Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Amorphages are really yourFunIsOver.dek.

Pendulum effect: "While you control an Amorphage Monster, your opponent can't do anything."

Monster effect: "If this pendulum summoned or flipped face up monster is on the field, your opponent can't play Extra Deck monsters."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Amorphages would be great if they didn't lose against the very achetype they're made to counter (pepe) every time they get round 2.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

And a better picture of the new Celtic Guard, who is apparently a Noble Arms monster as well. So “Celtic Guard of the Noble Arms” would probably be an apt translation.

What the hell Konami? :psyduck:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Noble Knights/Noble Arms name scheme is all screwed up.

Remember that this is a Noble Knight too: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sacred_Knight_Joan

And this is a Noble Arms: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial_Sword_-_Eatos

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah but those are a different situation since they were made a long time before the NK ever existed (so in a way is more like the NK were ADDED to those cards). In this case Konami is intentionally making the new Celtic Guard part of the archetype for some uncomprehensible reason.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Because "Holy Swotd" is a generic enough term that it shouldn't have been an archetype name
See also: "Guardian".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
In light of the new Monarch structure deck, I've been dicking around with ideas for a new Monarch deck, and I think this one is actually working out pretty well. (It is, however, prohibitively expensive for me to make until the structure deck drops.)

Monsters (19)
1 - Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 - Thestalos the Mega Monarch
1 - Caius the Mega Monarch
2 - Vanity's Fiend
2 - Majesty's Fiend
3 - Caius the Shadow Monarch
1 - Mobius the Frost Monarch
1 - Raiza the Storm Monarch
2 - Photon Thrasher
1 - Dandylion
2 - Maxx "C"
2 - Lucius the Shadow Vassal

Spells (17)
1 - Raigeki
3 - Tenacity of the Monarchs
3 - Pot of Duality
3 - The Monarchs Stormforth
2 - March of the Monarchs
2 - Return of the Monarchs
3 - Domain of the True Monarchs

Traps (4)
1 - Crush Card Virus
1 - Vanity's Emptiness
2 - The First Monarch

Extra Deck (0)
:toot:

Side Deck (15)
1 - Mobius the Mega Monarch
1 - Caius the Mega Monarch
2 - Zaborg the Mega Monarch
2 - Mystical Space Typhoon
2 - Storming Mirror Force
2 - Imperial Iron Wall
1 - Eradicator Epidemic Virus
2 - Battle Fader
2 - Landrobe the Rock Vassal

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 26, 2016

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Any ideas when the Monarch structure deck gets released or the countries it will be in?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Any ideas when the Monarch structure deck gets released or the countries it will be in?
Cards Outlet and CoolStuff say end of this month, so hopefully pretty soon.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
January 29th.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Hello I have not played YGO in any form since like season 1 of Zexal and am looking at this YGO Pro/DuelPro thing. I have some questions though

- How automated are the programs? How much of every action do I Have to manually input?
- Which archetypes these days are most viable on their own (including parterned archetypes that interact with each other)? I'm a giant nerd who likes to stick with a theme so outside of staple spells/traps I like to make my monsters match.
- Which Arc-V character's deck is the most viable in play? For both this question and the above one I don't mean I want HOT META TOP TIER NET DECKS just something fun to play and isn't totally awful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Hello I have not played YGO in any form since like season 1 of Zexal and am looking at this YGO Pro/DuelPro thing. I have some questions though

- How automated are the programs? How much of every action do I Have to manually input?
- Which archetypes these days are most viable on their own (including parterned archetypes that interact with each other)? I'm a giant nerd who likes to stick with a theme so outside of staple spells/traps I like to make my monsters match.
- Which Arc-V character's deck is the most viable in play? For both this question and the above one I don't mean I want HOT META TOP TIER NET DECKS just something fun to play and isn't totally awful.
- YGOPro is almost completely automated. It gets some specific rulings wrong, though, so eventually you'll want to move over to DuelingNetwork, which is entirely manual. (Just be prepared to have a lot of arguments with idiots about rules until you get your ranking up.) It's not uncommon to play on *Pro while you learn a deck, then DN once you understand how it works.
- The top archetypes right now are (in no particular order) Performage/Performapal, Dracoslayer, Kozmo, and Monarchs. There's also the up-and-comers of Deskbots, and a few tier-2 decks that are also doing well.
- After some googling: Yuya's Odd-Eyes/Wavering Eyes aren't bad, but they need a bit of Performapal support to be really good. With it, they're arguably the best deck in the format. Beyond that, I dunno the characters well enough to comment.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 27, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

The best thing about Arc-V is that nearly every character's deck is at least consistent and of a decent power level.

The best deck in the game right now uses Yuya's Performapals as it's main engine. TCG has access to the Performage engine (Another Arc-V deck), which strengthens the deck even further.

Past the TOP TIER HOT META stuff you have Fluffals/Frightfurs (spam the field with infinite summons that can get a ton of attack/blow up the opponent's entire field/attack a half dozen times in a row), Raid Raptors (SUMMON AN XYZ MONSTER AND RANK IT UP OVER AND OVER AGAIN), Speedroids (heavy Synchro Summon based deck), Lunalights (more Fusioning, this time based on using your Fusions to summon more Fusions that can attack everything on your opponent's field at once + multiple times), and Melodious (the weakest of these decks, but they have a lockdown combo that prevents your opponent from doing basically anything to your monsters).

None of these are really meta (Though I'd argue that Raid Raptors and Fluffals/Frightfuts have serious potential, they just need a bit more support), but they're all solid, strong decks and are all a ton of fun to play.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I need some help. I've spent a lot of time tweaking this Monarch deck, and I think I've finally hit on a build that works, but I need some help keeping it consistent, and figuring out a good sideboard (and what to switch) for the main opponents I'm gonna face.

The core strategy is simple: Rush out Vanity's Fiend and/or Majesty's Fiend, backed up by March, Domain, and ideally, a Dark Bribe to prevent March's destruction (or something like a Storming Mirror Force). Aither can summon either Caius or Majesty, Caius provides some much-needed removal, and BLS is basically just an "oh poo poo" option thrown in because this deck is entirely Light and Dark.

Monsters (16)
2 - Caius the Mega Monarch
2 - Aither the Heaven Monarch
3 - Vanity's Fiend
2 - Majesty's Fiend
3 - Eidos the Netherworld Knight
3 - Idea the Heaven Knight

Spells (19)
1 - Raigeki
3 - Pantheism of the Monarchs
3 - Upstart Goblin
3 - March of the Monarchs

Traps (5)
1 - Vanity's Emptiness
2 - The Original Monarch
2 - Dark Bribe

Extra Deck (0)
:woop:

Side Deck (15???)
2 - Zaborg the Mega Monarch (Replaces Caius vs Lightsworn???)
2 - Thestalos the Mega Monarch (Replaces Caius vs Exodia/high-level decks???)
3 - Mystical Space Typhoon (Counter-Side against the inevitable Mask of Restrict)
1 - Crush Card Virus
2 - Maxx "C" (????)
2 - Imperial Iron Wall (????)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No Twin Twisters?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xoidanor posted:

No Twin Twisters?
Would you use them over MST, or find room in the main deck?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Both, they're really good and let you dump duplicate/un-needed spells from your hand.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Vote for the next SJ promo card

quote:

Wicked Acolyte Chilam Sabak
Reptile/Effect, DARK, Level 8, 2500 ATK / 0 DEF
If you have 5 or more cards in your hand, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card in Defense Position and it is treated as a Tuner monster. You can only use this effect of "Wicked Acolyte Chilam Sabak" once per turn.

Number S0: Utopic ZEXAL
Warrior/Xyz/Effect, LIGHT, ? ATK / ? DEF
3 "Number" Xyz Monsters with the same Rank
(This card's original Rank is always treated as 1.)
You can also Xyz Summon this card by discarding 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card, then using a "Utopia" Xyz Monster as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) This card's Xyz Summon cannot be negated. When this card is Xyz Summoned, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects this turn (this is a Quick Effect).

Performapal Trumpanda
Beast/Pendulum/Effect, EARTH, Level 3, Pendulum Scale 3, 800 ATK / 800 DEF
When your Pendulum Monster is targeted for an attack: You can negate the attack. You can only use this effect of "Performapal Trumpanda" once per turn.
When your Pendulum Monster is targeted for an attack: You can negate the attack. You can only use this effect of "Performapal Trumpanda" once per turn.
Once per turn: You can increase this card's Pendulum Scale by 1 (max. 12).

Relinkuriboh
Fiend/Effect, DARK, Level 1, 300 ATK / 200 DEF
If this card is Tributed: Draw 1 card. If your monster would be destroyed by battle, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

Number 93: Utopia Kaiser
Warrior/Xyz/Effect, LIGHT, Level 12, 2500 ATK / 2000 DEF
2 or more "Number" Xyz Monsters with the same Rank that has Xyz Material
Once per turn: You can Special Summon Rank 9 or lower "Number" monsters with 3000 or less ATK that have different Ranks from each other from your Extra Deck, up to the number of different Xyz Materials attached to this card, but their effects are negated, then detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. For the rest of this turn, any battle damage your opponent takes is halved, also you cannot Special Summon. While you control other "Number" Xyz Monster, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Remember how we were talking about how Delg is bad?

Sometimes Yugioh players are such idiots... All of the delgs are pretty much sold out, and the one's left are like 35$ :cripes:

Also, voted for Relinkuriboh, since it is the only card there that I actually like (I hate Utopia cards. A utopia deck is cool, but ZeXaL is the worst series, and worst ace monster)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Yugioh secondary market is loving disgusting and it makes me really sad how easy it is for people to manipulate it.

The whole Spell Chronicle debacle still makes me shake my head.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I've pretty much only played YGO on consoles (mainly handhelds) but recently got a PS4 and back into playing the series through Legacy of the Duelist, but I stopped playing shortly after XYZ monsters became a thing.

Anyways, looking at the cards in LotD, I noticed a bunch of these Dragon Ruler cards were banned, but I've never been particularly good at the game so even after looking at their effects and stats I have a hard time understanding why they were banned in the first place.

Granted, my YGO sense is pretty lovely and it took me a while to realize that sending cards to the graveyard was actually a good thing in a lot of decks.

But doesn't having to banish a bunch of your cards each time you wanna summon these things take a massive toll on your resources?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

So I've pretty much only played YGO on consoles (mainly handhelds) but recently got a PS4 and back into playing the series through Legacy of the Duelist, but I stopped playing shortly after XYZ monsters became a thing.

Anyways, looking at the cards in LotD, I noticed a bunch of these Dragon Ruler cards were banned, but I've never been particularly good at the game so even after looking at their effects and stats I have a hard time understanding why they were banned in the first place.

Granted, my YGO sense is pretty lovely and it took me a while to realize that sending cards to the graveyard was actually a good thing in a lot of decks.

But doesn't having to banish a bunch of your cards each time you wanna summon these things take a massive toll on your resources?

Its mainly because they worked with so many other decks and pushed them into "super broken" territory. When they were all at 3 they were the best deck for two or three formats straight because they kept summoning and summoning and going into OP, at the time, rank 7 cards like Dragosac, Big Eye, Divine Dragon...

The issue with banishing wasn't even really there for two(?) formats because this card was a thing.

Maybe its because Dragon Ruler formats was when I was most active in the meta but I have never detested a archtype as much as I did when they were big. It was sad to see them banned because they did help some niche decks get plus. Pity it also helped the decks that didn't need help.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Dragons in particular have ways to bring back banished monsters.

Also, they make it really easy to Xyz Summon Rank 7s like Flare Metal Dragon and Big Eye.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, right.

I tend to not mix archetypes together (besides Frogs + Monarchs and Dark World + Fabled) so the thought of doing so or using the dragons for XYZ summons really never occurred to me. Guess that makes sense. Thanks for the answers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

If they're dead, it doesn't matter

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

If they're dead, it doesn't matter

I figure they'll be back at one in a year maybe.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The vast majority of banned cards are only banned until power creep catches up with them.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Poison Mushroom posted:

The vast majority of banned cards are only banned until power creep catches up with them.

Have they been dumb enough to try to unban Pot of Greed or Graceful Charity yet?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Have they been dumb enough to try to unban Pot of Greed or Graceful Charity yet?
Nah, they seem to have finally realized that pure, unconditional card advantage is OP. One of the reasons that Pepe is so powerful is that they get a lot of draw and search. There's a lot of thinning-type draw, though. (The most well known being Upstart Goblin.)

Most of what card advantage does exist is restricted to specific archetypes, and usually involves discarding before you draw. (Pantheism of the Monarchs, etc. Allure is at 1 at least partially because it breaks both of these rules.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 28, 2016

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I need some help. I've spent a lot of time tweaking this Monarch deck, and I think I've finally hit on a build that works, but I need some help keeping it consistent, and figuring out a good sideboard (and what to switch) for the main opponents I'm gonna face.

The core strategy is simple: Rush out Vanity's Fiend and/or Majesty's Fiend, backed up by March, Domain, and ideally, a Dark Bribe to prevent March's destruction (or something like a Storming Mirror Force). Aither can summon either Caius or Majesty, Caius provides some much-needed removal, and BLS is basically just an "oh poo poo" option thrown in because this deck is entirely Light and Dark.

Monsters (16)
2 - Caius the Mega Monarch
2 - Aither the Heaven Monarch
3 - Vanity's Fiend
2 - Majesty's Fiend
3 - Eidos the Netherworld Knight
3 - Idea the Heaven Knight

Spells (19)
1 - Raigeki
3 - Pantheism of the Monarchs
3 - Upstart Goblin
3 - March of the Monarchs

Traps (5)
1 - Vanity's Emptiness
2 - The Original Monarch
2 - Dark Bribe

Extra Deck (0)
:woop:

Side Deck (15???)
2 - Zaborg the Mega Monarch (Replaces Caius vs Lightsworn???)
2 - Thestalos the Mega Monarch (Replaces Caius vs Exodia/high-level decks???)
3 - Mystical Space Typhoon (Counter-Side against the inevitable Mask of Restrict)
1 - Crush Card Virus
2 - Maxx "C" (????)
2 - Imperial Iron Wall (????)

dark bribe should probably be solemn strike or scolding

also crush card is horrible right now

twin twister > MST; and main deck maxx "c". never worry about siding versus gimmick decks like exodia or FTKs because if they're built right your side doesn't matter.

raigeki is a side card right now unless you have easy access to dweller for kozmo

consider siding forbidden chalice to out first turn infinity/rafflesia boards, not sure why you're siding zaborg, caius is better vs. lightsworn or anything using it as an engine anyway

also where's erebus? that's the card to out kozmo ships, pendulums, scales, etc.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Graceful Charity isn't inherently card advantage. It just makes Dark World decks stupid broken.

I've wondered for a while if there's room for a "super-limited" section on the banlist. Like "you can have exactly 1 of 1 of these", you could put stuff like the Dragon Rulers, Sangan maybe, plus some generics like maybe Cold Wave, stuff that doesn't win you the game by itself or have a disgustingly huge effect.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vaguely related, I wonder what the best deck in Traditional is. I wanna say Dracoslayer, honestly? Even just Super Rejuvenation alone would be crazy with the right build, not to mention some of the other crazy poo poo you can get up to.

Thousand Eyes Restrict is basically a worse Cyber Dragon Infinity at this point.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_95:_Galaxy-Eyes_Dark_Matter_Dragon

Dragon Rulers won't come back unless this gets hit. Number 95 is the card that finally got them banned, so unless they do something about that, don't expect to see Droolers again.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dabir posted:

Graceful Charity isn't inherently card advantage. It just makes Dark World decks stupid broken.

I've wondered for a while if there's room for a "super-limited" section on the banlist. Like "you can have exactly 1 of 1 of these", you could put stuff like the Dragon Rulers, Sangan maybe, plus some generics like maybe Cold Wave, stuff that doesn't win you the game by itself or have a disgustingly huge effect.

The thing about Graceful Charity is I can activate it at any time, and it cycles through 3 cards of my deck. So it's like a super Upstart Goblin, and almost a strictly better Pot of Duality, especially since you could choose to discard cards that are already in your hand.

As for the "super-limited" concept, people are trying that with the UXL custom banlist, though I don't like it for various reasons.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dexie posted:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_95:_Galaxy-Eyes_Dark_Matter_Dragon

Dragon Rulers won't come back unless this gets hit. Number 95 is the card that finally got them banned, so unless they do something about that, don't expect to see Droolers again.

It'd be weird if a main character ace monster was banned, even a manga version

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
update: guys I really really like noble knights

it doesn't take a lot to get going and when you've got loving king arthur out there with 3500 attack triple wielding magical swords and your opponent realizes they have to dump at least two spell removal cards to even have a chance of taking out this one monster

it's great

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

My favourite way of dealing with Noble Knights is to Big Eye their big monster. Pretty funny to have their big, untouchable monster that also blocks out all their spell/trap zones.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Excaliburn. :P

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Arkbrave Dragon :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dexie posted:

My dragonpit magician laughs.

I won against a NK guy at locals last weekend with this exact situation. Four equips including Excaliburn on a big XYZ, I pop the excaliburn and big eye the XYZ. My opponent wasn't too happy.

• Locked thread