Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Halfway through Making a Murderer and I'm pretty sure I'll consider it the worst show ever made when I look up all of the evidence that they didn't include in the documentary. It's so loving one sided and biased I can't watch it without rolling my eyes almost constantly. I also loving hate hillbillies. Also, no one outside of the lawyers has any idea how to use the past participle. That's my review of this bizarrely popular show, thanks.

Obligatory Handle fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
The last couple episodes of moonbeam city were aired new at 1am after the South Park replay. They prompted the 1030 episode to just show another South Park. Don't get too invested in it. It won't be back.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The American Dream posted:

The last couple episodes of moonbeam city were aired new at 1am after the South Park replay. They prompted the 1030 episode to just show another South Park. Don't get too invested in it. It won't be back.

I watched the first two episodes and gave up on that dumpster fire. I guess Miami Vice ripoff cartoons are just doomed to suck because even that season of Archer was absolute garbage.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ronnie posted:

And not a single one of you fucks mentioned Glee. A show that had an episode involving a school shooting right after an actual school shooting.

I remember watching the first half of season 1 on Netflix, then going to TVIV and posting "hey this show is actually pretty good, am I crazy" only to be met with a dozen goons telling me to jump ship before I ruined it for myself.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Bazinga

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Obligatory Handle posted:

Halfway through Making a Murderer and I'm pretty sure I'll consider it the worst show ever made when I look up all of the evidence that they didn't include in the documentary. It's so loving one sided and biased I can't watch it without rolling my eyes almost constantly. I also loving hate hillbillies. Also, no one outside of the lawyers has any idea how to use the past participle. That's my review of this bizarrely popular show, thanks.

The point isn't whether or not the guy is guilty, it's about how corrupt the police were and how many innocent lives were ruined by them doing whatever it took to convict him.

Of course the people who spend the most time complaining about how bad TV is are the ones who are terrible at actually watching it and understanding it on any level beyond their bizarre hangups like guns and computers.

shortstop
Jul 23, 2007
Mike and Molly. How many fat jokes can you fill up an hour with? 30 mins of nasally cheeseburger jokes.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

shortstop posted:

Mike and Molly. How many fat jokes can you fill up an hour with? 30 mins of nasally cheeseburger jokes.

Did you know that fat people can also have sex?!

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Moonbeam City is amazing, I can't believe it is getting so much hate in this thread

Brickleberry is pretty awful. It's trying very hard to be Family Guy and Drawn Together and it's not doing well at being either of them.

shortstop
Jul 23, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

Did you know that fat people can also have sex?!

I was unaware of this completely. Thank god we have female Zach Galafanakis to inform us all.

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
Lost and X Files mentioned but not Fringe?

Show started as a spiritual successor to X Files monster-of-the-week investigations but then morphed into something that had all the depth of a Futurama one liner (Infinite universes? Nope, only this one and the one with zeppelins...) then the last season jumped way into the future where they're fighting against some evil bald dudes from even FURTHER in the future that took over the world or something.

Haven't seen Lost but I can't imagine it being worse than Fringe.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Mammon Loves You posted:

Show started as a spiritual successor to X Files monster-of-the-week investigations but then morphed into something that had all the depth of a Futurama one liner (Infinite universes? Nope, only this one and the one with zeppelins...) then the last season jumped way into the future where they're fighting against some evil bald dudes from even FURTHER in the future that took over the world or something.

Don't forget Season 3, where the show's creators decided to literally undo all character development from the first 2 seasons.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Meet the Press. Yeah, let's hear what John McCain has to say about whatever instead of someone who might know what's going on.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Mammon Loves You posted:

The best argument for Lost being good is to see how bad every attempt to emulate Lost was in comparison.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frackie Robinson posted:

The best argument for Lost being good is to see how bad every attempt to emulate Lost was in comparison.

Lost disease ran rampant through television, infected many good shows, claiming several. BattleStar Galactica was bedridden by Lostitus in it's third season and it's death was not pretty. What it did to Heroes was the stuff of nightmares.

Remember only through lack of a nostalgia for Lost can we keep our TV shows safe from this horrible epidemic.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Blazing Ownager posted:

Lost disease ran rampant through television, infected many good shows, claiming several. BattleStar Galactica was bedridden by Lostitus in it's third season and it's death was not pretty.

Only Lost had entertaining enough characters that it could get away with doing its Lost stuff. Sorry The Event, sorry V, sorry Revolution, sorry Jericho, I don't want to spend time with any of these people, you're unmitigated garbage.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Frackie Robinson posted:

Only Lost had entertaining enough characters that it could get away with doing its Lost stuff. Sorry The Event, sorry V, sorry Revolution, sorry Jericho, I don't want to spend time with any of these people, you're unmitigated garbage.

yeah, Jericho had it's problems, but it doesn't belong on that list

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Lost had more than enough great moments in its run to make up for its frustrating aspects and flaws.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Mammon Loves You posted:

Fringe was a bomb so there's no e-peen to be gained by hating it.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Worst show? It's [SUCCESSFUL AND WELL LIKED SHOW THAT YOU PERSONALLY ENJOY].

Heh. :smug:

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Sleeveless posted:

The point isn't whether or not the guy is guilty, it's about how corrupt the police were and how many innocent lives were ruined by them doing whatever it took to convict him.

Of course the people who spend the most time complaining about how bad TV is are the ones who are terrible at actually watching it and understanding it on any level beyond their bizarre hangups like guns and computers.

Ok

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pawl posted:

Moonbeam City is amazing, I can't believe it is getting so much hate in this thread
it's a shame that there will very likely be no second season because it's more than just the Archer clone many originally dismissed it as

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Yeah, I don't get the hate of Moonbeam City, but I've only seen the first episode as it was a free download. All things considered, I thought the humor was pretty rapid fire even if it lacked the cohesion of Archer.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Obligatory Handle posted:

I also loving hate hillbillies.

Not a fan of the discovery channel then?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Something that isn't as apparent is that one of the reasons Criminal Minds was successful was when it debuted it was wildly more gory, violent and gross than basically every other non-cable police procedural. It was also a lot less goofy and better researched than most other crime shows at the time. It also was based around a caveat that let them have every case be some big crazy serial killer thing without it being crazy like on CSI where suddenly every single front of the newspaper caliber major crime seems to magically happen in Las Vegas or Miami. This stopped mattering because police shows have always been an escalating arms war and basically every show since them built on what they did and the formerly shocking level of violence and gore was basically obsoleted or matched by other shows withing a year of it coming on the air.

It's not a good show but I understand why it got a foothold, and once you get a foothold as a procedural you can basically guarantee six to twelve seasons without worrying about cancellation because the audience of those shows is mostly over 40 and still watches TV like its 1995.

Also it was basically a ripping off/heavily inspired by a much better British show called Spooks/Mi-5, which was like the more realistic, less insane, version of 24.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Say Nothing posted:

Not a fan of the discovery channel then?

all of discovery's programming these days is utter trash.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Blazing Ownager posted:

Lost disease ran rampant through television, infected many good shows, claiming several. BattleStar Galactica was bedridden by Lostitus in it's third season and it's death was not pretty. What it did to Heroes was the stuff of nightmares.

Heroes was always a turd, nothing "happened" to it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

The only good thing to come from Heroes was Harry Knowles publicly being a gross weirdo about the cheerleader, and even then his review of Blade 2 was grosser.

"[img posted:

http://i.imgur.com/r2YXuFLm.jpg[/img]"]Hayden Panettiere, born August 21, 1989, now 17 (legal in Texas, which is important, because her character is in Odessa, Texas) as the character, Claire Bennett. She's adorably cute, constantly in her cheerleader uniform. Ok - now never mind that she fulfills the underage cheerleading limber blond virginal demographic. That's pretty delicious. But they gave her the ability to regenerate and resuscitate from any and all injuries. This power has decided to manifest itself before she's lost her virginity. Which means - everytime she has sex, she's a virgin as her hymen will repair itself. Meaning that everytime she's hosed, its like she's being hosed for the very first time. OK - that's WAY WRONG. NOW - add to that - that she's at the age where cellular growth is complete. This is it. No wrinkles. No sagging breasts. If she has a kid and it pushes the hipbones out... they'll straighten back and she'll be fine. Of course - that's even if she could get pregnant. Would her eggs allow an invading sperm to fertilize? Is that possible? OR - is she simply doomed to enjoy threat free sex for life. Now - here's the scary part. She'll never know non-hymen blocked sex. Cuz even if it gets pushed through... on any withdrawal and cycle back in, the hymen will have grown back. SO... It's my theory that do to the constant discomfort of virginal sex with men, her character will prefer the kind attention of her fellow sex. MEANING - she'll be a hot, underage, cheerleading lesbian... for life. ALSO - she could have sex with ANYONE. Any disease - unprotected and be perfectly ok. The people behind this show are sick. Either that or they have singlehandedly created the most deviantly awesome fanboy sex object in the history of SUPERHERO FICTION. And she's from Texas. Claire... you rule!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Which mod account is that ginger guy?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why is his face on upside-down?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Mammon Loves You posted:

Guess again, pal

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

El Estrago Bonito posted:

suddenly every single front of the newspaper caliber major crime seems to magically happen in...Miami

Paging Dexter Morgan

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sleeveless posted:

The only good thing to come from Heroes was Harry Knowles publicly being a gross weirdo about the cheerleader, and even then his review of Blade 2 was grosser.

He's also a pathological liar. He tells a story about how the entire cast of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre came to his birthday party, Gunnar Hansen gave him a basket of prop dismembered body parts and cut the cake with the chainsaw used in the movie. A story he sticks to even though every cast member that was asked said it never happened.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Sleeveless posted:

christ that beard. christ, that everything.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
maybe Wings is even more bland than Everybody Loves Raymond, I'm not sure

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

mdm posted:

maybe Wings is even more bland than Everybody Loves Raymond, I'm not sure

Wings was hilarious. Tony Shaloub as Antonio Scarpacci was drat funny. "In Italy..."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

Paging Dexter Morgan
there's no debate that Dexter had the worst series finale ever, right? ok let's move on then

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

First season was awesome. Like Lost, and BSG.

Second season and on was poo poo city for all three.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Philthy posted:

First season was awesome. Like Lost

Haha jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Y-Hat posted:

there's no debate that Dexter had the worst series finale ever, right? ok let's move on then

It was better than no finale. Imagine my surprise when I got through the last eps of Deadwood and Rome, the "complete" series. Zero resolution and impossibly quick and tidy resolution may occur if you try to connect with a show on its own merits and fail to consult the oracle first.

• Locked thread