Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Powerfrog posted:

Can I get some Roguelike recommendations?

Also, which of the DOZENS of dwarf fortress LPs is the best (preferably recent)? The master list marks most of them as abandoned, but given the nature of the game that's to be expected I suppose.
Related: Are there any decent, somewhat-educational Dwarf Fortress adventure mode LPs? There's a brief one in the roguelike megathread, but as the intro says, the player has played it for years and is effectively still going in blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Does anyone know a good and informative let's play of The Last Story?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

VolticSurge posted:

Well, BaerTaffy is pretty competent at the game and doesn't do facecam poo poo.
On Twitch, BIlly1Kirby is pretty entertaining,even though he does do facecam,he's not obnoxious. Some of the people in his chat are though,be warned.

I'll check them out, cheers.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

Well, BaerTaffy is pretty competent at the game and doesn't do facecam poo poo.

I really like this guy's Spelunky vids.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Zain posted:

Does anyone know a good and informative let's play of The Last Story?

I dunno about informative, but the Pork Lift & wateyad one is very good.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
It's very informative about how not to play the game :v:
(It's good though just don't expect serious play)

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Yeah I'm kinda expecting serious play...

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
They were very serious about fashion.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I want a let's play similar to the hilarious train-wreck of gameplay + giggling like mad shits that was the Saints Row 2 LP.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

jon joe posted:

I want a let's play similar to the hilarious train-wreck of gameplay + giggling like mad shits that was the Saints Row 2 LP.

Mercenaries 2 would probably fill a similar niche. The LP is practically ancient at this point and you probably already know about it, but god damnit, I just watched it for the first time like a month ago, so it counts to me.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

TheMcD posted:

Mercenaries 2 would probably fill a similar niche. The LP is practically ancient at this point and you probably already know about it, but god damnit, I just watched it for the first time like a month ago, so it counts to me.

The same guys also did an LP of Lost Planet 2 ,which I remember being pretty good.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
Anybody know of a subtitle VLP for Silent Hill 3? All the VLPs in the archive are voiceover commentary, and I don't mind the Run Button guys' LPs generally, but I feel like Silent Hill relies a lot on sound to help create the environment and voiceovers take away from that.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

jon joe posted:

I haven't watched the SR2 LP and I'm not sure if we're supposed to recommend LPs that are closer to finished, but the Coolguye/TheLastRoboKy/Orv Dishonored LP has a fair bit of trainwreck and a lot of giggling.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

my dog boyfriend!! posted:

Anybody know of a subtitle VLP for Silent Hill 3? All the VLPs in the archive are voiceover commentary, and I don't mind the Run Button guys' LPs generally, but I feel like Silent Hill relies a lot on sound to help create the environment and voiceovers take away from that.

I haven't gotten to making one of my own yet... :/

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

VoidBurger posted:

I haven't gotten to making one of my own yet... :/

Might I take this opportunity to gently but wholeheartedly encourage you because you're basically the MVP of Silent Hilling?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Are there any decent Pony Island VLPs out there?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's not an LP, but TieTuesday's stream of it (part 2) is pretty good.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

my dog boyfriend!! posted:

Might I take this opportunity to gently but wholeheartedly encourage you because you're basically the MVP of Silent Hilling?
Awwwwww shucks, that's very nice of you to say! Thanks!

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

pumpinglemma posted:

Are there any decent Pony Island VLPs out there?

Also not a proper LP, but SuperGreatFriend recently did a pretty good stream of it too.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Now that Chip Cheezum finished Watch_NintenDogzandCatz, is there any good VLP of the DLC? He said he isn't doing that and I hear the hero in that is actually likable.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is this Ok enough?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSF8Sc0fOdw

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm trying to remember the name of a game that I read an LP of; it was a heavily story based RPG, made in the RPG maker (I think), where your main character is a woman who is on some mysterious island. There are journal pages scattered about telling the story of the game; enemies appeared on the field and you could dodge around them, and battles started off stupidly hard. I don't remember much else about the game, and I did a terrible job of describing it, but I know someone here will know what game I mean.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Leavemywife posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a game that I read an LP of; it was a heavily story based RPG, made in the RPG maker (I think), where your main character is a woman who is on some mysterious island. There are journal pages scattered about telling the story of the game; enemies appeared on the field and you could dodge around them, and battles started off stupidly hard. I don't remember much else about the game, and I did a terrible job of describing it, but I know someone here will know what game I mean.

Demon King Chronicle.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Yes, that's exactly it! Thank you!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Anyone know of a Borderlands 1 LP that's slightly less of a... wreck than the archive one? It's okay for a bit of fun but I have no idea what's going on in the game and the technical side is slightly iffy at best.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
You all really need to go watch Coolguye's Dishonored playthroughs.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I have to second this. This entire thread is really, really entertaining. I quite like the contrast between the high and low chaos runs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
More people should be watching the Devil's Third LP by ChaosArgate, Artix, and Jobbo_Fett. The game is a solid rocket booster of crazy that kicks in hard right from the opening seconds and never lets up. It's a big budget B-movie that knows exactly what it is and has a ton of fun with your expectations of it.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
This is probably a tall order, but are there any good VLPs of World of Warcraft (even non-SA ones)? I'm not looking for something amazing and tightly edited, just something relaxing and moderately entertaining, basically just leveling up and chilling. An Ironman Challenge LP could be fun.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I've been really really enjoying habeasdorkus' Football Manager 2014 LP lately. I don't really follow football at all, but the lengthy process of him starting at the lowest league and constantly improving to reach the very top has made it a very fun read with some genuine nail biting moments.

Are there more LPs like this, where it starts off as a nobody loser but slow steady progression ends in greatness? (I appreciate that's like, the entire plot of most video games, I guess I mean more specifically something that's done over a series of months/years in game, with objective data and figures to show progress, rather than an end cutscene.)

Didja Redo's Gazillionaire Deluxe LP comes to mind as similar and also very enjoyable.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
I am currently stuck in bed, sick as hell. Need something relaxing to watch that won't keep me awake if I start drifting off. Something along the lines of that Aquaria LP from the archives. Please help my fever addled brain find peace, fellow goons.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Have you seen Research Indicates' Trespasser LP? It's pretty well known so I'm guessing yes but I fell asleep to it a few times. Not because it's boring but it's very chill/informative.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

DrKirre posted:

I am currently stuck in bed, sick as hell. Need something relaxing to watch that won't keep me awake if I start drifting off. Something along the lines of that Aquaria LP from the archives. Please help my fever addled brain find peace, fellow goons.
It was probably this thread I got it from, but I've been watching Cameron Kunzelman's Rollercoaster Tycoon LP, and it's pretty relaxed. He's basically trying to be Bob Ross.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

For chill LPs you really can't go wrong with CannibalK9's LP of The Void or his LP of The Talos Principle. The Void was hosted on blip/viddler but there's an internet archive link at the top of the LP archive page. They're both super chilled out LPs though, and CK9 has a really relaxing voice to listen to!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

For chill LPs you really can't go wrong with CannibalK9's LP of The Void or his LP of The Talos Principle. The Void was hosted on blip/viddler but there's an internet archive link at the top of the LP archive page. They're both super chilled out LPs though, and CK9 has a really relaxing voice to listen to!

The Void has a youtube playlist as well: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8F47C6867017A55

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
Dogsicle, Faerie Fortune, Nihilarian: thank you very much. These are exactly what I need right now.

Herr Zwiebel
Apr 25, 2009

Worry Not,
Wonder Not.
Grimey Drawer
Does anybody know a tolerable video LP of Ultima VII? I am drowning in nostalgia but I don't have the time to play it myself :(

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Mmm... wet food...

Herr Zwiebel posted:

Does anybody know a tolerable video LP of Ultima VII? I am drowning in nostalgia but I don't have the time to play it myself :(

Kikoskia has one that is quite lovely. youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PL2786D82261BE70A9 is the playlist for it.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Does anyone know what happened to SuddenJavelin and (hopefully) what he's commentating on now? I watch his and Arthur's stream/LP of Clock Tower almost fortnightly and it's starting to get old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Lacedaemonius posted:

Does anyone know what happened to SuddenJavelin and (hopefully) what he's commentating on now? I watch his and Arthur's stream/LP of Clock Tower almost fortnightly and it's starting to get old.

i sometimes hang around arthur's whole community and the dude unfortunately just kinda seemed to dissapear from the internet a while back.