Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

knuc go celebrate Australia Day and get off the forums nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Yodzilla posted:

loving lol. also that's one of the Top 10 Video Game Death Screams

i remember playing a poo poo game called Chrome back in the day which billed itself as an open-world fps-rpg and had an inventory system like Deus Ex. i stopped like two hours into it because the enemy AI had instant reaction times and as soon as even a sliver of you showed around a corner they'd start dumping bullets into you. that kind of crap is like a hallmark of lovely eastern european first person shooters and i don't understand how they can make a whole game without realizing that's not fun at all

watch what you say about eastern european developers, janky ambitious eastern bloc fps/rpg hybrids is my favourite genre

also al i don't remember you quitting the forums and literally no one cares, not even knuc, so let's all just get alnog

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

how do they celebrate, by being more openly racist than normal

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blackula69 posted:

watch what you say about eastern european developers, janky ambitious eastern bloc fps/rpg hybrids is my favourite genre

also al i don't remember you quitting the forums and literally no one cares, not even knuc, so let's all just get alnog

get out of here S T A L K E R

technically not eastern european, or is it? I dunno Ukraine is weird.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ukraine is eastern europe, yes.

basically everything between russia and poland above romania, non-inclusive

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 27, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Siljmonster posted:

get out of here S T A L K E R

technically not eastern european, or is it? I dunno Ukraine is weird.
ur weird

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the witness is pretty cool, played for ~2 hours and already had several "holy crap that's part of a puzzle?" moments

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
if it's in gary grisby's war in the east then it's part of eastern europe

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ugh, seems like Beamdog has stopped selling any games except Baldurs Gate; they were the only place to legit buy Boiling Point / White Gold / Precursors, premier east-euro-jank fpsrpg titles.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Blackula69 posted:

Literally yes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Blackula69 posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-27/two-dead-car-plunges-off-bridge-in-melbournes-north-west/7116196

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
witness good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

gonna hold off on the witness till some more reviews roll in or until it's free on ps+ in tyool 2027

also gonna buy fire watch on day one

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

one reborn down first try :smug: (if you don't count getting one-shot by it when i was co-oping)

really fun fight, basically felt like bloodborne's take on the tower knight. a little on the easy side, but im not much complaining. onto even greater madness!

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

one reborn down first try :smug: (if you don't count getting one-shot by it when i was co-oping)

really fun fight, basically felt like bloodborne's take on the tower knight. a little on the easy side, but im not much complaining. onto even greater madness!
grats on approaching the endgame

have you done amygdala yet?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

grats on approaching the endgame

have you done amygdala yet?

nope, don't even know where she is. i know i missed the entirety of castle cainhurst so i think im gonna look up where that is and do that next, then i might track her down

after i beat one reborn i went into the lecture hall then found the nightmare of mensis, which if im not mistaken is where the final boss is. so close to the end!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

oh also does the game automatically launch you into ng+ or can you choose when to go a la dark souls 2?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Notorious QIG posted:

oh also does the game automatically launch you into ng+ or can you choose when to go a la dark souls 2?

as soon as you beat the final boss it rolls credits and starts ng+

also lol at the witness just found james burke

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Notorious QIG posted:

once you beat the boss that's it

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
well, the final boss might be the one in mensis. kind of depends on you and how willing you are to eat umbilical cords :3:

to do amygdala, you can get to the nightmare frontier (not nightmare of mensis) from the lecture building on the ground floor

and yeah, you should prolly go do cainhurst. it's got some great stuff in it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
apparently the witness is a big gently caress you to the colorblind

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

down with muties!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

well, the final boss might be the one in mensis. kind of depends on you and how willing you are to eat umbilical cords :3:

to do amygdala, you can get to the nightmare frontier (not nightmare of mensis) from the lecture building on the ground floor

and yeah, you should prolly go do cainhurst. it's got some great stuff in it

i hosed up the umbilical stuff because i didnt know about it until post-rom :rip:

i'll do some of the other side stuff before tackling the final boss, kind of lame that i can't do it after though :/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

once you beat the boss that's it

the souls games really like taking sidesteps huh

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
just found out that you CAN aggro vendrick in sotfs, i just lacked the commitment to do it the first time i tried :catstare:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

and you get one of the coolest weapons in the game.... only after beating the final boss so you can ONLY use it in ng+

the scythe used by the boss

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cgs:

witness is really good and you should all go play it

Sagebrush posted:

Mistahh Jay Cee Denton...in da fresh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHQZNNajxOk

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

i hosed up the umbilical stuff because i didnt know about it until post-rom :rip:

i'll do some of the other side stuff before tackling the final boss, kind of lame that i can't do it after though :/
there's 4 total you can get in a playthrough, 2 of which can be missed. you might want to double-check

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

if you haven't done any of the cainhurst sidequest there's a chance you can still get all three umbilical cords. depends on how much you explored forbidden woods (and im assuming you didnt really)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:perfect:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13e1VQYcuNw

hell yeah

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Vintersorg posted:

and you get one of the coolest weapons in the game.... only after beating the final boss so you can ONLY use it in ng+

the scythe used by the boss

actually the weapon is available for purchase after beating the first hunter. you can use it by getting out of the moon presence fight either by dying or bold hunter masking out.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
c witness s: it has bell peppers

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

11/10 goty unmissable truly the best game ever made

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Why the gently caress would I celebrate Australia Day?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

also gonna buy fire watch on day one
congrats on your correct gaming decision, friend

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dragon enthusiast posted:

if you haven't done any of the cainhurst sidequest there's a chance you can still get all three umbilical cords. depends on how much you explored forbidden woods (and im assuming you didnt really)

ill look into it but im not optimistic

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ugh, seems like Beamdog has stopped selling any games except Baldurs Gate; they were the only place to legit buy Boiling Point / White Gold / Precursors, premier east-euro-jank fpsrpg titles.

when I tried to buy precursors a few months ago they weren't sending keys, even though it was on their website

i loved those games so much

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why the gently caress would I celebrate Australia Day?

you're right, knuc, people have demonstrated an unseemly ignorance of your humble kiwi beginnings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

ill look into it but im not optimistic
Not related but go check out cainhurst since it's cool, and before that try talking to any of the windows/doors with incense burning outside them in Yharnam/Hemwick for a potential new interaction if you haven't done so in a while.

• Locked thread