Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

In general I feel we have too much moola.

Moola posted:

this is also fine

some people don't have as much moola and want to make their model collection stretch further

That's OK, it just looks terrible. At that point you may as well play with bits of cardboard with 'Elf Spearmen' written on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Unit fillers are cool and good so long as they're done well. When I saw undead armies with graveyards as unit fillers I always thought that was really neat, and that Empire Ogre unit filler sounds dope.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Zark the Damned posted:

That's OK, it just looks terrible. At that point you may as well play with bits of cardboard with 'Elf Spearmen' written on them.

Historicals players are always a step away from playing papercut anyways. You'd be surprised at willingness to play games with colored blocks of wood.

Historicals: not even once.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

please dont poor shame and be elitist thank you and god bless

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

JcDent posted:

Historicals players are always a step away from playing papercut anyways. You'd be surprised at willingness to play games with colored blocks of wood.
That's because the number of tiny minis you need to have to actually play most historicals is ridiculous. When I think about the amount of time it would take me to paint up enough tiny mans to run even a medium level ACW engagement, it makes me all :negative:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ye Olde Moonman.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
In today's "IT CAME FROM FACEBOOK" we'll be taking a look at a space marine... centaur cat thing?

Apparently it's meant to represent an SM biker, and it's very well done, technically. i just don't understand! also the spine on that thing must be reinforced.

Frobbe fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 27, 2016

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Yup, that's heresy

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Too much Animorphs as a child. Also, cheetaur, wtf.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

That armor from the waist up must be a lifesaver.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

I am literally planning to do this - my Goblin archers are going to have a barricade fence hidden by the tall grass I base my Ogres with at the front of their tray, with 3 crudely painted cutouts of Ogre Warriors nailed to the fence to scare enemies off, while they have a campfire and a keg open at the back, 11 Gobbos for a nominal 20 gobbo unit.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Awesome! What are these sculpts from? They seem to be based on the Eastman and Laird Turtles more than the cartoon ones. Or actually more in-line with the recent NECA TMNT action figures.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Frobbe posted:

In today's "IT CAME FROM FACEBOOK" we'll be taking a look at a space marine... centaur cat thing?

Apparently it's meant to represent an SM biker, and it's very well done, technically. i just don't understand! also the spine on that thing must be reinforced.

To me it looks more like a cat got it's head stuck in the top half of a power armour suit and it's panicking.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The thing is, he could easily get his head out again if he'd just let go of the bit he was eating.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Awesome! What are these sculpts from? They seem to be based on the Eastman and Laird Turtles more than the cartoon ones. Or actually more in-line with the recent NECA TMNT action figures.

They are old Ral Partha/Dark Horse minis. There was a pretty big selection of them. I have the Turtles with laser weapons, shredder, mousers, Casey Jones, a Tricereton and few other minis. They are pretty sweet. The Groo minis are good too.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 27, 2016

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

I am literally planning to do this - my Goblin archers are going to have a barricade fence hidden by the tall grass I base my Ogres with at the front of their tray, with 3 crudely painted cutouts of Ogre Warriors nailed to the fence to scare enemies off, while they have a campfire and a keg open at the back, 11 Gobbos for a nominal 20 gobbo unit.

this sounds really cool

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

They are old Ral Partha/Dark Horse minis. There was a pretty big selection of them. I have the Turtles with laser weapons, shredder, mousers, Casey Jones, a Tricereton and few other minis. They are pretty sweet. The Groo minis are good too.

I've got mine in a box somewhere, though I remember something being broken... maybe a sai? I had the Triceretons, Casey Jones, and some Mousers, too. I almost had an aneurysm when I saw blisters of these guys on the shelf at the hobby store.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Triceratons are the coolest poo poo. No dinosaur is more deserving of being a space marine than the triceratops.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Triceratons are the coolest poo poo. No dinosaur is more deserving of being a space marine than the triceratops.
Hush your filthy whore mouth; the Ankylosaurus is better in every conceivable way. :colbert:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Indolent Bastard posted:

I really thought they were some kid's first attempt at sculpting with putty.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Atlas Hugged posted:

I really thought they were some kid's first attempt at sculpting with putty.

They're pretty small, 1/72 scale, so that's a factor in the detail as well.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Ilor posted:

Hush your filthy whore mouth; the Ankylosaurus is better in every conceivable way. :colbert:

See what happens here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByjVCMeY5uI

It wouldn't have happened if the dinosaur wasn't a fat loser with no horns on its face.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Metal... Gear?!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

wrong thread bro

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

O'Shovaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

name one thing that's awful

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Gamerofthegame posted:

name one thing that's awful

They gave GW money for the model.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Metal Gear R'ex

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

adamantium|wang posted:

O'Shovaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
In todays Episode of "IT CAME FROM FACEBOOK!" We'll be taking a look at the Drop Predator, made by Mr. hawkes.

Mr. Hawkes says this about his creation:

Facebook posted:

I'm going to say it's "Finished" for now (The modelling), turned out alright considering I have never used plasticard before. I mean, it HAS been out fighting for a good 1000 years so it will have some crude "repairs"... The whole concept behind it is essentially a "Drop Predator". It would be dropped from orbit - using thrusters to manoeuvre/slow down - then the giant shock absorbers in the feet would lessen the impact. Then it would go and BURN SOME HERETICS. Feel free to comment.

We'll be back tomorrow with a bike made from Nicolas Cage's shattered dreams!

UPDATE: Shocking new footage

Frobbe fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Feb 1, 2016

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Facebook IS the Eye of Terror

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoeDM8POZk

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Uh, this owns :confused:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Frobbe posted:

In todays Episode of "IT CAME FROM FACEBOOK!" We'll be taking a look at the Drop Predator, made by Mr. hawkes.

Metal Gear SCRUNT

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lmao

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Frobbe posted:

Soundwave deserved better than this.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

See what happens here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByjVCMeY5uI

It wouldn't have happened if the dinosaur wasn't a fat loser with no horns on its face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_frbtAH5RM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:wtc: This... This sure is something. I'm not sure what though.

Hahahaha