Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

God what a lovely piece of "journalism"

Who the gently caress did the contacting, was it serious, did they respond

E: How the gently caress did they get this story, did the guy contact them, is this one of the family members submitting a report, what the gently caress is going on

EE: Can I get the Herald to do a report on an unexplained charge on my credit card that turns out to be a donut I forgot I bought from a place in town

Somfin fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 25, 2016

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
It's a loving street light.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Robo Captain posted:

You're such an un-believer. It's obviously a UFO come to take away Mike Hosking before his disguise completely melts off him and gives away the ruse.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robo Captain posted:

Best post I have read all day.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
The article has been edited now to say that yes it is a street lamp, IT'S A COVERUP :tinfoil:
Of course their edits have just made the article into more of a bunch of nonsense than before.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Literally unbelievable.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/76249772/what-its-like-struggling-with-your-weight-in-a-fatphobic-family

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Spiteski posted:

You're such an un-believer. It's obviously a UFO come to take away Mike Hosking before his disguise completely melts off him and gives away the ruse.

https://vine.co/v/OYIKVdJeqBq

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ahaha that's perfect.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
The free market at work.

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

I enjoyed this "opinion" about how the flag is going to change.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/76267872/you-may-not-like-it-but-the-new-zealand-flag-will-change

In which one third of fifty percent of people on the electoral roll is described as "not a small minority".

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

SuperiorColliculus posted:

I enjoyed this "opinion" about how the flag is going to change.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/76267872/you-may-not-like-it-but-the-new-zealand-flag-will-change

In which one third of fifty percent of people on the electoral roll is described as "not a small minority".

It will change, but only if it is the right colour.
Grrrr it's not the right blue.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Meanwhile a straw poll in Aus about a flag change manages to produce far better options that are different and actually look like flags than our train wreck of a process did

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-26/alternative-australian-flags-ranked-by-university-survey/7113992

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

fong posted:

Meanwhile a straw poll in Aus about a flag change manages to produce far better options that are different and actually look like flags than our train wreck of a process did

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-26/alternative-australian-flags-ranked-by-university-survey/7113992

the vertical stripe one is loving ace

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

fong posted:

I dunno those are pretty similar to what NZ got from the flag committee to be honest.

That boomerang flag is an Aussie Lockwood.

The 'Golden Wattle' is easily the best of that lot.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

spanky the dolphin posted:

I dunno those are pretty similar to what NZ got from the flag committee to be honest.

The middle left one for aussie looks like some racist black-face-wearing Pac-Man game

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Why do we still need flags

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

bobbilljim posted:

Why do we still need flags

For burning

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fartmanteau posted:

For burning

Burn the pole as it has far more heat content.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's that top=left Aussie one with the white cross all about? I'm sure I've seen it actually flying over here, mainly round Southland I think

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 27, 2016

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

What's that top=left Aussie one with the white cross all about? I'm sure I've seen it actually flying over here, mainly round Southland I think

It looks exactly like the Scottish flag, so it might be that that you're seeing?

e: or did I miss a joke?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I dunno buddy, with a pair of hands and a wedding ring it could be improved a whole bunch

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Crane Fist posted:

The Immigration Restriction Act of 1901.

emminou
May 25, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

It's the Eureka Flag.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Those are all abominations. But I would get too jealous if they actually had a smooth flag change and ended up with a great flag.

The Golden Wattle isn't too bad. Would have been nice if we'd got an option like that.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
I think our flag is going to change

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Exclamation Marx posted:

I think our flag is going to change

Bit it can't, the flag is so loving dumb.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

I think our flag is going to change nothing

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
More than a million basic bitches gave their first preference to a flag designed by the Subway Jared-looking guy

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
the Golden Wattle is really cool and if australia had it i'd be really jealous of it cf our weetbix box

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11581217

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jesus christ.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Wow, we're an actual, for real police state now. Good times lads.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Wow, we're an actual, for real police state now. Good times lads.

If anything this is a bit of a relaxed holiday for them from their usual busting up picket lines routine.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

El Pollo Blanco posted:

If anything this is a bit of a relaxed holiday for them from their usual busting up picket lines routine.

Sounds like someone here in engaging in a little bit of the old Wrongthink, best get the boys out to make sure you watch your tone.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Burn the beehive.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Burn the beehive.

Get out a screenshot of that mission from Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

"transgender activist who goes by the gender-neutral pronoun "they"" - how is any of that relevant?!?!

Edit: gently caress the police.

• Locked thread