Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Is it worth resubbing for Invention? I'm max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You might as well shell out for bonds, two weeks for one. Premium club might still be on for few days for whole year if you have ~300m to burn.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

GuyUpNorth posted:

You might as well shell out for bonds, two weeks for one. Premium club might still be on for few days for whole year if you have ~300m to burn.

only got like 200m~ bank

guess i'll wait till invention is out and see if it looks fun

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

allta posted:

I can only get darkscape to load

Probably for the best!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

PIZZA LADY ADD THIS TO THE OP/INVENTION GUIDE

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

what the gently caress?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

what the gently caress?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
:stare:

Well, it's in the OP now.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

It's 2016 and we're kinkshaming weapons in Runescape smh

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What the gently caress happened

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Average Bear posted:

What the gently caress happened

The release of the most item sink to have ever item sinked. (expect possibly something related to EVE online).

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Stephen9001 posted:

The release of the most item sink to have ever item sinked. (expect possibly something related to EVE online).
So I should be happy I'm nowhere near the level reqs to try out invention?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
It's tailor-made for bankstanders.

I made a video!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
:stonklol: indeed.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:same:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Yall should be capping at the citadel, just saying

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Make sure you're using the avatars- all 3 have a full cap of their own. I used to put two on charcoal (because no-one usually does it), and one on whatever else we needed.

People will also always be dumbasses and overmine one ore to the detriment of the other. So lock resources you don't need if it's a problem.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Anyone want my staff?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'm going to go to the citadel just to overmine the wrong ore.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Talking/dialogue

Tyler is my favorite.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Double EXP weekend starts the 26th, excellent.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Soup du Jour posted:

Double EXP weekend starts the 26th, excellent.

What's the best items to stock up on to blast through a bunch of early invention levels on double xp weekend?

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
You wont get double xp in Invention yet. It will probably be 3-6 before they allow that stuff.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
Been hoping to back into RS for ages now. Finally got a successful recovery through, found it had a macroing ban on it about 6 months after I stopped playing but I'm guessing it was removed when the account was recovered? Logged in and found anything I had worth money missing. RIP blue mask and other millions sunk into gear.

It isn't all bad though, I came back to 4k fire runs, 10k mind runes, and 3k water runes. Which sounds like whatever was left over when this person cleared out all my poo poo. Maybe I should just be glad I got my account back at all.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ansith posted:

Been hoping to back into RS for ages now. Finally got a successful recovery through, found it had a macroing ban on it about 6 months after I stopped playing but I'm guessing it was removed when the account was recovered? Logged in and found anything I had worth money missing. RIP blue mask and other millions sunk into gear.

It isn't all bad though, I came back to 4k fire runs, 10k mind runes, and 3k water runes. Which sounds like whatever was left over when this person cleared out all my poo poo. Maybe I should just be glad I got my account back at all.

What's your levels like? Ports are a great way to build up cash once you've gotten beyond the start.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

fishmech posted:

What's your levels like? Ports are a great way to build up cash once you've gotten beyond the start.

I think last time I played I was aiming for doing ports, I don't even remember what I was aiming for now it was that long ago. Most of those levels don't seem as great as they used to.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ansith posted:

I think last time I played I was aiming for doing ports, I don't even remember what I was aiming for now it was that long ago. Most of those levels don't seem as great as they used to.

You have at least 90 cooking, so you're good to go to get it started at least, and start clearing out the early islands+getting scrolls so you can make things to sell.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

fishmech posted:

You have at least 90 cooking, so you're good to go to get it started at least, and start clearing out the early islands+getting scrolls so you can make things to sell.

They must have changed it since I last played, I don't remember cooking being one of the skills. I'll get started on that then, thanks for the heads up!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ansith posted:

They must have changed it since I last played, I don't remember cooking being one of the skills. I'll get started on that then, thanks for the heads up!

Here's the current roster of skills where at 90 you get a port adventurer:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Ansith posted:

You have 90+ cooking and hunter, which means that you can start doing the Chef and the Trapper voyages right away.

e; why

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 30, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:eyepop:

That's so cruel that I cant find it in myself to make fun of it.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Foreskin Problems posted:

It's tailor-made for bankstanders.

I made a video!

this is great

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
the elf walking up, turning around, and coming back to watch is perfect

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Oh boy, i decide to play for a month since i need to kill time until uni starts, see there's a dxp weekend. Do some Araxxor and get the final leg piece.

Daddies getting some 99's baby

joachim783
May 9, 2013
hey Aria Ryuko (not sure what your SA name is) if you see this in the next 24 hours you need to right click on death to get the reclaim items option.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

joachim783 posted:

hey Aria Ryuko (not sure what your SA name is) if you see this in the next 24 hours you need to right click on death to get the reclaim items option.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Edit: He says I have nothing to reclaim :(

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 4, 2016

Read
Dec 21, 2010

taiyoko posted:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Edit: He says I have nothing to reclaim :(

You have 24 hours of in game time, from the time of your death, before your items held by Death decay and are gone forever.

How much did you end up losing?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Read posted:

You have 24 hours of in game time, from the time of your death, before your items held by Death decay and are gone forever.

How much did you end up losing?

I don't remember exactly, I know Death was gonna charge me ~300k to save everything. I was skimming the wiki and it seemed to imply that if I told Death to not save stuff, that I'd just have to tele back to my grave in time to get it. Most annoying thing lost was my dragon defender.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
there is a table for reclaim costs on the wiki so i calculated it out and for a reclaim cost of 300k you would be risking around 15-20m depending on the distribution of item value unless you had some untradeable item with a high reclaim value like the Asylum surgeon's ring which has a reclaim value of 500k.

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
RING OF DEATH FOR LIFE YO