Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

so this is apparently the sticking point

now i am an idiot but that looks to me like it says your poi will shift up to 4 moa if you take the sight from -40 to 122, which sounds like an insane thing that i will never have to worry about

either way my 516 sits on a safequeen and i cant be bothered to fill out a form and ship it off for a few hundred bucks

Wait you guys aren't all kitted out for and don't all do HALO jumps all the time from 40,000 feet right into the middle of the desert on a regular basis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
so that's about 1 inch per 100 yards per 35 odd degrees.

So say if I were in the desert where there can be a hundred degree swing and I'm shooting at 300 yards, that's 9 inches.

if, however, I shoot at and indoor range with nothing but air con that's a shift of zero inches.

I wouldn't buy one but for I'd say two thirds of purchasers are gonna see no impact.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

not caring here posted:

so that's about 1 inch per 100 yards per 35 odd degrees.

So say if I were in the desert where there can be a hundred degree swing and I'm shooting at 300 yards, that's 9 inches.

if, however, I shoot at and indoor range with nothing but air con that's a shift of zero inches.

I wouldn't buy one but for I'd say two thirds of purchasers are gonna see no impact.

Right, but if I can get $450 back and get something better for less money...which is why I'm asking for feedback on the aimpoint. There are also rumors that the refund may come in the form of a gift certificate, which doesn't really make sense to me but if it's true I'll probably keep the eotech.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
poo poo I forgot how this all got started.

I'd actually not buy either and go look at a Vortex, their poo poo seems a lot nicer. I don't know if all I got was flogged out military poo poo but the eotechs and aimpoint were all pretty cruddy if you ask me.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
The Aimpoint pro is popular because it is an inexpensive Aimpoint. My issue with it is batteries - they aren't ubiquitous at all and granted changing your batteries once a year isn't a big deal, but for me i'd prefer something with AA which can be found anywhere, or the CR2032, with CR123 a distant third.

Ignoring cost, Aimpoint Micro T2 for small size /weight followed by Comp M4s if that's not a problem.

If cost is a factor, Trijicon MRO is getting good reviews. I'm not a fan of the Vortex stuff as it's just not rugged. There's tons of people using it with no complaints, and if this is just a range toy that's fine, but I don't want to worry about my optics not working if I drop the rifle.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

They're supposed to last for three years if you leave it on.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Godholio posted:

They're supposed to last for three years if you leave it on.

The only complaint I have with the PRO is that it's kind of large for an un-magnified optic, which is a really minor complaint. Aimpoint's black magic voodoo with their power efficiency is mind-boggling, and the dot is clear and easy to pick up.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Aimpoint is a much more robust optic than the EOTech and doesn't have wondering zero issues. Plus, the battery life on them (not counting the old CompM2 which took wonky rear end batteries and was the first Gen CCO) is fantastic- the full price ones (not the PRO) have several years of constant on with one battery. They also don't have the myriad of issues that the various EOTechs have had - faulty battery compartments, wondering zero, etc.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KnT2yTsLI

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Flares bro

Also the Russians obviously learned loving nothing from Afghanistan if they are flying above the bad guys doing risky moves like that. I'd rather get the Jordanian fighter pilot treatment than risk what those guys are risking.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

Flares bro

Also the Russians obviously learned loving nothing from Afghanistan if they are flying above the bad guys doing risky moves like that. I'd rather get the Jordanian fighter pilot treatment than risk what those guys are risking.

Lmao if you don't keep one last sweet round of mercy in a pocket somewhere

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
http://webm.land/media/tmp/3b5c596c-d3d8-4761-a436-773d70e7eaa0.webm

Chewbacca Defense
Sep 6, 2009

High speed, low drag.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Aimpoint is a much more robust optic than the EOTech and doesn't have wondering zero issues. Plus, the battery life on them (not counting the old CompM2 which took wonky rear end batteries and was the first Gen CCO) is fantastic- the full price ones (not the PRO) have several years of constant on with one battery. They also don't have the myriad of issues that the various EOTechs have had - faulty battery compartments, wondering zero, etc.

ACOG for life

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:vince:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptpTpgMbkU8

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

:vince::vince::vince:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Someone in the airsoft thread linked the original video. The guy filming/shooting was pissed that the victim left his team and burned his team patch upon leaving, so he decided to hurt him right before a game because he's a pissbaby.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
JDAM them all

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

chitoryu12 posted:

Someone in the airsoft thread linked the original video. The guy filming/shooting was pissed that the victim left his team and burned his team patch upon leaving, so he decided to hurt him right before a game because he's a pissbaby.

He went down with a 1960s warmovie flourish though!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the shooter is 15 and the flounder is 14 if anyone feels bad about watching an adult light up a kid

the Go Pro is on top of his head so he looks taller than everyone

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'll admit that it's fun as hell to shoot up rear end in a top hat kids at airsoft matches, but you should really leave it for actual gameplay. Crank up your gun and zap him with 50 BBs when you flank him, and it's still legal.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
oh for sure, the shooter is a loving ingrate

that being said I've been laughing my rear end off via the GBS thread all day, I have no idea why this is so funny to me

maybe it's because when I was that age we only had poo poo paintball guns and the woods, and those things hurt ten times as bad and we had no refs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I cannot stop laughing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

holocaust bloopers posted:

I cannot stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jq3GB8tm_E

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

I cannot stop laughing.

Lollllll

"What're you doing?!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

oh for sure, the shooter is a loving ingrate

that being said I've been laughing my rear end off via the GBS thread all day, I have no idea why this is so funny to me

maybe it's because when I was that age we only had poo poo paintball guns and the woods, and those things hurt ten times as bad and we had no refs

See, paintball guns fire bigger "bullets" but at a lower velocity. Airsoft BBs may deflect off thick jackets or plate carriers without you even feeling it, but all but the least powerful guns really love embedding themselves into skin and opening bloody welts. That patch burner probably just felt like he fell into a pile of fire ants.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah well $1100 vs $375.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

chitoryu12 posted:

See, paintball guns fire bigger "bullets" but at a lower velocity. Airsoft BBs may deflect off thick jackets or plate carriers without you even feeling it, but all but the least powerful guns really love embedding themselves into skin and opening bloody welts. That patch burner probably just felt like he fell into a pile of fire ants.

I've played both, I know they hurt.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Paintball in January is great - the balls don't break but you get the bruises.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
paintball is fun

airsoft really dumb

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Chinatown posted:

paintball is fun

airsoft really dumb

I dunno, I could have a blast sitting around plinking idiots like that sniper kid was doing. Difference being I'd have a bandolier of beer cans so when I got shot I could just chill until the game ends instead of throwing a fit and trying to fight children.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Godholio posted:

I dunno, I could have a blast sitting around plinking idiots like that sniper kid was doing. Difference being I'd have a bandolier of beer cans so when I got shot I could just chill until the game ends instead of throwing a fit and trying to fight children.

this is how I played, I have an M-14 with a lovely scope and it's great

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Where is this thread.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Godholio posted:

Spend $100 on an inexpensive M4 variant and find a CQB field. You can just sprint around and do silly action movie stuff like sliding and combat rolls and nobody gives a poo poo because they're all doing the same thing.

Or go to a Milsim West event, which requires $150 just for the ticket and at least a few hundred dollars in non-gun gear to even be allowed to attend so you can spend 40 hours straight on the field pretending to be a soldier. Sometimes they bring out blank firing guns like this M2, and things get crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugAvAFAPVcw

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Blind Rasputin posted:

Where is this thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761529

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Spend $100 on an inexpensive M4 variant and find a CQB field. You can just sprint around and do silly action movie stuff like sliding and combat rolls and nobody gives a poo poo because they're all doing the same thing.

Or go to a Milsim West event, which requires $150 just for the ticket and at least a few hundred dollars in non-gun gear to even be allowed to attend so you can spend 40 hours straight on the field pretending to be a soldier. Sometimes they bring out blank firing guns like this M2, and things get crazy.

lmbo

*slowly jogs across 100 yards of open ground lazily firing toward the enemy. comes to a knee high wall, sits down totally out of breath in plain view of enemy position and performs the slowest admin reload ever while asking "wheres my ammo" with what sounds like a loaf of bread jammed in his mouth*

*is an elite airsoft badass*

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

thanks i'll be at home jerking off and not doing gay military stuff for no pay

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
These loving people

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why are you idiots watching airsoft videos and talking about airsoft for multiple pages?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUnhyQcvRbM

lots of good stuff going here, including side-firing shilka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

military pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTdy1Yp1h5A

• Locked thread