Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A good start to page 752, I think.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZMD11S/status/691147858574069760

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Pixiv, just how do you recommend me futa based on this?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That is a question that's gone unanswered for many, many years.

Someone found one a few years back.

Space Flower posted:

did someone buy the frog and measure it for this, or ..???

Before that however, they tried (successfully I believe) to reverse engineer a pattern using Nikki and her butt as a reference.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
One detail I really like for some reason in Shirobako is the nerdy guy on the team, Todou I think his name is (blonde mohawk guy), has the most anime figures on his desk.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That sounds kind of awful.

yeah it's really dumb even if you don't look at it from the lens of curing someone of lesbianism (which i do because the internet does this to me)

noa is allegedly changing this around, but it depends on to what. i mean apparently fates is a-okay with guys smooching guys and girls smooching girls? i would hope it's just toned down to 'man it's a little hard to get my poo poo together when i have a crush on every girl, can i like talk to you about this' and then you have a lovely chat about not putting romance above literally life or death situations and teach her about proper battlefield focus and compositions and then everyone is happy without all sorts of weird drink spiking

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

a kitten posted:

Before that however, they tried (successfully I believe) to reverse engineer a pattern using Nikki and her butt as a reference.

It was her lower arm, which was in turn referenced mostly from her butt.
I have a disturbing amount of frog-measuring pictures. :cripes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

a kitten posted:

In non anime touching news

http://isabevigodadead.com/

drat IT

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sylphid posted:

One detail I really like for some reason in Shirobako is the nerdy guy on the team, Todou I think his name is (blonde mohawk guy), has the most anime figures on his desk.
the personalized desk spaces are pretty nice details in that show. glasses dude who doesn't give a gently caress doesn't have any personalization on his desk, because he just sees it as a 9-5.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Gyra_Solune posted:

yeah it's really dumb even if you don't look at it from the lens of curing someone of lesbianism (which i do because the internet does this to me)

noa is allegedly changing this around, but it depends on to what. i mean apparently fates is a-okay with guys smooching guys and girls smooching girls? i would hope it's just toned down to 'man it's a little hard to get my poo poo together when i have a crush on every girl, can i like talk to you about this' and then you have a lovely chat about not putting romance above literally life or death situations and teach her about proper battlefield focus and compositions and then everyone is happy without all sorts of weird drink spiking

the Soleil situation's weirdness is compounded by the fact that Fates is the first one to allow same-sex couples but Soleil, the girl whose main characteristic is "likes pretty girls so much that she can't handle it" is not allowed to be part of a same-sex couple

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Controversial opinion, but I think Shirobako is a good cartoon

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

DoubleDonut posted:

the Soleil situation's weirdness is compounded by the fact that Fates is the first one to allow same-sex couples but Soleil, the girl whose main characteristic is "likes pretty girls so much that she can't handle it" is not allowed to be part of a same-sex couple
Incredibly disappointing.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Maybe she's too thirsty for just one drink.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

It's an inherited personality trait gag that was probably only though of in a bubble. The same-sex stuff is handled weirdly in general.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Motto posted:

It's an inherited personality trait gag that was probably only though of in a bubble.

Oh, sure, I'm just saying. I'd probably play as a lady if I could marry Soleil that way but it seems rude to have her marry a dude

(Also I don't care much about original Tharja and I therefore probably won't care about Not Tharja, who is the one girl allowed to date girls)

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Jostiband posted:

Controversial opinion, but I think Shirobako is a good cartoon

I think so. I was a little skeptical from the first three episodes, but it has kept my interest.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Tharja was crazy.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's more work, but they really should've had at least one M/M and F/F S-support per game.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

i'm sorry gays and lesbos but you only get one representative each and we already decided Tharja gets the yuri action

-fire emblem fates staff

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DoubleDonut posted:

My assumption is she's the stock anime girl friend character who likes grabbing girl's boobs but is also straight. Though that character type has become more openly gay in recent years I feel.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
One more

X

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Allarion posted:

My assumption is she's the stock anime girl friend character who likes grabbing girl's boobs but is also straight. Though that character type has become more openly gay in recent years I feel.

My understanding is that her main thing is that she gets nervous around pretty girls and can't mack on them properly, which I think is pretty unambiguous with regards to whether or not she's interested in girls

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Tharja was crazy.

crazy hot

though her daughter is better

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Motto posted:

It's more work, but they really should've had at least one M/M and F/F S-support per game.

it's super frustrating because i guess they realized it was a problem, but were also afraid of offending people if they gave more then one choice for each pairing???

i really don't get the reasoning behind it unless it was a last minute decision to toss people that wanted to be homosexual in the game a bone

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I tried really hard not to know every drat thing about Fire Emblem Fates before it came out, but here we are approximately eight years after it was announced and I've got opinions on the changes in characters' names

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

Oh, sure, I'm just saying. I'd probably play as a lady if I could marry Soleil that way but it seems rude to have her marry a dude

(Also I don't care much about original Tharja and I therefore probably won't care about Not Tharja, who is the one girl allowed to date girls)

not tharja is a lot chiller than regular tharja, tbh.

also her s support with female avatar is really cute, where she does the 'oh but we're both girls' shtick and kamui just goes 'it's because we're both girls'

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

not tharja is a lot chiller than regular tharja, tbh.

also her s support with female avatar is really cute, where she does the 'oh but we're both girls' shtick and kamui just goes 'it's because we're both girls'

Well, the other reason I probably won't care about her is that she's in the same faction as Hana, Rinkah, and Kinu

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol, i just read that kotaku article and

quote:

While the English version of Fates still includes many relationship-building activities by way of robust castle functionality, Nintendo confirmed to me that petting is 100 percent out. The rep explained, though they also defended the original intent of the Japanese version:

“Yes, that is the case. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”

i have no idea how that translates to 'facepetting is out.' it's way more likely that the guy is talking about suggestive dialogue in it being toned down.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

i just read that kotaku article
Nothing good ever comes after starting a sentence that way.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

lol, i just read that kotaku article and

i have no idea how that translates to 'facepetting is out.' it's way more likely that the guy is talking about suggestive dialogue in it being toned down.

that's the same thing as the soleil convo, where all nintendo said was "no, there's not gay conversion in our game".

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
But also the regular kind.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Bad Seafood posted:

She was every kind of hot imo.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Both hot and crazy hot? wow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Droyer posted:

Both hot and crazy hot? wow

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

they weren't going to let you pet her abs so maybe that feature was never any good anyway

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Erg posted:

it's super frustrating because i guess they realized it was a problem, but were also afraid of offending people if they gave more then one choice for each pairing???

i really don't get the reasoning behind it unless it was a last minute decision to toss people that wanted to be homosexual in the game a bone

Supposedly the third campaign lets you gay marry more characters, or so said the Kotaku article about removing the petting.

The dumbest thing is it's a fantasy setting, having heterosexuality be the norm is stupid. Give me a fantasy setting where being bi is the norm but there are some characters who are wholly straight or wholly gay, instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The dumbest thing is it's a fantasy setting, having heterosexuality be the norm is stupid. Give me a fantasy setting where being bi is the norm but there are some characters who are wholly straight or wholly gay, instead.
can i introduce you to my fire emblem romhack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

can i introduce you to my fire emblem romhack

You can when you finish it!!!

• Locked thread