Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Whoo boy, they sure got a lot of cheddar from this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ok lets try using this baby deagle with a sawblade hanging in front of it - game crashed god dammit

well thats ok maybe i can modify the blade off of- it removed all of the modifications and didnt refund the cost of them

0/10

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

That's horrible! We can never forgive these.....these....muensters! :qq:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Overkill's Walking Dead game has been delayed until second-half 2017, so I hope they've got some more fun heists lined up for this game, or that The Raid is enjoyable.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Was there any doubt in your mind that Walking Dead would be undercooked if not terrible? The only footage people have seen of it is that VR poo poo. Overkill is already milking this game out because its popular even when its hated, yet I'd have more faith in Storm being anything but a copyright name than WD having jack poo poo to show for itself at this point.

But yeah, hopefully Raid is good so we can have potential for Wolfenstein crossover.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 25, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Just found this. Concept art for walking dead, as well as a bunch of the material that went into different PD2 assets/trailers.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Next most annoying thing after people still foaming at the mouth over microtransactions: people calling for the game difficulty to be buffed. These usually aren't high-level infamy but claim they've been playing for a long time and are not higher level infamy nor done all the heists on DW because they find the game boring. How convenient.

Me, I like a game that I can win. What do these loving grognards do all day that daily life isn't already stressful enough?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wastrel_ posted:

Me, I like a game that I can win. What do these loving grognards do all day that daily life isn't already stressful enough?

Set up shop in the Steam Forums and record how many kinds of posts they can poo poo out? I dunno what they do, for I'm still a sane cop killer.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, the gently caress is with them? Why do they keep bitching about a game they claim to hate if they hate it this much, and know nothing will be changed?

It's like an army of weak nerds trying to topple a wall, they just..can't do it. But it's hilarious to watch them try

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Wastrel_ posted:

Next most annoying thing after people still foaming at the mouth over microtransactions: people calling for the game difficulty to be buffed. These usually aren't high-level infamy but claim they've been playing for a long time and are not higher level infamy nor done all the heists on DW because they find the game boring. How convenient.

Vox, your rebuttal?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Finale-Sempai can't come to the Phone right now, he got put in time out for another DnD thing. But I'm sure his answer is along the lines of "Hey you could still finish Deathvox, theoretically". With the patience of a masochist.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Wastrel_ posted:

tension, stress, and attrition is still the best part of payday. did you ever play the original by any chance? I'm banking on no

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
nailing my cock and balls to the wall right now saying "I enjoy this" in protest thinking about pd:th's difficulty. PM me for pics

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm cutting down everything I see with a baby deagle and constantly regenerating health with muscle. The only thing stopping me are cloakers and the bullshit death rays of black bulldozers. The weapon and perk deck balance is completely out of control.

Surely there is a middle ground between "unstoppable god of cop death" and "PD:TH pounding your balls with a mallet"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Crabtree posted:

Finale-Sempai can't come to the Phone right now, he got put in time out for another DnD thing. But I'm sure his answer is along the lines of "Hey you could still finish Deathvox, theoretically". With the patience of a masochist.

hahaha, link?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Surely there is a middle ground between "unstoppable god of cop death" and "PD:TH pounding your balls with a mallet"

give me the option for both

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
after 1500 hours in this miserable game and having my DW mask already, let me have a poo poo harder difficulty where the cop AI is actually improved and not just buffed so that they have increased HP and damage. I blame nobody for wanting this

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 26, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Bundies make fools of us all.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm cutting down everything I see with a baby deagle and constantly regenerating health with muscle. The only thing stopping me are cloakers and the bullshit death rays of black bulldozers. The weapon and perk deck balance is completely out of control.

As LNF so poignantly put it, there could be ways to improve on DW or OVERKILL difficulties, however, the people who dream up or demand it on the Steam forums either have no loving idea what they're talking about and/or want something only they would play. There's only so much more the diesel engine can take and it's barely able to handle goats.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crabtree posted:

What the hell is it with him and dungeons-

oh. Well, serves him right for going to DnD

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think the best challenge/minimal bullshit difficulty you're going to get is INH's Gensec on Overkill mod where it uses DW spawn tables and adds greys/skulldozers to the list but keeps Overkill values otherwise. It's more intense than regular Overkill difficulty (obviously) but it avoids some of DW's worst choices.

Or just play dw. Learn to love cloakers you can't kill before they charge you and Saiga dozers who kill you in 0.14 seconds. Then learn to defeat them. :getin:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Psion posted:

I think the best challenge/minimal bullshit difficulty you're going to get is INH's Gensec on Overkill mod where it uses DW spawn tables and adds greys/skulldozers to the list but keeps Overkill values otherwise. It's more intense than regular Overkill difficulty (obviously) but it avoids some of DW's worst choices.

Or just play dw. Learn to love cloakers you can't kill before they charge you and Saiga dozers who kill you in 0.14 seconds. Then learn to defeat them. :getin:

Or just play Overkill in nothing but suits, even in full Masterforcer builds. Yes you can bring Grinder but why would you when you can be the scariest thing alive with Muscle.
The Goat Sim Heist will gently caress you over for doing that tho.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
National Guard Response is also good despite the pathing problems.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Pub deathwish so the challenge comes from dumb teammates or lag or teammates who don't speak English (or any combination of those 3) :getin:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

National Guard Response is also good despite the pathing problems.

Goat sim heist with NGR on, miniguns and RPGs only :getin:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

Goat sim heist with NGR on, miniguns and RPGs only :getin:

The Coffee Stain Studios Approved Kit For Retrieving Goats: Complete Goat Heist in nothing but Suits, Miniguns, RPGs, and no skills. Unlocks a new safe.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I had a hard time on the goat heist. People kept running off solo and dying. It was rough stuff. Lots of disconnects and kicks today, the natives are restless. I had to resort to hosting myself, and my connection is kinda lovely.

I really like the the goat heist shotgun with Flechettes and, idk some barrel. Feels really nice. Whats everyones favorite/best smg? I can find one that i really like, i don't know how to mod them really.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Krinkov gets real loving beastly if you build it right. The Swedish K is good, but the recoil is kind of weird and takes getting used to.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Spec Ops is really good now. Basically a direct upgrade to the Uzi, which was good before. Also the Micro-Uzi is literally a Buzzsaw in pocket form. Really, you can't go wrong with SMGs now unless you use the Patchett or Compact 5.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I just accidentally ruined someones Normal difficulty mallcrashers stealh run, i joined and didn't realize they were stealthing . None of them had infamied, i'm infamy 2. I feel so guilty.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

UnknownMercenary posted:

The Spec Ops is really good now. Basically a direct upgrade to the Uzi, which was good before. Also the Micro-Uzi is literally a Buzzsaw in pocket form. Really, you can't go wrong with SMGs now unless you use the Patchett or Compact 5.

Compact 5's still has the most controllable recoil in my opinion, though it is not nearly as accurate as it used to be.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Micro-uzi is usable, you say..?

This gives me an idea.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It was always usable. All it needed before was more ammo. Now it has twice as much ammo as it did before as well as more damage.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Concordat posted:

Compact 5's still has the most controllable recoil in my opinion, though it is not nearly as accurate as it used to be.

Does the Straight Magazine have any effect on it? I know it gives a pretty decent drop to Stability.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

widespread posted:

Does the Straight Magazine have any effect on it? I know it gives a pretty decent drop to Stability.

The one I use has the straight magazine and it still gets 60+ stability.

Before the rebalance I could get it with the straight mag to 14 accuracy and 25 stability.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

canada jezus posted:

I just accidentally ruined someones Normal difficulty mallcrashers stealh run, i joined and didn't realize they were stealthing . None of them had infamied, i'm infamy 2. I feel so guilty.

Don't feel bad. You're teaching them not to be idiots. There is never a reason to stealth Mallcrashers.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A Someone edit Sokol's mask over this and title it "Message to r/paydaytheheist"

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/25/10-chambers-payday-creator-fps

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tempest_56 posted:

Vox, your rebuttal?

NO.

Concordat posted:

Having controllable recoil is pointless if you're not going to hit the target in the first place.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

So we're officially up to three Payday-connected spun-off co-op games, not counting that other thing Overkill has on the backburner and a theoretical (but probably inevitable) Payday 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Crime is in, man. Just wait until we get a loving Caveman Crime game.

Bonus points if they go full SERIOUS GAME and make it like Flintstones level goofy prehistory.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 27, 2016