Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That would be p awesome. Buu essentially being used as power armor.

Pity he hasn't been shown to be able consciously split from someone he absorbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

HitTheTargets posted:

Buu's too dumb, Gohan's turned into a nerd. Could the next Fusion be coming soon?

Be still my heart. It's the perfect combination.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Super Buu + Gohan was very good, I would also welcome a fat version of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bring Super Buu back

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

*super buu holds you in his manly arms*

"Baal.....I never left....."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Namtab posted:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

~Buu-Sama~

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
How much earlier is Super than when Buu made Miss Buu?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

tsob posted:

Assuming Namek has a decent sized population of more than a couple of thousand he could probably find several people dying of natural causes on a single trip without much hassle and fuse with them. I don't know that several randomers would add much to his powers, but if he stuck around for several months doing that it'd surely add up. Might get a touch uncomfortable up in the ol' noggin at that point though. Or maybe not? Does he just have their memories and not their personality like in abridged or what? I can't recall.

Or maybe he could just find a way to go Namekian God mode along with Tienshinhan going Human God mode because it makes as much sense as anything else at this point.

He's already a god, they don't need to handwave poo poo

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

mikeycp posted:

How much earlier is Super than when Buu made Miss Buu?

Buuby is after the end of Dragon Ball, where Uub is trained by Goku (GT puts them on the Lookout, Neko Majin puts them at Goku's home, so it's clear which one Toriyama intended).

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I don't want to say "I hope something happens to Little Green so that Piccolo can get named Guardian of Earth by the Kaioh's and get some special Kaioh training", but... come on, when was the last time Dende was relevant as anything other than "We need Dragonballs!" "I made some!" "Good work, Little Green!" "I hate you all."?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

RickVoid posted:

I don't want to say "I hope something happens to Little Green so that Piccolo can get named Guardian of Earth by the Kaioh's and get some special Kaioh training", but... come on, when was the last time Dende was relevant as anything other than "We need Dragonballs!" "I made some!" "Good work, Little Green!" "I hate you all."?

Thank you, I just realized that DBZA is only a few episodes away from Little Green's triumphant return.

I can't wait to see how awkward things are between him and Gohan.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dexo posted:

Pity he hasn't been shown to be able consciously split from someone he absorbs.

He did manage to make Evil Buu happen, so who knows.

Also they could probably wish him back to normal

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Having Buu as some sort of living armor/weapon you can manipulate would be cool.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just watched the episode, and Champa being Beerus' goony twin brother is perfect

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

I just watched the episode, and Champa being Beerus' goony twin brother is perfect

Vados having him on a diet and counting his calories is perfect

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Vados helps food with cat problems.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like the Universe 6 people and think the little detail that Vados's ponytail goes over and occasionally seems to rest upon her halo thing is a neat little detail. Also Goku and Vegeta spending the whole episode in matching sweatsuits was funny and I hope that they are Team 7's uniforms for the battle.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like this new Vegeta that's mostly over his bullshit from the past.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

why did Buu get DQ'd

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

why did Buu get DQ'd

He failed his written exam.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

for real

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yes

turbo nerd gohan to save the day

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Also goku barely passed said exam

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't wait for Standardized Test Anime.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I can't wait for Standardized Test Anime.

Do you mean the Standardized Anime Test? :pseudo:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Am I reading this right: Frost is the emperor of universe 6, and isn't evil? Also the saiyans of universe 6 didn't blow up Planet Salad and are basically heroes for hire?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Follow-up: is Kabe/Cabe/Cabbage a girl? They kind of look the way Toriyama draws 18.

I'm calling it that Heat is Frost's tryhard cousin, and Frost has mastered golden mode

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

visceril posted:

Am I reading this right: Frost is the emperor of universe 6, and isn't evil? Also the saiyans of universe 6 didn't blow up Planet Salad and are basically heroes for hire?

All of this is correct, yes.

visceril posted:

Follow-up: is Kabe/Cabe/Cabbage a girl? They kind of look the way Toriyama draws 18.

I'm calling it that Heat is Frost's tryhard cousin, and Frost has mastered golden mode

Cabba is a guy. Female Saiyans are not allowed to be cool. Also his name is Hit, not Heat, and his name was chosen to bring a sense of danger. He probably hits people really hard, but is very unlikely to have any connections with Frost.

At the very least, Frost has transformations, this is already confirmed (or well, heavily hinted at). Whether they include a Golden Mode is unknown, though considering Freeza made it golden explicitely on purpouse for the Saiyans, it'd make more sense for him to have another colour if he has an Ultimate Evolution of any sorts.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd have to imagine he has an equivalent to golden frieza since the only one from universe 7 that could possibly have trouble with less than that is piccolo

presumably he's powered up as well, so maybe not even him. at the very least I hope he doesn't continue his string of losing fights before they start

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It seems pretty safe to assume they'll mostly be able to fight on God level or have some equivilent bullshit powerup that does the same.

I hope Cabba's Super Saiyan form has green hair.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

It seems pretty safe to assume they'll mostly be able to fight on God level or have some equivilent bullshit powerup that does the same.

I hope Cabba's Super Saiyan form has green hair.

I dunno, I'd rather have Cabba be his own Saiyan and not Broly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I dunno, I'd rather have Cabba be his own Saiyan and not Broly.

Orange hair then. His special ability is that he travels back and forward in time and uses a katana.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope he's ridiculously good and powerful enough to at least hang with the protagonists but can't turn Super Saiyan and never does.

Leaving him as some sort of happy-go-lucky demi god that the crew all know that if he could go Super Saiyan, he'd be crazy powerful and stomp them all except Whis/Vados + Beerus/Champa.

e:
This interview with Toriyama's pretty interesting and has some stuff that's fairly pertinent to Xibanya's analyses because he talks about the composition and design of the manga a bit.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-interview/

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jan 27, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This interview with Toriyama's pretty interesting and has some stuff that's fairly pertinent to Xibanya's analyses because he talks about the composition and design of the manga a bit.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-interview/

I really like the fact that Toriyama got rid of Goku's tail because he couldn't figure out how he'd put his pants on.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like that super saiyans are blonde just because it was easier on him and his assistant that way

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

All of this is correct, yes.
Lol I hope someone comments on the fact that things seem way better in 6 and maybe humans were the real monsters all along.

quote:

Female Saiyans are not allowed to be cool.

😢 I get not focusing on most women in the story because, well, it would be boring. Until we get 18. 18 has a really interesting story and I want to know more about the absurdly powerful robomom bytbit ain't gonna happen

quote:

Also his name is Hit...He probably hits people really hard

I hope this is his entire gimmick

and yeah I didn't mean to imply he would be golden just that he would have a fifth transformation that didn't bleed energy all over the place

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I really like the fact that Toriyama got rid of Goku's tail because he couldn't figure out how he'd put his pants on.

You pull up your pants and there's a hitch at the top, like a fly on your back without a zipper

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The animated series actually covered that in a scene. He puts the pants on first, then he rips his tail through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I hope Frost just turns out to not have any transformations and can access all of his power whenever he wants, just to crap on Frieza even more.

• Locked thread