Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Sempervive sucks so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Mark kept reminding me of Brad Neely doing "Wizard People, Dear Reader" with his screechy voice.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Muddy Burphy posted:

Sempervive sucks so bad.

what did he do today?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Muddy Burphy posted:

Sempervive sucks so bad.

Listen, maybe you think he sucks so bad and there are reasons you could think that maybe you uhherrgggghhhh think he rambles on too long in run-on sentences that suddenly split in two different directions that contradict each other as you attempt to justify one statement and then allow for the potential counter-argument for the other and if you take that as given then maybe you can uhhherrgggghhhhh start to get frustrated because your original point has been lost and you're actually now arguing the complete opposite thing and it just starts to feel like you don't really know how to finish this sentence so it just kinda keeps on going and going and maybe you can save it by throwing in a joke or a reference and by the time the sentence finally finishes nothing has really been achieved at all?

Edit: In all seriousness I actually like Sempervive and when he isn't left to ramble unbroken and isn't trying too hard to be entertaining he can actually be quite good and come up with some interesting things to say.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mark is the guy on the left

He looks like the hybrid alien from Resurrection

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Muddy Burphy posted:

Sempervive sucks so bad.

On the other hand he hates Ryan.

It balances out.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

oatgan posted:

Mark is awful

He's more deaf than becky

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mark is the guy on the left

oh come on, there's got be a better pic of him than that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Eltoasto posted:

Also I couldn't stand the B&V show because of that more retarded Bobcat Goldthwait character. A rant segment would have been fine but he just wrecked the whole thing.

Man once I read this I couldn't unhear it

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Tryhard would be the term i'd give to him. Someone mentioned that he had a shtick of making GBS threads on the show the entire time which would've worked if the show wasn't actually really good.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Hes just trying to live up to his December to Dismember legacy

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sempervive was cool when he used to do the Sin Limites with Dave, but yeah WOL is usually bad and he doesn't help.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Did B&V skip their NWA recap this week or did they reschedule it? That's the only thing in their shows I listen to so I never know if the schedule changes.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Dunbar posted:

Did B&V skip their NWA recap this week or did they reschedule it? That's the only thing in their shows I listen to so I never know if the schedule changes.

Skipped this week for the Rumble. Next week they'll be behind then the Networks skips a week so they'll be in sync again.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

oatgan posted:

Mark is awful

Mark sucks

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
I can't get over Bryan's pronunciation of Strowman.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: In all seriousness I actually like Sempervive and when he isn't left to ramble unbroken and isn't trying too hard to be entertaining he can actually be quite good and come up with some interesting things to say.

I'd be okay with him being replaced by Josh Nason.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Good to see I was right about Mark all along.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

HerraS posted:

hes a lot better than you

mark account spotted

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

HulkaMatt posted:

guy stopped playing video games after he couldn't beat MIGHTY BOMB JACK

mighty bombJACK

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Spermgod posted:

mighty bombJACK

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?!?!?!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Good to see I was right about Mark all along.

you were.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Me, listening to Mark: Sckrhkk..Who fuckin cAARRES dude jsut the same boring poo poo every fuckin time

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

you can skim through the first 30 pages of the turner diaries and pick out most of them.

:golfclap:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Mark was awful last year too

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Good Listener posted:

Mark kept reminding me of Brad Neely doing "Wizard People, Dear Reader" with his screechy voice.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. He had that out-of-breath-wobbly-voice thing going whenever he got excited.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i liked when he made noises

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NOT

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Bryan talking about lucha matches being more inclined to be "just a bunch of spots" was cringeworthy and he should know better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Spermgod posted:

Bryan talking about lucha matches being more inclined to be "just a bunch of spots" was cringeworthy and he should know better.

And when was the last time Dave reviewed a Lucha match without a preamble talking about how dangerous the dives are?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

rovert posted:

And when was the last time Dave reviewed a Lucha match without a preamble talking about how dangerous the dives are?

Prolly that 5 minute Atlantis/Volador match from whatever the most recent worthless singles tournament CMLL did. That's like the only lucha I can remember him talking about of late, other than the Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi matches.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

"Well I don't think people want me to spoil the entire season of Lucha Undergorund"
*proceeds to immediately spoil unannounced wrestlers for Ultima Lucha*

That's when I tuned out. Who knows whatever the gently caress else he spoiled. Luckily I got it shut off after I heard one name.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Akileese posted:

"Well I don't think people want me to spoil the entire season of Lucha Undergorund"

That's when I tuned out. Who knows whatever the gently caress else he spoiled. Luckily I got it shut off after I heard one name.

Thanks for the heads up, deleting the ep now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Akileese posted:

I like hearing about new guys, but I skipped forward when he announced what I assume is a big match.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Thanks for the heads up, deleting the ep now.

Well, you get about...30 seconds of warning because Bryan asks what's going on with lucha undergorund, Dave says he doesn't want to spoil, Bryan asks about the business side of it, and then Dave starts off not spoilering...and then spoils it. It's kinda peak Dave.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Akileese posted:

Well, you get about...30 seconds of warning because Bryan asks what's going on with lucha undergorund, Dave says he doesn't want to spoil, Bryan asks about the business side of it, and then Dave starts off not spoilering...and then spoils it. It's kinda peak Dave.

Yeah I got burned with that last season with the Vampiro/Master reveal, I don't even want to go near it. Thanks again man.

Nero42
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/5-royal-rumble-rules-wwe-should-make-206321

good lord what a terrible article, all those suggested rules are awful

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Nero42 posted:

http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/5-royal-rumble-rules-wwe-should-make-206321

good lord what a terrible article, all those suggested rules are awful

#1 would actually be cool, I'd like to see WWE go a 'real sports' style with it and have more information. I assume they'd actually just have a half screen graphic about Roman Reigns being only 29 eliminations from the all time record or something though

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Spermgod posted:

You should know better when the person talking about lucha matches is Bryan Alvarez.

But no, it was pretty bad, you are right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
they used to review CMLL on the B&V show (source of the famous BEEEEEEE soundbite) so i figured he's seen enough to not buy into that talking point :shrug:

• Locked thread