Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
te laiskat maalaiset voisitte mennä töihin

http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/a1453608552654

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

aika populistista.

hyvin ongelmallista.

konna
Aug 1, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

I'd like to see per capita map on the tasausmaksut. It would be more skewed to pohjanmaa. I mean keski-pohjanmaa only gets second least tasaus?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
mun puolesta pohjanmaan voisi antaa ryssille

hitto, niille voisi vaikka maksaa siitä että suostuvat ottamaan

päästäisiin eroon laiskoista pedokultisteista

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Rappaport posted:

Muutos 1054

I was really mad about the Great Schism too.

konna
Aug 1, 2005

konna posted:

I'd like to see per capita map on the tasausmaksut. It would be more skewed to pohjanmaa. I mean keski-pohjanmaa only gets second least tasaus?

Keski-Pohjanmaa pop. 69k -> 411€ / person
Pirkanmaa pop. 505k -> 162€ / person

Get hosed inbred fucks.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Puistokemisti posted:

Soini is either so incompetent that Sipilä and Stubbs are running laps around him, no small feat, about everything or he decided that only thing that matters is his ministerinsalkku and praying for a meteorite to hit every other party in next four years.

Oh gently caress it's still so long. Has felt like 4 years already

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
tbf, running laps around soini is quite a feat because his circumference is very large

naig
Jan 25, 2006

"crawl, walk, and then run"

konna posted:

I'd like to see per capita map on the tasausmaksut.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

Free City of Helsinki now

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
http://www.hs.fi/paivanlehti/26012016/a1453701048139

eijeieieieijeieieieijei

E2 meganinja: SSS: champions of "pakkasella housuun kuseminen"

E: Nice av Hogge

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 26, 2016

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

lmbo Suomi nousuun!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
People opposed to tasausmaksut should also demand the dismantling of sosiaaliturva.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Nenonen posted:

People opposed to tasausmaksut should also demand the dismantling of sosiaaliturva.

To be honest, there should be ample housing available in the Helsinki-Tampere region and then we could start dismantling the tasausmaksut. Survivors can stay where they are, but the rest should move to live amongst civilization.

E: Guess if kepu is willing to put effort into making the said housing.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Also, when some people mention the statistics about "jobs open" (which is an absurdly low number compared to the number of unemployed people), do remember that a great deal of the open jobs are like this: http://www.mol.fi/tyopaikat/tyopaikkatiedotus/haku/8844611_fi.htm

I mean sure, if a lawyer feels like he wants to drive a truck in 16-hour shifts and get 1500 € a month, no problem, but can any of you except GP consider this anywhere near acceptable?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SnowblindFatal posted:

http://www.hs.fi/paivanlehti/26012016/a1453701048139

eijeieieieijeieieieijei

E2 meganinja: SSS: champions of "pakkasella housuun kuseminen"

E: Nice av Hogge

Itsellä on vähän ristitiitainen suhtauminen valtionyhtiöiden myyntiin. Toisaalta poliitikot ovat idiootteja ja yritykset pystyvät toimimaan paremmin ilman heidän holhoustaan. Toisaalta taas edes suomalaiset poliitikot eivät pysty ryssimään kaikkea ja ne firmat tuottavat kohtuullisesti rahaa valtiolle.

Indeksien mukaan nyt olisi hyvä hetki myydä osuuksia. Eri asia on sitten mihin ne rahat käytettäisiin. Veikkaan että tällä hetkellä ne vain tuhlattaisiin nykyisten epäterveiden rakenteiden ylläpitoon ja ne rahat loppuisivat muutamassa vuodessa, minkä jälkeen pitäisi korottaa veroja. Jos voitot sijoitettaisiin hajautettuina toisiin kohteisiin, silloin myymisessä voisi olla jotain järkeä. Toinen fiksu kohde voisi olla infran parantaminen.

Kiitos kehuista.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

SnowblindFatal posted:

To be honest, there should be ample housing available in the Helsinki-Tampere region and then we could start dismantling the tasausmaksut. Survivors can stay where they are, but the rest should move to live amongst civilization.

17m2 of moldy neukkukuutio should be enough for every ydinperhe, right?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Darkest Auer posted:

17m2 of moldy neukkukuutio should be enough for every ydinperhe, right?

Within year, we'll be fighting in gladiator arenas bumpits for right to sub-rent 2m2 of that neukkukuutio.

Tasausmaksut is a good thing but I think Keskusta has managed to spin it into votebuying scheme. Rip.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Hogge Wild posted:

Itsellä on vähän ristitiitainen suhtauminen valtionyhtiöiden myyntiin. Toisaalta poliitikot ovat idiootteja ja yritykset pystyvät toimimaan paremmin ilman heidän holhoustaan. Toisaalta taas edes suomalaiset poliitikot eivät pysty ryssimään kaikkea ja ne firmat tuottavat kohtuullisesti rahaa valtiolle.

Holhouksen haitallisuus ei ole peruste myynnille, koska yhtä hyvin voidaan myynnin sijaan päättää olla holhoamatta ja kerätä vain osinkoja.

Miksi myydä osakkeita infran tai minkään muunkaan rahoittamiseen kun valtio saa lainaa negatiivisella korolla?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Puistokemisti posted:

Tasausmaksut is a good thing but I think Keskusta has managed to spin it into votebuying scheme. Rip.

Well right, obviously we can probably never have so equally prosperous municipalities that tasausmaksut should be totally eliminated, but the goal should be to look at what creates wealth and what eats it and try to get rid of the latter.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

doverhog posted:

Miksi myydä osakkeita infran tai minkään muunkaan rahoittamiseen kun valtio saa lainaa negatiivisella korolla?

If anything, we should invest like hell because the private sector sure as hell isn't. If into nothing else, then things we are going to have to do eventually anyway.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Hogge Wild posted:

Indeksien mukaan nyt olisi hyvä hetki myydä osuuksia. Eri asia on sitten mihin ne rahat käytettäisiin. Veikkaan että tällä hetkellä ne vain tuhlattaisiin nykyisten epäterveiden rakenteiden ylläpitoon ja ne rahat loppuisivat muutamassa vuodessa, minkä jälkeen pitäisi korottaa veroja.

No sepä juuri. Kun otetaan velkaa koko ajan lisää, voidaan ensin myydä kaikki asiat jotta saadaan erät maksettua ja siten lisää velkaa, kun ei ole enää mitään myytävää voidaan verottaa nallewahlroosit puille paljaille tai kunnes muuttavat ulkomaille kerran (tai kaksi), ja lopulta on velkainen valtio jossa ei ole mitään myytävää tai ketään verotettavaa.

Eipä tämäkään kuulosta hyvältä suunnitelmalta.

konna
Aug 1, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

Indeksien mukaan nyt olisi hyvä hetki myydä osuuksia. Eri asia on sitten mihin ne rahat käytettäisiin. Veikkaan että tällä hetkellä ne vain tuhlattaisiin nykyisten epäterveiden rakenteiden ylläpitoon ja ne rahat loppuisivat muutamassa vuodessa, minkä jälkeen pitäisi korottaa veroja. Jos voitot sijoitettaisiin hajautettuina toisiin kohteisiin, silloin myymisessä voisi olla jotain järkeä. Toinen fiksu kohde voisi olla infran parantaminen.

Kiitos kehuista.

You're a sucker if you think you can time the market correctly. Ehkä ne siks on myymässä.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's ignore the unignorable fact that the government is just not as good as the private sector at managing most assets.

The government has two choices: It can continue to be invested in a range of non-strategic assets (for example Solidium stakes). As a result, all citizens are automatically forced to 1) make the choice to invest instead of consume and 2) assigned a set of investments by the government instead of being allowed to decide on them on their own.

Really the only reason to support government ownership of non-strategic assets is some sort of dogmatic belief that the government should always be involved. *looks at who made the post*. Oh, SnowblindFatal. So yeah, a dogmatic belief that the government needs to be involved in everything.

Some exceptions to this:
1) When the government actually has a reason to make the consumption/investment decision because consumers undersave (saving for pensions, avoiding Dutch disease like Norway)

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Ligur posted:

No sepä juuri. Kun otetaan velkaa koko ajan lisää, voidaan ensin myydä kaikki asiat jotta saadaan erät maksettua ja siten lisää velkaa, kun ei ole enää mitään myytävää voidaan verottaa nallewahlroosit puille paljaille tai kunnes muuttavat ulkomaille kerran (tai kaksi), ja lopulta on velkainen valtio jossa ei ole mitään myytävää tai ketään verotettavaa.

Eipä tämäkään kuulosta hyvältä suunnitelmalta.

We can get money at negative interest. It would be profit just to take as much as we can and just sit on it until the payment time comes. And if we as nation have no better sijoituskohteita than ~0.01% profit, then game over man, rip in piss.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Puistokemisti posted:

We can get money at negative interest. It would be profit just to take as much as we can and just sit on it until the payment time comes. And if we as nation have no better sijoituskohteita than ~0.01% profit, then game over man, rip in piss.

If your idea is that you will take money from private investors for almost no return and invest in something they have complete access to (publicly listed stocks were being discussed earlier) with the expectation of earning a positive return, the old saying of "if you can't spot the sucker, you are the sucker" comes to mind.

The money the government borrows comes from the same people who can invest in the stock market. And many other things. What does the government know that they don't? Why is the government better at bearing the risk than they are?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Sorry guys I didn't mean to summon him.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just realized Jurase Park and Jurassic Park sound exactly the same when pronounced by a normal Chinese English-speaker. I'm so disappointed the "owner" wasn't called Juranen :(

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SnowblindFatal posted:

Sorry guys I didn't mean to summon him.

If you don't want me to point out elementary errors in your posts about economics, try to think through the basic logic behind just one of your posts while resisting the urge to immediately jump to "the government's going to make me as rich as my high school classmates"

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Let's ignore the unignorable fact that the government is just not as good as the private sector at managing most assets.

The government has two choices: It can continue to be invested in a range of non-strategic assets (for example Solidium stakes). As a result, all citizens are automatically forced to 1) make the choice to invest instead of consume and 2) assigned a set of investments by the government instead of being allowed to decide on them on their own.

If you consider the amount of money that's just rotting on zero interest bank accounts, or the disproportionate amount of wealth tied to omistusasunnot, forcing citizens to invest in this manner might not be such a bad idea.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

If you consider the amount of money that's just rotting on zero interest bank accounts, or the disproportionate amount of wealth tied to omistusasunnot, forcing citizens to invest in this manner might not be such a bad idea.

In your previous post, you recommended the government take money from people because it can do so at a low interest rate. Now you're saying the government should discourage investments with a low rate of return.

The bottom line is that outside of making sure that people are saving enough for their retirements and that the expected rate of return on these investments is high enough, I don't think the government should do anything (other than nudge-style programs and basic financial literacy) about whether people keep the money in a bank account or the stock market. People will have their own reasons for doing what they want. The reason we have so much wealth in housing is because it's something that the government has promoted for years. There's no other asset class that's as supported as housing. I'm all for people moving away from housing, but the answer isn't to funnel money into the next bubble but instead just let people make decisions on their own.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

SnowblindFatal posted:

Well right, obviously we can probably never have so equally prosperous municipalities that tasausmaksut should be totally eliminated, but the goal should be to look at what creates wealth and what eats it and try to get rid of the latter.

It's people. Specifically poor people. I'm pretty sure in some secret EK vault there are multiple plans (fantasies?) how to get rid of them.

When people said "Suomi kuntoon!" actually meant "Suomi myyntikuntoon!" I thought it was a joke :confused:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Geriatric Pirate posted:

If you don't want me to point out elementary errors in your posts about economics

"Hmm yes, this idea of infinite growth sounds reasonable and I see no drawbacks to it."

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Fish of hemp posted:

It's people. Specifically poor people. I'm pretty sure in some secret EK vault there are multiple plans (fantasies?) how to get rid of them.

Haha, yeah, but you know I was talking about how those people are located.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

lol

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Geriatric Pirate posted:

The private sector is really good at laundering profits through tax havens while making the tax payers pay for their real or imaginary losses, yes.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkest Auer posted:

The private sector is really good at laundering profits through tax havens while making the tax payers pay for their real or imaginary losses, yes.

Also: at providing goods and services consumers want

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Also: at providing goods and services consumers want

But not what they need.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ulkomaat/art-1450782760890.html
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ulkomaat/art-1453881652646.html

lmbo swedes, good job. Miten meni noin niinku omasta mielestä.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justufinhaamu
Nov 12, 2008

verenpaine nousee