Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
She's on the front rank because she's a loli, duh.

Oh my God, I want the wood club golem to be painted as a tiny robot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

Helen Highwater posted:

That's a very lovely paintjob. The Studio armies were much, much better than that, I'm guessing it's some staffer army photo.

It's the real thing...
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Imperial-Guard-Catachan-Jungle-Fighters?_requestid=10251566

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Helen Highwater posted:

That's a very lovely paintjob. The Studio armies were much, much better than that, I'm guessing it's some staffer army photo.

The naked little girl in the front of the Daemonette unit was one of the old Chaos Familiars.

The studio armies are still by and large very good, but those Catachan models have never been well painted, even in the 3rd ed box art and codex. It really comes down to them being unsalvageable sculpts, unlike the more modern Catachan command and heavy weapons teams which are actually good models. And I guess I didn't recognize the girl from the old familiars; it's by far the weakest of the bunch (with walking book being the best)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

(with walking book being the best)

Ahem.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I didn't know that old Burger King mascot was from WFB :eyepop:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

A close second.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Ah yes, the Mactonite, a very powerful familiar for advanced wizards.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
It's armour-piercing!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Iron Crowned posted:

I didn't know that old Burger King mascot was from WFB :eyepop:

Burger King!?

What kind of fat nerd are you?

Not a very good one, obviously

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Colonial Air Force posted:

Burger King!?

What kind of fat nerd are you?

Not a very good one, obviously

Sorry I'm not up to date on all the hip mascots these days

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

moths posted:

She's a familiar from a long time ago.

The Diaz sculpts are basically eBay gold because creepers will outbid each other to have them in their spacevagina dioramas.

Yeah, I sold 20 that I had and they went for like $170 dollars. I knew they were hard to come by but I've never seen models go for that much

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Under 15 posted:

Yeah, I sold 20 that I had and they went for like $170 dollars. I knew they were hard to come by but I've never seen models go for that much

It's pretty telling that even Russian recasters are selling those models alongside Forgeworld stuff. I'm all for recasting OOP minis but I wish they were ones I actually wanted.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I hear you. If a recaster started selling copies of the original Imperial Robots or the Landship I'd be hella tempted.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I just found this for sale:

14$ + postage if anyone wishes to have it!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You might be able to salvage that with some effort

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Book With Legs is far and away the best familiar. I have him/her/it somewhere in one of my old warhammer boxes.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Oh hey, it's the BTP guy who did that chaos dwarf army...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Slimnoid posted:

Yeah it's one of the old familiars.

I had completely forgotten about these! I might have had some but could be mistaken. Were they sold in packs together or bundled with something else?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wierre posted:

I just found this for sale:

14$ + postage if anyone wishes to have it!

Ugh, the lazy airbrush style is the worst.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

Ugh, unit fillers. Pretty much always terrible regardless of the content.

unit fillers are cool and good

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Ugleb posted:

I had completely forgotten about these! I might have had some but could be mistaken. Were they sold in packs together or bundled with something else?

Both. You could get them in a pack at one point, but in general you got them as a random throw-in with a wizard model.

I have a couple kicking around from when I was trying to make a 1k sons army. No boob gnome, though.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Moola posted:

unit fillers are cool and good

Once saw a vid with an Imperialised ogre being used as a filler, looked much cooler than say a casualty wagon. Though at that point of effort wouldn't it be easier to just model additional dudes.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ugleb posted:

Wait, these were studio paint jobs from GW? drat my nostalgia must be powerful!

Why do some have them have one breast covered and what is going on with the centre of the front rank? Is naked demon lady coming out of the ground AND that fleshy portal thing at the same time?

iirc the amazons cut off one breast so they could handle the bow better

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

moths posted:

She's a familiar from a long time ago.

The Diaz sculpts are basically eBay gold because creepers will outbid each other to have them in their spacevagina dioramas.

I have like eight of them from an aborted Slaanesh daemons army back in the day. Am I a terrible person?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

goatface posted:

You might be able to salvage that with some effort

Even the boobs? :|

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Fearless posted:

Book With Legs is far and away the best familiar. I have him/her/it somewhere in one of my old warhammer boxes.

I threw the dancing pumpkin man away once :negative:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Slimnoid posted:

Yeah it's one of the old familiars.

These were some of the first models I loved when I first started reading my brothers white dwarfs

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

I threw the dancing pumpkin man away once :negative:

Utter Brotrayal

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

mike12345 posted:

This is a myth!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

This is a myth!

I'd think so, slashing titty is some major surgery... sounds horrible, too.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

This is a myth!

Given that the Amazons themselves were a myth most likely.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

mike12345 posted:

I see no bows on these though! ;)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JcDent posted:

Once saw a vid with an Imperialised ogre being used as a filler, looked much cooler than say a casualty wagon. Though at that point of effort wouldn't it be easier to just model additional dudes.

Stuff like that's not so bad, the problem is when you end up with 10 guys and a big rock being used as a 20 strong unit.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

Stuff like that's not so bad, the problem is when you end up with 10 guys and a big rock being used as a 20 strong unit.

Well, that's just pig disgusting.

OTOH, you're giving me visions of Kings of War (since they don't remove casualties) blobs with Necrosphynx filler.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

As long as the rock didn't come from GW.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

ijyt posted:

As long as the rock didn't come from GW.

Only Capstone Of The Apocalypse ($99, 10 parts, have to buy Codex Aggregatus) is fit to use as a filler in GW games!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JcDent posted:

Only Bloodstone Skullrock ($99, 10 parts, have to buy Codex Aggregatus) is fit to use as a filler in GW games!

FTFY

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Even the boobs? :|

Yeah, you'd be cutting those off, like a mythical double-amazon. That was the effort part.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

this is also fine

some people don't have as much moola and want to make their model collection stretch further

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I feel like I have exactly the right amount of moola right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Skellybones posted:

I feel like I have exactly the right amount of moola right now

Speak for yourself, I could use some more moola