Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mao
Apr 18, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Thanks, that's really helpful! I guess I'll have to give draw stance and its skills another chance, I just kind of stayed away from it because I was lazy and wanted less skills to keep track of, but I'm sure I could get used to it. And yes, I did spec into the Z skill to get more blocks and a bit of healing, it's pretty nice for the harder bosses.

The one good thing is respeccs are free. You'll actually find that you start having ones you switch to for various situations. In PVP I'm told its even more critical, and you'll have individual builds for fighting specific classes even.

And since the tooltips are kinda (lets be honest, absolute) poo poo, its good to just experiment with builds to see what you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Velveteen posted:

The stun charge is on a 45 second cooldown. While it is on cooldown, you are able to use the non stun version until it is back up again. Once it is up the next time you press it the cat will stun.

edit. Nevermind I misread your question. The charge disable is also the cat charge, you can skill it to stun or to disable charge attacks, the other one is beckon to recall your cat back. You can use them one after the other if you want as they are on different skills.

Oh wait lmao that's not the one I was thinking of, I was looking at https://bnstree.com/SU and it looks like there's a 4 and an F (the chestnut burrs) that also disable charges

This explains why I can never loving catch up to those goddamn fuckers, four skills that can disable my ability to approach, kill me

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

tyblazitar posted:

Thanks, that's really helpful! I guess I'll have to give draw stance and its skills another chance, I just kind of stayed away from it because I was lazy and wanted less skills to keep track of, but I'm sure I could get used to it. And yes, I did spec into the Z skill to get more blocks and a bit of healing, it's pretty nice for the harder bosses.

https://bnstree.com/BD?build=45000024003251122404321032312931300311112320011304314073112621

Lightning draw is your wombo combo. It's crazy good once you get the timing of Flicker(LMB), and Lightning Flash(F). Round up a group of enemies and then lightning draw combo them all down in seconds. A bit of healing on your X, and Z. V has life-drain until you spec out of it. Raid(2) into a single-target which starts the aerial combo. Soaring Falcon(Ranged 1) is your main focus regen. Always throw that poo poo. You can deflect any attack(except for a few boss skills) with the right timing of your Tab, when you pull it off enemies are stunned which you can turn into lightning draw or aerial combo. I like to save Z for when I'm about to start my lightning draw, you'll block cc with it. To setup grabs on bosses, you have to use Body Kick(1) then follow with Anklebiter(3). A Life-Drain on Crit gem is a great help even at higher levels, you'll be critting all the time.

Khako fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 26, 2016

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Lemming posted:

Oh wait lmao that's not the one I was thinking of, I was looking at https://bnstree.com/SU and it looks like there's a 4 and an F (the chestnut burrs) that also disable charges

This explains why I can never loving catch up to those goddamn fuckers, four skills that can disable my ability to approach, kill me

Maybe I should skill my chestnut burrs to disable charges. I didn't realize they could do that.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
Well, got set up on Old Man Cho. If there's still space free could I ask for an invite for Aster Dahlia?

Also what color is said hypothetical Goon guilds favorite, red or blue?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Main (only?) guild on Cho is red.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Velveteen posted:

Maybe I should skill my chestnut burrs to disable charges. I didn't realize they could do that.

What have I done

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
10 - 18 was a lovely stretch with KFM but now I got Elbow Smash, Tiger Strike and Hellfire Kick and everything is awesome again :aaa:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

Well I'm done with this game. :v:

Wait what happened?

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Only 1000 people to go before I can play..

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

Wait what happened?

Input lag is killer for me. It's actually more of a see button pop up, press button, see button highlight, nothing happens. I'm not much on being a button spammer :shobon:

It's not a big deal in PVE stuff, and open world PVP bu,t godamn, is it painful in Arena combat. Gonna play around with some settings to see if I can make it better.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

Input lag is killer for me. It's actually more of a see button pop up, press button, see button highlight, nothing happens. I'm not much on being a button spammer :shobon:

It's not a big deal in PVE stuff, and open world PVP bu,t godamn, is it painful in Arena combat. Gonna play around with some settings to see if I can make it better.

Yeah noticed that too and I have a pretty low ping. Grabbing someone and missing a piledrive is pretty devastating to my damage. :/

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Am I the only one that is having substantial problems buying NCoins through PayPal?

Or no?

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
The game likes to forget my sprint (shift) key until I go into the key bindings menu, make any change, and then apply it.

It's a bug that just started with yesterday's patch. Any idea on a cause/fix?

Also, it seems like that's a function that can't be re-bound to a new key.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah noticed that too and I have a pretty low ping. Grabbing someone and missing a piledrive is pretty devastating to my damage. :/

Kims what server are you playing on? Had a blast raiding fishermen & harpoon bugging boats into the stratosphere in Archeage with you & friends.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm about to join you which pains me because I really like this game otherwise. While not as big of a deal, the input lag is ruining my PvE experience as well. It is making combat feel less like a combo system and more like a classic GCD based system because it causes me to purposely pause when I shouldn't be all of the time

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ridinspinnaz posted:

Kims what server are you playing on? Had a blast raiding fishermen & harpoon bugging boats into the stratosphere in Archeage with you & friends.

On Mushin dear friend! Play this koreamans game with us, and check out ArcheAge 2 errr I mean Black Desert!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What build are you guys using for Destroyer PvE? I feel like other than maxing LMB and RMB nothing is a must take.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Im still in the mid 20s but I picked up some of the Grab talents. One of them increases the duration to like 6 seconds which is really nice for groups since you can just pick up the boss and hold them still for the full 6 seconds while everyone beats on them, and when the grab is about to expire just throw them up and piledriver.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014
In this as Dolodon on Jiwan server, got my pet cat and im ready to rumble(bees).

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

fadam posted:

What build are you guys using for Destroyer PvE? I feel like other than maxing LMB and RMB nothing is a must take.

I really really like putting points into Axe Sweep because the 4th point gives you Upward Block, which gives you another launch. This lets you Grab -> Launch -> Piledriver -> Upward Block -> Piledriver. It might not be the most optimum thing to do, but drat is it flashy as gently caress.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

soscannonballs posted:

Im still in the mid 20s but I picked up some of the Grab talents. One of them increases the duration to like 6 seconds which is really nice for groups since you can just pick up the boss and hold them still for the full 6 seconds while everyone beats on them, and when the grab is about to expire just throw them up and piledriver.

Just a reminder! Please do not throw bosses into the sky. It not only makes it so most classes can't do their damage with their most damage skills, it also lets any kind of buffs/debuffs expire when its flying in the air causing a huge loss of damage for the entire party. If you're holding a boss just slam it into the ground after you are done. Your teammates will thank you afterwards!

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Most of what I'm reading seems to suggest that until we get level 50 skills Blade Masters are a tad bit underpowered in PvP. Is this true? I just rerolled to BM from KFM because I'm bad at games and couldn't do the 3RF combo.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

fadam posted:

If you spec for it entirely, the typhoon -> max level execute combo can do absolutely MASSIVE damage, but it has quite a setup and takes a while to come out. But when you see that final hit crit for 6000 damage at level 30, it feels delicious.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The worst thing about this game is how hosed up the scale of some things are on the minimap.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If you want to make a bunch of money, short Moonwater Transformation Stones. They're already down to 8.8g down from about 10g yesterday.

Also, figure out how to short items.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I found one in the wild

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Who in Shanghai Goon should potential members try to get in contact with?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I've been following this destroyer guide and it's working out ok. I'm not quite sold on some of the utility skill choices but I can definitely vouch for the grab and hurricane talents. The defense boosts from hurricane work wonders in AE and also dpsing through things you shouldn't stand in.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

You know that moment when you think "gosh, I think this class is working out really well for me" and you try another class and you're all WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

That's me, right the gently caress now, with Blade Dancer. I may never go back to Summoner after this!

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

I tried this game a little today. It seems ok but the queue times are insane. Better to wait until the rush dies off.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Skylight posted:

You know that moment when you think "gosh, I think this class is working out really well for me" and you try another class and you're all WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

That's me, right the gently caress now, with Blade Dancer. I may never go back to Summoner after this!

I've gone through this twice. Started BD and went "this burst is pretty sweet" and then I tried out kfm and just shoulderchecked the world and thought that was rad as hell. Now I'm being a slippery little poo poo with assassin and dropping tree trunks and backstabs and shadowsteps like a motherfucker.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Love how chat is completely useless with all the gold spam. I need to kill some of these people with my mind.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ShadowMoo posted:

Love how chat is completely useless with all the gold spam. I need to kill some of these people with my mind.

Just turn off region chat, that fixes 99% of the gold spam.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//cha.17173.com/bns/gem/718188.html

Can anyone else who has some of the epic Poharan shield verify if these stats seem accurate on this site? I want to check if the static stats are actually true and if the random stats are also true. Keep in mind for stuff that can roll HP, it ends up getting merged into the big HP number so sometimes the number of stats look off.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Skylight posted:

this is what it's like to be me all the time except the thrilling part is gone

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

dj_de posted:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//cha.17173.com/bns/gem/718188.html

Can anyone else who has some of the epic Poharan shield verify if these stats seem accurate on this site? I want to check if the static stats are actually true and if the random stats are also true. Keep in mind for stuff that can roll HP, it ends up getting merged into the big HP number so sometimes the number of stats look off.

It's true and accurate besides the HP values. Have fun gambling!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the deal with this Invitation from Poharan quest? I'm 45 but I never got it.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

fadam posted:

What's the deal with this Invitation from Poharan quest? I'm 45 but I never got it.

You should have gotten it as a letter as soon as you hit 43. Did you stop doing story quests or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djstix
Oct 8, 2012

Naisu naisu!!
Any space in any of the guilds on Mushin that could shoot me an invite? My character's name is Trillian Reynolds

• Locked thread