Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Beware if you're running brightstone with pubbies. It's possible to change the loot system to Master Looter at the end of the dungeon, and grab all the loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like Soha, and agree that adding a gunner class would be cool. They should use the music from that cutscene more.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 25, 2016

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

van fem posted:

Complexity ramps up pretty slow and they have some tutorial quests to give you a handle on basic combo's. Hardest thing for me is timing the evades, but you can get by just fine with counters.

Same. If anyone has any advice for how to get good at evading, please share. It seems harder to time than the counter, not to mention that dashing backwards requires you to double-tap which is never a good keybind for a dodge mechanic, and dashing to the sides only works if you're facing a target that you can slide around.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

How did the goon population end up settling after the initial launch? Are we most active on Mushin or Jiwan, or is it about equal? I'm not super-tryhard, but I enjoy PvP a bunch, if that matters. Also, I've got premium.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Zaodai posted:

How did the goon population end up settling after the initial launch? Are we most active on Mushin or Jiwan, or is it about equal? I'm not super-tryhard, but I enjoy PvP a bunch, if that matters. Also, I've got premium.

Jiwan has a small guild, like 20 people. Larger guilds are in Old Man Cho and especially Mushin.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

Are Hongmoon keys special compared to regular keys? I have a few in my bank and am out of regular keys, but need to open plague boxes to upgrade my weapon.
hongmoon X is just a fancy way of saying soulbound version of X. use your hongmoon stuff first, because it can't be sold on the AH.

Verranicus posted:

I was more looking at kung fu master or whatever because I so rarely get to play in an MMO with fists weapons. I just want to know if it's so hard that I won't even be able to level as it without loving up.
leveling is easy with every class, including KFM and Sin. the difficulty ratings are more relevant when it comes to PvP.

Lemming posted:

It seems strange to me that crimson seems to be losing on every channel in Mushin's Misty Woods
what's so strange about it? crimson is the default, path of least resistance choice, so of course it's going to lose more often.

Amante fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 25, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The bidding system in dungeons seem kinda bonkers. We just spent more time on bidding after the final boss than the rest of the dungeon combined :psyduck:

Also, I was the only Summoner and yet people kept bidding and driving up the price on the single Blight Staff that dropped.... why? They're not tradable.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

They did that so they would get your money. You can make it backfire by letting them have the item.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Liberatore posted:

They did that so they would get your money. You can make it backfire by letting them have the item.

Well, sure. But I needed it :geno:

The dungeon was extremely confusing, everyone basically just ran around doing their own thing. I had another run where everyone had left by the time I got to the last room (and thus didn't get any credit). I paid for the staff and got the costume as well, so I'm not planning on returning to that place :cheeky:

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
The faction situation in Mushin is getting a bit frustrating, if you haven't gotten your ranks up yet as Crimson. On the times I'm on, there's usually a bunch of 45's running around in the Razorwing Ravine PVP areas (soulstone collection and boss killing), and now those 45's are starting to turn up in The Scorching Sands PVP area as well. At least The Scorching Sands usually up to 8 channels in the dead hours of NA so it's easier to dodge them if I need to, but the Razorwing Ravine area usually only has 2 channels at all times, making it nearly impossible to dodge those groups there.

It makes it really tempting to jump boat to join the Cerulian Order farm wagon since I haven't joined Shanghai Goon or any of the overflow guilds, but I hope the situation improves in the near future. It's kind of sad to see faction chat being constant "Any Misty Woods farming?" without any results, because the Curelian are farming in all the channels.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

The story so far is oddly compelling (In the early 20s).

As an assassin, what are my PVE options? I put points to make shadow strike have a 3 sec CD, and the RMB skill not break stealth on attack (which is hilarious for chain stabs).

Also, any space for the goon guilds on Mushin? In game as Selianna.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Tag match is really really fun. Played a match and my assassin teammate soloed the entire enemy team down to like 30% HP then I got tagged in and finished them all off.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

So i'm liking this game a lot more than I expected to, once I got past the hilariously bad models. Once I started playing an assassin everything sort of clicked, so far it's way more fun than the summoner I was playing originally.

I'm not sure I'll keep playing once something better comes out but its surprisingly fun to wail on random mobs with my stupid fast combos. And I like the weird kungfu aesthetics. Getting water walk cracked me up. I never played age of wushu, maybe I should give that a shot.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Weissritter posted:

The story so far is oddly compelling (In the early 20s).

As an assassin, what are my PVE options? I put points to make shadow strike have a 3 sec CD, and the RMB skill not break stealth on attack (which is hilarious for chain stabs).

Also, any space for the goon guilds on Mushin? In game as Selianna.

Your basic go to is:

Turn your 1 in stealth into shadow drain to refresh stealth

6s cooldown on your 1 charge (out of stealth)

Source of poison (poison mine is pretty good)

Heart strike down to 4 on the left path

That is the core you need to get poo poo done

You can then buff and spec your F to the right path for extra focus and grab various other things
https://bnstree.com/AS/4J3x7okZl This is a good build to work from, the only change I made was taking points from mist slash into skull sunder for a bleed while soloing

For general tips:

Get used to going infinite on stealth on bosses you can generally use the following pattern:

Shadow drain-> break stealth and hook kick (tab) -> backstep and charge into back ((always breaking/backstepping right at the end))

This gives you 18 seconds of stealth using abilities with about an 18 second Cooldown or less

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
So I've seen people praise the dungeon finder system in this game, which for me seems completely garbage. My experience usually consists of going into the dungeon lobby, hanging out there for half an hour advertising my group, only to have level 15-20 people join my level 36 dungeon group for some reason. I might be spoiled by GW2, but even Tera at least let you search for dungeon groups cross-server while actually playing the game. Am I missing something?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Karistar posted:

The faction situation in Mushin is getting a bit frustrating, if you haven't gotten your ranks up yet as Crimson. On the times I'm on, there's usually a bunch of 45's running around in the Razorwing Ravine PVP areas (soulstone collection and boss killing), and now those 45's are starting to turn up in The Scorching Sands PVP area as well. At least The Scorching Sands usually up to 8 channels in the dead hours of NA so it's easier to dodge them if I need to, but the Razorwing Ravine area usually only has 2 channels at all times, making it nearly impossible to dodge those groups there.

It makes it really tempting to jump boat to join the Cerulian Order farm wagon since I haven't joined Shanghai Goon or any of the overflow guilds, but I hope the situation improves in the near future. It's kind of sad to see faction chat being constant "Any Misty Woods farming?" without any results, because the Curelian are farming in all the channels.

Well this sounds somewhat worrisome given that I just started leveling my Destroyer on Mushin. So you just end up getting ruined by like 60 dudes because you're crazy outnumbered or what?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

cathead posted:

Posted this a few pages ago, it's in the OP as well.
  • East Fleet Supply Chain (Poharan 24man) dailies. This is an "open-world" instance so you just run in and kill stuff and the bosses will respawn on a timer and such. There's a dude outside who gives a ton of dailies, then go in the instance and follow people around or try and find a group and get the dailies done. Poharan herself takes a bit to spawn, I believe you have to kill each of the other bosses 3 times. You can easily get like 3 gold from all of these dailies.

Fun Fact: After you beat any of the major bosses in East Fleet except Poharan, I think, you have a small chance of being ambushed by the fat bastard you fought back in Blackram Narrows, just without his superbeast mode. There's no quest for him, but he does have his own, distinct loot box.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Nvm

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 25, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Wait, so we're blue side on Mushin?

drat the OP! :saddowns:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

tyblazitar posted:

So I've seen people praise the dungeon finder system in this game, which for me seems completely garbage. My experience usually consists of going into the dungeon lobby, hanging out there for half an hour advertising my group, only to have level 15-20 people join my level 36 dungeon group for some reason. I might be spoiled by GW2, but even Tera at least let you search for dungeon groups cross-server while actually playing the game. Am I missing something?

Don't advertise, just click the Find Party button (can't remember what it's called, FTP or something). It creates a group in seconds and boots you to the dungeon immediately.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Zaodai posted:

Uhhh I knew nothing about this? It's news to me if its true, I still see everyone in the guild on Red.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zaodai posted:

Mushin is Red

Jiwan is Blue.

Not sure anything has changed :confused:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Do you have to be online to be invited to the clan? I'm Man Jackson on Windrest.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't really seem to figure out how to beat destroyers as an assassin or FM. Are these matchups just kinda one sided for now? Going to have to roll a destroyer just to see what makes em tick.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

stay safe hongmoon ghost

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

cathead posted:

Uhhh I knew nothing about this? It's news to me if its true, I still see everyone in the guild on Red.

I completely misunderstood a post earlier in the thread, my bad guys!

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Clarste posted:

Don't advertise, just click the Find Party button (can't remember what it's called, FTP or something). It creates a group in seconds and boots you to the dungeon immediately.

Also, you can set it so that people can join your group even after you go in (there's a checkbox).

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

So..I'm levelling up a Kung Fu Master, and a little lost as to what sort of build I should be going for to help me survive and dish out the deeps. Any guides out there?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

So..I'm levelling up a Kung Fu Master, and a little lost as to what sort of build I should be going for to help me survive and dish out the deeps. Any guides out there?

Max level or levelling?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
So what do I do with all of these slice of pizza shield things taking up all the slots in my inventory?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Use the cross-server dungeon finder, it really owns bones. You can power through dungeons like a champ.

LoG posted:

So what do I do with all of these slice of pizza shield things taking up all the slots in my inventory?

Salvage them for upgrade mats, then use the purple shield spares (or blues that have stats you want) to updated your slotted shields.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Stormgale posted:

Max level or levelling?

Levelling

Its as much rotations etc as builds, only level 25 now

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

Levelling

Its as much rotations etc as builds, only level 25 now

Spec your 2 into tiger strike and probably counter to give you some self healing

For most trash gather them up, counter, stun 2 then 4 and everything will probably be dead.

For bosses just counter and stay aggressive using 2-4 when you can

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Stormgale posted:

Spec your 2 into tiger strike and probably counter to give you some self healing

For most trash gather them up, counter, stun 2 then 4 and everything will probably be dead.

For bosses just counter and stay aggressive using 2-4 when you can

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

So I tried playing over the weekend. Game is pretty cool, but I suffered from lag. It ranged anywhere between 0.5-2.5 seconds when performing attacks. I am on Mushin. My question for you all is if the server I selected impacts the amount of lag I am experiencing? I am not even level 10 yet and I am not against starting over on a less populated server if it means no lag.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm on Old Man Cho which is as populated as Mushin (I.E. completely full at all prime time periods) and I have next to no lag, soooooo. Might be your internet.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I got all those "intro to the Arena" quests last night and figured I'd do them. Being a Destroyer but bad at pvp I figured I'd get matched up with someone bad or low-tier to get a win, and just do a few matches and see what it's like.

First match was against a Summoner who pushed my poo poo right in. I couldn't even tell the difference between him and the cat half the time because of the effects flying around and being unfamiliar with them made it pretty rough. I got CCed a lot and half the times I couldn't even break out of it.

Second match was against a FM, which I had an easier time with even though he got better in the second round. He locked a lot of my movement skills but once it wore off I jumped over and put him in the dirt for most of his health bar.

Admittedly I don't know what I'm doing with my build, and am only 33~ so I can't have everything. Anything Must Have aside from the beefy Judgement+Cleave talents?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I got that quest last night on my 30 assassin. Went in expecting to get my poo poo punched in, especially when I saw I was going up against a KFM.

The exact opposite happened and I punched his poo poo in.

Then I re-queued by accident (I was trying to leave, the menus suck) and ended up punching a blade dancers face in too.

Assassin has about 300 different ways to stun someone. I like it. Also it has to be super frustrating to use a heavy hitting ability against someone then they turn into a tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm on Old Man Cho which is as populated as Mushin (I.E. completely full at all prime time periods) and I have next to no lag, soooooo. Might be your internet.

Pretty certain it is not my internet since that is usually very stable for me. I am pretty sensitive to lag in general so the "next to no lag" you had on Old Man Cho might be what I experienced on Mushin. No way to tell.

Anyone playing on Mushin last night? How was lag for you?

• Locked thread