Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes, 7-star gear VII Lumi.

On to the Phasma grind :goonsay:

edit: drat yes, broke 20k power on the ol'Arena squad.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
From the list of known issue:

quote:

Ally points not being rewarded to player who had their hero borrowed

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I'm supposed to be getting points when ya'll use my super leveled Palpatine?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Odds are people aren't using your super leveled Lumis or Palpatines as much as you think because they won't appear in the list if they have their own in the party.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

From the list of known issue:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I'm supposed to be getting points when ya'll use my super leveled Palpatine?

I suspected for quite a while this was the case.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Odds are people aren't using your super leveled Lumis or Palpatines as much as you think because they won't appear in the list if they have their own in the party.

I generally don't use either Phasma or Palpatine in my dark-side/challenge/cantina party, because there are basically no other good leaders.

Yalls Barristas are great for my Lumi lead light side party.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Barry makes light side battles a breeze. A slow, grinding breeze, but still.

If say, Mace Windu was actually an attacker instead of an incredibly lovely tank maybe I'd have some DPS besides Lumi :argh:

You know what's going to be amazing? Whenever they get around to rebalancing a lot of these issues and suddenly turn the SP missions into a murderfest because they forgot to consider how they'd be affected (at least I think they use the same stat lines/skill sets as the ordinary characters, ignoring the ones that we can't get yet).

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Pimpmust posted:

Barry makes light side battles a breeze. A slow, grinding breeze, but still.

If say, Mace Windu was actually an attacker instead of an incredibly lovely tank maybe I'd have some DPS besides Lumi :argh:

You know what's going to be amazing? Whenever they get around to rebalancing a lot of these issues and suddenly turn the SP missions into a murderfest because they forgot to consider how they'd be affected (at least I think they use the same stat lines/skill sets as the ordinary characters, ignoring the ones that we can't get yet).

The missions have Boss level characters which have inflated stats/HP/other bonuses (see Super Chewie and Luke). I don't think the missions are super high priority though balance-wise, who actually replays them after they've been 3* and can be simmed?

I hope they do buff Mace, I pulled him from a Bronzium a couple days ago and would love to get a F2P Jedi counter team going

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Anyone else having success with Anakin? I'm still in the 200-300 range at lvl 53, but he seems to be a pretty good option. He generally follows Sid and gets a good chance to apply a healing debuff if Sid misses (or hit a second one). His chance to apply buff immunity really swings battles, especially when landing on a tank with the healing debuff. Good damage AOE helps with Phasma's advantage, and if it kills someone the offense up wins you a game. Then his passive allows big come backs, and he's pretty useful as a damage dealer for me. Not so good on defense, but effective when I can time his smite for maximum advantage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, yesterday, I finally did it, I was just too lazy to upload it until now:

I really, really didn't think I could take first, especially after the battle started. His Poe went first, and my team was pretty much decimated. I had all 5 up, but they were all below half. Then, my Poe went, and then Sid, and then Lumi healed. I got crazy crits from Luke and R. Pilot on Poe, which let me attack the rest of their team. I don't remember what his team was, at this point, but it wasn't shabby. Also, was working with a 3k deficit, as you can see in the second picture.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hooooooooooly poo poo is Darth Maul ever fun to use in Dark Side battles with Sid and Phasma. Just AoE blast everyone to low health and watch him clear the board like a Bunny Foo Foo hopping through a forest of field mice.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Can't stop playing this drat thing. Ally code: 853-624-172

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
For anyone who is curious, Star Trek Timelines is a buggy pile of loving garbage.

The gear drop rates are beyond poo poo, so you can't level toons to progress the story chapters.
Some gear can only be obtained from buying them in a faction store that has a ~20 hour rotating inventory.
Advancing your faction ranks makes LESS things purchasable than before (this is a bug, but that's kind of the point of this post).
You have to spend money to be able to "sim" content.

Compared to SWGOH, I don't know how they released this claiming it was a finished product. It's got space battles, I guess... but they look stupid and you only control cooldowns on the ship.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

For anyone who is curious, Star Trek Timelines is a buggy pile of loving garbage.

The gear drop rates are beyond poo poo, so you can't level toons to progress the story chapters.
Some gear can only be obtained from buying them in a faction store that has a ~20 hour rotating inventory.
Advancing your faction ranks makes LESS things purchasable than before (this is a bug, but that's kind of the point of this post).
You have to spend money to be able to "sim" content.

Compared to SWGOH, I don't know how they released this claiming it was a finished product. It's got space battles, I guess... but they look stupid and you only control cooldowns on the ship.

I tried it out and thought it was utter crap. Too many games out there to put up with that mess, even if you like the ST brand.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I got enough shards for a new ship but the button to make it is broken.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Climb to the top was rough today. Started at 23, took 14th. Lost to 5th. Took 6th. Lost to 3rd. Took 3rd. Might have been able to take 1st with one more attack...but...oh well. Not worth spending 50 crystals on what really feels like a coinflip when you only have time for one more attack.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How many more attacks do you get for 50 crystals?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

kaschei posted:

How many more attacks do you get for 50 crystals?

Just one, I think.

Managed to break into the top 20 on my server (#18) today, with my "all healer" team. 7* Lumi, Talia, 6* Asajj, Daka, 4* Barriss.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

Just one, I think.

Managed to break into the top 20 on my server (#18) today, with my "all healer" team. 7* Lumi, Talia, 6* Asajj, Daka, 4* Barriss.

No you get a full 5

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

7* Sid, 7* Lumi.

I finish in the top 25 most days, my bracket is super laid back. I've only recently seen a Poe here and there.

Right now I'm grinding up Poe and Stormtrooper Han just for the Tank Challenge. I want those sweet Epic loots.

Then... I dunno, Daka to 7? Hoard shards? Not sure, really.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

7* Sid, 7* Lumi.

I finish in the top 25 most days, my bracket is super laid back. I've only recently seen a Poe here and there.

Right now I'm grinding up Poe and Stormtrooper Han just for the Tank Challenge. I want those sweet Epic loots.

Then... I dunno, Daka to 7? Hoard shards? Not sure, really.

2* FO Stormptrooper is also really easy to get, and makes a pretty big difference in Tank challenge if you get him to like level 50. Right now I'm running it with him at 47, red dude at 42, Chewie (5*) at 52?, and Poe (4*) at 63, and it's really not hard. Especially with two taunters, you can juggle his debuff between them, plus red dude to remove debuff.

Davethulhu posted:

Just one, I think.

There are two things you can spend crystals on. If you've used 1-4 attacks so far, and you need to attack again RIGHT NOW, that costs 50 crystals. It does not add any additional attacks, it just lets you attack...this is only good if you're at like 5:55 and have an 8 minute cooldown. If you can generate at least 50 crystals by doing this, still worth it.
If you have used all 5 attacks, you get an option to use 50 crystals to recharge 5 attacks. The really nice thing about this one is that you can chain your 5th and 6th attacks together this way. There is no cooldown after your 5th attack.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 26, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

There are two things you can spend crystals on. If you've used 1-4 attacks so far, and you need to attack again RIGHT NOW, that costs 50 crystals. It does not add any additional attacks, it just lets you attack...this is only good if you're at like 5:55 and have an 8 minute cooldown. If you can generate at least 50 crystals by doing this, still worth it.
If you have used all 5 attacks, you get an option to use 50 crystals to recharge 5 attacks. The really nice thing about this one is that you can chain your 5th and 6th attacks together this way. There is no cooldown after your 5th attack.

That's good to know.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Today in GW I faced a guy with a 7 star, level 62 Ugnaught. If this doesn't prove the GW opponents are artifically generated, I don't know what else would.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I had to face a my lvl+1 team with a seven star Sid, a 5 star lumi and 4 star Leia+Rey and Poe as my 4th game from the end
Then I had an almost as dickish Poe+GS+Dooku fight to follow up.

Made it though! :shepicide:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I just started playing this. Hit level 25 ish and liking it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. I picked up the $5 pack to grab Veers and Talia.

Ally code is 231-629-458 and IGN is SyrinxxSA. Please add me if you have any room, I could use some homies.

Also I assume none of these "Limited" offers are worth it even for someone willing to drop a bit of money? Windu for $40, HK-47 for $25

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

commish posted:

If the devs were Bungie, they would say they meant 5% all along.

"Dooku level 7 attack now correctly adds 0.004% chance for bonus attack"

Anyway, I'm just around rank #600 in Arena. Feels good. Once you get Geonosian Soldier's second ability upgraded then you are using it every other attack and it is insane. The only thing holding me back from 3-starring everything is account level and the fact that lately the missions just shove 20 Jawa's that aoe burst my FOTP down.

What decides which heroes you can borrow from friends? During challenges I can borrow some crazy good heroes like a 4,000 power Lumi which saves my rear end so many times. But doing the light/dark side missions I get access to maybe a 1,000 power Chewbacca from a friend and then similar weak poo poo from randoms. And why can't they increase the friends list?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

Also I assume none of these "Limited" offers are worth it even for someone willing to drop a bit of money? Windu for $40, HK-47 for $25

Well, they are worth considering. You do get quite a bit of extra value in addition to the hero itself. I wouldn't buy Windu or any other Jedis right now because they are so bad to Sith, and everyone is running Darth Sidious and Kylo Ren right now, with quite a few Darth Mauls and Sidious' running around. I also occasionally see Ventress. Sith get Jedi-specific bonuses, so as long as they are part of the meta, a jedi team is just going to get wrecked.

HK-47 is not such a bad deal. If you start building a droid team early, you can come out pretty powerful, but you have to decide that's what you want early. Also, it's not uncommon to see HK-47 as the only droid in an army, because he does decent damage on his own, and he has a self-revive, which will drive your arena opponents absolutely batshit crazy when they attack you.

The best long-term value you're going to get is to buy crystals, and spend them on cantina and dark/light mission energy. Cantina costs 100/200/400/+ energy per refill, and if you start out doing 100/200 daily, it's going to be worth it. For regular energy, I like to spend 50/50/100/100 daily. From there, it's 200/200 and goes up, not sure it's worth it at 200, but again, it'll help you level faster and get ahead of that arena curve. Also, while it's early, buy an extra 5 arena missions daily to catch up until you start losing missions. The faster you get to top 500 or 100, the faster you unlock Sidious, and the faster you'll have a real arena comp.

e: also avoid 1/4/8 packs from the store, unless you really need to scratch a gambler's itch. If you do it right when you start, it can give you a leg up, but, there are some heroes that can ONLY be unlocked this way, and you will never be able to get their stars up without dumping more money into this game (like a thousand). Also, they have a roughly 1/4 chance of giving you a hero, with a 3/4 chance of giving you hero shards. So, most of the time, buying a 1 pack will just give you shards, buying a 4 pack will usually get you shards for 3 heroes, and unlock one, and buying an 8 pack will generally get you shards for 6 heroes and unlock 2. You can get really unlucky here, which is why you're much better off spending money/crystals on energy. This is the kind of game where you have to think at a minimum 2 weeks to a month from now, for what you want to accomplish. Short term thinking is what makes CG money, and gets you very little ROI.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 26, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Syrinxx posted:

The only limited pack I regret not buying is Barris, just for the easy GW clear she pretty much guarantees. But it was like 60 dollars and I was not sure I'd like the game enough to drop that kind of cash and now it's gone. (And EA is 60 dollars poorer for I'd buy it even now, given the option.)

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Both the droid pack and the Barris pack werent' terrible deals, with the droid pack being a better value because all the toons you get are good and useful.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

Today in GW I faced a guy with a 7 star, level 62 Ugnaught. If this doesn't prove the GW opponents are artifically generated, I don't know what else would.

Was this an earlier match or later? There's no way I can see the later matches being artificially generated as every single matchup is Sid/Lumi/Dooku/etc. It was likely someone else's whale GW team that had Ugnaught in as a sub after someone died for kicks or something, I don't know

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Syrinxx posted:

I just started playing this. Hit level 25 ish and liking it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. I picked up the $5 pack to grab Veers and Talia.

Ally code is 231-629-458 and IGN is SyrinxxSA. Please add me if you have any room, I could use some homies.

You should get Talia from achievements awards. Don't need to buy. At least I did.

Make sure you don't make the mistake I made and not realize achievements give out awards :)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Of course, in a 4v3, Dooku double revives from Daka passive, kills my DPS, dies, revives from Daka special, stuns my JC (who got called as an assist due to Phasma leader) so I can't heal anyone else and I lose, and now the servers are "undergoing maintenance" 5 minutes before Eastern prize allocation.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Server maintenance to allow QGJ shards in cantina shipments

kaschei fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 27, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

This was obviously in response to Poe, since QGJ is a direct Poe counter.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Welp, looks like I'm taking a break from getting Daka to 7 stars.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

I wonder if they're taking Poe out of the shop and adding Quigon

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

commish posted:

And pretty much a direct assassination to anyone else you want.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Poe is still in the shop, taking him out would just piss off everyone late on the bandwagon trying to get him starred up now. Good for CG to do this but now I have too many choices!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

I wonder if they're taking Poe out of the shop and adding Quigon

As chance would have it, my shop just refreshed. Both Poe and QGJ are both there. It doesn't look like anyone was removed, the Hoth Rebel Scout is now in a row by himself at the bottom.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Since I finished my Poe a while ago, I have a bunch of cantina shards saved up. Not sure QGJ is what I should be targeting. I kind of want to just wait until they release new characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Nice. Should have 7* QGJ in about 2 weeks then.

• Locked thread