Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

They told me beforehand and I said I absolutely wasn't interested and it would be a bad idea besides. Then they made me one anyway and in the space of two hours there were five new GBS threads about me and QCS was in an uproar and I was demodded an hour later without exercising a single mod power (except to visit the mid forum).

I wish I could have gotten a custom grenade icon for my troubles.

you could have at least given me a 6h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

you could have at least given me a 6h

I was gonnaaa!! They demodded me before I could.

An Applewhite probie would have been a serious collector's item I tell you what.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

I was gonnaaa!! They demodded me before I could.

An Applewhite probie would have been a serious collector's item I tell you what.

drat right it would

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

remember red shirt lmao.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

franco suck my balls

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

THIS THREAD GOT WEIRD. AS mod i promise to make it better through the power of LOVE

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ok so what do you guys think should be done about posters wishing "death threats" on each other? It's something thats been getting reported lately. Things like people saying "Oh ok well then I think you should kill yourself" etc? Normally I think, whatever.... but its been bothering some people so I dunno...what do you other mods think?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Like, a normal "lol kill urself fag" can probably be safely ignored, but "I'm coming for you in your home at 351W 81st St." Then yeah you should probs intervene.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It is I think, Case by case. Every coin has two sides, we must see the forest for the trees

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dont give a shjt but i like your roman forum style of moderation it makes me feel like a patrician instead of a lowly galley slave

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

peanut posted:

It is I think, Case by case. Every coin has two sides, we must see the forest for the trees

the truth is somewhere in the middle here.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a starwar betamax posted:

Ok so what do you guys think should be done about posters wishing "death threats" on each other? It's something thats been getting reported lately. Things like people saying "Oh ok well then I think you should kill yourself" etc? Normally I think, whatever.... but its been bothering some people so I dunno...what do you other mods think?

only specific threats should be bannable

like lets all get torches and pitchforks and meet at starwar's place in _______ to do wha tmust be done

edit: what applewhite said

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Imo they should be permabanned, this site would be better off without people like Effectronica. I don't remember anyone ever making a fun joke with the premise of "I will kill you!". Many goons are mentally ill and they have killed people before, even if goons usually just kill themselves.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Do we know for sure that Obama doesn't have an account here? No. Therefore a death threat against anyone could be a death threat against the potus, which has gotten us in trouble before.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

if it is funny then it should be treated as a joke. if it is said by effectronica then it is not funny because only its poster is a joke.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Bring back Ozma

Fluo
May 25, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

if it is funny then it should be treated as a joke. if it is said by effectronica then it is not funny because only its poster is a joke.

It kind of gets tiresome having to clear your inbox for the 4th time that day from the amount of spam PMs effectronica sends. Some is holocaust snuff images others just death threats. Dude needs to take his meds

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Fluo posted:

It kind of gets tiresome having to clear your inbox for the 4th time that day from the amount of spam PMs effectronica sends. Some is holocaust snuff images others just death threats. Dude needs to take his meds

lol his rap sheet: http://archives.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=176390

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

whoflungpoop posted:

I don't know anything about this effectronica individual.... should it be banned?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I don't know anything about this effectronica individual.... should it be banned?

gassed the memebowl thread, huh? smooth move, ex-lax

Fluo
May 25, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

gassed the memebowl thread, huh? smooth move, ex-lax

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lazy joke, nearly a catchphrase, not funny, encourages suicide, A+ all around imo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

lazy joke, nearly a catchphrase, not funny, encourages suicide, A+ all around imo

stfu you stupid piece of poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dad gay. so what posted:

stfu you stupid piece of poo poo

:razz::zoid::shopkeeper::hf::pizza:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

what is your role here exactly? what is your purpose? i used a starving hyena analogy but i think you actually think you are someone worth listening to, which shows a shocking lack of self-awareness on your part.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

thanks for getting rid of redundant hellthreads and gimmick threads

but why the memebowl thread? it had the promise of a firstborn

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

thanks for getting rid of redundant hellthreads and gimmick threads

but why the memebowl thread? it had the promise of a firstborn

ya, that showed a lack of leadership and foresight imho

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
leadershit and foreskins.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dad gay. so what posted:

what is your role here exactly? what is your purpose? i used a starving hyena analogy but i think you actually think you are someone worth listening to, which shows a shocking lack of self-awareness on your part.

PIctured left to right: starwars, ralp, and me

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

thats what i thought

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

DGSW you sound dangerously close to caring. It's very uncharacteristic. Normally you're so detached I almost think of you as a piece of interactive abstract art than a poster.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

DGSW you sound dangerously close to caring. It's very uncharacteristic. Normally you're so detached I almost think of you as a piece of interactive abstract art than a poster.

nice troll

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

rip michel cane

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
:wal: wooOOoooo, make the hostile trash posters stop posting wooOOOoooo

:stat: then there wouldn't be anyone left to post!

:wal::stat: doh-hohohohohohohoho

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

you seem like a real piece of poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dad gay. so what posted:

you seem like a real piece of poo poo

get ready for breakfast, bitch.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spanish Manlove posted:

jesus christ dude

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

get ready for breakfast, bitch.

whats for breakfast?

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Don't worry, everyone bombs on their first set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

please stop picking on my friend franco he's trying very hard okay

• Locked thread