Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

So this is odd. I'm in a small guild run by a teenager. Apparently she was dumb enough to leave her mats for a Legendary in the guild bank after inviting some new pub into it. Now the pub has run off with all the mats and she's crying because she has no idea what to do. Since this was all technically kosher I imagine customer support will do jack poo poo so I told her to post a sob story on the GW2 reddit and forums. Not really asking for advice, just sharing the schadenfreude.

It's her alt and she's scamming you to get (even more) mats for her legendary out of pity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Shab posted:

Revenant is really clicking with me, the first class to really do so despite having some 150 odd hours into GW2. It's too bad I wasted all that time getting two characters to 60 before giving it a try :negative:

Trying a Revenant after playing Tempest and Chronomancer was like turning the difficulty slider all the way to the very bottom.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ItBurns posted:

It's her alt and she's scamming you to get (even more) mats for her legendary out of pity.

In the end the thief took:

* 11 Gold
* 250 Ectos
* 44 Powerful Blood
* 84 Powerful Venom Sacs
* 126 Armored Scale
* 75 Ancient Bones
* 45 Vicious Fang
* 33 Elaborate Totem
* 19 Crystalline Dust
* 65 Vicious Claws

I'm tempted to post the thief's account name for some good ol' fashioned harassment, but then I recall that the girl really was stupid enough to put all those mats in a loving Guild Bank, and I'm surprised this didn't happen way sooner.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
/shrug Only thing she can do is report it and hope for a kindly dev that will take pity and send her some free mats, it's not exactly stealing if it's in the guild bank and open to all. I've been in WOW guilds where all sorts of expensive stuff has been left by rich people to help the newbies out, person who took it is just going to say they thought it was her being generous and gifting legendary mats.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

learnincurve posted:

/shrug Only thing she can do is report it and hope for a kindly dev that will take pity and send her some free mats, it's not exactly stealing if it's in the guild bank and open to all. I've been in WOW guilds where all sorts of expensive stuff has been left by rich people to help the newbies out, person who took it is just going to say they thought it was her being generous and gifting legendary mats.

Yeah, when I put mats in the Guild Bank it's so someone else can use them. I'd never use it for storage. Besides, can't you store something like 1500 in each slot on the mat tab?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

flosofl posted:

Yeah, when I put mats in the Guild Bank it's so someone else can use them. I'd never use it for storage. Besides, can't you store something like 1500 in each slot on the mat tab?

250 unless you buy the storage expanders (+250 per expander).

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Trying a Revenant after playing Tempest and Chronomancer was like turning the difficulty slider all the way to the very bottom.

I am okay with this. I am not a proud man.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

learnincurve posted:

Well exactly. That's what I told her after her initial panic had calmed down. As kindly as possible-- "you done hosed up kid, sorry."

Still, the thief is a little poo poo. Dude sat in the guild for weeks helping out, participating, and generally building trust and pulled this out of nowhere. It wasn't some random pub who joined and pulled out the second he realized good mats were up for grabs.

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
I recall seeing some posts about wondering whether or not the expansion was worth it to buy, and mentions that it would be worth it if it ever went on sale, and it's currently on sale for $35 on DLGamer (which is an official partner): http://www.dlgamer.us/download-guild_wars_2_heart_of_thorns-pc_games-p-29808.html

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Magres posted:

And from what I remember people saying, the first GW1 xpac was pretty mediocre and the second one was really good, so here's to cautious optimism!

Factions had Alliance Battles, and two legitimately fun PvP scenario things (Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry). Heart of Thorns had Stronghold. Mediocre would be a step up.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

orcane posted:

250 unless you buy the storage expanders (+250 per expander).

Yeah, that's right (for 1500 max, right?). My Gem Store purchases all blur together.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Finally, the best guild war fan art.

artist's tumblr

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Has there been any mention of client performance improvements in the winter patch? I didn't see anything in a quick scan of dulfy or the official site. I have a pretty low-spec GPU at the moment :v:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Late Unpleasantness posted:

Finally, the best guild war fan art.

artist's tumblr

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Check it out, I'm a fuckin bird

also have been told I should name change back to Goshawk.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

tbf I told you that you shouldn't have renamed it in the first place :goshawk:

Also sorry for not having time to do anything on the weekend, friends, RL stuff got in the way

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Has there been any mention of client performance improvements in the winter patch? I didn't see anything in a quick scan of dulfy or the official site. I have a pretty low-spec GPU at the moment :v:

I haven't seen anything as far as performance boosts but I've played it at the lowest settings on the skylake integrated graphics, which is HD 520 iirc. Overworld PvE is fine but don't expect to raid/pvp or do anything crazy with it.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

tbf that doesn't look like a lorikeet now does it

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Make a new daredevil, have both!

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Is there a class that is really useful for end game PVE content? What I have seen so far suggests that as long as you DPS you are okay, and a class that focuses in other things, like tanking or healing, are considered more of a hindrance.

Lata jie
Oct 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

That... has happened to me, and I don't even own the bird that hides in that spot of the desk....

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cougar cub posted:

Is there a class that is really useful for end game PVE content? What I have seen so far suggests that as long as you DPS you are okay, and a class that focuses in other things, like tanking or healing, are considered more of a hindrance.

What endgame pve content are you referring to? If raids, I've heard there are some classes that are less than optimal. If anything other than raids, literally play anything you want.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Well good news, it's getting nerfed on Tuesday! How bad? We don't know since we only have partial notes on changes.

as a power rev main i can tell you the nerfs are not kind and will make this class a lot less fun to play

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

cougar cub posted:

Classes don't have roles by design, but some happen to be much better suited for raid healing than others (currently Ranger and Elementalist.)

Warriors and Elementalists are probably the most popular for PvE by volume. Mesmer, Ranger, and Revenant have strong enough group buffs that you should see one of each in a raid group, but you don't need more than that, where Warrior and Elementalists sort of fill out the 'extra dps' slots usually.

Thief is the only class that's really unpopular for raids at the moment, but they can still justify their spot, and there's buffs of some kind incoming for them on Tuesday.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guys, guys, guys.

Mesmers have illusions that they shatter.

Like shattering your illusions.
I just now got that.

omg PC stands for "personal computer"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

CLAM DOWN posted:

What endgame pve content are you referring to? If raids, I've heard there are some classes that are less than optimal. If anything other than raids, literally play anything you want.

I like to play thief, how hosed am i

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Thief is the only class that's really unpopular for raids at the moment, but they can still justify their spot, and there's buffs of some kind incoming for them on Tuesday.

Nooooooooooooo. I love playing my thief right now. I just discovered I could use bows! :saddowns:

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Unless you are doing raids or speedrunning dungeons there is no reason to be concerned with class balance. Everything is fun and viable otherwise.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I wouldn't worry about basing anything on raids, thief isn't that terrible and raids are a pretty small part of a large game. Hell the team already got downsized and by the time to third raid wing is out in November it'll be the last one in the game.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

You can kill at least the first raid boss with a group of 10 guardians, or a precisely tuned group of 5 people. They're not so tightly tuned that bringing a Thief will ruin anything, but you'll probably never catch a raid leader asking if anyone can jump on their Thief before any of the better choices.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Not played in a bit did they ever change dungeons back to not being worthless?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Rakeris posted:

Not played in a bit did they ever change dungeons back to not being worthless?

No, and in fact the removal of decent rewards from dungeons was a deliberate act intended to encourage players to play fractals/raids/HoT content instead. Do not expect it to change any time soon.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Generic Octopus posted:

No, and in fact the removal of decent rewards from dungeons was a deliberate act intended to encourage players to play fractals/raids/HoT content instead. Do not expect it to change any time soon.

Well that sucks.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
So what new hot content is the gold maker of choice now?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Attestant posted:

HoT map meta events, and fractals.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Attestant posted:

Raids are actually a pretty good source of gold for around ~1 hour of play once a week. Fractals and gathering are also good money makers. Besides that there isn't much else I can think of. HoT severly reduced liquid gold and nerfed a bunch of older stuff like SW. T5/6 prices are also in the crapper.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Twitch esports being advertised on loading screens :negative:

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
I caved and bought the game and im sure a sale was coming soon. Bleh.

So what are some essentials to get with gems? I was told one of the items was copper operated salvage machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
New account pack? the XP boosts are worth it and you don't need to save them because the game does not have a wow style leveling system with higher levels being such a time sink. Gotta get those people leveled quick so they buy more alt slots innit.

• Locked thread