Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
stop the gassing
This poll is closed.
mods knew 267 55.39%
goku 215 44.61%
Total: 343 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Chill la Chill posted:

What happened to Mike?

gently caress off :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

VikingSkull posted:

this is where an ex mod perpetuates a derail so the other mod has an excuse to close the thread

yeah idk why people keep responding to them.

Ohhai posted:

Called the new funeral home next to Doobie, and spoke to a lady called Janette who said as far as she's aware, there are no plans for any extension beyond a chapel at the back of the property (Which wouldn't be where Doobie is), and she knows nothing about extending the car park, also asked if she knew what that shack was next door, and she said she thinks it's a food place, but never sees anyone there, "not even sure if it is open."

lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ohhai posted:

Called the new funeral home next to Doobie, and spoke to a lady called Janette who said as far as she's aware, there are no plans for any extension beyond a chapel at the back of the property (Which wouldn't be where Doobie is), and she knows nothing about extending the car park, also asked if she knew what that shack was next door, and she said she thinks it's a food place, but never sees anyone there, "not even sure if it is open."

LOL. :five: #ReasonsThreadShouldStayAlive :five:

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i wish we could get some clarification from the 'tax on twitter as to what this whole quarterly payment hubbub is about

is it

a - lawsuit settlement (over loving what though)
b - go away money to keep doobie from bothering lowtax
c - some kind of partnership b/c mods knew and were in on this all along to bring more goons to SA
d - insane ramblings of an alabama redneck
e - im gay

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Eonwe posted:

boy howdy i sure am sad i decided to die on the hill of 'doobie is funny, but perhaps old stale threads where people are pulling his children into the mix should possibly be gassed'

thanks for opening my eyes, GBS

Nah, run the joke into the ground forever and ever and ever.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

More importantly we need the numbers on how Doob is keeping the site alive. Someone call Steadfast and see if they have any combos

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Hmm, thread was funny, then mods showed up and thread is poo poo. Wonder what happened?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Ohhai posted:

isnt this the weird goon behaviour
like youre being a weirdo
and the guy who is all 5'ing it big time
another weirdo

right?

edit: maybe its not weird? whatever

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 25, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Hmm, thread was funny, then mods showed up and thread is poo poo. Wonder what happened?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spanish Manlove posted:

Nah, run the joke into the ground forever and ever and ever.

:ironicat:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ohhai posted:

It's almost like Doobie created a story out of thin air as a way to justify his failure.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Here's a timeline:
2013-2014
- Charming man in rural Alabama (Doobie) has a successful hot dog cart/trailer thing. Wants to upgrade so he makes a kickstarter

- The SomethingAwful Forums gets wind of it, decides it's a good cause, and raises him 300% of the money he requested (~$14,000). Of particular note, mods Noni and Soundmonkey champion the gently caress out of him and vouch for his good character

- Instead of making the most kick-rear end hot dog cart ever, Doobie decides to enter the restaurant game (which has a 93% failure rate) and rents a literal shack.

- Doobie renegs on almost all his kickstarter promises. Even simple stuff like making a relish dog and calling it the frog dog. Responds to all complaints by being a smug jerk.

- Doobie proceeds to fix up the shack so it is serviceable, selling his truck and his boat to afford these updates. Oh, I forgot to mention he rented it sight unseen so there were lots of revelations like flooding during rains and no vent hood.

- Sometime during this period, Doobie joins a White Pride facebook page. Also makes a few questionable comments, like claiming "some black lady" had hacked his twitter when someone had merely posted a photoshopped version.

- Doobie sets up said shack with no signage, bathrooms, or parking, across the street from a fully functional Subway restaurant. Fills no ads, counting on "trucker CB chatter" to fuel demand for his hotdogs.

- Doobie announces his hours, including 10-3 PM mondays and wednesdays, and closed Sundays

- Doobie reveals his menu, which looks like it was created by a schizophrenic with Parkinson's:

2014-2015:
Doobie refuses to stop doing retarded poo poo and/or engaging something awful long enough for this whole this to blow over:

- Claims he's talking to lawyers to sue people for... giving him $15K or talking crap about him or something I'm not really sure

- Gets overwhelming support for Hamburger steak special, refuses to make it any time except after 3 PM on Fridays. That's not an exaggeration, literally after 3 PM on Fridays

- Show up in goonchat and acts pretty alright

- Wife goes crazy when gay marriage is legalized. Both post pictures of gay flag on fire and call the employers of every gay person they can find

- Constantly runs out of food

- Complains about price of food, which he is buying at full retail price

- Post incredibly awful pics of food with burnt parts, ridiculously small portions, and customers who look like they don't want to be photographed

- Holds classic car show at his restaurant the same day the town is holding a separate event featuring free hot dogs.

- Closes during Fourth of July, easily the most popular day for hotdogs in America

And so on at least 1-4x per month. For a while there, it felt like every time SA was between doobie threads, or over the whole ordeal, he would step up his frogger-hating game until he got the negative attention he craved. Also, several mods go temporarily insane trying to parse the situation, and GBS 1.0 is scrapped because the tightly regulated forum obviously didn't work if it could crap out something so unbelievably atrocious

2016:

- Claiming business is booming, doob learns that owner is maybe thinking of selling building. Doob closes restaurant immediately, and closes auto business across street which had literally nothing to do with the building

- Tries to sell all his stock on facebook

- Doobie's mom, upon learning that her son's dreams have been dashed and he is broke and jobless, consoles him. OH, no, wait, she actually tries to guilt trip him into giving her some of his bar stools for free

- Doobie vents his anger towards somethingawful. He and his mom rant about how stupid its users are, missing the complete irony that the site is literally the only reason he had a restaurant in the first place.

this was an enjoyable read thank you

also i plan on getting a hotdog from costco this week sometime. value, piled high.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tomstuart posted:

i wish we could get some clarification from the 'tax on twitter
did you try sending a tweet

i mean i would but clearly you know the hard hitting questions to ask

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

FuhrerHat posted:

isnt this the weird goon behaviour
like youre being a weirdo
and the guy who is all 5'ing it big time
another weirdo

right?

edit: maybe its not weird? whatever

one person calling a non-affiliated location to verfiy the story isnt excactly weird but it is a non good thing if many goons do it

hell someone could call the texaco or subway across the street and probably get a lot of good juice on the doobster but nobody has done that

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Drunk Nerds posted:

Here's a timeline:
You forgot to add the part where, shortly after the vent hood fiasco, he actually ran a second kickstarter, and his anger at "bad froggers" seemed to start shortly after it failed. Basically, he acted like SA was screwing him over for not giving him more money and becoming skeptical of his abilities after he spent 3x his original asking amount and still was nowhere close to opening.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i guess i just figure it will justify everything he thinks if someone one of those neighbours says "hey yaknow there wayne, some weird guy called askin about ya"

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

CrashCat posted:

did you try sending a tweet

i mean i would but clearly you know the hard hitting questions to ask

nah my only twitter account is my real name and stuff and im not dragging my self into this mess in real life

like my friends dont need to know that im asking the hard hitting questions about an alabama hot dog man to a missouri internet man

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tomstuart posted:

nah my only twitter account is my real name and stuff and im not dragging my self into this mess in real life

like my friends dont need to know that im asking the hard hitting questions about an alabama hot dog man to a missouri internet man

your reporting is good i just wanted to pose the "we done gone too far" argument but my food is done now so please continue

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FuhrerHat posted:

your reporting is good i just wanted to pose the "we done gone too far" argument but my food is done now so please continue
We went too far over and over, then when we stopped the Doobs would get lonely and do something to get our attention again. It's not even remotely unexpected at this point

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

this was an enjoyable read thank you

also i plan on getting a hotdog from costco this week sometime. value, piled high.

Even better goons who had actual restaurant business experience were skeptical about the whole business idea but got called trolls by certain people.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

CrashCat posted:

We went too far over and over, then when we stopped the Doobs would get lonely and do something to get our attention again. It's not even remotely unexpected at this point

the food i made is awful, free doob

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
so how is the automotive business going? Did he close that too?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
yeah because he only ever changed his own oil and rebuilt his own truck engine

working tehoery is he rented the space just to have a place to work on his own truck away from tasha

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Bonzo posted:

so how is the automotive business going? Did he close that too?

Business is booming! Yes.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

now Doobie's gonna have to go slip in some peepee at the Costco to get enough money to not do any work for another couple years

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Lord of Pie posted:

now Doobie's gonna have to go slip in some peepee at the Costco to get enough money to not do any work for another couple years

hes alreayd married though how is he gonna marry some young blonde and live across the street

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Ohhai posted:

beautiful, magnificent

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

tomstuart posted:

hes alreayd married though how is he gonna marry some young blonde and live across the street

it's okay, Tasha's profile said she was single

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Doobie lost both his truck and bass boat.

I think goons paid 14000 to create a country music song

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Penny's...ON THE DOLLAR

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ROLL TIDE

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Ohhai posted:

i need to re-quote this to say i really hope that this is true and hes been lieing on facebook for 2 years to try and seem cool to goons

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
not gonna lie, if doobie started a new kickstarter to open a new restaurant id donate

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

JakeP posted:

not gonna lie, if doobie started a new kickstarter to open a new restaurant id donate

it wouldnt be the same the magics gone we just need to ride this one out ot the bitter end

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
[snip]

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
There are some poops that can never be untouched. Let's book a funeral for the Dawg Haus.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Even if it was a Filipino / Caribbean fusion place?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

facebook jihad posted:

Penny's...ON THE DOLLAR
what is she doing up there

get down from there Penny :ohdear:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
did anyone ever ask Doob if he accepted bitcoin

he might still be in business if he did