Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Nessus posted:

OK, so you murder all the journalists. Then what?

Like what does this accomplish, or is it just "I don't care about anything but hurting people who annoy me"

Pretty sure this is the right wing version of "eat the rich."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

Is there a way to block certain YouTube channels entirely so you never see them in your recommendations or YouTube front page? I'm subscribed to Feminist Frequency so any time Anita Sarkeesian posts a new video I'm bombarded with recommendations for the latest bullshit "response" by The Amazing rear end in a top hat ("Anita Sarkeesian vs. Butts" is the latest one) or Shitlord of Akkad and I just want to never see any of them ever again.

the phrase shitlords has been co-opted by morons trying to be :smug:

gotta come up with a new phrase

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's a smugger version of facebook memes shared by your racist uncle

sounds like weev

https://storify.com/weev/fun-with-twitter-ads-day-1

EDIT: https://twitter.com/DuckKnightRises

that was quick...

BornAPoorBlkChild has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Jan 26, 2016

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

All systems consisting of people can be short-circuited by trolls and charlatans.

(An observation I made during a Tumblr argument that consisted of: "How will I identity the ubermenschen so I can better defer to them?" "You can't you dope." "I can too!" "No you can't.")

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is Sargon of Akkad DE or just a generic bigot?

Does SA have mockthread for types like him?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Another reason no one is feigning outrage this time.

Also I use this extension for Chrome because youtube can't take a hint. There's a Firefox version too.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Curvature of Earth posted:

All systems consisting of people can be short-circuited by trolls and charlatans.

(An observation I made during a Tumblr argument that consisted of: "How will I identity the ubermenschen so I can better defer to them?" "You can't you dope." "I can too!" "No you can't.")

arguing with the rationalist cluster will tilt your tumblr experience to the "blue hell" side.

(they're the people who add me lately. THIS WOULD BE TIME FOR ME TO REFLECT ON POOR LIFE CHOICES)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Deified Data posted:

Is Sargon of Akkad DE or just a generic bigot?

Does SA have mockthread for types like him?

The Venn diagram of GG and DE isn't a circle, but they're both based on misogyny, white supremacy, and spending too goddamned much time on the internet, so there's definitely overlap.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

"The purge is coming." "don't let them disappear me". You got blocked from a website, you egg. Christ what a loving drama queen.

Bonus: Jokeocracy contributes to the slow death of our great language, thinks "trigger" means "anything that annoys people he doesn't like".

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
First they came for the 20 something racist uncles and I did nothing.

Then they kinda stopped coming, so I thought that was a good deal.

EDIT: This all makes sense if you assume that, like the Amazing Atheist, they have fantasies about being publicly guillotined and this is all fetish play for them.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

There's something poignant about crazy nutjobs believing that they're about to get kidnapped, in the exactly the same manner that a government that was the same kind of fascist that they advocate would. Totalitarian governments are only bad when other people do it.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure Scott Adams counts as an actual DE thinker, but I guess this thread roughly fits ...

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/136330131311/hypnotizing-you-to-have-the-best-new-years-day
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/134861704021/my-offer-to-stop-donald-trump
Is the guy simply insane, or am I missing how this is the kind of joke he's known to do?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Cingulate posted:

Not sure Scott Adams counts as an actual DE thinker, but I guess this thread roughly fits ...

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/136330131311/hypnotizing-you-to-have-the-best-new-years-day
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/134861704021/my-offer-to-stop-donald-trump
Is the guy simply insane, or am I missing how this is the kind of joke he's known to do?

Adams has been going weird for quite a while - I skimmed his first non-Dilbert book, God's Debris, in 2001? and thought "Uhmmm ..."

He’s been on his dormant volcanic island of weird for some time and the rumbling is becoming more obvious. Even the Dilbert cartoons are going weird now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cingulate posted:

After reading this there is absolutely no way Scott Adams isn't a rapist.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

In the past, I have been guilty of the thought "Could neoreaction possibly be more fascist?" No more!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Doc Hawkins posted:

In the past, I have been guilty of the thought "Could neoreaction possibly be more fascist?" No more!

Yeesssss splinter, you know you want to.

Form those circular firing squads

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Sorry, for a faction to split, it first must grow, and the prog journalist hegemony is too strong for the average person to ever learn about the strong and pure memes they truly need.

e: :heritage:

Doc Hawkins has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Jan 27, 2016

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Dick Dorkins is promoting Sargon of Akkad now. Jesus Christ.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Woolie Wool posted:

The article implies that this is a new low but is anyone really surprised by Dawkins' antics anymore?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Woolie Wool posted:

He just took over the Center for Inquiry. Christ, he can't die soon enough

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

divabot posted:

Adams has been going weird for quite a while - I skimmed his first non-Dilbert book, God's Debris, in 2001? and thought "Uhmmm ..."

He’s been on his dormant volcanic island of weird for some time and the rumbling is becoming more obvious. Even the Dilbert cartoons are going weird now.

Dilbert 3 was not a parody, but a premonition.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Doc Hawkins posted:

So I'll give props to these guys, they actually managed to get all the way to the third point of their manifesto before saying something jaw-droppingly stupid. Also, I'd encourage everyone to go through and read the comments, if only to marvel at the guy who freaks out at

Heroic Reaction Manifesto posted:

White racial community is the core

because it isn't racist enough.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Who What Now posted:

After reading this there is absolutely no way Scott Adams isn't a rapist.

I've been waiting for him to dehumanize himself and face to bloodshed for a while now, and he's not making any indication of doing anything else.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Annointed posted:

Dark Enlightenment people are fascists, they just like to pretend not to be when it's convenient for them.

I like how their version of Trump is somehow even worse than real life Trump. Like Real Life Trump's fash as all hell but in a, i don't know, Mussolini-ish flavor? But drat if they won't project their raging Hitler hard-ons onto him whenever they can.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I like how their version of Trump is somehow even worse than real life Trump. Like Real Life Trump's fash as all hell but in a, i don't know, Mussolini-ish flavor? But drat if they won't project their raging Hitler hard-ons onto him whenever they can.

The idea is that it's not at all inconceivable that Trump could grow into what NRx wants him to be.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

First they came for the 20 something racist uncles and I did nothing.

Then they kinda stopped coming, so I thought that was a good deal.

EDIT: This all makes sense if you assume that, like the Amazing Atheist, they have fantasies about being publicly guillotined and this is all fetish play for them.

Ugh now you made me remember the Amazing Atheist's fetish video he made with the hot oil thanks :barf:

Merdifex posted:

The idea is that it's not at all inconceivable that Trump could grow into what NRx wants him to be.

Oh yeah totally, but these guys are so far ahead of themselves it's like watching a bunch of white pasty nerds circlejerking to the concept of the holocaust while Hitler was still in prison.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

GlassElephant posted:

don't be mad, obama got over 500 drone murders, president trump is just going to use his free murders on journalists & with a lot more style

It must be hard to simultaneously want to kill all the brown people and also hate obama, a man who has killed more brown people than they will ever be able to

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Doc Hawkins posted:

This is Nick Land trying for dibs on naming rights for the alt-right, the 14/88 24/7 crew with a bit of neoreactionary jargon, who had already quite happily self-labeled "alt-right" for a fair while by then. Next up: Nick Land discovers Iron Pill.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I read the comments at Jim's Blog and watching the manosphere turn on White Nationalists (for not being patriarchal enough) is pretty :allears: .

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

The article implies that this is a new low but is anyone really surprised by Dawkins' antics anymore?

He could not handle being savagely BOFA'd on twitter and faced the inevitability of the void

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I must say, Land showing up did bring us the attention of the leftist academics for the really champagne quality NRx shitposting. Excerpt:

quote:

It’s no weird quirk that the continental philosopher Nick Land is both a founding figure of modern Right Accelerationism and of Neoreaction. It is precisely his continental roots that provide a foundation for such fascism. Forming a model of the world through a very sweepingly abstract and macroscopic analysis and embracing the first explanations or narratives that fall out rather than looking deeper for ways to reshape and change things is the very polar opposite of radicalism. Even in those moments where concrete language is adopted, the neoreactionary impulse has consistently been to make quick claims about what is and ignore all other possible explanations. Of course neoreactionaries as a whole come from many directions, some former transhumanists who recoiled from much of technology when they realized the inescapable liberatory conclusions of giving people more means, but Nick Land’s project is very much one still in the vein of the worst tendencies of continental philosophy. And we should not be surprised. Accelerationism as a term has a nihilist history, a context Land and in the process other accelerationist writers are consciously calling upon.

Nihilism, like God, unleashes mental stress by ultimately acting as a cognitive stop, a get-out-of-thinking-free excuse — to be desperately invoked rather than reflected on. And so it either inherits or forms arbitrary feedback loops to protect this state of brain death. In neoreactionaries this finds expression through their hunger for the quickest ways to provide models. Invoking cognitive science to ‘explain away’ rather than to radically probe. Everything can be quickly dismissed as signalling or ritual or IQ or race or whatever. Looking for dynamics only insofar as one can quickly create a taxonomies or just-so-stories to slap on things and impede any further examinations that might lead to competing hypotheses or radically new possibilities.

In contrast to this reactionism one might pose an actual, full-throated embrace on many levels of “deterritorialization” and “unleashed flows” — not as a nihilist position that gives up and accepts whatever drifts its way — but instead as a position of Full Vigilance. Such vigilance is ultimately the only solid thing in the conceptual or computational landscape — as a direction rather than a point. It is adamantly not an abyss. For vigilance to signify an endless nothingness one must adopt the nihilist position that all arguments or perspectives are equally mappable into one another once you cast off all arbitrary attachments. That there is no metastructure or universally unique points in the flows of meta-desire. Such a perfectly flat situation would of course be an astoundingly ordered one and thus an unlikely random topology, but the nihilists cling to this delusion of flatness or meaninglessness as an excuse to get out of vigilantly exploring any further. To just default on whatever instincts or impulses they’re currently prone to without much examination. Sometimes this leads to a bunch of burnouts collectively trying to hold onto the friendships and aesthetic trappings of their former anarchist life. Other times it leads to nerd neonazis talking about how whites and ‘alpha’ men will rule after the collapse of civilization. In either case the surrender is one of conceptual-localism — wandering in happenstance circles or sticking to a current position merely because you happen to reside there and deriding any world-traveling or diligent exploration as a waste. Both are caught in the pull of an increasingly irrational rejection of the universal, the cosmopolitan, the earnestly curious.

A bit jargonised, but if you've followed NRx a bit you should get the idea.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Woolie Wool posted:

They say old age is like a second childhood, so Dawkins once again has the mind of a British child in a British colony in Africa, with servants.

This also explains why he considers a Muslim child a worthy foe.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Possibly the most Dork Enlightenment thing ever:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-school-2-dead/

quote:

The man walked into the Kronan school in Trollhättan, Sweden, on Thursday morning dressed in the style of Darth Vader, with a long black trench coat, black boots, black helmet and a mask similar to the “Star Wars” villain’s. He played eerie music but didn’t say a word.

Strangest of all, he carried a sword.

Several students walked up to the man and snapped smiling photos on their cellphones.

“When we first saw him we thought it was a joke,” a 14-year-old student named Laith told Swedish state broadcaster SVT. “There were pupils who wanted to take pictures with him and feel the sword.”

What seemed like a Halloween joke, however, quickly turned into genuine horror. The man’s sword became a deadly weapon that was wielded with a “racist motive,” said police in a nation the prides itself on tolerance, but has been stunned from a series of suspicious fires at sites set aside to house a flood of asylum seekers and other migrants.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

mradilbert: the pictures of Scott Adams, with the words of Scott Adams

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

divabot posted:

mradilbert: the pictures of Scott Adams, with the words of Scott Adams

I thought I had posted that in this thread before but I apparently didn't, they're pretty great. This is my favorite:

Get em' while their hot, Scott Adams has a long history of abusing DMCA takedowns to get rid of anything actually funny involving dilbert (like drillbert, for instance)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cingulate posted:

Possibly the most Dork Enlightenment thing ever:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-school-2-dead/

"So Darth Vader walks into a school holding his Hanzo Steel..."

Also I don't know if it's a double-entendre in swedish but I giggled at "[asked to] feel his sword" :shobon:

EDIT: gently caress is that a goddamned katana? I can't quite tell but it looks like a katana. I'm so conflicted right now, on the one hand this is a terrible senseless murder, on the other hand this man is an actual real life murder clown

EDIT2: "Social media accounts allegedly linked to the suspect show he liked German metal bands and videos about Nazi weaponry."

Shame Boy has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Jan 27, 2016

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

EDIT2: "Social media accounts allegedly linked to the suspect show he liked German metal bands

Blind Guardian never hurt nobody. :(

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DarklyDreaming posted:

Well, me.

I'll assume he only saw the first 30 seconds or so. I just can't imagine him actually getting to the rape joke and still liking it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

"So Darth Vader walks into a school holding his Hanzo Steel..."

Also I don't know if it's a double-entendre in swedish but I giggled at "[asked to] feel his sword" :shobon:

EDIT: gently caress is that a goddamned katana? I can't quite tell but it looks like a katana. I'm so conflicted right now, on the one hand this is a terrible senseless murder, on the other hand this man is an actual real life murder clown

EDIT2: "Social media accounts allegedly linked to the suspect show he liked German metal bands and videos about Nazi weaponry."

SPOILERS: this guy is the villain in Force Awakens

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

divabot posted:

This is Nick Land trying for dibs on naming rights for the alt-right, the 14/88 24/7 crew with a bit of neoreactionary jargon, who had already quite happily self-labeled "alt-right" for a fair while by then. Next up: Nick Land discovers Iron Pill.

Land was only legitimately interesting and original guy they had and it's a real shame to see him trying to jump on the alt-right bandwagon.