Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*sees alien with weird tentacles instead of hair* i'm gonna gently caress that

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

No toast, no go.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Kavak posted:

That's B.J. Blazkowicz, Doomguy's ancestor.

Looks more like Doomguy to me, but it could probably be either.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

Does this count as fanart
If if it does, it finally gives me an excuse to post this!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

Slightly :nws: for princess nipples?

I'm a dumb sucker for well-drawn classical art references.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That's by the same guy who made the Nintendo dime novel covers which are also cool fanart. They've been posted here before but are worth reposting.

Also one that's a video game but not Nintendo:

And of course these:

Source

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Vorpal Cat posted:

The worst part is the rest of their outfits a for the most part perfectly sensible military jackets, its like the entire cast just collectively forgot pants and skirts exist. Which is somehow worse and dumber then if they more upfront and just had the entire outfit be fan service.

No you see if they wore pants it would get in the way of their airplane legs (and skirts would assumedly introduce unwanted drag). Like you can't interface with airplane legs through clothing.

That's why the one older lady gets to wear trousers. She's retired from having airplane legs.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

scandoslav posted:

No you see if they wore pants it would get in the way of their airplane legs (and skirts would assumedly introduce unwanted drag). Like you can't interface with airplane legs through clothing.

That's why the one older lady gets to wear trousers. She's retired from having airplane legs.

poo poo like Strike Witches is why I stopped watching anime years ago. I don't want to be put on any lists.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pomp posted:

Bioware designed that species purely for people too gently caress an alien. They are serious writers making serious stories.

Who What Now posted:

poo poo like Strike Witches is why I stopped watching anime years ago. I don't want to be put on any lists.

"Ah but you see not all anime is bad here let me tell you about my recommendations!" :words:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Less kvetching more fanart

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Pomp posted:

That's not the intended appeal

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Girls und Panzer is good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

this is a sex thing isn't it

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Internet Kraken posted:

Bioware designed that species purely for people too gently caress an alien. They are serious writers making serious stories.

Then they were surprised to find that everybody actually wanted to gently caress the scaly monster with a face like a cricket and the chick in the gasmask with the bird feet.

e: Lest that sound too harsh, I've played through the series like six or seven times

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As I recall, Bioware wanted something with a pulpy sci-fi flavour, so of course they needed a race of space babes, resulting in the Asari. However, between Tali being anyone a player can imagine beneath the mask, and Brandon Keener sounding smooth as gently caress thanks to both his natural voice and the Turian sound filter being two great tastes that taste great together, they became love interests in the next game. Hell, I heard from somewhere that Garrus had the second most lines in ME3 thanks to his popularity among both male and female fans, which is a lot of work for a character who might have not survived to see that game.

EDIT: Might as well post some fanart.

(might be :nws:, I guess?)

(definitely :nms:)

CommissarMega has a new favorite as of 00:24 on Jan 27, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Concordat has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Jan 27, 2017

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I can understand Garrus being your space bro but I'm just surprised so many people wanted to romance the bird cricket

Pomp posted:

this is a sex thing isn't it

all things boil down to sex things

e: even this post :flashfap:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you wouldn't bone Garrus even as a dude you're hosed up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
With the way Bioware romances work you can accidentally end up loving a space lizard.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Were there any characters you couldn't gently caress by ME2?... The pilot, because he was too busy loving the spaceship, anyone else?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Squishy posted:

Were there any characters you couldn't gently caress by ME2?... The pilot, because he was too busy loving the spaceship, anyone else?

the spaceship

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Your clone.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
You originally couldn't sleep with Vega, the guy who constantly flirts with you but then shuts down when you actually call him on it, but then they added DLC where you can drunkenly hook up for one night, call it a mistake, and then agree to pretend it didn't happen.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
You could never gently caress Wrex and it is the greatest failure of the Mass Effect series.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Mr. Squishy posted:

by the time the citadel dlc was released, anyone single was fair game

even the prothean

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

scandoslav posted:

Yet apparently nylons are perfectly fine. Did we forget to mention how they randomly grow cat/fox/bunny ears and tails when using magic, because we didn't have enough fetishes.

Probably the best tank combat anime in existence, and I'm not sure if that's funny, or just sad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aerox posted:

You could never gently caress Wrex and it is the greatest failure of the Mass Effect series.

Four balls on the edge of the bed

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vorpal Cat posted:

Probably the best tank combat anime in existence, and I'm not sure if that's funny, or just sad.

Why not both? I think it's obvious that the dudes in charge wanted to make something where they can just sperg on about tanks, but the powers that be wanted moe girls so that it could sell. Hell, apparently so did the animators- I remember the show having to air its last few episodes months later than planned because some idiot animator slipped in a panty shot or something, and it took that long to take it out and reschedule.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sakurazuka posted:

:golfclap:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Good time to repost this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXfdh6tp4o

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I love this, but I'm trying to come up with some connection between all this characters and I've got nothing.

There's a lot of arcade game characters, but also a bunch from games that I'm pretty sure have never been in arcades.

I guess it could just be characters from old games? But Midna messes that up Twilight Princess may be 9 years old, but that's still far newer than everything else there.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

The Reaper cycle works the same way.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:sbahj:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought they were talking about mass effect, not jojo's bizarre adventure

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Who What Now posted:

If you wouldn't bone Garrus even as a dude you're hosed up.

Truer words were never spoken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aerox posted:

play kotor and gently caress canderous ordo, literally the exact same thing

• Locked thread