Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Sindai posted:

Is ultimogeniture now harder to get? It made a point of mentioning primo as late game but ultimo is arguably about as good.

If anything, it will be inarguably better now that landed children have total control over their own upbringing. Combine that with a long ruler bonus by the time you're an adult, and Conclave is going to make ultimo the absolute best succession law in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, unless you consider the fact that being under regency means you can't overrule the council.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

TheCIASentMe posted:

Yes... Time for elective monarchy Vikings. All of my sons will struggle. Only the best will receive the nomination to rule the others shall be cast off as mercenaries. :black101:

WITNESS ME!! :black101:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah, my guess is regencies are still going to gently caress you up good. Right now regency means your crown authority is going back to zero even if it was high to begin with. Now there's no Crown Authority anymore, but it's a good bet that with Conclave a regency means whatever powers you'd gotten assigned to the ruler will be immediately given back to the council and you'll be starting over. So Ultimo will still be a mixed bag.

My guess is changing succession law in general is about to become kind of a bitch, beyond simply meeting the requirements to unlock a given law.

Conclave is a total fundamental overhaul of how the game works that's almost unprecedented in a DLC as far as I can recall. This is going to be super exciting.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hey Groogy, could you explain what this little icon means?

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Hey Groogy, could you explain what this little icon means?

I'm going to guess that it's a measure of how much your crotch is burning. Seeing as how she's still a kid, she's probably not had enough time to gather the STDs required to get that number up.

DrSunshine posted:

WITNESS ME!! :black101:

If you capture the pope for me I, myself, will carry you to the gates of Valhalla! :okpos:

TheCIASentMe fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 26, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I think that's aggressive expansion or whatever mechanic gets people to form coalitions against you

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

That makes too much sense, clearly it indicates that lady's realm is both literally and figuratively on fire.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
It's infamy

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hey let's look at the latest Steam mod for CK2--

FORCIBLY ENTER FEMALE PRISONER

Dammit internet.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Aww, looks like breeding super kids is going to be harder now.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Dammit internet.

I like the caps on the title. It really sells the mod. It couldn't just be "Forcibly Enter Female Prisoner", it had to be "FORCIBLY ENTER FEMALE PRISONER".

Actually, what really slays me is the second screenshot. "30% chance of Kaiser Heinrich III of Holy Roman Empire gains Game Master". That's so out of place it's hilarious.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

TheMcD posted:

I like the caps on the title. It really sells the mod. It couldn't just be "Forcibly Enter Female Prisoner", it had to be "FORCIBLY ENTER FEMALE PRISONER".

Actually, what really slays me is the second screenshot. "30% chance of Kaiser Heinrich III of Holy Roman Empire gains Game Master". That's so out of place it's hilarious.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Game-Neil-Strauss/dp/184767237X

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Yeah, but the trait is still about the ruler's prowess in playing with little army men.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The hype is absolutely unreal right now. This is basically ck3

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Gonna be real sad when this patch breaks my save because I just landed a 16-year regency for my double-empire.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Still kinda peeved about the 'learning' stat on a guardian as not being made the main stat, that determines the chances of child stats to increase, and it just being 'whatever' now. I mean sure...it counters super-children being raised but...it'd be nice to have the learning stat be worth at least SOMETHING. :(

Otherwise it all looks great. My only worry tying into the former point is...with all these mechanics overhauls and changes, is it possible former non-Ironman saves will be much more incompatible to this expansion. Or are my fears unfounded?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They say it's compatible but given how complicated everything is I'll be surprised if loading an old save doesn't result in some kind of weirdness.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Dammit internet.

Yeah I'm banning that poo poo so hard when I get home

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Does Conclave do more with friends/enemies? Sounds like it might with the new childhood events.

Also, I can't believe it's coming up so soon! Super exciting!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

Still kinda peeved about the 'learning' stat on a guardian as not being made the main stat, that determines the chances of child stats to increase, and it just being 'whatever' now. I mean sure...it counters super-children being raised but...it'd be nice to have the learning stat be worth at least SOMETHING. :(

Otherwise it all looks great. My only worry tying into the former point is...with all these mechanics overhauls and changes, is it possible former non-Ironman saves will be much more incompatible to this expansion. Or are my fears unfounded?
Oh yea, I was gonna mention that too.

Learning is dreadfully useless. At least it should give some neat events or resolutions; as far as I remember there was gently caress all like that around, while there's plenty for diplo and intrigue.

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009
Will this dlc break saves like I assume it will?

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...
I imagine Conclave is going to lead to even more instances of me dealing with internal affairs for so long, that by the time I remember to zoom out on the map and take a look around, the world will have completely changed.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

comaerror posted:

I imagine Conclave is going to lead to even more instances of me dealing with internal affairs for so long, that by the time I remember to zoom out on the map and take a look around, the world will have completely changed.

"Glad we finally got that whole taxation and succession law business sorted out, time to deal with the French. Huh, who are these Aztec fellows?"

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

600 hours and I have yet to play a Republic, so:

What's the optimal range for spacing out merchant vassals? If I'm taking over the Indian coast, for instance, should I put 1 more off to the right? Two? I have no idea how much space they can utilize

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Nosre posted:

600 hours and I have yet to play a Republic, so:

What's the optimal range for spacing out merchant vassals? If I'm taking over the Indian coast, for instance, should I put 1 more off to the right? Two? I have no idea how much space they can utilize

There's actually only space for about 30 trade posts to the right east of your first merchant republic, which works out to 6 for each family. That's not a lot, so there's definitely not enough space for 2 merchant republics. Likewise, Anartta should be able to claim all trade posts to the west of them. There are a lot less coastal provinces in the Indian Ocean/Red Sea/Strait of Hormuz system than in the waters around Europe.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Sindai posted:

I saw the title and was disappointed it wasn't going to cover the council attitudes, then it just...kept...going. :swoon:

Same here, jesus christ.

"Oh, they're capping off the dev diaries with a education feature they snuck in just before release, might as well check thi-"

I thought they were giving EU4 preferential treatment, but they were just hiding it from us.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Glokta posted:

Will this dlc break saves like I assume it will?

Technically it probably won't since it doesn't gently caress with the map or anything that I know of, but I imagine it will hilariously gently caress up every realm in the world on loading a old save. So in practice yeah, you're going to want to start a new game.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Groogy posted:

Yeah I'm banning that poo poo so hard when I get home

He changed it to "Visit female prisoner" :downsbravo:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
hes a goon

also the dlc is going to probably be the absolute necessary DLC imo.

this is also the patch that addresses Nomads right? Is it going to be more against the Player playing a nomad or nomads in general? I'm not v good at nomads but i mean its still the easiest thing minus a muslim merhant republic.

I just don't want the ai Nomads nerfed to much as i've never had a problem with them. Thouhg since Invader Events are being fixed maybe I do :ohdear:

I'm to used to the itty bitty aztec and mongol invasions i've never had them be the old terrors they were :c

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

TheCIASentMe posted:

Yes... Time for elective monarchy Vikings. All of my sons will struggle. Only the best will receive the nomination to rule the others shall be cast off as mercenaries. :black101:

I dunno about you, but I'm sending off ALL of my sons to be mercenaries and then choosing my heir based on who makes it back alive.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ninjahedgehog posted:

I dunno about you, but I'm sending off ALL of my sons to be mercenaries and then choosing my heir based on who makes it back alive.

provided you survive

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

He changed it to "Visit female prisoner" :downsbravo:

Poe's law is seriously making me wonder if this guy isn't just doing this for a lark, as opposed to seriously.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm going to turn Ireland into the ultimate mercenary company factory - every able-bodied man in this court must have a stint in Irishmen Without Borders/Gaelic Dogs before they are deemed worthy.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

Poe's law is seriously making me wonder if this guy isn't just doing this for a lark, as opposed to seriously.

I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of "Game of Thrones does it, why can't vanilla?" looking at the comments on the page.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

quote:

Will probably limit what you can do to children.

...yeah say bye to that mod.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of "Game of Thrones does it, why can't vanilla?" looking at the comments on the page.

Yeah, they're amateurs. Evrerybody knows that you're supposed to just add it non-chalantly into your massive total conversion mod, like with Game of Thrones and Birthright.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Torrannor posted:

There's actually only space for about 30 trade posts to the right east of your first merchant republic, which works out to 6 for each family. That's not a lot, so there's definitely not enough space for 2 merchant republics. Likewise, Anartta should be able to claim all trade posts to the west of them. There are a lot less coastal provinces in the Indian Ocean/Red Sea/Strait of Hormuz system than in the waters around Europe.

Nice, thanks! So each family, ideally, should have a bit more than 6? 8-10, maybe, so 40-50 total coastal provinces available per republic vassal?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Nosre posted:

Nice, thanks! So each family, ideally, should have a bit more than 6? 8-10, maybe, so 40-50 total coastal provinces available per republic vassal?

That's probably a good figure. Remember that doges pay only half of your city tax rate, so if they have few trade posts you won't get that much money out of them.

You can also look at the last start date and note how many trade posts Venice, Genoa or the Hansa have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

verbal enema posted:

I just don't want the ai Nomads nerfed to much as i've never had a problem with them. Thouhg since Invader Events are being fixed maybe I do :ohdear:

If anything, the AI nomads seems too passive right now, and somehow they never manage to put together the same amount of horde troops any player easily can

• Locked thread