Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rorus Raz posted:

So I just got word that the investigation of Planned Parenthood has resulted in anti abortion people getting indicted, so I look forward to all those cartoonists apologizing for spreading lies :allears:

Any articles on that?

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Met posted:

Any articles on that?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/us/2-abortion-foes-behind-planned-parenthood-videos-are-indicted.html?smid=tw-bna

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Call it what it is: murder. :sigh:

What the elephant says elevates this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMxY0Lxo_ow

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 26, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is really, really good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

He was naked, how much more visibly unarmed could he have been?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe the cops were big fans out Outlast?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Remember, if you're black, be careful not to hold the following things, as they could be mistaken for a gun.

- toy guns
- candy
- soft drinks
- nothing at all

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

According to the cops lawyer Anthony was 'attacking" and "charging' and therefore needed to be put down asap. Remember, around blacks nev-:suicide:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

He was armed with his blackness.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Garrand posted:

According to the cops lawyer Anthony was 'attacking" and "charging' and therefore needed to be put down asap. Remember, around blacks nev-:suicide:

But even if that's true why not taser him? Or pepper spray him? Or do any number of non-lethal things to stop him? Again, he was visibly unarmed and outnumbered it shouldn't have required lethal force to stop him from doing whatever he was doing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

But even if that's true why not taser him? Or peppe rspray him? Or do any number of non-lethal things to stop him? Again, he was visibly unarmed and outnumbered it shouldn't have required lethal force to stop him from doing whatever he was doing.
If you believe black men are lethal by their very existence, it makes perfect sense. I mean, I'm sure they had various other thoughts going on in their upper brain, but in their lower brain that controlled their actions, that's all that was there.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Samurai Sanders posted:

Remember, if you're black, be careful not to hold the following things, as they could be mistaken for a gun.

- toy guns
- candy
- soft drinks
- nothing at all

-the sidewalk

Zimmerman lawyer: ‘Trayvon Martin armed himself with the concrete sidewalk’
http://www.rawstory.com/2013/06/zimmerman-lawyer-trayvon-martin-armed-himself-with-the-concrete-sidewalk/

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Rorus Raz posted:

So I just got word that the investigation of Planned Parenthood has resulted in anti abortion people getting indicted, so I look forward to all those cartoonists apologizing for spreading lies :allears:

How long until Carly Fiorina gets arrested

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Rorus Raz posted:

Bonus: one of the charges is "attempting to buy fetal tissue".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maybe he had an erection and the cops confused it for a gun, never having seen one six inches long before.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

drat what a fine elephant.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ralepozozaxe posted:

drat what a fine elephant.
The donkey, however, will haunt my dreams tonight.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, look who is leading the charge

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Rorus Raz posted:

Although the snow obscures it, I'm assuming those cars have bumper stickers on them containing additional political content.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
:perfect:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Rorus Raz posted:

This morning someone called in to the Diane Rehm show saying that it was cold this past year in Minnesota where he lived which makes him doubt the scientists who say that it was the (globally) hottest year on record. Not only does this show lack of understanding of the term "global warming" but also Minnesota was hotter than average. The beginning of the year was cold but the rest of the year was above average temperature.

In short, these are the mole people and there is no reasoning with them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stultus Maximus posted:

This morning someone called in to the Diane Rehm show saying that it was cold this past year in Minnesota where he lived which makes him doubt the scientists who say that it was the (globally) hottest year on record. Not only does this show lack of understanding of the term "global warming" but also Minnesota was hotter than average. The beginning of the year was cold but the rest of the year was above average temperature.

In short, these are the mole people and there is no reasoning with them.

Yeah that's nice, but it's relatively cold TODAY so looks like so much for your so-called "science". Checkmate, poindexter. :smug:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Rorus Raz posted:

Hasn't he done this exact comic before?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

MissEchelon posted:

Only every single year.

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

Elliotw2 posted:

Only every single year.

I really want to see if Payne's "If global warming then why snow?" comics are getting later and later every year.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MissEchelon posted:

And these are just the "Global Warming thing cancelled due to snow" ones. Payne probably does the most Global Warming cartoons each year, mainly because he's a manchild that loves the gently caress out of gas guzzling cars. Like he writes childish reviews about the latest hummer and he'll compare it to a woman in a really juvenile way.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Rorus Raz posted:

Yes Global warming isn't happening. Which is shy in Massachusetts temperatures have been above average and the latest snowfall record in Worcester was broken. And the latest seasonal snowfall record in Boston was nearly broken as well.

God I hate this bullshit. Trying to find cites for the above right now.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Also Payne draws for a Detroit paper so surely he's noticed that there's no snow on the ground and there was barely any all winter.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
When do we normally get these cartoons? It feels like we should have at least got a few by now, but it's only Payne really. Is it normally a New Year thing, or is this particularly late?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

I actually laughed at a loving politoon, and not in a lovely, derisive way. An honest laugh. Wow.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Google's tax repayment – George Osborne has faced criticism over the £130m Google-HMRC deal, which sees the American firm pay just 2.77% rate of corporation tax"

Telegraph:

Food wristbands scrapped for Cardiff asylum seekers

Independent:

Times:

Sperm whale deaths: Fifth whale washes up in Lincolnshire

Mail:
Mac on... the woman who claims she accidentally put the 'winning' £33million lottery ticket in the washing machine

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Based on those blue jeans, we already won the cultural victory.

Looks like we're "just...one...more...turn"-ing it now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TheDarkFlame posted:

When do we normally get these cartoons? It feels like we should have at least got a few by now, but it's only Payne really. Is it normally a New Year thing, or is this particularly late?

It's based on when there's a big to do about snow. The weird thing is that I'm pretty sure the southwest/midwest got slammed near the end of 2015 but no one made a thing about it on the news so we didn't get these then.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Mac usually clings fast to the 60s-Men's-Mag-era school of cartooning where women are either lumpen ugly wives or Playboy bunnies.
This is either an awakening or a disturbing mutation.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Independent:

That is such a detailed cat rear end in a top hat. So much love went into drawing that rear end in a top hat.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

TheDarkFlame posted:

I think we're seeing a shift in messaging from outright denial to attacking actual solutions to the problem. This is probably filtering down to at least some of the cartoonist.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Samurai Sanders posted:

That is such a detailed cat rear end in a top hat. So much love went into drawing that rear end in a top hat.
Political Cartoons 2015: So much love went into drawing that rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TheDarkFlame posted:

I've said this in the past, but this is not going to be a situation where snow occurs later and later until it's spring or summer all year round. Weather and climate, unsurprisingly, are complex and there's a lot of systems all interconnected. For example, as increasing temperatures melt ice in the north, the result is that water that circulates north gets even colder than normal, which (in part, I'm greatly simplifying this because I am not even remotely educated in this besides some intro ecology) leads to colder weather in on the east coast. And, unsurprisingly, the east seems to bearing the brunt of these winter storms.

So while that Bors cartoon is funny, it's not accurate. For the past few years we've had a few snow storms in January and February, and the cartoonists make the same cartoons they've made for nearly a decade, and the cycle repeats. The climate is still changing though, it's just not in ways you may think when people hear the phrase "global warming" because, as said earlier: climatology isn't simple or else it would requires years of studying various disciplines of science.

• Locked thread