Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Makes me wonder if there's a mole(s) on the inside just in case things turn out badly. Wouldn't have been hard to infiltrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So this is how The Pete Santilli Show ends. Staring at a motel wall listening to local news mumble in the background.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oil of Paris posted:

Makes me wonder if there's a mole(s) on the inside just in case things turn out badly. Wouldn't have been hard to infiltrate

I still want to believe that stoned black dude is secretly an FBI agent currently disarming Blaine.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013
https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/692205980453617664

edit:

I hosed up the link

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Volkerball posted:

maybe right now in the heat of the moment that's what's on his mind, but there's no reason not to try and talk some sense into him. shits on lockdown now, and he's not going anywhere. since the government is actually locking the place down and making it clear this bullshit won't stand they can afford to be patient now.

This is definitely the hope, but he doesn't seem to be one of the most reasonable members of that militia. But we'll see tomorrow how it plays out.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I hope every cop involved in every nanosecond of interaction with these guys at any time has a bodycam running.

Particularly at/after the car stop.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Crazy call in lady who can't work phones to save her life is reading some call for help.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crain posted:

So this is how The Pete Santilli Show ends. Staring at a motel wall listening to local news mumble in the background.

Pete's in jail. These are the lackies who don't know what the hell to do.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Thank you! Hoo boy this is purestrain.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Oil of Paris posted:

i am sure there are a few of them, either actual undercover moles or just informants.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Kazak_Hstan posted:

It's a fascinating movement. The sovcits I've dealt with personally are, while frustrating, very interesting people. And often pitiable. Not really these ones, but the ones I've had a chance to look at usually had something go really wrong in their life and then made some pretty severe rationalizations / bad choices to refuse to admit they were wrong. Doesn't excuse them, but usually leaves me with a feeling of "dude, things could have gone so much easier for you," which sucks.

I'm guessing you're in the US, I'm in the UK and we pretty much have the same problem with these people you do. I've had a couple of friends who were "that way" over the years. It's such a pain, because 99% of their personality is just fine. Then there is this 1% that is "Um, what in the name of god did you just say to me? Can.. can you even add? Or think about step B, after the step A you've just said you want to happen?", that I've never found a way to counter/help with/do anything about.

It's sad.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Feds want them to leave but might be looking to pick them off at the road blocks they have set up away from the site. Defeat in detail.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
They keep saying opsec, the gently caress does that mean? Is that another word for their dumb 'movement' or whatever?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

STAC Goat posted:

Pete's in jail. These are the lackies who don't know what the hell to do.

Yeah, but it's still his show. This is the final episode (unless his public defender doesn't tell him to stop throwing states evidence out into the internet).

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Jacobin posted:

I am hoping someone makes a Metal Gear Solid V-esque mod for this whole thing, once the dust settles

I don't wanna know upgraded my Fulton needs to be to get one of these dense motherfuckers out.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Astrofig posted:

They keep saying opsec, the gently caress does that mean? Is that another word for their dumb 'movement' or whatever?

Operational Security. It's official and military-y!

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Astrofig posted:

Short for operational security. Basically a reminder not to say things that will give away what they're up to.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Astrofig posted:

Operational Security. Don't reveal anything that the enemy can use against you. Don't be Geraldo drawing positions in the sand on camera, for example.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am sure there are a few of them, either actual undercover moles or just informants.

Yeah I'm pretty confident that there are good guys on the inside, considering you could just join by simply walking up to the place with a shotgun and a certain gleam in ur eye. Makes me feel better about the kids

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Astrofig posted:

"Operational Security". They don't know how to actually do that however. They just throw words around like 12 year olds who just watched Mission Impossible for the first time and decided to use ID codes when calling their friends.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Astrofig posted:

Operational security.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Astrofig posted:

operational security. it's a military thing which means to keep secret poo poo secret by not being an idiot. and these guys are a military and all.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Astrofig posted:

Its jargon for operational security, in the navy it meant not posting underway details on facebook.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Astrofig posted:

It's a way of saying don't put all the information the fbi needs to arrest them easily on the internet

well, not again at least

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Astrofig posted:

"OPSEC" is like a military term for how you conceal information and poo poo from the enemy. So it might be them playing soldier and warning each other not to say certain poo poo.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Volkerball posted:

they still haven't raided the compound though. they hit the guys in the car. it would've been a good idea to pull over the car and raid simultaneously if they had the numbers for it with that reasoning, but now they're back on high alert. someones dead.

I agree, though the same principle does apply to them getting complacent with the fact they weren't blockaded allowing them to snatch up anyone who was out wandering.

My only guess is that because of the wives and children at the compound they were hoping they could hit the leadership while they were moving and the rest would surrender.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
These people seem pretty convinced that tarp,an was shot in the face

Pretty easy for their minds to fill in blanks I guess

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Astrofig posted:

Its a military term for operational security. As you might imagine livestreaming on youtube is the opposite of OPSEC.

E: Live-streaming your ops channel, lol.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if anybody is dumb enough to fly a plane in to pick some of them up.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

UIApplication posted:

These people seem pretty convinced that tarp,an was shot in the face

Pretty easy for their minds to fill in blanks I guess

There better be a goddamn video of how that encounter went down because they're all saying he was gunned down execution style.

EDIT: Not that I want to see another police shooting video, but in this case there needs to be some evidence he wasn't just "surrendering".

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Has this been posted yet?
Some guy posted on Finicums youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8XKRnHs68

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Some militia's just announced operation "mutual defense" calling on all people to re-enforce the "freedom center"

Zyklon ben will be on the stream in 10 minutes

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crain posted:

There better be a goddamn video of how that encounter went down because they're all saying he was gunned down execution style.

Yeah they're full of poo poo

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Crain posted:

Has anybody claimed any sort of source for that? A call from the arrested or something?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crain posted:

They're all full of poo poo. From the sounds of it all the witnesses are sitting in jail cells.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jarmak posted:

I agree, though the same principle does apply to them getting complacent with the fact they weren't blockaded allowing them to snatch up anyone who was out wandering.

My only guess is that because of the wives and children at the compound they were hoping they could hit the leadership while they were moving and the rest would surrender.

pretty likely. hopefully it pans out and the rest surrender. since this is out of nowhere, they probably aren't in position to hold out against a long term siege at this point. they'd kind of gotten used to just replenishing supplies by driving to the store as needed.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Jacobin posted:

Has this been posted yet?
Some guy posted on Finicums youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8XKRnHs68

Do my ears deceive me or is this the pimply nerd behind DEFEND YOUR BASE?

'

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
I also wonder how much of a witch hunt is going on in there right now to uncover the infiltrators

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Oil of Paris posted:

I also wonder how much of a witch hunt is going on in there right now to uncover the infiltrators

Finally, all those games of mafia/werewolf at camp pay off...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The first time I heard that ringtone I thought it was like a lovely fill-in for playing taps for the dead guy

• Locked thread