Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

AgentF posted:

radiatinglines was correct and then there were a bunch of posts that seemed so eager to jump on him and didn't actually understand what he was saying. The point was that the particular joke relied on Dennis' past characterisations as a monster in order to be funny and that this is indicative of a show's decline as it gradually relies more on past references than original comedy that stands on its own.

Also this season has been pretty awful. Hoping they've just front-loaded the bad episodes like they often do and it will end on a high.

Counterpoint: this season has been awesome so far but sorry you don't enjoy fun things

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Counterpoint: Are you sure that's a counterpoint?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

These liberals are trying to assassinate my character. Now I can't change their mind. I won't change my mind. Cuz I don't have to.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

filibuster

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

AgentF posted:

I don't know am I?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

drunken officeparty posted:

These liberals are trying to assassinate my character. Now I can't change their mind. I won't change my mind. Cuz I don't have to.

Rock, flag, and eagle.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ah, yes, that is the thread's signature look; blonde Chinese hair and the skin of a hot dog.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

AgentF posted:

You have no honor you goddamn bitch

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

team overhead smash posted:

Arthur Dayne, Feanor, still funny and smells of cheese.

i don't get what is meant to be subjective about any of that

Sorry, but wrong; it does not smell of cheese. This is incorrect.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

"Make it work, Dennis. Make it work."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everyone moaning about Sunny not being quite as good as it has been should be forced to watch The League's slow, painful, descent into awfulness.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Everyone moaning about Sunny not being quite as good as it has been should be forced to watch The League's slow, painful, descent into awfulness.

The League was never all that good to begin with.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

It wasn't that slow...

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

It was a rough fifteen minutes

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
As someone who doesn't like football at all and equally doesn't care about fantasy football, The League was actually kind of funny for one season or probably less. There were funny jokes about fantasy football that I was able to get. Then it became nothing but their relationships and I stopped caring.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

relationship drama is the last gasp of a formerly funny show, and this also reminds me that having a baby is humor death

Always Sunny used Dee's pregnancy to tell many good jokes. It even went so far as to have That Scene, you know, the one where you get to first see the new mom with her beautiful new baby and you see her holding the baby and the soft music starts and everybody's looking at it with That Look like this is so precious, it's the miracle of life, this is what viewers were waiting for, and then it yanks the rug back out from under you by immediately giving it to Carmen and her husband, and this whole baby thing was just a scheme of Dee's for money.

It's the only good just-had-a-baby scene on TV. They took Kaitlin Olson's real-life pregnancy and used it to tell even funnier jokes. Always Sunny is epic.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

many johnnys posted:

relationship drama is the last gasp of a formerly funny show, and this also reminds me that having a baby is humor death

Always sunny has the Charlie Waitress romance and according to him its one for the ages!
The League also has an actor who lied about not only 9/11 but also where he went to school.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bobkatt013 posted:

Always sunny has the Charlie Waitress romance and according to him its one for the ages!
The League also has an actor who lied about not only 9/11 but also where he went to school.

Yeah that League guy just deciding to tell everyone he wasn't really in tower #2 as the plane hit is so loving weird

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I also loved that they didn't have Dee soften or question her decision or regret it for even a moment. She dumps the baby and immediately buys a scooter and from that point forward she has never given a single thought to the kid ever again. It rules.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I also loved that they didn't have Dee soften or question her decision or regret it for even a moment. She dumps the baby and immediately buys a scooter and from that point forward she has never given a single thought to the kid ever again. It rules.

Her being pregnet also led to the episode where they tried to figure out what happened at the Halloween party and we got bird Dee.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Whalley posted:

It was a rough fifteen minutes

Baby whatever forever uncleeeaaaaan

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Charlie loves filth because his Mom's OCD made it taboo for him.

Supporting Episodes: Mac's Mom Burns Her House Down, The Gang Gets Analyzed, The Gang Gets Quarantined

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 26, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jerusalem posted:

"Sweet Dee gets Audited" was amazing. I'm a little disappointed it was followed by "sweet Dee goes to court" and then "Sweet Dee is in jail" though, because whenever the show does court room or prison scenes they're hilarious.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Sweet Dee gets Audited" was amazing. I'm a little disappointed it was followed by "sweet Dee goes to court" and then "Sweet Dee is in jail" though, because whenever the show does court room or prison scenes they're hilarious.

I'd love to see an episode where the gang all goes to jail (for like a night)*. Holy gently caress would that be amazing.

*not just being questioned like in the wedding episode

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Dead Precedents posted:

I'd love to see an episode where the gang all goes to jail (for like a night)*. Holy gently caress would that be amazing.

They should just do the Seinfeld finale but then keep going with the final scene and show what happens next.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Dead Precedents posted:

and meet a seriously messed up Mac's Dad

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

many johnnys posted:

and meet a seriously messed up Mac's Dad

Mac notices his dad always dips out whenever he's around. He is afraid his dad is going to shiv him. Meanwhile, Mac's dad is doing everything he can to avoid his son to not get caught up in whatever drama that is about to go down. Eventually his dad comes around and tries to give mac a gift from the commissary. Mac screams that his dad is trying to kill him and he gets sent to another prison for attempted murder or something.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cojawfee posted:

Mac notices his dad always dips out whenever he's around. He is afraid his dad is going to shiv him. Meanwhile, Mac's dad is doing everything he can to avoid his son to not get caught up in whatever drama that is about to go down. Eventually his dad comes around and tries to give mac a gift from the commissary. Mac screams that his dad is trying to kill him and he gets sent to another prison for attempted murder or something.

"Mac shanks his dad"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lord Krangdar posted:

They should just do the Seinfeld finale but then keep going with the final scene and show what happens next.

My idea for the finale is basically the finale for Seinfeld, only the jury and the judge doesn't that five people could do even half of the absolutely insane poo poo they have done they have been charged and lets the go. They then go back to the bar which then explodes and cricket then pops his head out from the other side of a car parked across the street laughing like a mad man.
That however is not the end of the gang but just to set up the movie. It's Always Sunny in Hollywood or The Gang go to Hollywood where the gang go to Las Angeles to find and get revenge on cricket for blowing up their bar and selling it to jihadists* only to be immeadealy be distracted by the news that Predator is being remade.

* Of course the Jihadists are actually Unitarians who bought the bar and turned it into a church after the gang defaulted on their loan while everyone was in a coma.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

David D. Davidson posted:

My idea for the finale is basically the finale for Seinfeld, only the jury and the judge doesn't that five people could do even half of the absolutely insane poo poo they have done they have been charged and lets the go. They then go back to the bar which then explodes and cricket then pops his head out from the other side of a car parked across the street laughing like a mad man.
That however is not the end of the gang but just to set up the movie. It's Always Sunny in Hollywood or The Gang go to Hollywood where the gang go to Las Angeles to find and get revenge on cricket for blowing up their bar and selling it to jihadists* only to be immeadealy be distracted by the news that Predator is being remade.

* Of course the Jihadists are actually Unitarians who bought the bar and turned it into a church after the gang defaulted on their loan while everyone was in a coma.

When does your self-insert character arrive in this fanfiction.net story of yours? Can't wait to see the next update! :thumbsup:

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

When they were asked about making a movie they were like uhhhhhhhh and pretty much said "no" without saying "never". That format's not appropriate for Always Sunny anyway. The closest they've gotten is some two-parters. That's, what, forty minutes total?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

many johnnys posted:

When they were asked about making a movie they were like uhhhhhhhh and pretty much said "no" without saying "never". That format's not appropriate for Always Sunny anyway. The closest they've gotten is some two-parters. That's, what, forty minutes total?

Typical Half-Hour sitcoms run about 22 minutes without commercials, so yeah about 44. The Christmas special is the same.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not going to lie, I'd love a second Christmas special. That's the only Christmas episode they've done too, right? I love Xmas episodes, and would watch an entire seasons worth with a grin on my face.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

EL BROMANCE posted:

Not going to lie, I'd love a second Christmas special. That's the only Christmas episode they've done too, right? I love Xmas episodes, and would watch an entire seasons worth with a grin on my face.

Maybe an ep where they run a christmas charity to help give presents to needy people, but keep the best presents for themselves and replace them with stuff lying around (plastic vampire teeth, etc)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

many johnnys posted:

Maybe an ep where they run a christmas charity to help give presents to needy people, but keep the best presents for themselves and replace them with stuff lying around (plastic vampire teeth, etc)

That's kinda Malcolm in the Middle-y.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Drifter posted:

That's kinda Malcolm in the Middle-y.

Haha I forgot about that. I was just thinking of Frank and Charlie treating the dump like a treasure trove of trash, as well as that goon who did the mystery prize box thing and made the "prizes" stuff lying around his apartment.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Jesus, the gang doing a santa claus set up at their bar would be great. Mac could be Santa, Frank an elf, and Dennis the creepy guy who hits on the moms while they wait for the kid's photo to be taken. Charlie and Dee could have their own spin-off bit since Charlie is too traumatized by Santa.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Charlie's presents to the others include denim chicken, bird with teeth, various worm hats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well thank god there's an actual new episode now so we can push all that weird poo poo a few pages into the dust.