Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

HGH posted:

It's just the Afro Samurai 2 objectives someone pasted onto a loading screen, found it in a comments section for a WWE 2k16 Royal Rumble video.

Boo! Considering some of the wrestling games that have cropped up on Rustlemania, it was in the realm of possiblity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Invictus posted:

One bad experience means every other kickstarter isn't worth it ever? That's a real bummer of a mindset. I've backed dozens of kickstarters and this is the only one I've had issues with, though it will still come out and probably be fine.

I didn't want to go into every bad experience I had. I also backed Double Fine's games. The Homestuck game that (allegedly) had its funds stolen by the Fine Gentlemen and Shantae which I still don't think is anywhere near done. For every Undertale there's like 3 other projects that seems to go sideways and I'd rather just wait on the finished game.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Captain Invictus posted:

One bad experience means every other kickstarter isn't worth it ever? That's a real bummer of a mindset. I've backed dozens of kickstarters and this is the only one I've had issues with, though it will still come out and probably be fine.

This isn't even a relatively bad Kickstarter experience in the first place. At least MN9's devs put out regular updates and the game is on track to be released at some point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kickstarting is pretty much in the same place as pre-ordering a game for me. I don't do it unless I'm almost 100% sure it's going to get released and that I will like the end product.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 25, 2016

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

^^^ I'm with Andrast.

Captain Invictus posted:

One bad experience is often all it takes to turn people away from lots of things, not just Kickstarter!

I'd be pretty pissed if my money looked like it was going to waste on someone else's project, too. I donate to charities only after I've researched their use of that money, and for me, Kickstarters are basically charities. If I don't feel confident about my investment, I don't make the investment.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

cmykjester posted:

I didn't want to go into every bad experience I had. I also backed Double Fine's games. The Homestuck game that (allegedly) had its funds stolen by the Fine Gentlemen and Shantae which I still don't think is anywhere near done. For every Undertale there's like 3 other projects that seems to go sideways and I'd rather just wait on the finished game.

Wait what happened to the Homestuck game?

All I know is that it was a thing that was being made and nothing else and haven't exactly looked into it as I'm not interested in the game itself.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Supposedly the company responsible for it took the money to make the King's Quest episodic game, forcing the dude who makes the comic to make the game himself.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wait what happened to the Homestuck game?

All I know is that it was a thing that was being made and nothing else and haven't exactly looked into it as I'm not interested in the game itself.

If I recall correctly, remember that King's Quest game made by The Odd Gentlemen?

Supposedly they took the homestuck money to make KQ instead.

edit: beat'd but yeah.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Shindragon posted:

If I recall correctly, remember that King's Quest game made by The Odd Gentlemen?

Supposedly they took the homestuck money to make KQ instead.

edit: beat'd but yeah.

They also supposedly did the same thing to some game Neil Gaiman contracted them for (took that money to also work on king's quest instead)

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
This is the most recent update on the Homestuck game. The game itself was recently redesigned from a 3D adventure game to a 2D one. Regardless of the veracity of the rumors why The Odd Gentlemen were dropped, the development of the game went from contracting a professional developer, to setting up a new dev studio in New York, to closing the new studio and switching to decentralised development.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Much as I don't like Homestuck, I do hope it goes through cuz goddamn when was this KS'd, like what 3 to 4 years ago?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hivebent seems like a Skullgirls-level tale of developmental fuckery, with Hussie on the hosed side. There's even this weird period of radio silence with sporadic "hey, we're still here" updates. MN9 is this weird delayed schedule that doesn't make sense. Then you have Tale of Games' pulling the Nicalis official statement and Barkley 2 will never come out ever.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
They said when Barkley 2 would come out. 11/11/2023. The reunion is at hand.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I believe in Barkley 2.

I am also glad I didn't ks it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

They said when Barkley 2 would come out. 11/11/2023. The reunion is at hand.

it really should have been 11/11/2013

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Zm1HChZaA

Super, totally on time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
holy poo poo 3 hours, please

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Are we gonna get a Super Worst of 2014 video too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Super Best Gamescast

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rodyle posted:

I believe in Barkley 2.

Yup

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I changed my mind, Woolie and Pat should totally read through Naruto, I need that podcast segment.

E: listening to them comment and theorycraft based on Part 1 and scraps of Boruto info is like listening to someone do it for Bloodborne's nightmare based only on the lecture hall and the Childhood's End cutscene

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 25, 2016

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Rodyle posted:

I believe in Barkley 2.

I've thrown $10 down worse holes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I was like "huh, yeah, that's super on time" then I scrolled down the list and slowly realized something was wrong.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I saw some poo poo at my bumfuck in the middle of nowhere game store that turned me white. Well whiter.

Also I was in a generous mood so I picked up something for the Zaibatsu.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

That whale is super happy

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

$8 for The Bible Game ????

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

goldblums eyes posted:

$8 for The Bible Game ????

No no, don't you see the blank spaces, that's 8 cents my friend

It's the only thing that would make sense imo

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo I just read the back of these and goddamn...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lol Woolie bringing Titanfall to the table

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Rodyle posted:

No no no, the table is not a toilet Woolie

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Matt I hope you're dusting off your original Xbox because The Bible Game features music from the hottest Christian artists including TobyMac, Newsboys, Kutless, Jeremy Camp and more. A biblical scholar such as yourself should appreciate this game.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Woolie's the bible scholar due to his millennia of being trapped in a church with only the tomes to read.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Titanfall was fun, it made CoD less stale poo poo too so I'mma give it some respect too.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

titanfall took all of the boring defensive bullshit out of call of duty and encouraged pure offense like no other modern shooter

im really interested in titanfall 2

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
2014? The gently caress?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

2014? The gently caress?

Super on time.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
It's also accurate to the end of Matt's Best of 2013 video where it says "look forward to our Best of 2014 lists in 2016!"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

havenwaters posted:

They also supposedly did the same thing to some game Neil Gaiman contracted them for (took that money to also work on king's quest instead)
Both of those situations seem rather illegal

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Captain Invictus posted:

Both of those situations seem rather illegal

Kickstarter doesn't give a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dias posted:

Hivebent seems like a Skullgirls-level tale of developmental fuckery, with Hussie on the hosed side. There's even this weird period of radio silence with sporadic "hey, we're still here" updates. MN9 is this weird delayed schedule that doesn't make sense. Then you have Tale of Games' pulling the Nicalis official statement and Barkley 2 will never come out ever.

Could be worse. Frog Fractions 2 still hasn't come out (I think) and if it ever does come out, we might not even know!