Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The half-a press QPU videos are amazing because they are a monument to a mind-blowing amounts of thought and effort into such infinitesimal useless poo poo. It's basically a doctoral thesis on Super Mario 64 and puts more analysis and deconstruction into the mechanics far beyond what any of the actual programmers or Miyamoto put into the games themselves. The endless elaboration and droning of the save file menu theme bore themselves into your head until your brain turns into mush and you can't even comprehend what the guy is talking about after 10 minutes. The sheer autism is so intense that you feel like you're developing it yourself by proxy. The author's disbelief at people not taking the simple effort of delving into his sea of paragraphs in the video's description to find the explanation then spending 25 minutes talking non-stop about QPUs and the scuttlebug's home and parallel universes and other bullshit jargon he came up with on the fly but treats as if these are commonly used terms in the Super Mario 64 quantum scientist community is the icing on the cake.

The first time I watched the video through, I felt like I was being subjected to mental torture. The second time, though, I was just in awe of the quantum singularity I was witnessing.

It's beautiful.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 19:46 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The half-a press QPU videos are amazing because they are a monument to a mind-blowing amounts of thought and effort into such infinitesimal useless poo poo. It's basically a doctoral thesis on Super Mario 64 and puts more analysis and deconstruction into the mechanics far beyond any of the actual programmers or Miyamoto put into the games themselves. The endless elaboration and droning of the save file menu theme bore themselves into your head until your brain turns into mush and you can't even comprehend what the guy is talking about after 10 minutes. The sheer autism is so intense that you feel like you're developing it yourself by proxy. The author's disbelief at people not taking the simple effort of delving into his sea of paragraphs in the video's description to find the explanation then spending 25 minutes talking non-stop about QPUs and the scuttlebug's home and parallel universes and other bullshit he came up with on the fly but treats as if these are commonly used terms in the Super Mario 64 quantum scientist community is the icing on the cake.

The first time I watched the video through, I felt like I was being subjected to mental torture. The second time, though, I was just in awe of the quantum singularity I was witnessing.

It's beautiful.

I wanted to bold every part of this post that I thought was important, but then I realized the whole thing would be bolded. I decided to just bold one thing, but wanted to let you and others know my struggle and sentiments.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/bgoN3hl.gifv

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lemme fix that for you because it owns.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The half-a press QPU videos are amazing because they are a monument to a mind-blowing amounts of thought and effort into such infinitesimal useless poo poo. It's basically a doctoral thesis on Super Mario 64 and puts more analysis and deconstruction into the mechanics far beyond what any of the actual programmers or Miyamoto put into the games themselves. The endless elaboration and droning of the save file menu theme bore themselves into your head until your brain turns into mush and you can't even comprehend what the guy is talking about after 10 minutes. The sheer autism is so intense that you feel like you're developing it yourself by proxy. The author's disbelief at people not taking the simple effort of delving into his sea of paragraphs in the video's description to find the explanation then spending 25 minutes talking non-stop about QPUs and the scuttlebug's home and parallel universes and other bullshit jargon he came up with on the fly but treats as if these are commonly used terms in the Super Mario 64 quantum scientist community is the icing on the cake.

It's beautiful.

I remember listening/watching something long about OoT speed running, but it was fun and interesting. Guess it's that spas of the spectrum.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Half A button press is an early contender for MOTY (Meme Of The Year)

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This is literally mankind's the single greatest achievement.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's beautiful.

The programmers DID think of lots of this stuff - which is why they do the "make sure all the places Mario says he moved through are valid" thing with the Quarter Distances. The only thing they really missed was the way to gain infinite speed.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

theflyingorc posted:

The programmers DID think of lots of this stuff - which is why they do the "make sure all the places Mario says he moved through are valid" thing with the Quarter Distances. The only thing they really missed was the way to gain infinite speed.

I will bet you all the money I have that the programmers sure as poo poo did not involve parallel universes or scuttlebug's home or whatever the hell in developing Super Mario 64.

E: you keep doing this contrarian thing here and in the Bundy Ranch thread in DnD despite knowing the context of what people are talking about. I can't tell if you're being earnest or just doing a posting gimmick. :shrug:

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Jan 25, 2016

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

Half A button press is an early contender for MOTY (Meme Of The Year)

It'll show up at the end of the year and people will be genuinely surprised to remember that it was a thing.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I will bet you all the money I have that the programmers sure as poo poo did not involve parallel universes or scuttlebug's home or whatever the hell in developing Super Mario 64.

Scuttlebug homes definitely came up. It's a core function of how that enemy works and was specifically designed in to the game. Raising scuttlebugs, on the other hand, probably did not factor in to QA testing, because why the gently caress would anybody want to move a scuttlebug to the ceiling?

And I'll even bet parallel universes came up in so much as "If the player manages to leave the intended area of play, the game crashes as the camera follows them." "Is there a way for a player to do that?" "Not that I'm aware of, no." "Ok sounds great".

Wait, gently caress, a seriospost... it's spreading, save me tj 'Henry' yoshi

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

What is the meme of the year 2015?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

spurdo sparde :DD :d:D:d:DD:d:D

meemes be memes dads grabe :DD:D:d:D:d:D

suomi suprdo gabe me da benis:DD:D::d:D:DD

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

a good meme

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

tomstuart posted:

spurdo sparde :DD :d:D:d:DD:d:D

meemes be memes dads grabe :DD:D:d:D:d:D

suomi suprdo gabe me da benis:DD:D::d:D:DD

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gondola

quote:

Gondola was not a mistake

Gondolas are relaxed, harmless creatures that observe their environment. They rarely interfere anything, but just keep observing. They rarely talk, just look around and smile. This makes them very different from other creatures such as spurdo, that feel, pepe, yoba, etc.

Gondola is the silent walker. Having no hands he embodies the Taoist
principle of wu-wei (non-action) while his smiling facial expression
shows his utter and complete acceptance of the world as it is.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hmm, no.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
Warren for MOTY 2016.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

goddamn loving owned

i got loving butt owned

owned in the butt by an internet meme

wow

poo poo gently caress

i got chuck tingled'

drat boy howdy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Serious Reply:

2015 was clearly the year of mr skeltal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIWLRvc7gQ

So now we can lay it to rest and enjoy the hot memes of 2016.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

gently caress yeah thanks mr skelrtal

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Serious Reply:

2015 was clearly the year of mr skeltal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIWLRvc7gQ

So now we can lay it to rest and enjoy the hot memes of 2016.

Under normal circumstances I would insist that mr skeltal is the meme of all years, even retroactively to ones before he became a meme, but man, if there was ever a contender it's this Mario business. Dankest loving memes. We're living in a Golden Age, gentlegoons.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
2015 was The Year Korgan Arose in All His Glory

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
thank mr skeltal

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Does anyone actually think the mr skeltal poo poo is funny? I honestly can't tear through the layers of irony anymore.

Bring back classic memes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aggro posted:

Does anyone actually think the mr skeltal poo poo is funny? I honestly can't tear through the layers of irony anymore.

Oh man, thanks for the reminder. Good night, everyone.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
God drat it, why am I addicted to this stupid 0.5 a-button press meme poo poo? I'm hooked. :f5:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Aggro posted:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aggro posted:

yes and this is funny too

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jmcrofts posted:

Someone should photoshop this into a subtle goatse. 'Cuz that's all I see.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

skeltal is good, but rare pepe is my personal favorite meme of 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Jmcrofts posted:

Holy poo poo, this is incredible.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

El Burbo posted:

skeltal is good, but rare pepe is my personal favorite meme of 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's beautiful.

You watched it loving twice?!

• Locked thread