Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
Were we meant to be certain as to who the Principal was speaking with in that car? I thought it was Nathan, but the figure seemed to also have some rad hipster glasses on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
It's Jefferson.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

STOP SMOTHERING ME MOM

You'd kill your plant without her

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah, the music in this game is generally great, and in particular the selections for the end-episode montages are on point. This and "Obstacles" for episode one really set the mood really well.

The choice in Principal Wells' office where I actually stopped playing the game first time. It was getting pretty late, and I was feeling quite drained after the "rooftop incident" - though I did manage to save Kate - that I didn't have the energy to worry about the possible consequences of blaming Nathan. That, and not being sure that it was actually going to be the end of the episode made me decide to quit for the evening, and I didn't load the game back up. New episodes seemed to be coming out surprisingly quickly, so I decided to wait until the whole game was out.

I got around to playing through the rest of it last month, and it became my favourite game of 2015.

As an aside, I'm glad we didn't choose to blame Mr. Jefferson (though he does kinda deserve it) on the basis of a full transcript of his conversation with Kate, as you're not that likely to hear all of it in the game - as evidenced by Panzer Skank not even knowing that you could.

And Long Live Lisa the plant!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You'd kill your plant without her

I forgot, okay? I'm really busy with narrative, choice-based adventure gameplay!

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I completely forgot about our plant!!!! IMO the dumbest decision in the game!! Like, "Oh, you thought watering your plant once a day was a good idea??? Well guess what, now you're a plant murderer!" How do 78% of Maxes possibly live with the guilt?

If you paid attention, you'd know watering Lisa once a day would be just fine.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I forgot, okay? I'm really busy with narrative, choice-based adventure gameplay!

Tell that to the plant you MURDERED

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Surprise Pizza posted:

As an aside, I'm glad we didn't choose to blame Mr. Jefferson (though he does kinda deserve it) on the basis of a full transcript of his conversation with Kate, as you're not that likely to hear all of it in the game - as evidenced by Panzer Skank not even knowing that you could.

Well we only posted it because I heard most of it on my first time through. It's not really about likelyhood so much as the personality type of the player, and I rewound to hear the full text of basically every combination you stumble across in the game. :v:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
How does the ending change if Kate jumps?

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

Well we only posted it because I heard most of it on my first time through. It's not really about likelyhood so much as the personality type of the player, and I rewound to hear the full text of basically every combination you stumble across in the game. :v:

True. Did you also go and listen in on Jefferson's phone conversation?

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

There's a police officer in the Principal's office, and in the ending montage it has a shot of a memorial to Kate outside the dorm building where she fell.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

The conversation with Warren becomes super sweet and touching as he really tries his best to comfort Max, and instead of the view of Kate in her hospital bed there's a lingering shot on a memorial shrine that's been set up outside of the dorms.

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 26, 2016

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

I'm sorry

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

What do you want to say here? Chloe is a muslim?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
toilet paper roll eclipse?

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Tarezax posted:

oh my god

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tarezax posted:

I see it now. Kaubocks what have you started?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I regret nothing

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Something tells me that as much as we hate Nathan and he's so obviously a bastard involved in shady poo poo, whatever happened to Rachel goes deeper than him. It's like, the obvious conclusion right now is TOO obvious, you know. And as this game is at least partly a mystery, good mystery writing principles say that it shouldn't be obvious whodunnit from really early on.
Or maybe I'm overthinking this. but still, the solution being "yeah, Nathan did all this poo poo like you thought" doesn't strike me as remotely satisfying.

wildcard theory: Mr. Jefferson is up to some shady poo poo. :tinfoil:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guess what? There is now an actual Everyday Heroes photo contest. The prize is a $10K scholarship.

A couple of the screenshots in the background may be slight spoilers, but there's not a lot of context to them.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Tarezax posted:

It explains everything, the snow from the first episode was actually tiny pieces of toilet paper. It even explains Max's time travel powers, imagine time as a roll of toilet paper...

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Dire Lemming posted:

It explains everything, the snow from the first episode was actually tiny pieces of toilet paper. It even explains Max's time travel powers, imagine time as a roll of toilet paper...

The closing of a door behind her represents the tearing of the toilet paper roll, until that point it can always be rewound

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Dire Lemming posted:

The power meter is even a spiral, as if time has been rolled up.

CaptianKatsura fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 27, 2016

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I feel like there's a reference I'm not getting.

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames

Ometeotl posted:

I feel like there's a reference I'm not getting.

Life is Strange 1-5 posted:

Yes, that's actually all it is.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I can explain. panzer and I were talking a day or two before that video came out and she said to me "there's something in this video I think you'll like. we look at the grocery list on the fridge and toilet paper is underlined like forty times"

to be perfectly honest I don't know if I would have noticed it if she hadn't said anything. she was right though because goddamn the prices must need toilet paper pretty bad. how could they have let that go for so long? is this a concept they've been struggling with?

these are the questions that keep me up at night

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
"Imagine four toilet rolls on a cliff..."

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

"there's something in this video I think you'll like. we look at the grocery list on the fridge and toilet paper is underlined like forty times"

What can I say I just know ur sense of humor so well

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Panzer Skank posted:

What can I say I just know ur sense of humor so well

Now if only Kaubocks could find a way to launch Chloe half way across the map...

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Just binged this over a couple of days and I am completely hooked. A friend said she loved the game so had a watch and man the whole thing is so amazing. The music and atmosphere is nailed 1000%.

Happy that Kate lived, hope it works out OK for the rest of the story.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Frozen_flame posted:

Happy that Kate lived, hope it works out OK for the rest of the story.

So!! I feel like this is a good point to mention, every decision we make works with the story because we aren't so much deciding the flow of the events, we're deciding what kind of person Max is! Someone asked before if there are early endings due to us loving up somehow, and I can tell you there aren't. Max's story is her story, it has a beginning and an end and we are along for the ride. The only thing we definitively get to change is how Max handles situations and treats people, how many friends she has, how responsible and how kind she is.
So far you guys have played her as completely selfless to the end for her friends, so I've tried to make the non-vote choices reflect that as well. Honestly because of the choices this thread has made, it would have been very difficult to lose Kate, and I would have had to very obviously gently caress up on purpose. This wouldn't have fit our Max at all? She's kind and thoughtful, she did everything she could to be there for Kate so far! However if you guys had decided differently, I would have absolutely handled the roof differently and the outcome could have changed.

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 27, 2016

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie

Panzer Skank posted:

Someone asked before if there are early endings due to us loving up somehow, and I can tell you there aren't.

It's not a game over if Max gets suspended?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not like they can kick her off campus, she lives there.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Skrewtape posted:

It's not a game over if Max gets suspended?

It is not a game over and we could have continued that path if it was voted for

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie

Panzer Skank posted:

It is not a game over and we could have continued that path if it was voted for

I just imagined that would have changed future dialogue so much they wouldn't have wanted to script all of that. In general, this game's really impressing me with the amount of missable content they're willing to create, to support such a malleable experience.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I'm glad we saved Kate.

Our Max is a good Max.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
The only gameover is if you kill Lisa. Because really you should just restart you horrible plant murderer.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Ramengank posted:

The only gameover is if you kill Lisa. Because really you should just restart you horrible plant murderer.

i actually did this

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Chiming in to say I still feel really bad about my choice at the end of the episode 2. And the plant.

Also, thanks for pointing out the limited edition going on sale earlier in the thread. I bought it and it's cool.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Maybe the Prices wouldn't be in such desperate need of toilet paper if they cooled it on the oil bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello good morning how are you! I've brought you a :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:Welcome to Episode 3! Time to Break Rules!! We're a rebel!! gently caress curfews!:siren:

Here are the new journal pages (there are several!):

• Locked thread