Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Man, I am seriously in love with Super Mario Galaxy, but gently caress the mission called Dreadnought's Garbage Dump. Under a 30-second time limit, you have to throw a bunch of bombs at rubble. Each bomb takes a second or two to pick up, ten seconds to destroy, and there's countless forum posts on the internet about this mission because it's just a pain in the rear end.

I went so save-scummy on it (I love Dolphin) that me finally beating it could arguably be considered a tool-assisted run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Thing dragging Bloodbourne down: my favourite playstyles from Demon and Dark souls don't really work there, because the game is a lot more themed on agility and side-stepping, which apparently means that every boss should have a "flailing murder" combo in its repertoire that is just as much about luck as "learning the game", while Magic is really hindered by the limited bullets. So being a mage or a ponderous dude just doesn't work.

"Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity." indeed.

Well, being ponderous won't work, but you literally rip more ammo right out of your HP bar. Hit up on the d-pad and you'll get +5 blood bullets in exchange for your HP. It's pretty much essential for gun based builds and still really good for magic builds.

Also, git gud at dodging. :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I decided to cheat just so I could see the final boss in Darkest, while he doesn't have a super max out stress talk he does have something that's pretty bullshit.

One of his attacks is an instant kill, like straight up the character is loving dead regardless of HP, trinkets or way you might have set them up, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it either, he did it twice in a row to me then let me kill him with my remaining 2 guys after doing only normal attacks, kinda makes me wonder if he can just straight up keep doing it if he feels like it.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Alteisen posted:

So I decided to cheat just so I could see the final boss in Darkest, while he doesn't have a super max out stress talk he does have something that's pretty bullshit.

One of his attacks is an instant kill, like straight up the character is loving dead regardless of HP, trinkets or way you might have set them up, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it either, he did it twice in a row to me then let me kill him with my remaining 2 guys after doing only normal attacks, kinda makes me wonder if he can just straight up keep doing it if he feels like it.

:what: Uh, yeah, that's pretty bullshit. I hope someone figures out a reason for this, otherwise it's pretty disappointing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

According to the game's wiki, he uses it exactly twice, though he is notably significantly weaker than most other bosses? You apparently also get to choose who dies, so you can throw away the guy who is about to go insane anyway. I don't think I would mind that too much, it's the last boss and they adjust for it, though I'd probably need to play that bit myself to really say.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Just leave man. You're being an idiot.

Thing dragging Bloodbourne down: my favourite playstyles from Demon and Dark souls don't really work there, because the game is a lot more themed on agility and side-stepping, which apparently means that every boss should have a "flailing murder" combo in its repertoire that is just as much about luck as "learning the game", while Magic is really hindered by the limited bullets. So being a mage or a ponderous dude just doesn't work.

"Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity." indeed.

The reason being a mage doesn't work is magic doesn't do damage until you have like 50 arcane and collect the spells hidden around in the end game or DLC. Once you do that being a mage is the best. Until then you can use a flame sprayer and try to melt anything with hair I guess.

e: more darkest dungeon complaints.

I just lost a party of level 2s to a boss that was too hard for me. I try to come back with level 3s and spend solid minute picking up and dropping them into the party, which they promptly leave and tell me to gently caress off with this baby bullshit that is beneath them. I don't even understand what is going on. Get in the party. This boss killed your friends it's time to avenge them. Nope. Slips out of my fingers. I stare dumbfounded as comprehension dawns. Revulsion. This game is for people who aren't me. I don't know what a grognard is but this word feels about right.

There are apparently two ways to die in this game. One is to lose, the other is to win. You are only allowed to play if you are underleveled so the RNG has better than even odds of loving up your whole day. You are never allowed to come back with even one inch more allowance than they deem just barely enough. I extremely do not appreciate this design philosophy. They don't even scale down your character or make them play with a penalty. It's gently caress you i'm on vacation. Wake me up when I can go die in a mid level dungeon.

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 11:00 on Jan 25, 2016

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Krinkle posted:

The reason being a mage doesn't work is magic doesn't do damage until you have like 50 arcane and collect the spells hidden around in the end game or DLC. Once you do that being a mage is the best. Until then you can use a flame sprayer and try to melt anything with hair I guess.

e: more darkest dungeon complaints.

I just lost a party of level 2s to a boss that was too hard for me. I try to come back with level 3s and spend solid minute picking up and dropping them into the party, which they promptly leave and tell me to gently caress off with this baby bullshit that is beneath them. I don't even understand what is going on. Get in the party. This boss killed your friends it's time to avenge them. Nope. Slips out of my fingers. I stare dumbfounded as comprehension dawns. Revulsion. This game is for people who aren't me. I don't know what a grognard is but this word feels about right.

There are apparently two ways to die in this game. One is to lose, the other is to win. You are only allowed to play if you are underleveled so the RNG has better than even odds of loving up your whole day. You are never allowed to come back with even one inch more allowance than they deem just barely enough. I extremely do not appreciate this design philosophy. They don't even scale down your character or make them play with a penalty. It's gently caress you i'm on vacation. Wake me up when I can go die in a mid level dungeon.

Man say what you will about Darkest Dungeon but the narrator kicks rear end.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Did I read somewhere that you can edit Darkest Dungeon's .ini file? Because I might do that because I'm with most of you that I love the idea and aesthetics but even in the early builds and following guides I couldn't get into the swing of it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Man, I am seriously in love with Super Mario Galaxy, but gently caress the mission called Dreadnought's Garbage Dump. Under a 30-second time limit, you have to throw a bunch of bombs at rubble. Each bomb takes a second or two to pick up, ten seconds to destroy, and there's countless forum posts on the internet about this mission because it's just a pain in the rear end.
Yeah, Mario Galaxy has a weird difficulty curve. All the timed or race missions are really, really tight. The garbage one is exceptionally bad, on par with the Cosmic Races from the comets. You have to do those perfectly, there's like a single spare second.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

ChogsEnhour posted:

Did I read somewhere that you can edit Darkest Dungeon's .ini file? Because I might do that because I'm with most of you that I love the idea and aesthetics but even in the early builds and following guides I couldn't get into the swing of it.

There is an options menu where your can turn off anything that provides a challenge (corpses, heart attacks etc etc)

FWIW all the talk about how the evil devs catered to the hardcore crowd is silly and pretty much based around corpses/heart attacks. Originally enemies didn't leave corpses and so the best tactic was to just full damage the first row and let enemies slide into the space each time. Then the devs made it so if you kill an enemy by direct damage (crits and DoTs kill w/o leaving corpses) it leaves a corpse meaning you had to be more careful with your planning /diversify your team etc rather than rely on just hitting front row repeatedly. After much complaining from people who were upset that they can't just mash their way through the dungeon the devs added it as an option to not have corpses. It wasn't just some ballbusting punishment on the playerbase but a mechanic that allows for more options during battle, like you can use corpses to ensure that enemies get stuck out of position for a while where they will use rubbish attacks. Heart attacks are just the stress version of having 0 HP. Get 200 stress and have one, in anything but like the final dungeon you'd have to be awful at prioritising targets/stress management in the town to have this become an actual issue.

e: alternatively :gitgud:

FairyNuff has a new favorite as of 15:26 on Jan 25, 2016

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Ramos posted:

Well, being ponderous won't work, but you literally rip more ammo right out of your HP bar. Hit up on the d-pad and you'll get +5 blood bullets in exchange for your HP. It's pretty much essential for gun based builds and still really good for magic builds.

Also, git gud at dodging. :v:
The problem with just getting better with dodging is the really random nature of the boss combos. Like, I'm trying to remember any bosses that just did the annoying flailing attacks in the other games and not really remembering many.

Bloodborne on the other hand, has the first 3 bosses all like that. It's uhh, just sorta annoying how the only boss I've thought was cool in concept and neat was the Witch, which was also sorta really easy. (Though running it under-leveled did help)

Lack of variety, is the problem I guess. Both in weapons and boss designs. (Caveat: I haven't beaten Rom, as I'm trying to take out Martyr Logarius)

Krinkle posted:

This is just so shoddy. "Level this stat up to its usable max and things are good" is true of all the stats really. And the annoyance of getting arcane gems...

Gems are actually another sorta annoying thing; it's FROM showing it's annoying, grindy roots. Has anyone, ever, in their life said: "Man, I wish that this item had been harder to get and more of a hassle, say, as an extremely rare drop!" ?

No.

On the subject of badly managed game mechanics, the settlements in Fallout 4 are pathetic; all they are is a really lazy implemention of the creation kit in the game, except that they didn't really add any good systems to it. There´s no point in specialization, huge parts of it are glitched or badly explained and overall it's just a pointless timesink.

I mean, just take the food for example. Your settlers all need 1 unit of food to eat. Settlers told to farm can work on up to 6 food plants. You need water to let them grow. All the different types of food only give 0.5 food units, except for mutfruit.

And nothing more about it. There's no bonuses for different types of food, and much of it is a hassle to grow. Very little of it is of use; you have to harvest the few that are useful by hand to get any decent qualities because they don't stockpile them well. Rather than having different drawbacks or advantages to food, there's just one way better than the others.

Ech.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, but the Vestal Crusader and Leper can actively fight the abomination because he's here and real, and I can hit him with my weapons/magic. Can't exactly fight a god occupying another dimension though.

Meanwhile, everyone keep talking about stuff in DD that bugs you, I'm interested. Plus, that's the point of this thread.

You must have the wrong thread. This is the "get incredibly butthurt over people saying mean things about your favorite game" thread.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Did anyone get the Gold Medal in Professor Genki's Mind over Murder (Hard)? Did anyone pass it at all?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I wish more games that have a lot of side content would tell you if and what upgrades you need to find collectibles or access side missions. I'm looking at you Batman Arkham Knight

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

The problem with just getting better with dodging is the really random nature of the boss combos. Like, I'm trying to remember any bosses that just did the annoying flailing attacks in the other games and not really remembering many.

Bloodborne on the other hand, has the first 3 bosses all like that. It's uhh, just sorta annoying how the only boss I've thought was cool in concept and neat was the Witch, which was also sorta really easy. (Though running it under-leveled did help)

Bloodborne bosses don't randomly flail around, they have very rigidly designed attack patterns that have distinct tells, just like all the Souls games. The difference is that in Bloodborne the pace of combat is much faster, and bosses do have a greater number of attacks than they do in DS. On the other hand, parrying is far easier than it has ever been and you can regain health after you take damage by hitting the enemy so each little hit isn't quite as damning as it used to be.

Arcane and Bloodtinge being underpowered and underdeveloped is definitely a problem in Bloodborne, especially if you're coming from DS and assume that an arcanist that never uses a melee weapon is something that can work. BB is a game designed for melee characters almost to the exclusion of everything else -- the DLC did add in a few more options, but even then it's later in the game, but of course you have no way to know that from the character creation screen. Just remember that you have to dodge toward bosses most of the time rather than away; almost every boss is designed to punish cowardice and many of them have insanely good gap closers; the best way to dodge big flailing multi-hit combos like the ones that Bloodstarved Beast does is just to not be in front of them when they do it. Backing away probably won't work and trying to dodge around every hit is doing it the hard way.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Did anyone get the Gold Medal in Professor Genki's Mind over Murder (Hard)? Did anyone pass it at all?

Yes....by turning the game difficulty to Easy, which gives you more time. :v:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Geokinesis posted:

There is an options menu where your can turn off anything that provides a challenge (corpses, heart attacks etc etc)

Yeah, I was looking more into cheesing stats and making prices in the town all cost like, 1 gold each or something.

Geokinesis posted:

:smith:

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

ChogsEnhour posted:

quote:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\DarkestDungeon\campaign\quest

Edit the quest.json

Go to the very very end of the file

Make it look like this:

"restriction":
{
"difficulty":
{
"resolve_level_threshold_table":
[ 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 99, 99 ]

There you go!

Geokinesis posted:

So how do you avoid things like the Pot "dodging" your attacks while in the Hag boss fight because no matter what your accuracy is there's a 5-10% hardcoded miss? Or the final boss just straight up killing two guys because lol gently caress you? Or walking into the first room of a dungeon and losing someone within the first two rounds of the first fight because lol gently caress you? All the enemies crit at obscene rates and numbers (critting at 20 per damage, regardless of which enemy, while your vestal has 30 health if that).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I've been playing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and as someone with a love for westerns and unreliable narrators it's been great. Except now I'm stuck on a boss that requires you keep hurling dynamite at it while he shreds you with his minigun. I never put points in any skills that boosted dynamite cause I wasn't really using it and I just plink away at his health. It's really unfun and bad,

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

[INI Stuff. Thanks!]

The final boss just straight up killing two guys.

Funnily enough this is exactly the reason why I wanted to get back into it. Feels pretty right, thematically speaking that the final form of the final dark god should consume your dudes with ease. Though it might play out differently in my head than it does in the game, but it sounds awesome.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Are you on about the one where you start at the bottom of a hill?
Go from rock to rock.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This is one of the many little design complaints I have with bloodborne, you can get stunlocked by a single enemy which is just bullshit and should not ever happen. It effectively turns a lot of fast, ordinary attacks into one-shots because if you get hit by the first one in a chain of random flailing then gently caress You until you're dead. Bloodborne makes you slog through bosses that can take 10 visceral attacks and keep on going, then you make 1 mistake the same as any other and get instakilled for it. You get punished disproportionately for the same mistakes, depending on what attack you happened to screw up.

quote:

Lack of variety, is the problem I guess. Both in weapons and boss designs. (Caveat: I haven't beaten Rom, as I'm trying to take out Martyr Logarius)

Totally disagree with this though. The transforming weapons in bloodborne are one of its best features and there's great visual variety on the bosses, although the ones that are the most creative in gameplay terms are also the easiest. So you tend to beat your face against the most boring ones, which almost always the bosses that regress to souls gameplay where you have no option but to alternate dodging and getting a couple hits in, because there's no way to control the boss via staggers or whatever so you have to wait your turn to do anything.

I'm noticing that I'm increasingly tolerating these games just for the presentation, as I'm getting increasingly sick of gameplay regressions and dumb design that should have been fixed by now. From's art design is consistently amazing, and even I have to admit that my most hated boss in the whole game looks pretty awesome. The bloodborne DLC was the first time I've ever had a complaint with their art direction, and that's just a subjective thing. At this point I'm really only looking forward to dark souls 3 for the presentation, and not really the gameplay anymore.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

ChogsEnhour posted:

Yeah, I was looking more into cheesing stats and making prices in the town all cost like, 1 gold each or something.

:smith:

There is a guy (Doctor Schnabel) posting in the DD thread talking about how he is adding stuff to different character's moves and changing cost values so I guess editing everything else shouldn't be too hard? Might be worth asking him in there.

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

So how do you avoid things like the Pot "dodging" your attacks while in the Hag boss fight because no matter what your accuracy is there's a 5-10% hardcoded miss? Or the final boss just straight up killing two guys because lol gently caress you? Or walking into the first room of a dungeon and losing someone within the first two rounds of the first fight because lol gently caress you? All the enemies crit at obscene rates and numbers (critting at 20 per damage, regardless of which enemy, while your vestal has 30 health if that).
You :gitgud:!

Seriously though, you just deal with it, your people die you get new ones and head out. You manage everything else by making sure you upgrade gear and use useful trinkets, still sometimes you are gonna get messed up by the RNG but most of the time you mitigate the worst and unless you play hard mode there is no fail state.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kerbtree posted:

Are you on about the one where you start at the bottom of a hill?
Go from rock to rock.

Yeah, by going cover to cover while he reloads you should be able to circle around the left and end up at the top of the plateau with him, and there's cover close enough that you can lob the dynamite straight at his feet which will do a ton of damage regardless of how many points you put into dynamite skills.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

I seriously worry that you have no idea what those words actually mean and are just repeating them like a sovereign citizen hoping saying the magic words will make your traffic tickets go away.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

I've been playing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and as someone with a love for westerns and unreliable narrators it's been great. Except now I'm stuck on a boss that requires you keep hurling dynamite at it while he shreds you with his minigun. I never put points in any skills that boosted dynamite cause I wasn't really using it and I just plink away at his health. It's really unfun and bad,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su36IQsqKgU&t=1027s

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Not that one. This one comes later and the dude is camped out in a train tunnel with no way of getting around him.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Mad Max is a very fun game that does a good job of eliciting the general feel of the movies, but some of the mechanics in it are less than well-implemented. Scavenging for fuel and water seem like they would be good game mechanics for the post-apocalypse, but they are rendered completely trivial by dint of the fact that fuel is EVERYWHERE (not once in my first playthrough did my tank drop below 75% full), as is water, and you can very quickly stumble across a literally infinite supply of both.

Also there needed to be more missions like the convoy assault that led up to the final boss battle, because it was great but felt all too short.

I DO like the fact, however that despite the combat system being somewhat Batman-Arkham-lite, counters and lengthy attack animations DIDN'T render you completely invulnerable to attack. Actually having to worry about positioning and who could potentially knock you around when you're triggering a devastating-yet-lengthy move took getting used to, but gave a much more realistic feel for being absolutely dogpiled by enemies.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

RagnarokAngel posted:

Not that one. This one comes later and the dude is camped out in a train tunnel with no way of getting around him.
The armored guy? Yeah, that one is just painfully unfun.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Breetai posted:

Mad Max is a very fun game that does a good job of eliciting the general feel of the movies, but some of the mechanics in it are less than well-implemented. Scavenging for fuel and water seem like they would be good game mechanics for the post-apocalypse, but they are rendered completely trivial by dint of the fact that fuel is EVERYWHERE (not once in my first playthrough did my tank drop below 75% full), as is water, and you can very quickly stumble across a literally infinite supply of both.

Yeah, I feel it would've worked far better if the stronghold upgrades didn't exist that gave you unlimited supplies of ammo/fuel. Would've been better to increase scrap amounts a bit and make you barter for supplies when you were at an upgraded HQ.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Being able to adjust the difficulty mid-game in Saints Row is practically essential unless you're just playing on easy anyway. Also, just play on easy, it's more fun. The hard bits go from frustrating to challenging and the easy bits were going to be easy no matter what.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Yes, on 3 different playthroughs (360 and ps4) :negative:

Definitely put the game on easy.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I mean, just take the food for example. Your settlers all need 1 unit of food to eat. Settlers told to farm can work on up to 6 food plants. You need water to let them grow. All the different types of food only give 0.5 food units, except for mutfruit.

And nothing more about it. There's no bonuses for different types of food, and much of it is a hassle to grow. Very little of it is of use; you have to harvest the few that are useful by hand to get any decent qualities because they don't stockpile them well. Rather than having different drawbacks or advantages to food, there's just one way better than the others.

Ech.

I've read that growing a variety of food crops will increase happiness over just going for the optimal mutfruit orchard. Buuuut the settlement system is so fuckin half-assed that there is absolutely no feedback or even a settlement overview ui to let you know that

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Another Dragon's Dogma: It's really easy to click through all the dialogue and attack the NPC you were just talking to by accident, there really should be a setting to not do that.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Final Fantasy XIII obviously has a whole host of major problems, but a little quibble that's bugging me as I ignore the big stuff to enjoy the combat is how in the last couple of chapters, for some reason, every cutscene is preceded by an unskippable in-engine bit of your active party walking forward a few steps. It serves no purpose except drawing out the interruption to the gameplay.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I for one am glad Darkest Dungeon is out of Early Access. I am in love with the atmosphere, music and most of all art-style; and have been a happy on-off player since a friend linked it to me not long after it became available on Steam.

I am awful at it though; but am planning on doing an LP of some sort for it because it's so drat fun and I wanna share it with people.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

While i love the weapons in bloodborne, the combat is complete poo poo. The timing for when you parry an enemy's attack with a shot feels completely arbitrary and changes with every enemy, and 3 out of 4 times id just get hit exactly as I parried the enemy and accomplish nothing. Also half the bosses are just "humanoid/beast that spams melee attacks and powers up at half health.", and locking on to them feels like a trap because its faster to just run around them , and lockon is terrible, id throw a moltov at a stationary enemy and it would go over thier head.

But the part i actually wanted to complain about is that i was going to do all three endings in order to see them all, but after doing the first one, it automatically booted me to new game plus and autosaved, so i guess i dont get to play the final boss fight. would have been nice to not regress from dark souls 2 and actually let me choose when to do new game plus, because i dont want to play through this game again. Apparently I could have tried backing up the save maybe? would have been nice to know from the start.

Tengames has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Jan 26, 2016

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tengames posted:

While i love the weapons in bloodborne, the combat is complete poo poo. The timing for when you parry an enemy's attack with a shot feels completely arbitrary and changes with every enemy, and 3 out of 4 times id just get hit exactly as I parried the enemy and accomplish nothing. Also half the bosses are just "humanoid/beast that spams melee attacks and powers up at half health.", and locking on to them feels like a trap because its faster to just run around them , and lockon is terrible, id throw a moltov at a stationary enemy and it would go over thier head.

But the part i actually wanted to complain about is that i was going to do all three endings in order to see them all, but after doing the first one, it automatically booted me to new game plus and autosaved, so i guess i dont get to play the final boss fight. would have been nice to not regress from dark souls 2 and actually let me choose when to do new game plus, because i dont want to play through this game again. Apparently I could have tried backing up the save maybe? would have been nice to know from the start.

I feel like how you played DS will inform how much issues you have with Bloodborne upfront. I could never really get a feel for shields in DS and always opted for as little armor as possible to just roll around things, and even eventually stopped using lock on because I felt like it was a trap, so combat hasn't changed that much for me. I appreciate that it will for others.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Max posted:

I feel like how you played DS will inform how much issues you have with Bloodborne upfront. I could never really get a feel for shields in DS and always opted for as little armor as possible to just roll around things, and even eventually stopped using lock on because I felt like it was a trap, so combat hasn't changed that much for me. I appreciate that it will for others.

In DS i use healing miracles, pyromancy, and heavy armor and weapons, so my playstyle didnt exactly work as well in this game. The lack of pyromancy hurts even more because you can clearly see some bosses using it, though i got far enough into the dlc area for the boom hammer, and that sorta made up for it.(and moltovs plus oil are relatively cheap and effective)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

One of the best things they did with Bloodborne is make stuff like the cocktails scale with a stat. If you're bomb happy, you can proceed to be bomb happy for a good long while as an arcane character.