bit with "得重複" and "你和你的醜字". You can change it to 簡體字 if you want. The things I pointed out are not "jokey", it's poorly written.

You keep saying you're ruffling feathers. You're not. You've been whining for pages that people keep saying baseless poo poo and giving you oneliners. Whenever someone gives you real criticism, you start the

You complained twice that Barto said nothing - he could tear the poo poo out of that post btw, I was nice - so I did instead. Since you're completely infatuated with your own intermediate Mandarin, I was mostly curious if you would actually take it as constructive criticism. Yet, here you are now trying to convince the thread your post was a joke. You do not understand how to interact with people.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Based on your English, I absolutely believe you would use 謝天謝地. You've missed my point with the last part, as well. I'm not calling you out on 醜字, I'm calling you out on starting that bit with "得重複" and "你和你的醜字". You can change it to 簡體字 if you want. The things I pointed out are not "jokey", it's poorly written.

You keep saying you're ruffling feathers. You're not. You've been whining for pages that people keep saying baseless poo poo and giving you oneliners. Whenever someone gives you real criticism, you start the

You complained twice that Barto said nothing - he could tear the poo poo out of that post btw, I was nice - so I did instead. Since you're completely infatuated with your own intermediate Mandarin, I was mostly curious if you would actually take it as constructive criticism. Yet, here you are now trying to convince the thread your post was a joke. You do not understand how to interact with people.

Alright, next time I make a post that includes Chinese I will make sure I thoroughly denude it of any hint of fun and emulate a native speaker instead. Or, I'll continue having fun with the language because this is not something that is work-related. Which one of those things do you think I will choose to do?

Edit: I do appreciate the attempt to treat those sentences like standard Mandarin, but I would think you would have gotten that it was a joke with the amount of nonsense I piled in there. Can you ballpark it for me, then? How much needs to be clearly a bit off before you go, "oh, I guess the goal of this post wasn't to write normal Mandarin sentences"?

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 25, 2016

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

Alright, next time I make a post that includes Chinese I will make sure I thoroughly denude it of any hint of fun and emulate a native speaker instead. Or, I'll continue having fun with the language because this is not something that is work-related. Which one of those things do you think I will choose to do?

Whichever one you retroactively think makes you look cooler?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pandemonium posted:

You think it is impossible to make a funny post without speaking incorrectly.

Sorry about your poo poo chinese, I honestly thought you were better at it until that post. good thing you can use english to make esl books for a living!

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

You think it is impossible to make a funny post without speaking incorrectly.

Sorry about your poo poo chinese, I honestly thought you were better at it until that post. good thing you can use english to make esl books for a living!

Let me spell it out for you: I hope you don't think that is serious Chinese with 都蝦哩 smack in the middle of sentence followed by 謝天謝地 at the end. I don't know if you know what the former means since you didn't touch on it, but my god, I can't imagine anyone taking that seriously. Oh well, I'm still enjoying myself.

TetsuoTW posted:

Having seen a couple of these places, I can 100% confirm their questionableness.

How does one go about addressing the content of a fart on a windy day?

Another post, another chance to address your tragic attempt at a burn that fell on its face. Aren't you tired yet? I know I'm getting bored calling you out over and over. But I feel like if I don't say something, then you will think you totally got that internet point. This is only the most recent example, too. Your MO is played out, man.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
That was a good read TIAS, as a person who's Chinese is kinda ehh I always appreciate quick tipz like that

More of that, less 國語能力尿比賽

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Come on guys, Chinese is well known as a language averse to wordplay.

e:

Pandemonium posted:

I know I'm getting bored calling you out over and over.
I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

I know I'm getting bored calling you out over and over.

Who are you calling him out to, God? There's no one else listening to your dumb rear end.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pandemonium posted:

Let me spell it out for you: I hope you don't think that is serious Chinese with 都蝦哩 smack in the middle of sentence followed by 謝天謝地 at the end. I don't know if you know what the former means since you didn't touch on it, but my god, I can't imagine anyone taking that seriously. Oh well, I'm still enjoying myself

I didn't say anything about that part because there is nothing wrong with it. Ridiculous slang and words from other languages can fit in sentences or phrases just fine, and incomplete thoughts can be correct.

No one on line uses complete sentences, but they also wouldn't say anything like you did. This is because none of your poo poo is correct, and you don't sound funny, you sound like an idiot. Also I'd prefer you use 謝天謝地 over poo poo like "ruffling feathers"

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Also not for nuffin but I seem to recall pandemonium getting all bitchy at me for using 得 as a verb in the Chinese thread not too long ago :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

Who are you calling him out to, God? There's no one else listening to your dumb rear end.

Yeah, that's the sad part. You all circled the wagons long, long ago. It's for my own amusement and posterity, I guess. I think he's up to like 5 posts since he said "Pandemonium saying Atlas Hugged is in Bangkok after Atlas Hugged says that in the thread is the exact same thing as Barto implictly admitting to doxxing Pandemonium and gossiping with people he knows (which Barto is doing for effect, but whatever)", I told him to explain how those two things are even remotely related, and then he started making GBS threads posts out his rear end with unfunny one-liners over and over.

Don't feel left out, though. I'm also tallying how many times you make stupid loving assumptions. You're up to four, I think. MGTOW, no certification, red pill, and spermjacking. I'm sure I'm missing more.