Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Redbeard posted:

This thread inspired me to try to stump akinator

It's on to me...

But I really did stump it with Charles Lewis Tiffany. It got close enough to guess Louis Comfort Tiffany, but Charles Lewis was completely unknown.

I stumped Akinator twice apiece with both Detritus and Commander Vimes from the Discworld books. That genie needs to bone up on Terry Pratchett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

I stumped Akinator twice apiece with both Detritus and Commander Vimes from the Discworld books. That genie needs to bone up on Terry Pratchett.
Hmm, how long ago did you stump it with those? I have tried both of those characters and Akinator figured them out within 15 questions. It figured out Corporal Carrot even though I answered "Probably" to roughly half of the questions.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Well played, genie :golfclap:

What sealed it was "is the name of your character linked to animals?"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

HairyManling posted:

Hmm, how long ago did you stump it with those? I have tried both of those characters and Akinator figured them out within 15 questions. It figured out Corporal Carrot even though I answered "Probably" to roughly half of the questions.

Literally a minute before I made my post. The first time I thought of Detritus it suggested Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants.

PATRICK IS NOT MADE OF STONE, NOR IS HE A POLICEMAN, AKINATOR. THIS IS THE BIG LEAGUES, MAN, THE BIG LEAGUES.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

china bot posted:

right this way

Now called Archer Way, can't think why they changed it!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The reason Akinator asks such oddball questions is when it's already really confident it knows the answer and wants to get some answers for its little-used questions, to improve its database.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Fyadophobic posted:

This reminds me of a website that was linked to in a previous version of this thread. It was a Swedish guy's blog dedicated to dissecting bad album covers. Does anybody still have the link to that? I tried Googling it but just came up with listicles about bad Swedish albums.

There's this: http://www.svenskadansband.se/database.php
Just click any letter! I clicked "V" and immediately felt like a winner: http://www.svenskadansband.se/img-vi-a-vicke-930.htm

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Akinator doesn't really have a good time with Grant Morrison characters. 60 questions in and it's still meandering around "is your character from a book".

e: yeah this thing got too popular, the database is flooded with redundant basic questions and overly specific ones that all revolve around anime.

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 10:40 on Jan 26, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Whenever I play akinator it throws some weird rear end question that makes me want to say yes just to see what is exactly like slimer but married another member of their band.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Chop his goddamn tail off. What are you doing? What's wrong with you?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

ultrabindu posted:

Chop his goddamn tail off. What are you doing? What's wrong with you?

I have said this again and again and sooner or later someone who read whatever book this is from says "he used the force to make her forget she could do that, she was really dizzy from the force he was using."

My favorite part is how the lines of action make it clear that no matter whose sword is on top he's not doing a killing blow he's just kind of waving it around above her head and she's helpin' him out by reaching up to touch swords for no reason.

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 10:56 on Jan 26, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
On the second try I got a floor master from Zelda instead of Maximum Bob the Deli Creeps singer pictured below with his talentless body double in front

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I stumped it with "the woman in the red dress from the matrix". A lot of "don't knows" makes it hard, I guess

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Krinkle posted:

I have said this again and again and sooner or later someone who read whatever book this is from says "he used the force to make her forget she could do that, she was really dizzy from the force he was using."

My favorite part is how the lines of action make it clear that no matter whose sword is on top he's not doing a killing blow he's just kind of waving it around above her head and she's helpin' him out by reaching up to touch swords for no reason.

Knowing the most basic stuff about fencing means you can't enjoy a movie/book/game with swords anymore. Life is pain.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

e: yeah this thing got too popular, the database is flooded with redundant basic questions and overly specific ones that all revolve around anime League of Legends and YouTube Let's Players.

:negative:

e: wow there are some quality questions here

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
It never figured out the ice cream maker dude from Star Wars.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
This thing is lovely.

Tried with "Dilma Rouseff", president of Brazil. Not the most popular person in the world, but not that obscure either.

This is what it got:

EDIT: well, not so bad. I just realized I can continue after it misses and then it got it right

Elias_Maluco has a new favorite as of 12:24 on Jan 26, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Couldn't guess Mr. Poopy Butthole.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I was thinking about Stephen Colbert, but it first guessed Fallon, and then Kimmel. How funny is that?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It got David Bowie but not Jerry Brown.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No one cares about what happened when you played the game.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

sassassin posted:

Where else can I complain it doesn't know the great character "Napoleon Bonafrog"?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

sassassin posted:

I tried to make him guess you.

"Is your character gay" was the question that made him figure it out.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
After correctly guessing Simon of the Yogscast and Danny Sexbang of Ninja Sex party, I decided to go classic TV.. it got Agent Cooper from 'Twin Peaks' somehow. It's loving voodoo I tell ya..

Edit: It got Cecil from 'Welcome to Night Vale' in like 16 questions.

New Leaf has a new favorite as of 14:10 on Jan 26, 2016

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

the raddest of skateparks:

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
All you need to stump akinator is the same as in real life, just think of a female scientist that isn't Marie Curie. He will guess Marie Curie.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
No should be surprised that it can guess a pop culture icon or nerdgod internet figure or massively-known historical personage. Pull someone out of history that hasn't become memetic and you'll probably stump it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Benjamin Disraeli fools him, too.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zeniel posted:

All you need to stump akinator is the same as in real life, just think of a female scientist that isn't Marie Curie. He will guess Marie Curie.
Nope, he guessed Lise Meitner first try.

e: vv He does, however, know Ethan.

frankenfreak has a new favorite as of 14:54 on Jan 26, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Akinator was unable to identify Loss.jpg

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
He knows how to move past, and heal.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Who What Now posted:

Akinator was unable to identify Loss.jpg

I tried loss and it gave me Tycho from Penny Arcade I clicked no and answered more questions and got Tom from Myspace. Then there was a list of possible things it could be none were loss.jpg.

Edit: Round 2

Here we go...

Edit: Close enough.

beato has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Jan 26, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I played that genie game and just answered yes to questions I wanted my character to have true, so basically making up my own character.

At the end he was onto me, and said "its a thing of your own mind" or something

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
It guessed Ned Stark while I was aiming for Brandon Stark. Close enough considering Brandon was never alive during the events in the books and is only mentioned a couple of times.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
PYF Akinator result

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I managed to stump him with Olga of Kiev though he did get Vasily Zaytsev in 14 guesses which is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Akinator's not getting Big Boss but he's naming every other goddam character in the MGS series.

• Locked thread