Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Someone needs to make a wrestling fan signs/gifs thread. So much greatness

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Detroit wishes Kevin Nash was its Emergency Manager.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nitro Fans is by far the best thing to ever come out of Tumblr

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Kevin Nash were running the Lions, Detroit would have had a ring by now

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Please keep TNA out of a thread dedicated to the greatest promotion in the history of our sport.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

Lee Marshall will be done on 1/4. He went on Bob Ryder's web site with an interview claiming he was quitting because WCW wanted him to move to Atlanta, and because he had a production company in Los Angeles, he didn't want to make the move. Actually Marshall attempted a power play to get more air time, largely trying to either cut into or get Mike Tenay's spot. When Tenay lost his voice before the 11/30 Nitro and Marshall wasn't even used to take his place, he realized his die was cast. His contract was expiring and he opened negotiations with WWF, which basically guaranteed his exit. Tony Schiavone seemed so thrilled with Marshall that on the 12/21 show when he led into the road report with Marshall's voice, Schiavone wouldn't even say his name

quote:

USA Today on 12/18 ran a short piece on Dana Hall. Hall was quoted as saying about wrestling, "This is a form of entertainment that reaches millions of people, much of them children. The abuse of status and bad role modeling and drug abuse among the wrestlers is out of control." Alan Sharpe of WCW responded saying that Scott Hall was in rehab earlier this year and "Since Scott has returned, he's been professional and performed his job for WCW like he should. The man has a right to make a living. He's conducted himself well with us. We can't just ask him to leave. Believe me, if he came to one of our tapings and we felt like he was under the influence, them, yeah, we would have a problem." HAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, my computer went berserk having to type that quote. Like two car wrecks and two or three arrests, some if not most having some relation to alcohol abuse directly after coming out of rehab in WCW's eyes constitutes not having a problem. I shouldn't even joke about this situation because what is so sad about this situation is that this profession learned absolutely nothing from the legacy of Brian Pillman and Louie Spicolli and everyone else, and just ignores problems, and five car wrecks over the last several months and incidents every other week indicate a problem. But to WCW, the only problem isn't that one of its wrestlers was drat lucky he wasn't killed on Thanksgiving weekend when he destroyed his car in something that after all the arrests and car wrecks can't be considered a random occurrence, but that his ex-wife is giving them some bad publicity in the national media. Don't get me wrong. Dana Hall has no media savvy and has said things not having to do with Hall that she have been better off from a credibility standpoint not saying because they are some strong charges that she can't prove are true and may very well not be true. But it's hard to consider in the big picture her as a bigger problem to WCW than what her ex has turned into. Because this business has become so high profile in recent months, the wrong death or OD will be a bigger news story than ever before to the national media. The problem is the profession will be more concerned about the news story and the fallout from it than care enough to do even the measures taken by real sports in attempting to prevent the actual deaths. Dana Hall has stated that she was misquoted in the recent National Enquirer story although most of what was in the story was true, and that Scott Hall presented her with a contempt of court summons. She said she has given up speaking out on the subject because her sole purpose was to wake Scott up to address his problems and he doesn't care

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Sometimes it's hard to read long passages from the Observer, because I can't stop mentally rewriting the interminable run-on sentences as I go.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

Sometimes it's hard to read long passages from the Observer, because I can't stop mentally rewriting the interminable run-on sentences as I go.

Yeah adding a lot of "Uhhhs" "Yknow" makes it more readable.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

My eyes get blurry and I forget what I was doing every time I get halfway down that paragraph on Dana Hall.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Halloween Jack posted:

I can't help but add some paragraph breaks when I post quotes from the Observer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I can't help but add some paragraph breaks when I post quotes from the Observer

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does that

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Hearing Dave talk is equally annoying because he just speaks too quickly and then starts rambling and forgets to answer the question he's asked.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Don't you love how the the top story from that Observer is the assumption WCW finalized a deal with NBC to run shows against WWF ppv's

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vertical Lime posted:

Don't you love how the the top story from that Observer is the assumption WCW finalized a deal with NBC to run shows against WWF ppv's

WCW had finalized the deal to the point where they were booking arenas and dates.

NBC was looking to get some programming in place because the NBA was locked out.

Turner corporate dragged their feet on signing it.

Then the NBA lockout ended and NBC withdrew the deal.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Yeah I heard the whole story today. I'm just wondering how they would have done if it happened, post-fingerpoke and all.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So do we have a Hulk Hogan death pool running? I'm thinking this'll be the year he goes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Hogan has outlived Andre, Savage, Yokozuna, Warrior, Earthquake...if you asked me "which wrestler is going to die next," I wouldn't bet on the Hulkster, brother. Wood did a lot of roids and probably coke and booze, but just as an example, Sheik is a decade older and did crack and pills.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."
Hulkster's definitely beyond the "if he was gonna go he would have by now" point

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Halloween Jack posted:

Hogan has outlived Andre, Savage, Yokozuna, Warrior, Earthquake...if you asked me "which wrestler is going to die next," I wouldn't bet on the Hulkster, brother. Wood did a lot of roids and probably coke and booze, but just as an example, Sheik is a decade older and did crack and pills.

Great Khali

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
No one buries the Hulkster, brother!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

UpfrontSalmon posted:

Hulkster's definitely beyond the "if he was gonna go he would have by now" point

On that note, I'm pretty sure Ric Flair and Vince McMahon will live forever.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."
Also they literally called him THE IMMORTAL HULK HOGAN - they give those titles out to just anybody, DUDE

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
does this mean that Hernandez is going to live forever

I don't want to live in such a world

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
You're in luck, Hercules is already dead.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

ayn rand hand job posted:

WCW had finalized the deal to the point where they were booking arenas and dates.

NBC was looking to get some programming in place because the NBA was locked out.

Turner corporate dragged their feet on signing it.

Then the NBA lockout ended and NBC withdrew the deal.
IIRC One of the events was supposedly called "New Year's Evil," and it was to have a supernatural angle with Vampiro and the Kiss Demon.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

You're in luck, Hercules is already dead.

He really shouldn't have accepted that shirt.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Hercules possessed such strength as to make Paul Roma seem not horrible for the duration of their Power and Glory run. Thank you Hercules. May flights of angels carry you to your rest.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Halloween Jack posted:

Jake Roberts is still alive. I guess he didn't roid up like the others but still :shrug:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If it wasn't for DDP Jake would've been on that list years ago

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dario the Wop posted:

IIRC One of the events was supposedly called "New Year's Evil," and it was to have a supernatural angle with Vampiro and the Kiss Demon.

I don't think I can ever forgive Turner for denying us this.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

If it wasn't for DDP Jake would've been on that list years ago

I think Jake had reached Keith Richards levels where he'd transcended the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol and was basically sustained on them!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Croc posted:

I think Jake had reached Keith Richards levels where he'd transcended the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol and was basically sustained on them!

Yeah if he wasn't dead by then I really doubt a few more years would've taken him out. Hall was the one who kept having legit come-to-jesus medical emergencies

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Croc posted:

Maybe, but the death of Lemmy taught us that even such manners of preservation can't keep death away forever.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

Maybe, but the death of Lemmy taught us that even such manners of preservation can't keep death away forever.

It's all about the game and how you play it.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
But if Ho Kogan dies will they bury-alive Beefcake with him like some kind of ancient king's retainer?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

But if Ho Kogan dies will they bury-alive Beefcake with him like some kind of ancient king's retainer?
I don't think they're friends after Beefcake burglarized Hogan's house and stole his jewelry.

Jesus, people, this is how the pyramids got robbed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't think they're friends after Beefcake burglarized Hogan's house and stole his jewelry.

Jesus, people, this is how the pyramids got robbed.

Ahahahahahaha, what?! And why isn't this his new gimmick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Ed Leslie, man desperately in need of another gimmick.