Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Careful, this is high test stuff.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Les Zaitz is reporting on it for the Oregonian.

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Ontario, Oregon! Bustling metropolis of 11,366.

Ah, okay then. That's a little less far-fetched I guess.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Considering this is an actively unfolding event with lives still on the line, are there any media sources on the ground aside from Pete's defunct stream?

I'm signed up as a member of the media via FlashAlert in Oregon and have FBI-Portland and OSP registered, so when they release press briefings I'll post them here.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

I hope you're right and he's open to diplomacy, but nothing in his history, demeanor, or reaction to the shooting/arrest that assure me of this. Maybe he's keeping the kids as negotiation fodder? That's a good idea, problem is:

1) that's foresight they haven't shown so far
2) already said he's willing to die for whatever this is
3) what would they demand that they aren't being offered or haven't already been refused when they had more leverage?

maybe he just didn't want cps to take his kids?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Volkerball posted:

CPS hasn't stopped them so far :shrug:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Volkerball posted:

No matter what, CPS is taking the kids. So if that's the sticking point he's going to end up murder-suiciding or refusing to surrender.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The livestream chat does not appreciate Levon or Lebron chat.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Subterfrugal posted:

Per the press release these were probable cause arrests. That surprises me. I would have figured they were sitting on indictments.

Keep in mind, they haven't had time to investigate the crime scene yet, and there is plenty of time to stack on other charges

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Jacobin fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 27, 2016

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shakenbaker posted:

Dickhead on Pete stream calling tarp man one of the greatest men to have ever lived.

When he said "men lost their lifes" i tried to look up ricky yelling "thems there cig'rits is our lifes" and i couldnt find it so pretend i did

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lotka Volterra posted:

No matter what, CPS is taking the kids. So if that's the sticking point he's going to end up murder-suiciding or refusing to surrender.

maybe right now in the heat of the moment that's what's on his mind, but there's no reason not to try and talk some sense into him. shits on lockdown now, and he's not going anywhere. since the government is actually locking the place down and making it clear this bullshit won't stand they can afford to be patient now.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Guy on stream trying to talk down to trolls in chat giving them poo poo over Finicum dying and laughing at them "Good men lost their lives tonight....and now we have to worry about women and children!"

YOU DID THIS YOU ASSHOLES! YOU BROUGHT THE KIDS THERE! YOU STATED YOU WOULD FIGHT AND KILL IF THE LAW ATTEMPTED TO ARREST YOU! THIS IS THE BED YOU MADE!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hexyflexy posted:

It's like listening to a case study on exactly how badly human brains can go wrong. It's fascinating. And horrible.

It's a fascinating movement. The sovcits I've dealt with personally are, while frustrating, very interesting people. And often pitiable. Not really these ones, but the ones I've had a chance to look at usually had something go really wrong in their life and then made some pretty severe rationalizations / bad choices to refuse to admit they were wrong. Doesn't excuse them, but usually leaves me with a feeling of "dude, things could have gone so much easier for you," which sucks.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
They might put the kids in the tower to make it harder to take out the snipers. Remember, thus is a glorious revolution of deluded psychpaths. They really have no limits on what they will do of they think it improves their chances of going out in a blaze of glory

I believe there is a very high chance that this will end very violently if the feds do go in sometime over the next 12 hours

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is Ryan Bundy's face going to be ok?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Sucks Finicum got whacked, but it's not all that surprising. I'm happy to hear that these guys are going to be facing some real charges and am glad to be proven wrong about that.

Now hopefully the remaining bullshit gets cleaned up safely for all involved.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Prester Jane posted:

I believe there is a very high chance that this will end very violently if the feds do go in sometime over the next 12 hours

One is already dead and another was shot. This is already very violent. It's not a shootout yet, but we've crossed the bridge.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Venom Snake posted:

Several of these people are white supremacists and have length criminal records up to and including murder. They also tried to kill federal agents when they were getting arrested. I mean yeah they aren't LITERALLY ISIS but it's funny to call them that.

lol it's kinda insulting to ISIS to compare these chucklefucks to them

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

ISIS has money trouble but at least they pay their bills

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Say one thing about ISIS, they were way more prepared to take and hold land than these guys.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Listening to this terrible sovcit call in show I'm left wondering how the hell do these people tell the difference between sincere calls and prank calls?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ISIS formed due to a complex chain of events rooted in large part in actual American invasion of a nation.

These guys got told they couldn't graze cows as much as they wanted to, because it would destroy the land.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Behold, the ONE group of people on earth who apparently didn't know there was a meeting with the neighboring county's sheriff tonight:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/692203441934987265

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
From the chat "is the paint dry yet?"

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

STAC Goat posted:

Listening to this terrible sovcit call in show I'm left wondering how the hell do these people tell the difference between sincere calls and prank calls?

Poe's Law is a bitch, ain't it.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they can drape his coffin in a blue tarp. Then fold it up into a triangle and give it to his wife.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

The other angle of the whole wait it out game that I'm rather embarrassed to have missed was the tactical benefits of letting these guys get complacent.

Honestly after three weeks of these undisciplined yahoos pulling guard a couple of FBI agents with nods could have probably just walked right in without anyone noticing. If those guys in the tower were doing more then sitting on the floor bullshitting I'd be shocked.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Thr Coast to Coast AM secret - you don't.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Clearly you can see his hands are up

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

It's cruel...it's playful... I like it

Venom Snake posted:

I was being kinda jokey but these group of people make it their hobby to run around destroying wild life preserves and ruining places in natural parks while threatening to kill anyone who stops them. I kind of have a vested interest in 3 of my family members not getting gun downed by the white version of ISIS.

I get it. I appreciate the explanation :)

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

kartikeya posted:

Behold, the ONE group of people on earth who apparently didn't know there was a meeting with the neighboring county's sheriff tonight:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/692203441934987265

"If we could have taken our guns and been involved in a gunfight with the FBI we would have, we tried, I promise."

-a real dumb motherfucker

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

STAC Goat posted:

silence..... who has ops? ...... static .... silence ... caller do you have anything? ..... silence ... you gotta get on thar dart roads and get to the refuge .... uhhhh who has ops?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jarmak posted:

The other angle of the whole wait it out game that I'm rather embarrassed to have missed was the tactical benefits of letting these guys get complacent.

Honestly after three weeks of these undisciplined yahoos pulling guard a couple of FBI agents with nods could have probably just walked right in without anyone noticing. If those guys in the tower were doing more then sitting on the floor bullshitting I'd be shocked.

they still haven't raided the compound though. they hit the guys in the car. it would've been a good idea to pull over the car and raid simultaneously if they had the numbers for it with that reasoning, but now they're back on high alert. someones dead.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Link to the sovcit call-in show please!

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
I am hoping someone makes a Metal Gear Solid V-esque mod for this whole thing, once the dust settles

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Anyone got a link or quote of Finicum saying he'll resist violently if they attempt to arrest him? Gonna need that over the next few days.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Subterfrugal posted:

Link to the sovcit call-in show please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I'm really loving their inevitable loss of their second amendment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

When I die, I hope that I am immortalized forever in a meme like this.

• Locked thread